Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Anime Requested 
FH Clairvoyant
FH Clairvoyant

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Special Access
Post Re: Anime Requested
Most of anime on your list are pure action series, shounen and a couple of seinen so my first advice would be Zetman, it's a wonder no one else noticed it's not on the list.
If you like light fantasy, adventure stories then Tegami Bachi or in english; Letter Bee is something you would most likely enjoy watching.
You should also take some liking to Durarara!!.

I think that if you liked Gundam Wing and seen both seasons of Code Geass - you should also like Gundam 00, in my opinion it has best storyline of all Gundams so far, also quite realistic (for a gundam). Also it wasn't made that long ago (I watched it in 2008-09) so it has a neaty graphics. Seed and Seed Destiny are also not too shabby, I've heard that there was a remastered version released recently.
...but Gundam Z is pretty old in comparison to the previous ones, and it's a little bit uncomfortable to watch in my opinion.

Also if you like psychological things and you have nothing against big mecha then Bokurano is a must. One of a few anime series I consider my 10/10.

Also, you have a couple of more mature action titles on your list, you seem to like future, technology, postapocalyptic themes and action... and i don't see this title on your list, so I'm kind of surprised no one said a thing about both seasons of Ghost In The Shell S.A.C. series, which is kind of best cyberpunk anime ever. Furthermore, thought it's pretty old it still has pretty awesome graphics. There's humor, there's cool action, neaty characters and there's interesting storyline.
Also if you like some serious, dark stories like Deadman Wonderland or Ergo Proxy - you should try looking into Psycho;Pass or Mirai Nikki if any of both matches your taste. Thought my favorite from serious dark stories would be Shin Sekai Yori - purely amazing and gorgeous on every aspect, 10/10.

Higurashi Koro Ni as well as Elfen Lied has a strange (a lil bit commercial) mixture of bloody gore story and yet sweet graphics - Blood-C takes both of this features to extremes. Even Hellsing Ultimate doesn't hold a candle to that when it comes to creativity with spilling blood everywhere.
Also Blood+ isn't so bad either, well it's a completelly different story than the Blood-C. I'm not sure if it would match your taste since I wouldn't call it very much an action anime. I would recommed it if you're fan of a old classy vampires that suck blood, not cock. For a 50 episodes story about a girl slaying monsters it has a very well made story.

Sword Art Online is a cool adventure anime set in a MMORPG world, but not the first and only one. I know two alternatives - whole ".Hack" series but I recommend only .hack//SIGN as it was the only one "watchable". There's also Log Horizon, it's currently airing and I would call it the best alternative - it gives most of focus to the game world setting than both previous titles and it's very interesting to watch (one of a few anime that made me I'm impatiently waiti for each new episode).

That's all I know that would probably match your taste in one way or another.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:04 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Special Access
Post Re: Anime Requested
Resilence wrote:
Most of anime on your list are pure action series, shounen and a couple of seinen so my first advice would be Zetman, it's a wonder no one else noticed it's not on the list.
If you like light fantasy, adventure stories then Tegami Bachi or in english; Letter Bee is something you would most likely enjoy watching.
You should also take some liking to Durarara!!.

I think that if you liked Gundam Wing and seen both seasons of Code Geass - you should also like Gundam 00, in my opinion it has best storyline of all Gundams so far, also quite realistic (for a gundam). Also it wasn't made that long ago (I watched it in 2008-09) so it has a neaty graphics. Seed and Seed Destiny are also not too shabby, I've heard that there was a remastered version released recently.
...but Gundam Z is pretty old in comparison to the previous ones, and it's a little bit uncomfortable to watch in my opinion.

Also if you like psychological things and you have nothing against big mecha then Bokurano is a must. One of a few anime series I consider my 10/10.

Also, you have a couple of more mature action titles on your list, you seem to like future, technology, postapocalyptic themes and action... and i don't see this title on your list, so I'm kind of surprised no one said a thing about both seasons of Ghost In The Shell S.A.C. series, which is kind of best cyberpunk anime ever. Furthermore, thought it's pretty old it still has pretty awesome graphics. There's humor, there's cool action, neaty characters and there's interesting storyline.
Also if you like some serious, dark stories like Deadman Wonderland or Ergo Proxy - you should try looking into Psycho;Pass or Mirai Nikki if any of both matches your taste. Thought my favorite from serious dark stories would be Shin Sekai Yori - purely amazing and gorgeous on every aspect, 10/10.

Higurashi Koro Ni as well as Elfen Lied has a strange (a lil bit commercial) mixture of bloody gore story and yet sweet graphics - Blood-C takes both of this features to extremes. Even Hellsing Ultimate doesn't hold a candle to that when it comes to creativity with spilling blood everywhere.
Also Blood+ isn't so bad either, well it's a completelly different story than the Blood-C. I'm not sure if it would match your taste since I wouldn't call it very much an action anime. I would recommed it if you're fan of a old classy vampires that suck blood, not cock. For a 50 episodes story about a girl slaying monsters it has a very well made story.

Sword Art Online is a cool adventure anime set in a MMORPG world, but not the first and only one. I know two alternatives - whole ".Hack" series but I recommend only .hack//SIGN as it was the only one "watchable". There's also Log Horizon, it's currently airing and I would call it the best alternative - it gives most of focus to the game world setting than both previous titles and it's very interesting to watch (one of a few anime that made me I'm impatiently waiti for each new episode).

That's all I know that would probably match your taste in one way or another.

You really know your stuff, thanks.

Blood+ and Blood-C, I've already seen, best Gore indeed, even the movies of it.
I didn't like Sword Art Online, I don't really like to watching gaming, I prefer playing ::D

I've watched the first movie of Ghost In The Shell btw, but will see the anime series.

And I will watch these as you recommended them,
- Zetman
- Tegami Bachi
- Gundam 00
- Gundam Seed/Destiny
- Bokurano
- Psycho;Pass
- Mirai Nikki
- Shin Sekai Yori

Thank you very much for your contribution.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:32 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2