Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 @joshex 
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Dev Team
Post @joshex
Me and a bunch of guys (probably over 5 people) have a huge project next year where we make a game. We're thinking something similar to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for GameCube. A multiplayer rpg styled adventure game with hack & slash fighting with magic and shit. We need technical artists or general artists designing and modelling playable characters and enemies. I was thinking anime styled human characters with cool swords and shit. This is just highly conceptual for now, but in any case, our project will be the main thing we show in our portfolio when we apply for jobs later on, so we're going all out with the latest 3D effects and techniques.

Want in?
It could be great for your portfolio.

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:59 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post Re: @joshex
Sure I can help, sounds promising, at least so long as I'm not the only modeller on the job (as it would take me a long time to make an entire world full of characters, enemies and such).

you said techinal artist, I assume you mean someone to control the special effects, I have also heard of the technical animator position and am over-qualified for that one.

have you decided on a game engine yet? and what platforms will it be on? and of coarse the big question do you have a publisher?

and final question, will the game be for resale?

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:28 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Dev Team
The game is a school project, and it's not really funded by any publishers. It will probably not be anything we'll spend or earn money on unless it turns out really good.

We haven't decided on any specifics regarding the engine, or what platforms it'll be on, but I'd say we'll probably make the graphical engine as well as network support from scratch, maybe (if we run out of time) use some commercial physics engine (that we'll be able to use for free as long as we wont make our game commercial, which as said all depends on how it all turns out), and probably use some finished sound engine too.

I only just started looking for people, and we haven't really gotten all that organized yet. We will look among the technical artists at our school (They have a modelling project running in parallel to our project.) for people to take care of modelling, textures and art, so you probably wont be alone. We will definitely not make you do more than you feel you want to spend your time on. You will be given credit of course for all resources you provide.

Also, we haven't decided whether to use OpenGL 4.x or DirectX 11.x, but it'll most certainly be one of those.

I can mail you the high concept paper as soon as we begin, and keep you updated. The project course starts in September next year and lasts until June 2014, so we still have like half a year to decide how to do this.

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!

Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
ok I should be open for work by september, I can do just about anything in blender. if it's not going to be for resale I suggest using blender for everything, it comes with all necessary stuff.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]