because

Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
Group: Gurren Doujin Brigade
Post Re: FUCK IRL
I once was an IRL like you, then I took a marriage with divorce to the knee. :REESE

Spoiler: show

1 pcs.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
*beats the shit out of Loffy with a jar of chickensauce*

Hai!

4 pcs.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:02 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
When a friend of mine recommended trying Going Outside: You Know, Real Life?, I was a bit skeptical because I wasn't familiar with the title, and I was a bit leery of independent games after my friend Jigsaw invited me over to his place to play a game, but that's another story.

Let's start off with my likes for this title: First, the graphics are really good. I really felt immersed in the environment and quaint little neighborhood in the first level. I know other games have pretty good graphics, but Going Outside: You Know, Real Life? takes it to another level, because when you look closely at an object, instead of seeing blurry pixels, the developers made a point to add really fine details. The levels in this game are huge; there's plenty of areas to explore and lots of NPCs to talk to.

Unfortunately, with a game like Going Outside: You Know, Real Life? spending so much of it's budget on graphics, there are some significant holes that really let me down and just kind of ruined the game for me in general. While there are a lot of NPCs you can talk to, they have very limited dialogue, to the point where it's hilarious (reminding me of the guards in Skyrim) where you can ask them about the weather, ask them what they do for work, and introduce yourself. Most of them just awkwardly and unrealistically walk away after you talk to them, and if you try to talk to them again, they usually go "Leave me alone" or "I really need to get going". So basically, the game is filled with anti-social individuals who have an insane amount of business to attend to in a suburban neighborhood? What could possibly be so pressing that everyone is too busy to talk to? It's almost laughable, but I can't blame the game designers for not being to program everyone to have a personality of their own, but why make it so you can interact with so many different NPCs who are useless to the gameplay? I don't know, it seemed pretty redundant to me.

There aren't really "enemies" per se in game, except for maybe the domestic dogs that chase after you, but they don't really deal damage with their attacks. There's no real sense of peril except for the two energy bars: "bladder" and "Hunger". If the bladder bar reaches zero, your character simply pees their pants, and you just run back to the spawning point in your house, get a new set of clothes, and move on. Again, it seems like an interesting little quirk to the game to make it more realistic, but doesn't really have any impact on the story, whereas if the Hunger bar reaches zero, your character passes out. I couldn't find any weapons in the first level, but there were no enemies to attack anyhow. The worst thing about the interface is that there is no mini-map, which seems like an unusual oversight for a game with such a huge area to explore, so it's easy to just get lost, and soil your character's pants several times before finding your house again to get a new set of clothes.

The real deal-breaker of this game is it's slow storyline; nothing is explained in the first level, you just start on your front door's porch with no objectives or mini-map. The NPCs don't give you any clues on what you're supposed to be doing, you're just forced to figure it out. The huge area is interesting, but as impressive as the graphics are, it seems wasted on a very "average" environment that doesn't really give the player any "Wow" visuals, like huge machines or supernatural events. I couldn't figure out how to get past the first level, because it was so time-consuming to figure out what to fucking do. There were other neat little features to the game, like how it goes from day-to-night in real-time, but this game is generally boring, uninspiring, non-engaging, and just bad in general. I give it 2 out of 5 dildos, but only because the graphics look pretty. Beyond that, just pass this one up, it's not worth playing.

Bubba wrote:
PKB's accent is... awesome and.. surprisingly sexy.

:)

Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Dev Team
meh fuck... IRL ain't so bad. At least shit happens.

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Newpurple wrote:
meh fuck... IRL ain't so bad. At least shit happens.

if you find a secret hidden area in the game in level 5 theres a sticker that says "Shit happens" it's right next to a sticker that says "If it has tits or wheels it will cause problems"

these are the the biggest hints in the game on how to get a high score and get 100% enjoyment.

most people who play the game never get past level 4 though, it can be a bitch.

there are also hidden passcodes in the game that can get you special treatment, they appear sporadically in level 7 sometimes you wish you knew them and where to use them back at level 1, like "please" and "thankyou" and that special costume called "dress professionally" that instantly makes NPCs interact with you.

yeah in level one they snub you off, but once you get "dress professionally" the interactions are more intense, also theres a hidden bar called "personal hygiene" you should keep tabs on this bar or it can negate the effects or "dress professionally" sometimes permanently or for months!, NPCs can be used for short periods at best to make gains and jump to the next level then for the most part you should determine if the experience you acquire there is still enough to carry yourself to the next level, remember experience cuts down to 0 for situations that are too far below your level.

another thing to watch out for is the Humiliation bar, generally speaking it's a rule to make sure this bar is empty or you could get negative responses from NPCs, but sometimes it's key to let this bar gain a small value to achieve the state we call "entertaining and not coming off as Austere". the humiliation bar is something I still struggle with, even at level 10 it's hard to engage this bar in the right way so most people end up in the emotionless and austere state in the game.

keep in mind different passwords get different things, some passwords may yield undesirable things. for example more often than not "fuck you" yields injuries and enemy groups begin to form, thats all well and dandy if you like a fighting style mmo, but keep n mind the PVP can be unbalanced and broken, often times the computer cheats and other players are hackers. however that said the move called "blunt object to the dick" works at most levels though at level 9001 everyone wears a steel codpiece so it doesn't work any more. below level 9001 sometimes you may find people with the item "plastic codpiece' confrontations should be avoided with these NPCs because they know the skill called "Kung Fu"

And of course if you do begin a fighting style MMO set-up you should try to do it professionally as there is a place called jail, it's difficult to get out too.

there is also a thing in the game called "pussy" theres alot of it but it can be a bitch to get, don't press yourself too hard on getting it because from observations this item comes in 2 categories "the wrong pussy" and "the right pussy" the wrong pussy makes up the majority, the right pussy is hard to find.

I much more prefer the sex kitten sim dates for cash gathering, in the IRL game we have similar situations but they take longer and yield less, keep in mind the hunger bar requires money to purchase items that can replenish it. it is possible to get these items without money but they only refill the bar slightly and are hard to obtain or may increase your humiliation bar.

one thing that sucks is that even at level 90 the earning rate doesn't really change alot from level 10 so tasks still yield the same small amounts till you hit level 100, however theres a secret quest that must be completed in order to go higher than level 99, at level 99 experience cuts off and the aforementioned quest must be found and begun, this quest is daunting and tedious it can take upward of 4 years in most cases and most of it costs excessive money costs that you can't afford, it's at this level that you realize the pressence of an enemy group all along thats called government and Corporatations and special rights groups.

there is a special passccode I'll share with you it's called "Ignore them and do everything on your own without even thinking of using someone else's work or getting someone else's help" the short code is "do it yourself"

P.S. I have heard stories of level 100, I know some people who hit it, they said once you get there the experience and cash gains are crazy, like you're on a hacked developer/beta server or something. still even with those gains, I've heard it's really hard to get to level 9001.

I am currently at level 99, I will admit things are a little better at this level, but it's mostly because of the items I've collected and special interactions I've unlocked.

some good advice is to keep up steady interactions with Forkheads when you get to level 99 it will help you start "The Quest" that can get you to level 100, where as other in game groups are pessimistic and unsupportive and rarely helpful.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:53 am
Profile E-mail
Level 10
Level 10

Cash on hand:

Bank:
psychokittyboy wrote:
When a friend of mine recommended trying Going Outside: You Know, Real Life?, I was a bit skeptical because I wasn't familiar with the title, and I was a bit leery of independent games after my friend Jigsaw invited me over to his place to play a game, but that's another story.

Let's start off with my likes for this title: First, the graphics are really good. I really felt immersed in the environment and quaint little neighborhood in the first level. I know other games have pretty good graphics, but Going Outside: You Know, Real Life? takes it to another level, because when you look closely at an object, instead of seeing blurry pixels, the developers made a point to add really fine details. The levels in this game are huge; there's plenty of areas to explore and lots of NPCs to talk to.

Unfortunately, with a game like Going Outside: You Know, Real Life? spending so much of it's budget on graphics, there are some significant holes that really let me down and just kind of ruined the game for me in general. While there are a lot of NPCs you can talk to, they have very limited dialogue, to the point where it's hilarious (reminding me of the guards in Skyrim) where you can ask them about the weather, ask them what they do for work, and introduce yourself. Most of them just awkwardly and unrealistically walk away after you talk to them, and if you try to talk to them again, they usually go "Leave me alone" or "I really need to get going". So basically, the game is filled with anti-social individuals who have an insane amount of business to attend to in a suburban neighborhood? What could possibly be so pressing that everyone is too busy to talk to? It's almost laughable, but I can't blame the game designers for not being to program everyone to have a personality of their own, but why make it so you can interact with so many different NPCs who are useless to the gameplay? I don't know, it seemed pretty redundant to me.

There aren't really "enemies" per se in game, except for maybe the domestic dogs that chase after you, but they don't really deal damage with their attacks. There's no real sense of peril except for the two energy bars: "bladder" and "Hunger". If the bladder bar reaches zero, your character simply pees their pants, and you just run back to the spawning point in your house, get a new set of clothes, and move on. Again, it seems like an interesting little quirk to the game to make it more realistic, but doesn't really have any impact on the story, whereas if the Hunger bar reaches zero, your character passes out. I couldn't find any weapons in the first level, but there were no enemies to attack anyhow. The worst thing about the interface is that there is no mini-map, which seems like an unusual oversight for a game with such a huge area to explore, so it's easy to just get lost, and soil your character's pants several times before finding your house again to get a new set of clothes.

The real deal-breaker of this game is it's slow storyline; nothing is explained in the first level, you just start on your front door's porch with no objectives or mini-map. The NPCs don't give you any clues on what you're supposed to be doing, you're just forced to figure it out. The huge area is interesting, but as impressive as the graphics are, it seems wasted on a very "average" environment that doesn't really give the player any "Wow" visuals, like huge machines or supernatural events. I couldn't figure out how to get past the first level, because it was so time-consuming to figure out what to fucking do. There were other neat little features to the game, like how it goes from day-to-night in real-time, but this game is generally boring, uninspiring, non-engaging, and just bad in general. I give it 2 out of 5 dildos, but only because the graphics look pretty. Beyond that, just pass this one up, it's not worth playing.

always remember to state your source:
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/408169- ... -real-life

:twisted

Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:41 pm
Profile E-mail
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
REAL LIFE: The full review Volumes have already been written about real life, the most accessible and most widely accepted massively multiplayer online role-playing game to date. Featuring believable characters, plenty of lasting appeal, and a lot of challenge and variety, real life is absolutely recommendable to those who've grown weary of all the cookie-cutter games that have tried to emulate its popularity--or to just about anyone, really.

Real life is densely populated and features a wide variety of places to explore and activities to engage in.

Real life isn't above reproach. In one of the stranger design decisions in the game, for some reason you have no choice in determining your character's initial starting location, appearance, or gender, which are chosen for you seemingly at random. However, over the course of your character's life, you have tremendous opportunity to customize and define a truly unique appearance for yourself--not only can you fine-tune your hairstyle and hair color, but you can also purchase and wear a seemingly infinite variety of clothing and influence your body type using various in-game mechanisms. For example, if your character exercises frequently, you will appear fit and muscular. You may also choose from a huge variety of tattoos and body piercings, and later you can even pay for cosmetic surgery, though this is expensive and there's a small chance that the operation will backfire. At any rate, real life offers a truly remarkable amount of variety in determining your character's outward appearance, and this depth isn't only skin deep. The only problem is you're relegated to playing as a human character, though the game does randomly choose one of several different races for you (which have little bearing on gameplay and mostly just affect appearances and your standing with certain factions).

The gameplay itself is extremely open-ended, though it's structured in such a way that you'll have a fairly clear path to follow when you're just starting out. Real life features a great system whereby newbie players will automatically be guided along through the early levels by one or more "parent" characters who elect to take newbie characters under their wing. This is a great system, as these older, more-experienced characters reap their own benefits from doing a good job of guiding the newbie character along. The system does have some problems, though--sometimes you'll encounter "griefer" parents who shirk their responsibilities or, even worse, seem content to harass newbie players. Such a situation could, in theory, irreparably damage your experience in real life. Fortunately, chances of this are relatively slim, as a harsh punitive system is in place to prevent the vast majority of players from experiencing or engaging in this sort of behavior.

Starting out in real life can admittedly be boring, but the experience becomes much more interesting and open-ended once you get past the learning curve.

Typically, a character will learn of the numerous viable career paths available by undergoing schooling. This can be a long and tedious process, equivalent to the sort of "level treadmill" monotony that characterizes almost all MMORPGs. Nevertheless, many players do manage to enjoy themselves in this phase, especially if they band together--real life definitely rewards players who join groups, though soloing is certainly an option as well. At any rate, through the schooling process, as you engage in various activities, you eventually settle on a career path, and this is when you can start making a good amount of money and really taking matters into your own hands.

There are a few known exploits for making money, but generally the game's financial system is well balanced, complex, and rewarding for those who put forth proportionally more effort. You can use money to acquire new and better clothing, your own custom housing (a tremendous variety of options are available here as well), and new means of transportation ranging from bicycles to automobiles and beyond, and you can even employ other players and some non-player characters to do your bidding. Most notably, certain actions in real life are necessary and yet require a considerable amount of expertise to perform, or are simply boring. Additionally, even if you do have expertise in a field, that doesn't mean you can perform a given task for yourself--in this way, real life encourages and even forces player interaction, so those who prefer to go solo might find themselves in a bind at times. For example, even if your character specializes in dentistry, that doesn't mean you can perform a root-canal operation on yourself. Fortunately, dentistry is one of many lucrative professions in real life, and its practitioners can easily afford to pay for the various required maintenance tasks, freeing up their own free time for more-interesting activities.

One issue with real life is that it gives you very little specific feedback on character advancement. To give a couple of examples, a highly proficient player might receive a sudden pay raise or might become a champion boxer, but there's no clear way to tell exactly how smart or how strong you really are. Cleverly, there are in-game ways of at least getting a sense of these and other key attributes. You may attempt to lift weights to roughly determine how your strength compares with that of other characters. Various tests are available to gauge your overall intellect and expertise and knowledge in a variety of fields, though annoyingly, you need to pay a considerable fee to take some of these--and if you fail, often you aren't allowed to retake the exam for a while, or sometimes at all.

Players can learn to operate a variety of different vehicles, and they can choose from a great variety of professions.

The game's player-run economy and well-balanced career system are extremely well done, but similar to what's found in other games. On the other hand, a particularly innovative aspect of real life is the way it forces you to gain certification to use certain objects. This feels much less contrived than the level caps or class restrictions found in other games (there are no "levels" or "experience points" per se in real life), and it also prevents players who "twink" money from their parents from automatically getting access to all the best facilities and equipment--though it's certainly true that players of good parentage have an inherent and arguably unfair advantage. Nevertheless, it's standard practice to have to qualify for certain professions, to engage in certain activities, to use certain equipment, and so forth. This system is quite modular. For example, even if you've become certified to drive a motorcycle, that doesn't automatically qualify you to drive an automobile.

This example is evidence of some of the amazing depth offered by real life--there are so many different options and viable decisions for a character to make that it's just about impossible for any one character to see everything and visit all the colorful and sometimes dangerous locations. Unlike in other MMORPGs, combat actually isn't a major factor for most players in real life, though players are bound to engage in a few skirmishes early in their lives. Interestingly, though, real life does offer an amazingly intricate combat system, featuring complex hand-to-hand and ranged combat options that a character may learn and even specialize in.

Combat-oriented characters lead exciting but sometimes short lives in real life.

That being the case, you'd think more players would be drawn to combat in real life, and in some territories, they are. However, the PVE (player vs. environment) aspect of real life is relatively unpopular, and the PVP (player vs. player) portion, while interesting, is far too risky for most of the population. That's on account of the game's very strict death penalty and punitive system--you may freely attempt to harm or kill any other player at any time, but you will then likely be heavily punished by the game's player-run authorities. The punitive system has loopholes and other problems, allowing certain players to elude punishment and continue to engage in various player-killing activities. But for the most part, real life does a good enough job of making the punishment fit the crime, as it were, so in most regions there's a relative sense of order.

Player death is a serious issue in real life, and cause for continued debate among players, who often direct unanswerable questions on the subject to the game's developers, who are apparently (and understandably) so busy that they generally keep silent. In short, players who die--at the hands of other players, by the occasional environmental hazard, or when their account expires--are essentially removed from the gameworld and apparently cannot return at all. This further discourages players from engaging in PVP combat, but it does help real life's rapidly growing player population from getting too out of hand (though eventually there will be a need for additional servers).

Player groups can achieve incredible success in ways you wouldn't expect, and that helps keep real life fresh and interesting.

Real life looks incredible, to say the least. To be sure, certain areas appear drab and colorless, even unpleasantly so. But some of the outdoor environments and even some of the player-made urban settings are truly a sight to behold, and various environmental and weather effects only add to the charm. The character models, meanwhile, are as impressive and detailed as they are varied. Some are incredibly striking and beautiful, while others appear hideously ugly--it's great that you can more or less decide for yourself on which side of the spectrum you wish to be. Real life also features some of the most believable ambient effects and footstep sounds to date, and it offers an incredible variety of music for good measure. In one of the game's best touches, players can actually compose, conduct, and perform their own music, and this is viable either for solo players or for groups. Especially skilled musicians go on to become some of the wealthiest and most popular characters around. The music career path is more complex and challenging than you'd expect, and it's another one of real life's really impressive and well-implemented features. One of the coolest experiences in the game is in traveling to different regions and listening to how different the music sounds for that territory. For that matter, architecture and even player languages differ depending on region.

Real life can occasionally feel like a chore. Some players legitimately dislike it, despite having attempted and even excelled at numerous career paths. Others externalize their frustrations by harming other players or, in some cases, even harming themselves. These players do have access to various support forums, and often end up whiling away the time by engaging in various available minigames or other competitive activities. Socializing is always an option, and as with other online RPGs, real life is certainly at its most rewarding when you manage to find and consort with other like-minded companions. At any rate, it's hard to fault the game for lack of content or viable activities, and even when certain players try to subvert the system or harm others, it still makes for some exciting and spontaneous events for other players who happen to be in the area or just hear of the event. Beyond that, real life can indeed be very time-consuming, and some of the less exciting moments, such as when your character is tired or injured, can be annoyingly so.

It's also true that real life is constantly being refined. Some players argue that many of the numerous changes constantly being made are for the worse--for example, players running once-profitable tobacco companies, as well as the players who are addicted to using popular tobacco products, often complain that the tobacco business is being "nerfed" for no good reason. But either way, it's good to know that players are able to actively improve certain features that require finer tuning. This keeps the developers free to focus on bigger issues.

Ultimately, if you take a step back and look at the big picture, you'll see that real life is an impressive and exciting experience, despite its occasional and sometimes noticeable problems. It says a lot for real life that, even with these issues, it's still very highly recommendable. Simply put, those missing out on real life are doing just that.

Bubba wrote:

Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:28 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 10
Level 10

Cash on hand:

Bank:
LOL and yet another

http://www.olganon.org/?q=node/2024#comments

Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:32 pm
Profile E-mail
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
Whether I like it or not, Real Life is the game I spend most of my time playing. It’s a massively-multiplayer-first-person-action/adventure-role-playing-puzzle-sim-game (or MMFPAARPPSG for short), with an emphasis on realism and the mundane. It bears a passing resemblance to The Sims, but is considerably less accessible. Although this type of game probably isn’t for everyone, Real Life is certainly worth a look.

Despite being a clearly a multi-faceted game, the primary focus of Real Life is the daily ‘grind’, which sees you work to level up your finances and XP. This is done through a series of tasks which include ‘jobs’, ‘school’ or ‘university’. While the quest design can become dull (I’m still waiting on the dragon slaying missions), the repetition serves to make the great moments all the more engaging. Breaking up the monotony are genuinely fun sections that include: sunny days at the beach, nights out with friends, new albums by favourite bands, and clever instances when you get to play other games, like Crysis 2 and Mass Effect.

However, the biggest selling point of Real Life is choice. Important decisions you make have consequences, both good and bad, that can last for a very long time. There is no ‘new game’ function and, much like Resident Evil on the 3DS, you cannot erase your save data (on a side note, you are no longer required to sleep at your local inn in order to save anymore – a seriously uninviting prospect in my neighbourhood). You must live with your decisions. Sometimes, this can be quite confronting.

As an example, after playing for 27 years, the fear that I’ve been levelling up wrong, placing attribute points in ineffectual skill trees, has crept upon me. While ‘history degree’ initially seemed like a powerful ability with its ‘+10 dinner party bonus’ and the ability to put enemies into a stupor-like-trance, I’m beginning to doubt that it will help me achieve my ultimate goal of becoming the first man to walk on Mars. Nailing down a focus is a must in this game. Similarly, my ‘slightly above average soccer player’ and ‘Simpsons quote master’ sustained-abilities aren’t the game changer I’d hoped when I invested all those hours unlocking them.

Real Life is also plagued with buggy AI. If you’ve arranged to meet a character at a particular time they’re often inexplicably late. The trains never seem to arrive when they should (this game could do with a fast travel system), and for some reason, the tall NPC’s with bushy hair always gravitate to the front rows at the various concerts and films you can attend, making the beautiful HD graphics pointlessly obscured. With the camera fixed in the first person perspective there is unfortunately no way around this.

The game runs smoothly for the most part. The high frame rate and first person perspective brings the Call of Duty series to mind, though hopefully the comparisons end there. I also can’t see Real Life being anywhere near as popular.

I’m intrigued where this game will take me but I’m also somewhat daunted by the play time. With a campaign potentially stretching 85+ years it’s hard to imagine how the world will look towards the endgame (casual gamers be warned!). The amazing graphics and sound are let down somewhat by the main characters lack of direction, questionable AI and repetitive quest design. These will no doubt be addressed in the yearly updates Activision intend to publish. I give Real Life a 4 out of 5. It’s good, but Mass Effect is better.

(Note: for the review scores, I’ve taken ‘combat’ to mean ‘overly aggressive indoor soccer matches’, of which I’m not a fan)

Bubba wrote:

Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Don't ignore me fuckers! :P I was trying to be all like totally um...... fuck too tired to continue.

like um. wise.

there is much wisdom in my post I even gave some passcodes.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:39 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Dev Team
The good parts about IRL are the quests no one knows about. Like the ones where you walk around with a GPU and look for hidden treasures hinted on a website. Some guy found a shit ton of weed in one.

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!

Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 10
Level 10

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Now if only Real Life wasn't compulsory, it would be so much better.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:24 am
Profile E-mail
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
That's what Halo and porn is for, let's be honest.

Bubba wrote:

Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:55 pm
Profile E-mail
FH Clairvoyant
FH Clairvoyant

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Real Life should have a little bit more user-friendly interface. Besides that - it's the best MMORPG I ever played. Love the realistic touch to things. Leveling system is a bit complicated since there's just so many skills and professions but the storyline and interaction options fully compensate for those few flaws.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:16 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next