I need serious advice here. 
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post Re: I need serious advice here.
joshex wrote:
A/C physics for dummies;

while a solid material like metal holds temperature to a greater capacity than say a fluid, you must remember the return on that statement; it does just what it says, it holds temperature (pity it doesn't hold tempura, then we'd be off to an amazing something) so if it's hot or room temperature to start with it's going to cost you more energy to cool it than it would cost you to cool for example; the air. yes it will have lasting effects, but unless you're going to press it against yourself (given that it is solid) the air flowing off of it will be minuscule causing the conundrum to be: it's cold, now how the fuck do I get the cold off it and to me?

the answer is in the original air conditioner designs, Fluid, fluid is the next best thing to a gas, it hold temperature and takes temperature, the best part is, it's not solid! being not solid the change of air circulating over it transfers the cooling effect directly into the fluid on all levels.

basically, A/C for dummies: if you have a fan, the only thing that's stopping you from having an air-conditioner (at no or a minuscule extra energy cost) is a pipe wide enough to funnel the air through and a thin pipe full of water inside that.

as the air flows through the tube over the water tube it cools the water, as the water gets cooler it transfers this effect to the air, as the air gets cooler the effect multiplies. until you have a freezer.

I'm not making an air conditioner, exactly, just a cold shim.

arch_enemy wrote:
regarding metal, (though this has nothing to do with the current conversation) i saw bronze casting demonstrated today.

HOT
YomToxic wrote:
arch_enemy wrote:
regarding metal, (though this has nothing to do with the current conversation) i saw bronze casting demonstrated today.

HOT. LITERALLY.

What's the difference between bronze and iron casting?

cooki:
arch_enemy wrote:
when casting bronze you use a steel crucible in a propane furnace, and when casting iron/steel you use a crucible made of refractory cement & portland cement, in a coal furnace (although these are relatively modern methods that they wouldn't have used in the old days apart from the coal furnace... they would have used that)

What about bronzing?

Link

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Registered users
hm? i never heard of bronzing before interesting... also... i have a picture of some of the stuff they cast if anyone wants to see it i'll post it

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
It might be supremely fictional. I don't quite trust [adult swim] when it comes to most things, although…

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:57 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
careful, watch your wording; bronzing is what these dirty orange white trash hoes do instead of washing, they apply those chemical bronzing tanning lotions (called: spray-on tan) which pigment their skin to look like starfire from the teen titans.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:38 am
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
I don't know, man, I'd fuck Starfire.

Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:03 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
I would too, but her color is natural. now imagine some dirty unwashed sun-burn wrinkled hoe with too much makeup and a spray on tan that smells of old jiz.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
I would rather imagine Starfire. Hell I would rather imagine being on fire than that mess you explain, eughe.

Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:26 pm
Profile E-mail
ANTI-POPE
ANTI-POPE

Cash on hand:
Group: hanzo ord3r
I woulda cut off the PS2 at 12:49

The very image of a king

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:25 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17