Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Need to restock on Royal Dark Chocolate Shakes 
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Need to restock on Royal Dark Chocolate Shakes
They are delicious, but I seem to be running low on them again and they won't be at a reasonable sale price forever (maybe). These Royal Dark Chocolate protein shakes by Atkins Advantage are the best tasting protein drinks I've had. Most I think are terrible or just bearable, but these I actually enjoy a good bit. There are a few other flavors by them that are pretty good, but not all.

I have a bunch of other protein drinks to get through that are higher in protein but less tasty, and I have these caramel coffee ones I don't really want but... I need to stock up on more Royal Dark before I run out and they get super expensive again.

Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:46 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post Re: Need to restock on Royal Dark Chocolate Shakes
I would try that but I'm not on a ketogenic diet. In fact, I'm possibly on the opposite. I need sugar. Hell, that's kind of why I woke up, I forgot somehow. I drooled so much in my sleep that I'm dehydrated and need to drink. I also need to pick up a few bottles of tequila rose for a party probably next weekend.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:34 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Ok.
Well, from the research I've done and looking at what I could find, I'm inclined to believe that "extremes", well maintained and formulated, are really where it's at for nutrition. Or, rather, the hodgepodge proportions in the Standard American Diet, which is close to what others use in many other countries as well, is pretty much just the worst you can do. There are benefits in many directions from there.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:35 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
That's interesting and seems to converge with concepts such as the paleolithic diets. I'd be interested to see your supplemental research as well as your findings.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:56 am
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Paleo is an intriguing mixed bag. It sounds interesting and hits fairly close to the ketogenic or nutritional ketosis, without necessarily crossing the ketosis lines (which may be a key problem, though some researchers, like Dr. Peter Attia, have suggested that while the benefits are highest in nutritional ketosis, it is not a binary formula and there are degrees of approach that continually show greater and greater benefits. There isn't much research to show one way or the other on that definitively though). But, the criticisms of it are fairly broad, and there are some aspects it ignores. For instance, there are challenges, particularly from some archaeologists, to the claim that paleolithic man predominately ate meat, or the various other things suggested by paleo. There's also the challenge that much of the food we have now, that is promoted by the paleo diets, really is very distant from what was around in paleolithic times (for instance, broccoli technically existed, but wild broccoli is very different from farmed broccoli that has been modified for better edible yield over a long time. Similar with other vegetables), and there are some that say there were even grains eaten at some of the distant points in some areas. They also like to make the argument that there was something like 2 million years of evolution prior to agriculture on which we were primarily carnivorous, and only 10,000 years of agriculture, thus we are better adapted to meat and certain vegetation. However, that doesn't necessarily follow, as 10,000 years, while relatively short in evolutionary terms, COULD have significant enough mutations and adaptations to change matters significantly, and there could have been latent abilities to consume different foods during the 2 million years that just didn't come into play very often (evolution isn't very focused in the sense they'd like you to believe, a species COULD develop all kinds of things that lay dormant for a long time, or that a small section keep for a long time, and that eventually become critical and give great advantages to those with the traits).

That said, they hit on something fairly close to ketogenic. What I like about particularly the nutritional ketosis researchers is while they do look at historical developments and historical diets for some evidence or information, they focus more on relatively recent history, and emphasize current experimental science a whole lot more. For them, in the end it doesn't matter if 5,000 or 50,000 years ago no one ate a ketogenic diet, what's important is the benefits seen from doing so now with an increasing data set, and how the biological processes work to achieve this result, etc.

I've seen the other side, like the Starch diet, and their critiques, but they tend not to be very convincing. The critiques usually don't address anything scientifically, and often don't address the actual diet (which could just be their style), and some of the support is just flat out wrong of shaky. But, I'm not entirely surprised if it does work for some people, and maybe better for some than others. I still think the better health benefits are on the other end for various reasons, including the evidence from high endurance athletes (which is funny, as one of the presentations I saw on the Starch Diet noted that as evidence in their favor, and talked about how all high-endurance runners were carb loading. That was given, however, the year before a particular nutritional ketosis super-marathon runner started winning races and even setting records consistently, and last I heard about half of the highest level endurance runners were now switched to a nutritional ketosis diet. Likewise, the guy that originally promoted carb-loading and very low fat diets for endurance sports more recently switched sides after he couldn't beat his diabetes despite being a 'fit' endurance runner, eating very low fat. He now promotes a ketogenic diet.)

There's a lot of information out there now easy enough to get to. Dr. Phinney I think has some of the best research and explanations directly related to nutritional ketosis, along with his academic partner Dr. Volek. Dr. Eric Westman is nice for a clinical research standpoint, and he likes to point out often too that he believes there are multiple paths to a good diet or good health, ketogenic is just what he sees as most practical for various reasons. Dr. Attia is pretty interesting though he deals with a wider variety of topics usually, and often is dealing with experiments only done on himself, or himself and maybe a couple others, when talking about ketogenic diets in particular, but still interesting. Many others of course as well.

The biggest conclusion I've come to over all this is we have a lot of bad information out there, and the government recommended American Diet is probably the worst of all worlds, other than what many people actually eat while falling short of that but thinking it a good idea (that as a guide, but throw in extra junk food and soda). Sugar, in the form of Fructose and Sucrose, is probably one of the worst things to get in even slightly high amounts for most people, but there are probably some that can handle it without significant negative effects or that get some benefit from it. That was one aspect about a ketogenic diet that initially appealed to me, after I was convinced saturated fat was not really the evil it was made out to be, it just seemed a pretty easy way for me personally to cut out sugar and still enjoy my food, regardless of whether the other benefits were due to the design of the diet itself, or simply due to removing sugar.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:12 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Should I....? Yeah, I'm bored af.....

I'm back.... as a zombie lol

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode