Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Been seeing a lot of bad arguments online lately 
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Been seeing a lot of bad arguments online lately
And I'm just like, what the hell?

Particularly, I've seen a lot of terrible ones related to the Redskins name and whether it should be changed, and I see the bad arguments on both sides. People don't know how to put together a coherent and persuasive idea anymore it seems.

But one thing that got me in particular was this one person going through saying how would we treat the Chicago [insert worst name you can think of for black people], or Detroit [insert worst name you can think of for mexicans], etc.

If Redskins is the worst name you can think of for Native Americans, then you've probably never heard a derogatory term for Native Americans outside of this particular controversy. On the one hand, that speaks perhaps to the decency of your environment or lack of contact with Native Americans, on the other hand, that speaks to the lack of having read important books or historical documents. The rest of the debate aside, it's silly to think Redskins is the worst name possible for a Native American, even if you do think it's derogatory.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:46 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post Re: Been seeing a lot of bad arguments online lately
viewtopic.php?p=235655#p235655

I think I make pretty good arguments.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:00 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
n0th1n wrote:
And I'm just like, what the hell?

Particularly, I've seen a lot of terrible ones related to the Redskins name and whether it should be changed, and I see the bad arguments on both sides. People don't know how to put together a coherent and persuasive idea anymore it seems.

But one thing that got me in particular was this one person going through saying how would we treat the Chicago [insert worst name you can think of for black people], or Detroit [insert worst name you can think of for mexicans], etc.

If Redskins is the worst name you can think of for Native Americans, then you've probably never heard a derogatory term for Native Americans outside of this particular controversy. On the one hand, that speaks perhaps to the decency of your environment or lack of contact with Native Americans, on the other hand, that speaks to the lack of having read important books or historical documents. The rest of the debate aside, it's silly to think Redskins is the worst name possible for a Native American, even if you do think it's derogatory.

you can thank liberalism for that, they have used mass grouping of followers to rethink meanings and logic into something inexplicably unintended and stupid when compared to the meanings of the words as proposed by the creators of the language.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:06 am
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
fluffy wrote:
http://www.forkheads.net/viewtopic.php?p=235655#p235655

I think I make pretty good arguments.

Well, PKB is able to make decent ones anyway.

Quote:
you can thank liberalism for that, they have used mass grouping of followers to rethink meanings and logic into something inexplicably unintended and stupid when compared to the meanings of the words as proposed by the creators of the language.

I understand that much, but I just don't see how you can say a thing that is arguably bad is 'the worst word you can think of', when there are clearly worse. I understand the argument can be that it doesn't have to be the worst to be removed, but it's simply not the worst and they are saying it is actually the worst possible name for a group. I mean, come on!

Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:11 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
Wait, don't tell me you're still hung up on racism? I thought we, the entire internet collectively, were done with that bullshit years ago. Nigger has lost all power, I don't even know anything half as taboo as nigger so yeah, racism is bullshit that's imaginary at this point. Why are we suffering this topic?

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:39 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]