Reply to topic  [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 39  Next
 Chronicles of Jungalore: Rise of Dragons 
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
Post Re: Chronicles of Jungalore Main RP Thread
The sun was almost done setting when they climbed past one last dune and finally arrived at the seaside of their objective.

The large inland sea surrounding Ogre Mountain now glowed an ethereal blue as the vast swarms of jellyfish swam north by northeast. Electrical arcs shot across the water as the hundreds of thousands of jellyfish rushed through the narrow inlet, crowding out the sea with their bodies - the occasional melee causing bits and pieces of the creatures to break off.

It was this shoreline that the party headed. One particular V-shaped shore, where a dune had smashed into the sea, was a treasure-trove of the bioluminescent debris, tentacles and even smaller nymphs who had run afoul of the larger ones had washed ashore thanks to the waves.

"Allright, I'll be collecting these samples." Natsuki said, as she carefully got out some tongs from her satchel. "If anyone comes this way, knock'em out."

Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:25 am
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Alius was looking up at the sky, his head still bobbing with the waves. He had forgotten how long he had been out here, shocked by the endless stream of jellyfish. Alius sighed as a couple jellyfish shock him at once. His mouth opens and he screams. Louder than ever before. Mainly because of the pain and the boredom.

The thing about torture, is that it's better to mix it up once in a while. Alius was bored and he hated that. His ears twitch. The pain was stale. He looked towards the coastline again and thought he saw some figures in the far distance. "....might as well try nyan....HELP!!!" He screamed again. He thought he might be going insane....not that he wasn't already. He had no other option at this point. His equipment was at the shore as well. He hoped they wouldn't steal it, if that happened he would probably drown himself to save himself from his worst enemy. Boredom.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
It was hard work collecting the samples. The broken tentacles and nymphs twitched and squirmed as they used tongs to pick them up one by one in glass vials packed in cotton. Several times, Yemhelch was stung by a surprisingly agile nymph leaping out of the way of the tongs. By the time they had finished with the beach, he had several pinpricks around his arms to show for his work.

He looked over to Mikkael, who was deftly plucking the creatures from the water and placing them into a larger jar. "Lucky..." he thought to himself as he wished he had some degree of protection from the stinging creatures. With several vials and jars full, they were preparing for a quick visit to Selk when Philena came running in from the northeastern defensive watch she was placed in.

"Help! I think there's someone over there in the sea" Philena shouted, breath running out before recovering "...and he was screaming!"

"You think?" Yemhelch was surprised at this information. "Didn't think anyone'd go out swimming at this sort of time... allright, let's see what this is all about..."

4 pcs.

Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:03 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Arcade Corps
((Did a lot of work on updates. Should be out sometime after I play FHRPG tomorrow... Hopefully...))

Mikkael rushed over with the rest of the crew and scanned along the horizon. He lifted the visor revealing his orange-gold eyes and noticed some form of struggling, hearing the calls for help. He turned to Philena and she nodded.
"We have to help him!" Mikkael exclaimed, dropping his bags. The two Meridians dove into the waters and gracefully swam through the sea of jellyfish, avoiding the stings at all costs...

Need: 51+

Philena, nearly risking stings, made it through, and Mikkael himself made it through with ease. They reached for the Nekor struggling in the waters as they were suddenly attacked by...

NEW ENEMY TYPE DISCOVERED! JELLYKING! +1 Quest to all nearby characters!

-Mikkael switches to Lite Mode for this battle.-

Philena and Mikkael swim as fast as they can through the waters as the large jellyfish makes its way to them. It floats atop the surface of the water, preparing an attack just as they make it to the sandy coastline. Mikkael dodges with the Nekor in his arms and then lays him down some ways away before regrouping with his three comrades.

"Damnit, always a bigger fish... Nonetheless, we can do this!" He cheers, putting down his visor and pulling out his buster sword. "Now! Have at you!"

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
The dull hum of electricity in the air was the first sign that something had gone terribly wrong. Then, something moved in the water... one tentacle snapping into the air with a peal of thunder. Mikkael, had - in a feat of almost superhuman strength, dragged the man from the water, an anvil shackled to the... Nekor's leg in tow.

The creature that emerged from the water made the blood drain from her face. A gigantic beast, the visible part protruding from the water standing quite as tall as the behemoth in the woods, its rotund, jelly-like body arcing with electricity emerged from the water. Another crack of a spark, letting loose a nearly deafening roar of thunder. From the corner of her eye, she spotted 4 bandits, who had come to attack the party... now they were wisely running away. One had a clear, yellowish stain on his loincloth.

"At least we wont have bandits in the way..." she gritted her teeth as she grabbed her spell foci and staff - only to barely dodge a bolt of lightning it threw with a gesture of an over-sized tentacle. It was at this point that she realized that attacking the thing with a metal weapon was a bad idea...

"MIKKAEL!" she shouted.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:40 pm
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
((Files have been updated again! Get it HERE!

This update comes with the NPC maker files. All the old NPCs have been refitted to use the new system, and you can now add your own files to make your very own NPCs! This is the main focus of this update.

The Jungalore World Bank has also opened! Meaning that you can now market and store Legens. Why store Legens? Because there is now an actual penalty for dying... LOSING 90% OF YOUR LEGENS ON HAND! So don't die, or store the majority of them and maybe keep some on hand. No bank cards exist here. That said, you can now purchase houses here, put items on the market here, and even grab guild licensing. Can't have guild wars without guilds!

Other things included is the availability of swords to a lot of Scout classes. Cuz hey, swords are nice weapons that should be available. Thanks to Appren for this suggestion. This means that as a Scout, you start with a somewhat broad selection of weapons and later move on to specialize. I also gave the Druids and Prophets maces, but didn't feel like including that in the log.

That's all for now, will post soon!))

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Alius laid down on the beach for a second, looking up at the sky. As he heard the sound of the water splashing he sat up and saw the Jellyking emerge from the depths. He was tired and wanted to sleep, but he knew he couldn't. He did owe these people after all. He also had something to kill right in front of him. This thought went through his head like a lightning bolt as he sprung to action.

He quickly untied the rope around his leg and sprinted towards where he saw his equipment on the shoreline. One of the tentacles threw a lightning bolt at his directs, but Alius jumped over it in a very casual manner. When he reached his equipment he quickly put on his armor in one swift motion and drew his bastard sword.

The Nekor had a huge smile on his face as he began to run towards the end of the beach, close to the Jellyking. One of the tentacles lashed out at him, just as planned, Alius casually sidesteps and brings down his bastard sword down onto the appendage. The steel connects with it's target and a shock goes through his body, but Alius stood his ground and cut clean through the entire tentacle. Alius quickly backs up quite a bit away as his arms began to shake from the shock. He turned to the strangers around him. "Nyaaaan....This might seem obvious but try to avoid getting shocked. It's much worse than the other jellyfish which have been shocking me for the past day or so." He was kind of annoyed at his arms, but he kept on a grin. This was fun and interesting.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
The Jellyking, writhing in pain, makes an attempt to strike at the Nekor withe another tentacle. Mikkael, without thinking, rushes over to block the attack. However, the high current of electricity begins to fry him as the tentacle makes contact with his blade.

"Nggghhh... AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHH!!!"

Philena screams out as the scent of frying fish fills the air, "Mikkael! Get out of there!"

In a swift motion though, the buster sword slices through the offending tentacle and flies off to the side, arcs of electricity still clinging to it, as his sword appeared differently in the hot sun. Frozen with dripping water particles.

"I-I see! Pure water! It's a perfect insulator!"

Mikkael fell to the ground, energy still latching to his body and armor, and felt as though such a simple creature should not have such power over him...

"Wear me..."

A voice rushed through his mind like the lightning which had just shot through his body. Was it...?

CLANG!

The Jellyking struke at Mikkael's blade, electricity shining off the icy surface. He had to make some sort of decision, and quickly! It was clear that the sea beast was making an attempt to snap the blade in two. He could not allow such and retreated backwards, pulling out his rapier and shield and casting the same spell upon them.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
The massive creature had two tentacles out of what seemed more than a hundred lopped off. It didn't seem to slow it down, but now it was clearly angry. With a sickening slurp, it crawled closer to the shore, intent on making Southern Fried Catfish out of Mikkael and the man whom they had rescued just now.

With each heave as it pulled itself closer, more of the creature revealed itself. He had guessed right... this thing was huge! Clambering atop a dune nearby, he spotted a strange, heart-like organ pulsing in one of the creature's translucent nodes. Electricity flowed from it... this must be some sort of muscle, similar to how electric eels generate electricity.

He had one shot.

Pulling out his bow and quickly nocking an arrow, he took aim at the writhing, twisting bit floating in the frenzied electrical storm before him and fired it off.

A grazing hit, but a hit, regardless. Piercing the jelly-like flesh, the hard arrowhead tore the bobbing muscle open, a clear oily fluid leaking from the gash. With the organ now hanging limply from its torn ligaments, the deafening hum in the air stopped as the electrical arcs dancing over its skin subsided somewhat.

A horrifying screech rent the air as the Jellyking surged forward!

"I figure Mikkael's people must know what these things are... if he was able to identify this thing with just a glance..." Yemhelch sighed as he racked his memories from the library for any insight into this beast and finding none. "I really should ask him about this... if we walk away alive."

4 pcs.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:30 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Yemhelch had clearly hit a vital spot, the way the electrical arcs jumping across its skin subsided. Natsuki had no time to ponder on this however, as the creature's many tentacles flailed onto the surface.

This thing was huge, and at this point, it was looking more like a beached whale than a jellyfish. Regardless, the similarities were there, and she could exploit this weakness.

Grasping her Spell Foci and her staff, she fired off the focused Airshot into a mass of tentacles that were meandering in her general direction. Again, she muttered about how she should have researched other offensive spells. This creature looked particularly vulnerable to piercing damage and counterspells, no doubt because of its immense energy usage...

The ball of air hit the mass of tentacles head on, the immense air pressure breaching the membrane of the tentacles and turning them inside out - the vicious, probing and obscene tips deflating into harmless wriggling bits and pieces as they exploded from the massive pressure differences. Hooray for osmosis!

She withdrew again as she prepared another focused shot, not one to be suckered by a fallen enemy. She shuddered to think what would happen if those coiling tentacles got a good grip on her... judging by the smell of burning meat still hanging in the air, she would do much, much worse.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:33 am
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Alius eyes widen as Mikkael blocked the attack and screamed. He wasn't concerned for his health, but was surprised by his scream. He shrugged afterwards and stabbed his sword into the sand before taking out his Main Gauche. "So I know this might be a bad time but, what are your names? I'm Alius Miekona, your local fun loving and insane Nekor. Nyaaan~" His casual tone was very unnerving given the life threatening situation. The Nekor then dashed towards the Jellyking again. But after witnessing Yemhelch's arrow shot, had decided to follow his example.

The Jellyking let out a screech of frustration as it whips its tentacles at the Nekor. Alius avoids the attacks as he continues to get closer to the relative of his unintentional torturers until he got close enough within what Alius would guess was a good throwing distance. He then held the Main Gauche by the tip of the blade and threw it at the Jellyking's electrical organ. It missed the organ and hit a random unspecified organ instead.
"Tch...." Alius jumped back as another tentacle was swung at him. He decided to not grab the Main Gauche as it probably had electricity running through it. Alius signed as he ran back towards his bastard sword, annoyed at his failure.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Mikkael shakes off the electricity still coursing through his body and quickly responds, "Call me Mikkael. Here, this should help deflect the shocks." He casts magic weapon upon the Bastard Sword as it becomes a sandy blade... Earth elemental! Mikkael helps organize the attack.
"Yemhelch! Aim a couple degrees lower for the heart of the beast! Natsuki, continue what you're doing to deflect the tentacles and rip through the membranes. Alius and I can tank this guy directly. Philena, do as we studied!"

Philena focuses her mind and summons two scorpions to the party's side. They were set and the scorpions made a quick go at the giant sea beast. One was squashed beneath one of the few remaining tentacles, and the other used its stinger and pincers on said tentacle.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
With the melee battle rejoined again, the creature appeared distracted - giving Yemhelch another shot. "Aim for the heart", the Meridian had said. As it edged towards the attackers, he spotted a bluish-black orb, also pulsating with energy as it throbbed with the creature's vital fluids.

Perhaps this was it?

Nocking another bow, he took careful aim - and his thoughts suddenly switched off.

Every sense he had vanished. Feedback, sight, balance - all blanked out.

Then, he heard the voices... speaking in a language he had never heard of before - yet he instinctively knew what they were saying... just not what they meant.

"Focus lensing to 0.00004 NNW. Balancer load is green+."

"Guidance system calibrating to compensate for planetary rotation..."

"Uplink stable, no problems detected."

"Ready."

His eyes snapped open, and he released the arrow.

It flew straight and true... striking the orb dead-on. However, the simple iron head fired from a simple bow wasn't strong enough to pierce clean through. Still, the arrow did some damage, enough to poke a good hole in the organ. Brackish fluid began to congeal around the wound as it stopped... and the maelstrom of lightning arcs dancing across its skin stopped completely as the creature howled in pain - clearly unable to focus hard enough to keep that barrier of lightning flowing anymore.

However, his pot-shots had gained its attention. With a roar of rage, it fished around the water - picking up a giant wad of jellyfish and threw it straight at him!

He had no choice but to jump! Narrowly avoiding the spirit-bomb like attack, he rolled down the dune and into the fray, stopping a ways from the battle. During his fall, he had lost his bow somewhere, and with the Jellyking's "power source" cut up, darkness fell the battlefield as the bright glow of the monster faded into a dull luminescence.

4 pcs.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:31 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Meanwhile...

"The evidence is undeniable, it could've only been her." A female voice states.

"But are we to seriously consider murder, nyan? I mean... We all know Hiroko wouldn't do such a thing."

"Hiroko has been training for months and has sought the position of Daimyo. It only makes sense given the victim."

A blanket is lifted up.

"... Even so, there is evidence that suggests many a thing, you knyow, it could be a big fraud..."

"Well, I'm sure that you'll be able to provide a good defense. Things aren't dealt with the same here as in Cyndar or your hometown, you know..." The woman places a hand on the other's shoulder, "Kazeko, I am the Jiu Duan in charge of all my students in Vel Da Ir, and I am in charge of ensuring we remain peaceful... If you're not careful, denying this could incriminate you as well."

"Nya, I am well aware..." The master Jounin places the blanket over the dead body again, the body of one Daimyo...

"Master Reizei... What can I do now?"

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
A lucky hit from Yemhelch with his bow must've hit somewhere vital if the creature's surging electrical storm subsided. Even the attacking tentacles recoiled from what looked like pain, leaving its distended, broken fellows flopping in the sand as the creature's attacks grew less and less aggressive. She knew the tricks of these beasts - feint and grab being chief amonsgt them. As she backed to the dune, her leg bumped into a prone figure sitting by the sandy hillock.

"Ididntseethatididntseethatididntseethatididntseethatididntseethat..." the woman wearing a simple leather breastplate and a cloth loincloth simply sat there muttering feverishly, dagger long abandoned and hugging her knees to her chest.

Natsuki smiled to herself as she remembered her first time in combat, and left her be, for she had bigger fish to fry (pardon the pun). Who knows, maybe the bandit girl would consider a more wholesome career if she lived through this night.

The massive creature shuddered again under the repeated blows of her mercenaries, and finally - its survival instincts overriding what appeared to be its hunger, the monstrous creature began to slide away from the beach, letting the waves propel it further out to see.

Bits and pieces of the massive creature littered the beach, marking it's retreat. The transparent, oily blood, gobs of its flesh and still squirming and slowly dying tentacles lay on the cold moonlight as the disturbing hum in the air subsided as the massive beast dived into the deep blue sea.

For a moment, the party stood still, taking a few steps back to anticipate the creature's massive counterattack... but none came.

Loot:
Jelly oil x30
Gobs of jelly flesh x20
Squirming stingers: x20
Stingers x10
Transparent fluid x10
Barbed stingers: x20

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 39  Next