Reply to topic  [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 39  Next
 Chronicles of Jungalore: Rise of Dragons 
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
Post Re: Chronicles of Jungalore Main RP Thread
Moving her plate a little to avoid any debris from Philena and Yemhelch's impromptu eating contest, she rolled her eyes at them. "Boys..." she sighed at Yemhelch in particular under her breath.

-

"About the 'goods' (she lowered her voice), there's no need to worry - now that we're done collecting these, we can travel by carriage for a quick delivery." Natsuki replied. "...Speaking of goods, Yemhelch... remember that strange, unusual jelly creature we fought? I think the Guild would love to have a sample of it for further study. Do you think you could part with one of each sample you gathered? Of course, it's a scholarly endeavor, so I will pay you..."

She gets out a sheaf of fresh-pressed papers with several sketches of the gigantic beast, along with some post-battlefield observations and shows them around. "While the Magus guild has long been a unified group for the study of magic, we also wish to learn more of the world, that is why such samples from previously unknown creatures are of such importance to our scholars."

Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:47 am
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Arcade Corps
((PHEW! Finally updated to version 25. Grab it here!

We have new NPCs, new skills, and I've implemented Percy, the first NPC made using our NPC maker system. I've also gone ahead and made character creation a bit more immersified.

I'm going to see about adding in more maps in the next update for each individual town. See you all then!))

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
"Ha, you're the pomegranate!" Philena cheered, downing the last serving - Yemhelch was almost done with the last plate too; only lagging behind by two, three mouthfuls at worst. He slumped into the table as he raised his hands in defeat.

"Fine, you win..." he sighed, and then shot a wry smile at his opponent. "FOR NOW..."

-

His ears perked up at the mention of an onsen in Vel Da Ir, almost instantaneously forgetting his ignominious defeat at the hands of the meridian girl just now. "Really? I'd love to visit an ons- uh, I'd love to go. I've never seen anything like it before."

He yawned. "... maybe tomorrow morning. You think carriages run then?. Until then, we'd better find an inn to spend the night in..."

-

The crew exited the Silver Talon. Natsuki had promised to pick up the tab - so he waited until she was done. As she returned, he spoke with her about the deal she had in mind.

"Well, I'm not sure I can get a good deal from the scrapbrokers around here." Yemhelch nodded as Natsuki explained the situation. "Allright, I'll pack the extra loot I got for ya and you can pay me once they're back at the Magus Guild's lab. That good with you?"

4 pcs.

Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:36 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
The group would be staying at an inn for the night. While they went to their rooms, Natsuki remained back in the lobby of the inn, waiting for her contact.

She waited a while, in the end ordering a drink to keep her awake when she spotted the Paladin walk into the room. Even without the Magus House coat-of-arms emblazoned on his solid steel chestplate and shield, she'd recognize Paladin Khal'shaar from anywhere. He likewise recognized her and walked over.

"Lady Natsuki, good to meet you again." he spoke in a highlander accent, as he pulled back his visor from his helmet to reveal a rugged, smiling face.

"It is good to see you as well, Brother Khal'shaar." Natsuki replied with a soft bow. "How are things?"

"Dire".

-

Natsuki had learned that the strange area south of Frenga farms continued to manifest in sinister ways. Already, there were rumors of those who had wandered too deep and suffered paranoia, hallucinations and constant headaches as long as they remained in the area.

No word from the search party in Cyndar had come regarding the 'wraith', except for an odd young warrior defeating several monsters in the sewers and profaned the Holy God. Perhaps this was the 'demon' they had sought? Already, a group of assassins and magus guild seers were closely tailing him to investigate.

Better than having no leads, Natsuki conceded.

"So, Brother Khal'shaar... what brings you around these parts?" she finally asked.

"Due to the severity of the situation in Frenga Farms, the Cyndar Knights and the Magus Guild have agreed to work more closely together. I requested that I be assigned to you, in completing your quest. Delivering those samples across open road will be extremely dangerous, especially because more patrols have been recalled to help with the evacuation of the south of Frenga Farms..."

"I mean no disrespect, Brother Khal'shaar - but one man can only go so far - and I'd... rather not see you harmed."

"Of course. That's why I put my own party together."

"Oh?"

Natsuki followed him outside. There, on a traveling carriage sat two Magic Knights, and in the back, a Bounty Hunter with a long rifle.

Up front sat a Druid, her ensorceled hands guiding a pair of magic-enhanced stallions that looked like they could run the breadth of the world, trampling anyone stupid enough to stand in the way under their shimmering hooves.

Adding Paladin Khal'shaar, it was a significant fighting force that could rend asunder any bandit force she had seen so far, and then some.

"Someone's battle ready..." she smirked as she admired the travel settings, and the luxurious chair in the heart of the carriage. "Just one thing..."

"And that is?"

"I haven't paid the mercenaries I hired to come along for this trip, and they have earned their fair share. I must ask them to join me on the trip back."

"You're a genre-savvy one, Lady Natsuki."

Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:27 pm
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Mikkael decided to share a room with Philena that night. Though Mikkael was quiet again, as he was still trying to think of how he'd tell Philena about the incident with the man in the grey cloak, the one who called himself the first heretic. For all he knew, that man was just a faker, yet... He had extraordinary power, and that bident... He had never seen anything like it.

Philena was sorting through her own items at the time, humming a tune of some sort, when Mikkael finally blurted out, "I got rid of the gauntlets."

The female meridian stopped and turned to him immediately, "W-What!? Mikkael, that was an important artifact!"

"I know..." Mikkael uttered, pacing back and forth in the room. "I had to, though."

"But why? I mean... You looked like you had the whole world on your shoulders coming back to the table, just what is it?"

Mikkael took a deep breath and then sat on his bed across from Philena's...

"Ever since I came into contact with those gauntlets, they've been... Speaking to me. Over and over, they kept speaking to me, although I tried to hide it as much as possible. Those things are not for our kind to handle, and they possess some sort of power... Some wicked power."

"Well... To be honest, I thought they were telling me things as well, and as you know I cannot use magic, but somehow, the words, they helped me..."

"I see... So that's how you were able to do it." Mikkael smiled for a moment before looking at her, "What happened when I left was that I saw the guy from Arcane Well."

"You mean the man in the long coat?"

"Yeah... I gave chase and then he told me more about those gauntlets... I gave them to him, because he told me something terrible regarding our future."

"What was it?"

Mikkael went silent at this question. Should he tell her, he knew that she wouldn't believe him, and yet, he wanted to be perfectly honest with her.

"He said that I would end up wearing them, and losing my sanity."

Philena was silent, she gave it some thought for a moment and nodded, "Well, I suppose it would be possible, but... Did you figure out anything else about that guy?"

"Yes, well, I tried, but he merely told me that I would learn more in the future, and that we should just stick around with our group for the time being."

Philena and Mikkael went quiet for some time, before she finally responded, "You know, Mikkael Altans, I do not like the sound of this one bit. I mean, it sounds like you're getting us into something we shouldn't get our hands in."

"Trust me, it's for the best, and besides... we're already too far in."

Silence.

It had to be midnight by now, and he could not sleep. Images of the man continued to flash before his eyes, and his imagination continued to show images of the future he may have prevented. His yellow eyes stared at the ceiling, as moonlight poured into the room. He looked over to Philena, who was looking at him from her own bed. The male meridian cleared his throat quietly, as she worriedly gazed at him under the white linens.

"You're not tired either, huh?" He blurted out.

"Mikkael... Are you really okay? I just don't want you to do something stupid."

"... Yeah." Mikkael voiced before thinking to himself, "I just don't want you to be killed, especially by my hands."

"No, you're not."

"I am. Everything will be okay, Philena."

"You don't always have to be so tough, you know."

Mikkael looked to her again, and he felt his heart tug at him. She was not just the potential queen of his people, should Queen Meridia die, but Philena was a special individual to him. In what way, he wasn't sure, but he didn't want to see her die. He could not see her die.

"I will not let you die." He continued thinking. Yet, he could not make the words come out of his mouth. Yet he wanted to tell her so many things, but, no matter what, he felt like he was unable to keep such promises for the future.

The meridian girl closed her blue eyes and quietly uttered his name once more. Instead of feeling more secure about the future by giving away the gauntlets, it seemed as if it only made it all the more uncertain. All things could end suddenly, one faux pas and that life would be extinguished, and not a soul would be found in the afterlife were he to die as well. Only "what ifs" came to mind as he looked at his study partner, and those soon turned to "whats" as he questioned just what sort of experiment the Vex Vinas mages were attempting with her.

"All I want is to be relied upon by you." Mikkael thought, "I just want you to see me as your pillar of strength, as your..."

He shook his head.

"Philena."

The girl opened her eyes again.

"I just... Never mind."

She got up and moved to his bed, joining him under the covers and holding him close.

"You just want to stay like this, right?"

Mikkael relaxed into her arms and stroked her back, "... Yeah..."

"You're really more tender than you let on, you knowShe smiled and held him closer, "... and, that's okay."

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
((Mikkael is now playing in FF Mode.))

Awakening at the morning light and the breeze of the sea coming through his window, Mikkael looked down at the meridian girl in his arms, and gave her a light shake. The girl opened her eyes slowly and smiled, gazing up at the male meridian.

"Good morning."

Mikkael did a double check of the inventory, given that Selk was notorious for its piracy and its banditry, and gave a sigh of relief that everything was accounted for. He was counting under the assumption that anyone who saw him with the massive blade knew full well that they'd be cut in twine for crossing him, and was relieved to see the smile of Philena as she ate at her breakfast.

Given that not everyone was up yet, Mikkael spoke with the bartender for a moment.

"So, how's the word, barkeep?"

"The word be dark."

"Dark? What makes you say that?"

"A kidnapping and a murder makes me say that, meridian." The man put down the tankard he was cleaning and indulged in the conversation a bit more, "What do ya wish to know?"

"Tell me about the murder first." Mikkael requested, resting his elbows on the counter.

"Word is that the leader of the daimyo was murdered over in Vel Da Ir. Apparently by her own apprentice." The man said in a hushed tone. "We think that perhaps it was the local Velian bandits that did so, framing the girl in the act, after all, it seems pirates are only good at assassin work these days, not like with the previous leader who plundered treasures from afar."

"What was the victim's name, if I may ask?"

"You don't know her?" The bartender asked with some astonishment, "Her name was Reizei Cynric'dair, as I said, she was the Master Daimyo."

Mikkael flinched at the name, he remembered the racist girl from his days as a mere soldier coming to Cyndar for the first time in his life. While he remembered Shade calling him "fishy" in a flirtatious manner, Reizei called him a "monster" and had to keep calm around her. Were it not for Paladin Gawayne, things may have gotten ugly. To think though, that the same girl would be murdered. Was it another person she upset? Too many questions, but due to their scheduled departure for Vel Da Ir, the hot spring idea may be spoiled at the mention of the murder.

"I... I see... Well, what about the kidnapping?"

--------------------------------------------------

Darkness.

Eiryk awoke to the freezing cold of the eternal winter. He was surrounded by cloth. A bag? It was wet under his left side which he lay upon, and he shuddered at the feeling of snow underneath. It seemed that his worst realization had come to pass.

They had caught up with him.

Suddenly he felt his entire body picked up and thrown against some rocks, and his head made a cracking sound at the impact. Someone began opening the bag, and there he made out in his daze three figures. Black robes covered each of them, and all had blackened tomes at their sides.

"Well, Mr. Advento, it appears we have finally caught up with you..."

"So what do we do now?" One asked the central figure.

"What we do now is continue our experiments. After all, he did sign a contract."

"Yes, indeed."

"We must perfect the art of soul removal. An appropriate body will be necessary for the revival of our dear goddess, and Mr. Advento here was compliant up until he realized what he was getting into." The man began to chuckle at this comment. "Of course, they all are."

"Eiryk! Wake up! You had signed a contract to assist in our magical experiments! Just because you seek Lumbra now does not mean you are no longer bound to Umbraria!"

"... How about you piss off?" Eiryk managed to voice before being kicked in the stomach.

"Feh! Your insolence is uninvited from the proceedure."

The men began to form a circle around Eiryk, who was bound by the hands and struggling to move. He had seen such a circle at one time in his life, and that was when...

"So you agree to join in the experiment? This is something we would like you to really consider carefully..."

"Yes. I need the money. My family needs the money!"

"Well, in that case, please sign here."

"Right... So, what happens now?"

"Now, it's lights out."

"Ngh! Wha-!?"

"Mr. Advento, thank you kindly for participating in this ritual. You have offered your soul to be used as an experiment towards the reincarnation of Lady Umbraria, our Queen of Darkness."

"D-Damnit! No! I-I didn't want this!"

"Oh? Then why did you accept the agreement? After all, you wished to join in the experimentation of new will applications, did you not?"

"Fuck you! I wanted to do so, but not as the damn test subject!"

"Heh... Well, we can save that chatter for when we remove your soul..."

"W-Wha!?"

"It has been three days and the subject's soul still remains?"

"Indeed, as you can see, he has been starved and brought to a state of dehydration, and yet, here his soul still lies within his body."

"Well..."

"Everyone, everyone! Evacuate the premises imediately! The paladins are coming! Grab the papers and the subjects too! We need to get back to Dreamer's Hill!"

"Release subject twenty two."

Eiryk casts fire at the floor around him!

"... Gah! F-Fire! FIRE!"

"Stop him! He's getting away!"

"I... I need to... Get out..."

You are lost within a burning research premises, do you have what it takes to find you way out on your own? (Escape Chance: 10%)

You ran into an enemy!

FIGHT: Rat
((Eiryk's Stats are currently that of a level zero scholar.))
>Auto Battle
Eiryk has won!
Life: 100
Will: 150

Escape Chance: 20%

You ran into an enemy!

FIGHT: Aqua Morpho x3
>Auto Battle
Eiryk has won!
Life: 80
Will: 50

"Damnit! How many of us does it take to capture just one starved scholar!?"

"Fuck! Fuck!"

Escape Chance: 30%

You ran into an enemy!

FIGHT: Aqua Morpho x2
>Auto Battle
Eiryk has won!
Life: 20
Will: 0

Eiryk has found the exit!

"Subject twenty two!"

"..."

"If you leave, you will forever be cursed by the name of Umbraria! We will always be after you!"

"..."

"... And you can say goodbye to that family of yours!"

"Hurry! I found another!"

"Get this man some water, now!"

"Are you alright? No, never you mind, speak not at this time. We will take care of you."

"Wait, is that-!?"

"Oh by Lumbra..."

"A mark."

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Natsuki woke up, bleary from the roughshod ride to Cyndar and back in the span of a night. Those magicked horses could really speed ahead! They had stopped only twice, one to let the Bounty Hunter resight his gigantic rifle, the other to scrape off the remnants of a bandit group that had stupidly charge into the fray from below the hooves of the magically enhanced horses.

As Paladin Khal'shaar had said, the Magus guild had tripled the bonus on her discovery due to the large amounts of raw samples she had brought in. Then, with several large bags of Legens in tow, they had sped back to Selk, this time stopping to blast a hole in a bandit leader's head with the powerful rifle. His underlings had wisely chosen to turn around and go before the Bounty Hunter could take another shot.

Too bad they were in such a rush. One of the attackers did have a lovely jeweled gauntlet on her. Not stopping to collect any loot, they finally arrived at Selk just before dawn. Paladin Khal'shaar and his friends followed Natsuki closely as she returned to the inn where her group was staying. Good, it looked like they hadn't seen her depart... good, now she could start by paying off the mercenaries. She would speak to Mikkael first...

Or, rather, after he had woken up. She returned to her room to grab some precious sleep.

Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:39 am
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Eiryk, remembering the incident of his capture decided to fight against the ritual now taking place. At a much higher level of mental strength than he was during the first incident, the necromancers had a difficult time with the removal of Eiryk's soul. As if latched onto him, he merely needed a through to block out the tearing of his mental strength.

"Damn, this kid is much stronger than before... No matter!"

"ZI DINGIR NNGI E NE KANPA!" The central necromancer chanted, as black lightning struck around the circle. Though the young scholar was still steadfast against the attacks.

"ZI DINGIR NINGI E NE KANPA!" The chanting continued. Yet the scholar was still far too strong for the incantations.

"LILLIK IM LINU USH KIRI!" The chanting continued as black smoke surrounded the necromancers.

"Bah! Useless!" The necromancer cast down his grimoire as the pages turned frantically, and all ofa sudden, with a swift motion of his hand, the other two collapsed into piles of refuse and ash, sacrificed before the eyes of Eiryk who could do nothing but hold back the power of darkness.

"Damn you, I am not your DAMNED... TOY!"

As Eiryk's will coursed through his veins, a physical breaking of the circle had occurred, like glass the magic circle impaled Eiryk's malefactor, and he bared his left hand for the first time. There marked in shining black ink was the mark of Umbraria.

"Servant of Umbraria, you shall not corrupt me!"

"Fool... You are already cursed!"

Yet, with a flick of Eiryk's wrist, lacerations appeared all over the body of the necromancer, and blood sprayed from these wounds. His eyes melted in their sockets, as Eiryk's arm shifted to a darkened claw, and his right eye lit with a blackened flame.

"N-no... The power of the mark! How could one dedicated to Lumbra know how to use it!? What are you!?"

"I am Eiryk Advento, and my soul is my sanctuary... If I must use the powers of darkness to end your evils... Then so be it!"

"Eiryk, do you understand? You must, under no circumstances grant power to your left hand. For that mark is dangerous, and even we Paladins know little of its potential."

"If you say so, but... The idea of shedding blood, why is it frowned upon?"

"Blood is the sacred water of Lumbra, Eiryk. To let it fall upon the earth is not a peaceful endeavor. This is also why we are unable to use bladed instruments. The templars and paladins, they are allowed, as the blood of their enemies is the blood of the wicked."

"I see, so that is why-"

"Milady!"

"What is it, Templar Gawayne?"

"Horrible! The area south of Frenga has been turned into a nether field!"

"W-WHAT!? Such things do not exist! No necromancer knows of the spell to create such!"

"Priestess, we need you! Eiryk, we need you as well. We need every priestess we can gather to perform a grand exorcism!"

"By the name of Lumbra... I do not believe this is possible! We have not the training nor the skill required!"

"It does not matter! The armaments are weak, and they cannot perform a mass purification. We need the combined strength of everyone's will to purify the area!"

"To do so with untrained individuals... It will lead to greater damage! This is foolish, Templar!"

"We need to do it for him! We need to find his parents!"

"... But... If they were caught in it..."

"Black as a starless, moonless night. Nothing but darkness and ruin."

"Do you truly think a combined effort at performing a grand exorcism will work?"

"I don't know, but we must try."

"On me! Ready!"

"MAGNUS... EXORCISMUS!"

"Nothing... There's nothing and no one left."

"Damned demons... Who knew that they were...?"

"..."

"Eiryk...?"

"... Everything was... for nothing... It was all my fault..."

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Payments had been made all around, all except for Yemhelch. He had disappeared from his room in the inn - the bed was still warm when the road patrol arrived to disassemble the doors. Unlike the knights from Cyndar, these were men experienced with handling pirates and aiding people against buccaneers and other higher-level dangers to society. The way they worked gave ample proof of their training; not much words, but their clean and efficient actions that opened the door. Natsuki sighed as she paid the men for their services, and the innkeeper for the door.

"We'll find him, m'am." the squad leader of the road patrol, a swarthy man in a robed suit with two dangerous-looking daggers on his arms nodded. "It's either a kidnapping or some fluke trying to avoid paying for the room." A short pause, and he looked over the legens he was paid for. "... alright, that's slightly unlikely, since you're paying and all...".

Behind him, a tall woman with odd tattoos handled two large dogs - trained ones, it seemed. They began to sniff around the room, and soon, they had a scent. Irregular at first, the dogs began to zero in on the scent left by Yemhelch.

"So, when we find him... do we hog-tie him and have him sent by courier to the Magus Guild, ma'am?"

"What?"

"Heh, that's what our clients usually ask us to do..."

"Well, no. If you do find him... tell him that we have left for Vel Da Ir."

"Huh, you Cyndar folks are odd."

----

Quest Complete!

Magus Guild Pays: 15,500 Legens for the samples of the jellyfish and the Jelliomegalis Rex.

Alius: +1000 Legens
Mikkael: +6000 Legens
Natsuki: +6500 Legens
Philena: +2000 Legens
Yemhelch: 0 Legens

Streetblade hiring cost: -3000 Legens (Natsuki pays)
Innkeeper damages payment: -1500 Legens (Natsuki pays)

Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:49 am
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Mikkael himself noted something odd as Natsuki made arrangements with the innkeeper. He had counted his fees and made note to turn the quest in as well, yet something stood out as he focused on Yemhelch's room.

"Will burn."

Philena looked at Mikkael quizzically.

"Look carefully where the dogs go. It too has picked up on not only a scent, but the presence of will. Like how gunpowder burn is the clue of a gun being fired at close range, will burn is the clue that there was a form of some exomagical activity... Or, rather, the ejection of one's will."

Mikkael himself checked the room for clues.

"You don't suppose he found a woman last night?" He joked for a moment. Philena blushed at the thought considering she and Mikkael had shared a bed together just a few hours earlier. Mikkael waved the notion off and then began to make some other observations, "Whatever the case may be, it had to be out of necessity. It just... feels like he would have left us some clue, but maybe I'm crazy."

Mikkael decided to leave it to the pros and regrouped with everyone else. Their best bet would be to continue pressing forward on their journey, just as he himself had to.

"Just like I have to..." He thought as he walked out the doors. Now outside of the inn beside Philena, he very abruptly felt as though he was glomped down to the floor by a filled carriage.

"MIKKEY!~"

He recognized that voice. He heard it last time he came to Selk.

"Shde? Iph tht yu?" He mumbled, face in the sand. Getting a chance to rise, the girl gave him another hug.

"OF COURSE IT'S ME, SILLY!~ How have you been? We haven't heard much from you since your injury at Vel Da Ir."

Mikkael scratched at the back of his head, as he could feel daggers being shot into it by Philena.

"Well, you know... I've been around."

"OH?~" The girl continued, "Also, who're these girls?" Shade asked, referring to Natsuki and Philena. She must've already known Alius, who was quietly standing there.

Mikkael was about to answer, but Philena suddenly grabbed him by the arm, "I'm Philena, Philena Taltanis, First Cousin of her royal majesty, Meridia Taltanis the Third.

"Oho, royalty.~" Shade remarked, almost mockingly, "So you're his girlfriend or something?"

"Y-N-Y-No!"

"Uhm..." Mikkael meekly uttered, "Can I say something?"

"NOPE.~"

"NO!!!"

"Ugh..."

Just then, the Assassin Master walked up, "Ah, good morning to you Mikkael, Natsuki. I trust you've slept well."

"Oh, Master Scorpio, hello again!" Mikkael beamed, seeing a way out of his current situation. "We slept quite well, thanks."

"Hmmm... It seems the other fellow in your party has disappeared. That's what I was called out for, I suppose."

"Yeah..."

"We'll find him, no worries." The assassin leader gave a very affirmative nod, also patting Mikkael strongly on the shoulder. "Shade? Come."

"Hnnn..." Shade groaned, "You win this time, Miss Taltanis.~ I'll see you later Mikkael and friends.~"

"Yeah... ACK!" Mikkael yelped as he felt Philena's nails dig into his skin. He had forgotten that she had a vice grip on him. "Can you um... Let go please?"

Philena sighed and let go. Today was going to be a long day indeed.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:05 am
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
((I'm enacting a mini-update here. From now on, when fighting any monster, if it has greater life and any one stat than your own, defeating it will grant you one quest level. This can only be completed twice per real day. So yes, hunting will finally grant you levels.

Version 1.26 will be out soon though, so look forward to that post.))

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
'Exomagical activity', the 'ejection of will'?

She had struck scholar gold right here. She waited until Philena stalked after the newer girl to approach Mikkael, who was now dusting off his armor, getting at the bits of sand that had clung onto the metal.

"Exomagical activity, huh?" she started, keeping her voice low in the morning crowd. "Exactly what is that supposed to be? Perhaps magics that do not fit into the known Houses of Magick?"

Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:59 am
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Mikkael began to explain, "Well, you know how alchemists are talking about reactions being exothermite or endothermite or something along those lines?"

Philena interjected, "You mean... Exothermic and endothermic?"

"Right, that." Mikkael continued, "It's sort of like that. Exomagical spells are spells which eject will, such as when one casts fire. This will obviously cause regular burns, but it also leaves a will burn. Similarly, there's endomagic, which involves filling oneself with will. These are used in what some call draining spells. However, endomagic leaves less of a will burn, or none at all."

Mikkael also noted, "They tell us this over in the Vexus School of Magic, and will burn is always sought there when dealing in crime, it seems."

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:07 am
Profile WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
"I know some basics of seer training, just the most elementary stuff." she smiled as she recalled her findings of the room, scant as it was since she had stayed out of the way. "So, what did you see? Was it someone blasting the poor man with a fireball, or him using a spell to escape? - that is odd because I sensed almost no magical potential within him..."

Vexus magic school, huh? She made a note to look through their tomes for insight on this phenomena. Sure, the Cyndar branch had a long-standing rivalry between them, but the scholars got along rather well together.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:23 am
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"Almost like... a release of a spell currently on him. Like how one rids of an edge spell when they want to go back to using no element. Just as if some sort of spell over his body was released." Mikkael mused, although, he wasn't entirely sure.

"I dunno, I haven't really worked with magic all too much. I mostly just happened across it as a part of my studying. If anything, I prefer fighting things with my weapon rather than use spells. They'll probably get a priest or someone with more magical expertise in there to look at it in more detail."

Mikkael decided that if they were to head to Vel Da Ir, they would best go ahead and prepare. The desert was always dangerous. So he decided on an unorthodox change...

"You want to swap this rapier... for another sword?"

"Absolutely." Mikkael said to the smithy.

"Why would you want to do that? It pierces defenses and the cup-hilt protects the hand."

"Even so..." Mikkael began, "It doesn't have the necessary power behind it."

"Why not another piercing weapon, then? Perhaps a spear?"

"A good weapon, I'm sure, however, it won't do me any good I think. I need something which I can use in closer quarters if my buster blade doesn't slice em' in two."

"Well, if you insist, here's what I have..."

The shopkeeper showed every one-handed sword in his stock. Each ranged in size, shape, and balance. Mikkael checked each one personally and gave each a swing and thrust. Though he wanted to take the cutlass initially, he figured he needed more of a straight blade. Then he believed he had found it.

"What's this one?" Mikkael asked, picking up a very standard looking sword.

"That? It's what we call an Arming Sword. Some call it a short sword."

"Wow... It's pretty light, and yet you can feel the power in the swing." Mikkael nodded. "I'll take it."

"Alright then." The smithy gave a shrug, taking the basket-hilted rapier from Mikkael, "The rapier will deduct 748 Legens from the price, thus you will need to pay 2512 Legens."

"Gladly. Can I also grab some new armor?"

"Sure, I got some heavy-"

"No, I would like some medium armor." Mikkael interrupted.

The smithy was baffled, "MEDIUM!? You can't really use it, can you? You are a spellsword."

"It's my money, right? I just want a set. You never know when you'll need a spare set of armor."

"B-But... Ah, whatever, just over here, sir."

Mikkael checked the quality of each set before finally deciding on one set of armor.

"Alright. Just so you know, the chainmail is fairly expensive. We're talking 25000."

"Okay. That brings us to 27,512 then. I'll also take a pair of gauntlets."

Finally relieved at a somewhat smart choice of browsing, the man pulled out various pairs of gauntlets. Mikkael checked each pair in a similar manner to checking the armor.

"These ones."

"Those are 60,000 Legens for the pair, are you sure?"

"Absolutely. We're now at 87,512 Legens for the total." Mikkael smiled, checking his wallet. He pulled out the necessary Legens and equipped everything he could. The man happily added the money to the register and sent Mikkael on his way.

Now they were ready for the desert.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 39  Next