Reply to topic  [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 39  Next
 Chronicles of Jungalore: Rise of Dragons 
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Arcade Corps
Post Re: Chronicles of Jungalore Main RP Thread
((Quick update. I am rewriting all the monsters.

... Again...

Yep, in the coming days, expect all of your favourite monsters to be rewritten in terms of stats and potentially skills. They are all going to be up to a standard following a new set of of "level brackets" to make progression seem easier, but at the same time creating a new challenge for players. Here's what's to come in terms of monsters.

1. All monsters are being buffed in some way, although some may see a drop in their stats, the overall change is that they are given greater advantages.
    2. Legen drops are going to increase in some way due to a new equation for the legen amount.
    3. Boss drops are increasing all around, though some may lose their drops.
    4. New enemies will be implemented where there are a lack of enemies.
    5. Skills of enemies will be revamped.
    6. The entire "People" class of enemies is getting a makeover to match that of the class guide.
    7. The final revamp of enemies will be NPCs getting their own entries into the monster database.

Further, dungeons are going to be changed to no longer be strictly "public" based. Currently, dungeons operate on a system where anyone can enter at any time and run into other parties, but that's dumb. In game logic, it would still sort of be instance based, but this still negates the challenge of dungeons. Hence, here's the changes to dungeons.

1. All dungeons will have two versions; Instanced and Public.
      a. Instanced dungeons will be the current standard but you can only have a maximum party size based on the dungeon's difficulty. You will not run into other players besides those in the party, and everyone is allowed to gather from the same gathering spot based on their maximum amount.
      b. Public dungeons are harder. All enemies (including bosses) have doubled stats (excluding life and will), doubled status apply chance, and one additional charge to all of their resistances. However, these dungeons allow you to gather twice as much, the reward chest amount is doubled, all item and legen drops from enemies are doubled, and legendary weapon/heroic armor chances are doubled. However, the catch is that public dungeons only reset every three real hours at 12 AM, 3 AM, 6 AM, 9 AM, 12 PM, 3 PM, 6 PM, and 9 PM. These times are in UTC. This means that bosses, chests, and gathering spots are on a time-based respawn. Regular enemies will still appear even once a boss has been defeated. Reward chests and legendary pieces go to the highest contributor to the boss battle, so be certain to track your damage. Support characters will also be eligible based on how much life they heal.

These changes will be applied to the files and then to the wiki. Speaking of, we are still in the process of making the wiki, so any contributions are very much appreciated.))

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Brick. Scalpel. Line. Limestone. Brick.

The pattern of reconstructing had etched itself on his mind as he worked hard under the stars. It wasn't quite dark, though. Some mages were erecting torchlit runes and passing out stamina potions to workers who were getting winded out. By being this close to ground zero, he had a better idea of what had actually happened in the guild. He was looking out into the courtyard, marking cracked beams when a hand clapped on his shoulder.

"Ahoy, landlubber! Didn't think I'd see ye again!" a familiar voice chuckled.

Turning to the man, he thought... no, it couldn't be... Yemhech's eyes scrunched as he focused on remembering...

"Captain Sailsunder!"

"And my crew o' sea dogs!" he exclaimed dramatically as he tipped his tri-cap. "Guess we're crew members for now, matey!". Just behind him, he spotted the captain's crewmembers - now all working on stonework just like him.

Captain Sailsunder. He had met him on that first trek from Frenga to Cyndar.

"We've got a lot of catching up to do, Captain." Yemhelch responded to his firm handshake, a wry grin on his face.

-

With the majority of the walls repaired, the work crews took a break on the fortress parapets and watched the sunrise.

Talking with Captain Sailsunder had given him a LOT of information on what had happened here - and the real dirt on Blackbeard. Now he knew the identity of Mikkael's opponent on the strange bird-like beast.

"Much as I'd like to join the Mayor of Avalon as a crew member, me first duty comes to me crew." he sighed. "Tis a hard choice, matey. We've been through a lot and I know my crew'd rather walk the plank than have anyone else as captain."

"Of course." Yemhelch replied. "Fire-forged friends are the best kind of friends. I know just how you feel."

[AVALON HAS BEEN PLACED ON NAVIGATION MAP]

"Still, the fishman's not a bad person. All of Selk owes him for the safe return of Big Sam Bell, I figures. Still, you say you're a friend of his..." the Captain continued. "Could ye pass word to him that my ship is ready to sail at his command?"

[CAPTAIN SAILSUNDER'S SHIP UNLOCKED - CURRENTLY IN SELKIE BAY]

"Of course."

As the sun rose higher, work was stopped for the day. This high up in the sky, under the scorching sun was not safe for work. It seemed that the Pirates Guild really cared for the working class. Collecting 1000 Legens from the salary queue, Yemhelch returned to the lounge, a cold drink in hand and focused on sensing the seething magical energies that still permeated this area.

He had an artifact to track down.

4 pcs.

Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:13 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"So that is why they have been searching for you..." Alta-ira responded, her blue eyes fixated on Philena, "Understandably so."

"Mistress Alta-ira, I need your help." Philena asked, taking the old meridian woman's hands in her own, "I must break out the instructors of the Altans clan from their cells in the palace."

"Ah... Yes, I heard of the arrest. I protested such a move made by the Lemalt clan. Those damned wizards have no idea what they're getting themselves into by sacrificing the captain of our guardsmen to the chopping block." Alta-ira grumbled, looking out the window, "Olava, please prepare my staff."

"Yes, Mistress." Olava answered, quickly moving to another room, presumably to get the staff.

"Mistress Alta-ira, what are you doing? You are far too-"

"I am not too old, dear Philena. Even if I was, I wouldn't let that man control the throne of our queen Taltanis so readily. Though von Hohenheim may have saved the princess, his son is not free from my sights. Though I was sickly when you left New Meridia, this woman is ready for any challenge that comes her way."

"Father had the same mindset before he was killed by the dragon king." Philena noted. Alta-ira twitched but shook her head.

"Even so, your father was a brave man, and he had the right idea. Come, you shall join me."

After grabbing her staff, the two of them passed out of the courtyard as the students all waved to the mistress, both priest and necromancer alike. Philena looked on in wonder at how they would cooperate.

"You seem confused, child." Alta-ira stated as they walked through the gates, "Do you not remember? I have always taught the priests and necromancers alike. They are one in the same, after all."

"One in the same?" Philena asked quizzically.

"Both believe in the same thing. After all, light and darkness are but two sides of the same coin, just as the priest and the necromancer." Alta-ira explained to Philena as they walked with a group of praying priests, "Bow your head in prayer, they will lead us to the palace."

Bowing her head, they slowly made their way to the palace.

--------------------------------------------------

"Guh..." Tarlark uttered, coughing up blood as he fell to the ground, wincing in pain.

"Tarlak, what is it that you seek?"

"Simply immortality..." He laughed, "With such power, not even the dragons could kill us, we could take back Meridia, we could take back Jungalore."

"Jungalore was never ours." Mikkael prepared his buster sword once more as Tarlak stood up, "Jungalore belongs to its people."

"Does it truly? Why then do the people seek leadership? Why then do they seek someone to be crowned upon its highest seat of authority? Why?"

Mikkael began to think, but then Tarlak attacked him utilizing species mixer, he barely managed to block off the attack, and pondered the question. That was when it occurred to him.

"Perhaps it is all they know. They haven't been given the chance to truly think for themselves, to lead their own lives. Guidance is always needed among the people, Tarlak, but not usurpers or tyrants such as my father who you helped place upon the throne of New Meridia."

"He made me a promise, and so I helped him achieve his desire." Tarlak stated. He finally mounted his staff on his back, "Allow me to issue you a formal challenge then, Mikkael. Defeat me in combat at the arena of Cita Den. If you do so, I will help you. I am not as evil as you may think. I simply am looking out for our people... If your resolve, your mission, is greater than my own, then you will win."

Tarlak began to walk away and while Mikkael initially moved to give chase, Excalibur spoke up.

"No, Mikkael. Let him go. This is good for us."

Meridia moved to Mikkael's side as he watched the Prophet depart. Was he really trustworthy? The man who moved to arrange a marriage behind Mikkael's back? Mikkael removed his helmet and sheathed his buster sword.

"He can't be trusted, Mikkael." Meridia finally spoke up. Mikkael turned to her as she continued, "He moved to have my throne usurped. He is a traitor to the people. However, I do not believe you should kill him. Instead, let me deliver judgement when I return to the throne."

"Your highness, are you certain? I could do away with him easily at the Cita Den Arena."

"To err is human. To forgive is divine." Meridia states, "Such is a saying among the humans."

"... Very well." Mikkael finally agrees.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
The energies were fading away fast - but he had an idea where the first battle had taken place - underground, if the bled energies of the Scepter of Selk was any clue. It had been used once on a spot 3 floors down.

Unfortunately, that level was restricted - five heavily armed gunmen stood guard in the way of the grand stairwell leading to the depths of the earth. He had little choice but to alter his course of the investigation. Instead of trying to locate the Scepter directly, he had to find out what happened to Blackbeard, who had used the Staff on himself... if the dying maelstrom of magic energy below him was any indication.

Walking around, he began to listen to the general conversations as he pretended to savor the aroma of the great spitroasts built in the Grand Hall.

"Indeed, landlubber. We thought he a Fair Leader, but we were bamboozled!" a grizzled pirate captain growled. "Tis a good thing the outsider came to Sam's aid! We'd-"

A sharp nudge from his second-in-command interrupted his drivel.

"Aye, the trait'rous coward had betrayed the Good Captain Big Bellamy!" an older man - another worker said as he sagely nodded before gulping down some whisky. "Then, this Meridian an' his sidekick come a-blastin' and blast the fool right outta the sky!"

He had a trail to follow - and now, it was a big 'what if'. Either this "Big Bellamy" had picked the Scepter up, or Mikkael had done it - and most likely was in New Meridia now. He would follow the spoor - the greasy streak of magic that still left a mark in the world as he exited the Pirates Guild.

Now, he was getting somewhere.

4 pcs.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:33 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Entering the palace, Philena kept her head down as Alta-ira followed at her side. The guards eyed them at first, but as it filled in, the group became quickly blended into the crowd. They made their way to the prison when they utilized magic to shape shift. Turning into two rats, they made their way through the burrows and cracks in the walls. Finally, they arrived in the prison proper, where they sneakily took out the guards on patrol.

They then approached the cells of Mikkael's instructors.

"That was fairly easy." Philena noted quietly as they approached the cells. Alta-ira approached the cell containing the group of soldiers.

"Altans? They locked you up as well?" Alta-ira questioned as the red meridian stepped up to meet the pink one on the outside. He was an aged meridian knight, as old as the mistress and with a well-built body.

"Dear Alta-ira, thank goodness, and who is that?"

"She is my honoured student." Alta-ira noted, "Tell me, do you remember the soldier Mikkael Altans?"

"Ah, the one who got us in this mess..." Altans grumbled, "He needs to explain a lot."

Philena stepped up to the cell, "I can explain, master Altans. It's all a huge misunderstanding. Mikkael never meant any harm to any of the clans, but we... We need to get out first."

Alta-ira moved to the lever and pulled it down. The bars fell into the ground as Altans nodded. The other instructors in the cell agreed, although their opinions of Mikkael differed from that of the master as the group was transformed further by Philena's magic, that they may crawl through the palace.

The group made it back to the Assassin's Guild of New Meridia and entered without issue, that was where Philena explained everything that happened to everyone there. Altans and the other instructors had to drink heavily at the events that had transpired, from the murder case to the near-death of the child of both Mikkael and Philena.

Mikkael's main instructor spoke, "So then you love the kid? Is that right?"

"Yes, with all my heart." Philena responds, "I care not that I am of royalty mixing with a commoner."

"She is rather determined, do you not see?" Alta-ira confirmed, "Still, I wonder, Philena, what is it that you seek from us now?"

Philena blanked for a moment, now that she had the leaders of the clans, she had questions of her own. Why was the Altans leader in jail? Why was Altans commanding troops against Mikkael?

Why?

"Altans, you are Mikkael's master, noblest of the knight clans of New Meridia. Why then do you send your troops against him?" She asked. Altans tilted his head.

"I didn't. I disagree with the student on his... methods, but never would I send troops against him, save for if he actually did something wrong." The great meridian knight explained. Philena had plenty of answers now but more questions. Who gave the order?

"Someone gave the order, then, just as I had figured when they came for me." Altans noted. The instructors considered this themselves and Altans smiled, "So, when's the wedding?"

Philena blushed as thoughts came to her mind. Altans laughed at the young woman as Alta-ira gave him a firm slap, "Altans! You need not tease her!" The red meridian smiled, golden eyes fixated on the necromancer master and Philena.

"Still, it is good to know my student has chosen a beautiful bride."

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Why didn't he smell the trail before?

Oh, because his temporary skill at sniffing out artifacts wasn't there in the first place. He had returned at last to the Golden Sand Dune - his temporary digs, and now, the artifact was just one floor below, in some kind of basement. It would seem that his hunch was right all along. Now, all he had to do was-

BANG!

Stars flew in his vision as he recoiled in pain, stumbling backwards at the unusual pain in his forehead, a flailing arm catching onto the side of a table, sending the ceramicware plates on it flying along with the desk as his body made a loud thump - the clatters and crashes following soon after a perfect audio frame to his collapse.

"Oh."

He had been so focused on the artifact that he had walked right into a wall. Perhaps, a secret safe? If it had been Bellamy, he would have no problem sneaking in, stabbing a few people - then nabbing the artifact. But now, an additional problem revealed itself.

How was he to get the artifact without harming his friend?

As he lay there and pondered these difficult thoughts, the sound of footsteps began to hammer up the stairs. For someone wearing makeshift plate armor - she sure moved fast, he thought to himself as Karliah rounded the stairs, battlemace drawn. Her eyes narrowed as she saw him sprawled on the floor. He had to think fast - if people got word of an attempted robbery, there was no doubt that other bandits would think that there was something worth stealing here...

"What's going on here?!" her sharp voice cut through his thoughts.

With a plan in mind, Yemhelch released a wet burp and settled into a drunken drawl. "I'm not drunksh, ma'am! I sh'wear!"

The smell of whisky reached her petite nose and she wrinkled her face in disgust. "You old drunkard..." she muttered as she sheathed her mace. "How on or off earth did you even manage to..." grumbling thus, she walked away with Ivor and a girl he didn't quite recognize.

4 pcs.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:41 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Mikkael had escorted the princess back to the Assassin's Guild, there, he and Master Altans exchanged a long needed greeting.

After Mikkael got up from the punch to the face, Altans spoke, "That's for getting us in jail. Though, I will admit I am quite impressed with your progress, kid."

Mikkael smiled and gave a light bow, "Thank you sir, that means a lot to me for you to say."

Alta-ira stepped up to Mikkael and rested a hand on his shoulder, "So, you must be the one whom everyone is searching after..." The elder pink meridian studied the boy over. "Bandity, hm? I suppose it makes sense. I hear you gave your grandfather quite the thrashing."

"With some help, of course, Master... Alta-ira?"

"Yes, but of course, there are now more pressing matters at hand." The elder meridian stated, turning to the red meridian elder and then to the princess.

"Indeed." The princess began, sitting with everyone at the table, "You see, I took Mikkael to the Slab of Destiny..."

((Wanted to let people know that we're still relevant. I am glad to see 15k views, but I'm also working on a lot of other projects at this time. Namely, I'm working on potentially starting up an RO private server with Forkheads, as well as setting up something big for Jungalore. I know, I've been slacking a lot, but hopefully I can give you guys something worthwhile soon.

I will say this, though. A lot of the monsters are actually getting removed from the official game. Instead, they will be available as "Mod Packs" and not at all related to the official content that is Chronicles of Jungalore. This is mostly the Monster Hunter stuff, as all other content is perfectly fine... I think/hope.))

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:40 pm
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"Things are not as they seem, Mikkael." The Paragon spoke.

After their meeting, Mikkael and Philena had fled the city of New Meridia, either Mikkael could question Tarlak further at the Cita Den Arena, or he could simply head for the throne immediately. Either way, the Meridian Throne would be the center of the conflict. Now, standing in the plains outside Remnvald Keep was Mikkael and the Paragon. Philena stood at Mikkael's side as he spoke back to the man in the dark grey coat.

"I was wondering when you'd next show up."

"Yes, well... You're planning on something actually dangerous." The paragon continued, "You want to destroy those artifacts."

Mikkael had a wry grin as he spoke, "The ones who made this system over such dangerous tools... They're foolish."

"They are what hold this world together. I cannot let you destroy them." The Paragon didn't let Mikkael respond. Spear in hand, he jumped forward and attempted to pierce Mikkael's heart. Not expecting this, Mikkael barely managed to dodge to attack, taking a gash instead.

"Ngh... So you plan on killing me here? What will that accomplish, Paragon?"

"It will keep things as they should be."

"Perhaps, but what good will that do?" Mikkael asked, the Paragon lunged forwards again. At the ready this time, the blow was parried by the sacred sword in Mikkael's hand. The Paragon and Mikkael continued to exchange blows, the spear would be parried as would Mikkael's sword. Philena stood back at the sidelines, her hands folded as she held heavy worries in her heart.

"STOP IT! Both of you, just... Stop it."

"Philena," Mikkael remarked, "I can't let this continue. We need to destroy those artifacts."

"Your man is wrong, Philena, those artifacts will be key in the coming days to the defeat of the beast of prophecy."

"Can both of you just cease fighting then!? The day of prophecy is not yet here, and the artifacts are still safely locked away, save for at least one which we know is in the possession of Mikkael's father."

"... Hmph..." The Paragon sounded. He snapped his fingers as the spear disappeared from his hands, "Mikkael, Philena... Both of you I consider close. So know that I do this because I'm looking out for you. However, I will have to kill you, Mikkael, if you dare do anything that would endanger this world."

Without another word between them, the Paragon disappeared with a blinding flash of light. Mikkael looked around and they were alone once again.

The two made their way to Selk once again. With this knowledge now in their minds, they had no choice but to either heed the words of the Paragon, or to dismiss it. Mikkael nearly entered the safe and decided to dismiss it, but he stopped himself as he touched the Scepter of Selk. Things were no longer that simple, but he had to do it at some point.

He closed the vault and walked outside, where he saw a familiar face still in town.

"Eiryk? Still here I see."

The young scholar turned to Mikkael and nodded, "Yes, I've been speaking with the locals."

"Oh? What about?"

"Well, it may seem silly, but hope."

"Hope?"

"They hope for better, and yet, it's sad somehow. The people of Selk are sad, even though they now have their old town leader back."

Mikkael remembered Bellamy was the leader of the pirates, but he never imagined that he would be considered something akin to mayor. He smiled at this realization, and continued, "Well, worry not. Bellamy is a good man. He will bring prosperity back to Selk."

"I do wonder..." Eiryk responded, "I just wonder."

Eiryk had a far away gaze in his eyes. It was like a look of familiarity that he had once displayed during his first days of adventuring the plains of the Corisca Mainland, or even arriving at Cyndar. Eiryk similarly had a look as if he had once been at the town, and he stared at a building off in the distance.

"Hey, kid, you alright?" Mikkael asked. Eiryk didn't turn his gaze, but then Excalibur spoke up.

"Master Altans, if I may... I'd like to privately speak with Eiryk for a moment."

"Why is everyone being so weird lately?" Mikkael asked, "Whatever, I'll be inside."

Eiryk took the blade in his hands, still in its scabbard, Excalibur spoke, "Eiryk... It has been far too long since we last spoke, wouldn't you agree?"

Eiryk's eyes widened, "Huh? What do you...?"

"Simply heed my words... Take me out to the building at which you stare intently..."

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
The thick stone walls, although built crudely by smashing boulders into a mixture of tar were backed by solid log reinforcements dug into several trenches. They provided enough strength to withstand even a dragon deciding to relax on them. Walking on the narrow road formed by the wall, the priest shook his head sadly as he looked at the destruction the wall had wrought on several farm plots even now that had been halfway ploughed before the construction of the wall started.

There would be food shortages for sure, he thought to himself as he looked over the no-man's land and into the forest. The paladin was right - something didn't feel right about the trees here.

-

A lone monk walked through the Bandit Isles, a single torchlight rune in her glove to light the way. Her sharpened senses felt the ground vibrate as the bushes to her right shuffled. She closed her eyes and counted the footste- wait, those didn't feel like footsteps - she opened her eyes only to see a towering mass of tentacles and slavering maws bristling with sharp teeth barreling down on her.

"Well, that's no bandit..." she thought to herself as she leaped backwards gracefully, avoiding the shadowy monster's attempt to grab her. Mid-leap, she dropped the torchlit rune - here in the dark forest, keeping that on her person was like painting a massive target on her back - giving the monster a...

It had no eyes - yet it moved ponderously, avoiding the larger trees. Drawn to the light of the fallen runestone, it shambled over - reaching out a sinewy tentacle that seemed to suck light into itself, probing at the small, flickering light - then she watched in consternation as it ate the runestone, letting out a sickening retch of malodorous gas... almost as if it enjoyed its meal.

The forest was now pitch black - and she quickly slipped into the darkness and steadied her breathing. First, she would try to misdirect the creature with a thrown twig, then run in the opposite direction. She closed her eyes again, and focused on the sound of its gnashing teeth as it... vanished?

She stayed like that - straining her honed senses to the limit - but she heard and felt nothing. Only the soft wind blowing through the treetops. Finally, she peeked out of her hiding place. Nothing, nothing to mark the monster's presence aside from the large gashes in the trees it had emerged from, and a scuffle on the ground where its tendrils tore up the soil.

"So... those things, are attracted to light..." she mused as she continued her journey to Frenga Farms.

-

Yemhelch waited. He had decided to abandon the 'get the vault' idea and somehow convince Mikkael to hand over the artifact. Once, he had seen him open the vault - then do nothing as he got another visitor. It seemed that some conversation had started up when he returned. Now was his chance.

"So, I hear you went off to the Meridian city this time." he waved his friend over. "Just so you know, I'd have followed you if I could breathe underwater. So, what's happening?"

4 pcs.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:16 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Shaking his head, Mikkael answered, "The city is taken over by a dictator, and I have no idea whether or not I should go with my plans. On one hand, I may go about heading to Cita Den, but on the other, I may go ahead and raid the town. Either way, it ends at the throne."

Mikkael rested his chin in his hand, he looked out the window to see the Scholar speaking with the sword, giving it no further thought. After all, even if he were to steal the blade, an unlikely act as is, the boy wouldn't be able to use it.

"Those artifacts..." Mikkael began, but was quickly silenced as Philena walked down the stairs.

"Mikkael, are you planning on going to the arena?"

"... I suppose there is little choice."

Philena nodded with a smile.

"Do you remember anything?"

Eiryk shook his head, "I only see this place as familiar, somehow."

"I see... It is a shame that only my kind survived, then." The sword responded, "Perhaps it is best that you do not remember those days. After all, Eiryk, you already have a burden to bear, do you not?"

"What are you talking about?"

"An age long passed, long before there was an Altena Kingdom, long before there were humans on Jungalore... However, now is not the time. What you must do, here and now, is make a choice."

"A choice?" Eiryk questioned. But before the blade could respond, a full troop of new paladins had him surrounded.

"Eiryk Advento, we've been looking for you."

"... Damn. Guess I've been found." The human boy responded.

"We're willing to offer you some immunity, but only in the event that you reveal to us the location of Paladin Karliah." One of them voiced, "The choice is yours."

"Choice, huh?" Eiryk grinned, "Well, I won't kill any of you, but I won't tell you where she is, either."

The paladins were baffled, but in a moment, they choice to pin him against the building, "Listen, scholar, you have only two options, either come with us and confess or tell us where she is and be free."

"I choose neither." Eiryk responded, "Instead, how about you talk to my friend over there?"

Before the paladin could turn, Mikkael had gutted him wide open with the Buster Sword. The other paladins scurried off in an instant as Mikkael looked to the scholar.

"So, I suppose you've got to get going, huh?" Mikkael asked, Eiryk nodded in response as he began to hand the sword back to Mikkael. However, before he could do so, Excalibur spoke once more.

"With all due respect, Master, I wish to travel with Eiryk."

"Huh? Why is that, Excalibur?" Mikkael asked. The sword refused to answer, and after a few moments of silence, Mikkael approved, "Alright, but be sure you bring it back."

Eiryk strapped the blade to his side as Mikkael began to head for the docks.

"Mikkael!" Eiryk shouted after him, "Where are you off to?"

"Cita Den, I have some business to attend to!" Mikkael shouted back, jumping off into the sea. Philena watched alongside Eiryk as Mikkael swam into the distance. The human boy couldn't help but gaze at the blade, faintly glowing at his side.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Mikkael had left again - and Yemhelch used this time to further learn of the region surrounding Selk. Despite her relative inexperience in battle, Philena proved to be quite fun to talk to; having experienced the world far better than he had. The topic had drifted to the under-sea regions when his stomach let out a powerful growl.

"Whoops." he chuckled as he tried to cover it up with a pull of his chair and failed. "Darn, you're a smart one..."

"I'll go get some supper. How about you get our guest down too?" Philena said as she grabbed a ladle and walked to the kitchen.

-

Yemhelch knocked on the door a third time and finally got a terse reply to his request for dinner. "I'll pass." Karliah had said. For a moment, he thought that she was still sulking about losing to him in the trial back in Vel Da Ir - but then he figured that if the story of her breakout was true, it was smart thinking to stay out of public sight.

"I'll get you some leftovers, then." he told her.

"Whatever."

Shrugging, he walked back to the dining room.

"She-"

"I heard. No problem." Philena replied as she expertly maneuvered some wheat stew with worm meat into bowls, and another helping into a smaller waterproof bag. Soon, the delicious aroma of fresh-fried dinner began to waft around the house.

"Well, allright! Let's eat!"

-

He had taken a few bites - and was about to compliment Philena on her multidirectional roasting skill when there was a knock on the door. Perhaps that young acolyte? He went up to the door - reaching for a deadbolt when a sharp voice sounded from the other side.
"Open up, in the name of Lumbra!"

He winced as he put his eye on the peephole - several soldiers in dark gray plate armor (or so he thought - it was pretty dark out). The leader raised his fist and smashed the lens this time, just as Yemhelch jumped back to avoid any glass in his eye.

"Lumbra?"

4 pcs.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:57 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
By the time the paladins had arrived, Eiryk decided to skip town with Excalibur in hand...

On the Cita Den shores, Mikkael saw something new about Cita Den. Large metallic walls and smoke rising from the city. The town had gunners rather than spear men, and the city had been completely renovated, with the only remaining original architecture being the coliseum.

"Sounds like fun..." Mikkael stated with a smile. He then ran towards the arena, ready to take on the arena challenge...

"HALT!"

The entrance guards shouted angrily. Mikkael looked to them, expecting regular Nekor, and yet, they were different, with fox-like features, and others even had mouse-like features nearby. In fact, the people of Cita Den had been intermingled differently.

"Wha...? What happened? I thought the Nekor were cat-folk."

"Huh? Have you been passed out for half a year? We of the Kitsuneor have returned from our journey, along with the rest of the people of the Kemonor race."

The guardsman stabled himself in place, "Now, Meridian, be sure before you enter to read the rules regarding arena entry... Just what do you plan to do anyways? Are you here for the tournament?"

Mikkael nodded, and was directed to the entry desk. He filled out the forms required of him and had them submitted.

"Aha... Wait! You're Mikkael Altans? The Mayor of Avalon? Pardon my rudeness from earlier, you may enter the lobby whenever you're ready..."

Mikkael walked into the lobby and awaited the preparations...

An hour later, the guards came in with other combatants.

"Right, welcome to the Cita Den Arena, here we hope to see a good fight, and a new champion awarded, so don't go dying, understand?" The guard leader explained, "The rules are simple; Fight through ten rounds, claim rewards. You may return to the lobby after a round, not during a round. Also, no boss-class pets or attempting to tame the beasts."

One combatant raised his hand, "So what's the deal with the tournament? What's so special about it that it warrants ten rounds?"

"Aha, a fair question! See, you can't quit, only live or die. So if you want to leave now, please do so."

No one left, but the tension turned up tenfold as the leader continued, "Further, before fighting the seven living champions, you must face three great beasts. On the upside, the rewards are much MUCH higher..."

Everyone agreed and the crowd gave a loud cheer, signaling the first round's start.

"Alright, Craig, you're up first. You've done this before and are well-prepared anyways."

A man with two swords nodded with a wry grin and entered the arena.

"The rest of you have time to go ahead and prepare."

Mikkael checked his inventory. This would be a long set of rounds, and he wanted to be sure he was ready before continuing. He wasn't about to forfeit a grand prize over running out of items...

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Applause...

More applause.

A sound of shock.

A round of booing.

"Uh, sir, it seems that Craig is... You know... Dead."

"WHAT!? Already!?"

The guard shrugged as the leader walked up, "Alright, listen up people, Craig decided that it was okay to die on the first round in front of ten thousand people... We need a new volunteer!" The man turned to Mikkael, "Altans, is it? You're a hardened barbarian, you also look to be ready, in you go!"

Mikkael agreed, readying his buster sword. He stepped into the arena, where the crowd cheered him on.

"Everyone! Bear witness to our newest contestant! Famous for the destruction of Vex Vinas, Mikkael Altans!"

Mixed in with the cheers, he did hear some booing, but regardless, he smiled and waved to the crowd nonetheless.

"Now! Let's see him begin this first round against a Queen Spider!"

Mikkael drew his buster sword, grinning, "Let's do this."

The gate opened, releasing a giant spider upon Mikkael. He laughed to himself some before driving the Buster Sword through its skull with vigor. The creature couldn't even scratch him as he decimated its body easily.

"Seriously? That's it?" Mikkael laughed. The crowd gave a loud applause as the beast lay slain before him.

"WOW! AN ASTONISHING ENTRY FROM OUR NEWEST CONTESTANT! ON WITH THE NEXT ROUND!"

Mikkael turned to the second gate as it opened, and out lunged a Royal Ludroth!

"This is more my style!~"

The Royal Ludroth gave out a loud roar as Mikkael prepared for battle!

ATTACK SEQUENCE
1. Royal Ludroth (150/100/80/70)
9500/9500
700/700

2. Mikkael (430/252/40/102)
10000/10000
3350/3350

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"... and thus, we have come here to arrest Mikkael Atlans. You will assist us in searching this property. Be warned that aiding fugitives will be considered a deep sin against Umbra's Light." The leader finished, as his hands reached for his own claymore. "So, what'll it be?"

The door lay blasted nearly off its hinges - one measly deadbolt wasn't really enough to stand against a small crowd of steel-plate wearing thugs. Yemhelch sighed as the bossy man in armor rattled off charges against his former courtroom opponent and his good friend.

"Are you done yammering? Can I get back to my meal now?" he replied. "Oh, and thanks for announcing who you were. I'll pass you the bill for repairs."

"What?"

"The church of Lumbra, let alone the Imperis has no real authority here. Get out."

"You disrespectful peasant...!"

It was one of the younger paladins who swung his sword at Yemhelch at this provocation. Philena screamed as the blade smashed into empty air where he was a second ago, as he rolled backwards harmlessly - then grabbing a chair, he threw it at the attacker, the impact staggering the paladin despite his heavy armor.

It's a fight!

He had left his tanto upstairs, and now he regretted it - it'd have come in handy for jamming through the chinks in the solid wall of steel he now faced down with his bare fists. Now, he focused on judo throws, using the environment to his advantage. A tripped-up opponent here, one with a broken bone there were good news - but he noted how more kept coming. What did Mikkael even do, he thought to himsel-

*CLANG!*

A shield-wall smashed him in the face good, and he recoiled in pain... right into another opponent similarly charging shield-bash. The third time, he rolled away from the attack - only stare down a paladin rushing into him, sword pointed forward in a piercing stance.

He was lifted off his feet as the broadsword tore through his upper left shoulder, pinning him to a wall.

Yemhelch's left shoulder bone has been torn open!
Several nerves have been severed!
Several tendons have been cut!
Bleeding out!

The attacker wasn't satisfied enough and dropkicked him in the face with his steel greaves.

Yemhelch's jaw has been shattered!
Yemhelch's jaw has been dislocated!
Severe concussion!
Yemhelch's side teeth go flying in an arc!

The paladin drew back the bloodied blade, and he slumped to the floor - wracked with pain and no longer able to fight. After a few solid kicks to make sure he couldn't stand up again, the Paladins moved onto Philena...

Spoiler: show
"So, what'll you do now?" the man asked as he carefully stacked a pyramid of cards.

"... I dunno, but I dun goofed." Yemhelch replied. "Maybe provoking a bunch of armored nutcases wasn't such a good idea."

"Ha! You sure did, buddy."

"..."

"So, what will you do?"

"Am I...am I going to die?"

"I guess, if you don't ask for help."

"Who'll help me?"

"I will."

"What?"

"Just ask me for help. Simple as that."

"Really?"

"No such thing as a free lunch, though. You'll help me out later, right?"

"Well, you did say we are one and the same... allright then, please help me. I don't want to die."

"Ha, point made. Ask and ye shall receive."

The man wearing the hawaiian t-shirt and shorts reached out and a surge of black light flew at Yemhelch.

"Leave her out of this, you scum." Yemhelch growled as he stood up. His voice was different - thick with blood that had gotten into his mouth - and it was enough to make the paladins step back, their eyes widening in terror as the man they had left for dead stood up, his wounds seething and boiling as hundreds of tendrils knit themselves together - forming new skin and bone from the massive gash.

Even his face began to shift - the broken jaw setting itself and teeth growing out of the shattered gums like some sort of paper animation - and it was a terrifying sight to behold as he walked steadily towards the small crowd.

"D-demon! A demon!"

"Lumbra's light, save us..."

The younger paladin had different ideas - he grabbed Philena and pointed his dagger into her throat. "S-stay back, monster! Or your woman will die!"

Big mistake.

In an instant, he had plucked the man from the crowd and held him aloft in the air by his throat. "RUN!" he screamed at Philena, who quickly took cover. His voice. Something was very wrong with his voice. It roared, the rage and fury of thousands unified.

In an instant, he crushed the paladin's gorget with his bare hands, smashing the man's throat into pulp - and his arm exploded into hundreds of tendrils that tore through the thick steel plate, consuming the paladin's body alive as he moaned in agony. The empty suit of armor that was left served as a bowling ball which he hurled at several others.

"Die, demon!" the leader of the Paladins tossed aside his sword and began a powerful exorcism spell. Holy light began to flood the room - and then a massive bolt of darkness-destroying sanctified light smashed into the room, leaving the whole room billowing in smoke as several rafters were damaged and unloaded the contents of the second floor into the dining room.

Some of the less injured paladins managed a cheer at this - but as the smoke settled, Yemhelch stood unfazed. And just to taunt them, he mimed the actions of brushing dust off his shoulder. The devastating holy light has damaged his clothes, and now what was revealed was a horrifying spectacle - several mouths filled with sharp teeth sprouted from his body, and busily chewed at the light - creating an aura of absolute darkness around him.

"N-no... that was supposed to even banish archdaemons..." the paladin leader gasped in terror as Yemhelch calmly walked at them... only to cackle and flicker out like an illusion spell.

Silence.

"Where...?" the Paladin leader gasped as he readied his sword again.

A tap on his shoulder - his adjutant. He turned around, only to get a gauntlet-clad fist smashing into his face. His visor deflected the brunt of the blow, but it was enough to make him stagger. His long-time partner in the fight against sin let out an eerie cross between screaming and laughter as the visor pulled back to reveal his friend's face torn open - Yemhelch wearing the corpse like a hoodie in the armor!

"NO!"

Tendrils spiked out of the armor, blowing it up and severely injuring the crowd with the shrapnel and the corpse staggered out and fell to his knees as Yemhelch slid out of the gaping hole his throat left.

The paladin leader could not react as two gore-sotted hands grabbed him by the throat and smashed him through the walls - demolishing the dining room completely - killing several wounded paladins in the debris instantly.

"Who sent you?" he asked, his voice seething with rage.

"You f-foul demon... "

Not the answer he was looking for, so he grabbed the man by the throat and used his body like a jackhammer, smashing through another wall - this one more solid than most other walls. The paladin leader was now bloodied and bruised, and yet he was defiant.

"The Church... will destroy you, demon... along with your filthy friends in Dreamer's Hill..."

"Oh really, now?"

Breaking both of the Paladin's arms with a swift step kick, he pinned the man down and smashed his hand through the solid steel plate - the tendrils seeking new flesh and snaking into it. The paladin's howl of agony turned into laughter as his body was subverted by the light-eating horrors. Yemhelch stood back up, and coldly ordered him to march back to the Grand Catherdal where he was based off. The paladin protested weakly, knowing that he would be seen as a demon-thrall and killed, but a firm "Walk" had his feet shuffling away into the night.

"Now, your turn to help us." The man wearing the fancy suit and tie smiled. "Take the artifact - the Scepter of Selk and heal your body."

He moved his writhing body and looked at the torn-open safe.

"I'm sorry, Mikkael. I'll pay for the damages." he managed to whisper as his hands closed in on the gilded rod. White fire exploded from the Scepter of Selk, engulfing Yemhelch and weaving new flesh from where the monstrous tendrils and mouths sprouted - and there came the pain of his body being forcefully revived and bones being re-set. Staggering from agony, he fell down and watched as the last of the mouths ate the Scepter of Selk before vanishing into his body.

He turned his head weakly around, only to see Philena with a shocked expression on her face. She had seen everything. The last thing he saw before he passed out was her running to his side as several members of the Assassin's guild appeared in the collapsed dining room.

4 pcs.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:47 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Mikkael's sword rested in his hands as he shook hands with an old friend.

"The fight was quite fun, Hiroko." Mikkael stated. The vampire girl nodded with a smile.

"Thank you, Mikkael, this is the fourth round cleared. I look forward to seeing you fight with Kazeko. Surely, it will be a pleasure to watch."

Mikkael shook his head, "I come here not to fight Kazeko, but another. That said, my next opponent..."

Hiroko's face froze for a moment as she realized, "Your next opponent... Is him."

"Tarlak?" Mikkael asked, and yet she shook her head.

"No... It's-"

A blast of black energy occurred at that moment as Baphomatt landed in the arena, "It's me."

Mikkael's teeth clenched as he stared down the necromancer. His grin widened at seeing Mikkael, "So, it was you who dared challenge the arena... Funny, everything is going according to my plan. Goddess Umbraria was right about that..."

"I have no words for you, necromancer, only your death."

"Heh, maybe so. But your life ends here, Mikkael." Baphomatt taunted with an insane grin. He drew his staff and levitated into the air.

"Mikkael, be careful, something... Something isn't right here." Hiroko pleaded as she was escorted out of the arena.

"You foiled my plans Mikkael, and so I shall give you no quarter."

Mikkael readied himself for the duel.

Meanwhile, in the Assassin's Guild, as she sit next to the bed Yemhelch lay in, Philena gripped her chest with a sudden worry. Something terrible was about to happen, not just to Mikkael, but to everyone...

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 39  Next