Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 ASCII Arena 
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post ASCII Arena
I'm a little doped up on meds right now so this post wont make much sense.

"Once every Solar Cycle, the Four Elder Gods gather at the peak of Mt. Ihawia-su, to decide their champions by pitting them against beasts and monsters of the world.

The champions are placed in an arena, and monsters of increasing power and might are released into the arena. The last one surviving is named the Grand Champion, his or her race receives one boon from all six gods, and allowed to return home.

Rules:
Champions may not attack each other in the arena. Any attack aimed at another champion immediately causes the attacker to take the same damage. For example, if Champion 1 decapitates Champion 2, then Champion 1 is also decapitated, removing them both from play.

Single combat is only over when one side is killed off.

tl;dr
Become an elder god/demon/whatever, select a champion, and send him/her/himher to fight in the arena.

------
Gods [no slots open]

Name: Yhl'yooumu
God of Life, Death and Rebirth.
Dislikes: Cowardice.
Champion: Yiheek, human female berserker.

Yiheek stands at 5 feet, 11 inches. Although she stands mostly on all fours, only rarely standing upright. Her skin is pale, but slightly tan. She is approximately 25 earth years old. Her wild, black hair reaches down to her neck. Her arms and legs have lean muscle, and she wears a tattered loincloth that hangs from her hips. Her d-size breasts are uncovered, and she prefers to keep them that way. She first came to Yhl'yooumu's attention when she repeatedly slew the Bringers of Death and Rebirth that he had sent to harvest the souls of the dead. Pleasantly surprised by her tenacious grip on life and desperate tactics, Yhl'yooumu choose to appoint her as his champion. He named her Yiheek, after her war cries. She lives for the thrill of battle, and survival.

Her battle skills are fearsome; she uses her bare hands to punch, kick and maul her prey. A master of close-quarters combat and possessed of a murderous disposition, she strikes terror into the heart of her enemies by often using dismembered parts of her foes to bludgeon others to death.

-

who149 wrote:
I am Rin'zin. God of Intellect, Knowledge, and Magic.

I like Learning, but hate close mindedness. My Champion is the young and Knowledgeable Mi'lieen. An elf mage. Thy loli may be small, but she has much knowledge, and willing to grow.

She is 4 feet tall flat, blonde hair, green eyes. Since she was born, she asked questions, and learned about the world. She always had her nose in the book, and developed her magic when she was only 4. Over the years, she knew more then most of the adults. Eventually learning powerful magic, that matched the arch-wizards. Being gifted and knowledgeable, she did however lack much on the way of Strength. Save from lifting books she never really bothered doing anything physical. She does know Telekinesis though, good for lifting anything around 10 pounds with relative easy, up to 50 with difficulty. Besides that, she knows mostly fire spells, with a mix of general. She isn't too well against cold, and finds herself to cold. She is pretty fast, but lacks strength. She is smart, but lacks much defense.

She is the equivalent to a 13 year old, and has a tight fitting blue dress that goes down to her thighs. She wears black stockings, and long boots. She has a knife strapped to her thigh in emergencies, and carries scrolls in her stockings. Her robes give her slight defense in deflection, and her shoes are for speed. (If she can have that).

-
killjockey wrote:
Name: Sini Cmok
God of insanity, illusion
Dislikes: Humanity, Cats, imprisonment
Champion: Nojipmeč Chlusni, Dwarf male peasant.

Sini Cmok is a genderless deity of insanity that requires their followers to be completely devout. But for one to gaze upon Cmok means either death or loss of control of their minds. Most minds cannot handle the sight of the creature, who has been reduced to a physical form on the planet since their own god was trapped eons ago. Elves and Dwarves, the ancient races, mostly think of Cmok as evil and vile, even the evil subraces of those do not accept worship of Cmok. But a very few, outcasts of their respective societies, chose the path into madness. Sini Cmok accepts them as congregation if they survive being in the presence of their new master. Humans have an even lower survival rate and are considered by Cmok to be a blight on they're master's once beautiful planet. Laying dormant for periods of 78 years, most humans do not even survive from one awakening to the next. Cmok has again awoken after last being seen awake in 1936. And woke up angry.

Spoiler: show

Sini Cmok's champion, a Dwarven peasant named Nojipmeč Chlusni, has been a cultist for the past three awakenings. He showed himself as above the rest and quickly won Cmok's favor. In return, Cmok gave him a boon. The ability to influence minds. Weaker minds may go insane, though normal minds would see the world like a bad trip, verging on insanity like an inescapable dream. Stronger minds would still see the world as it is supposed to be, but objects or people no bigger than the person who's mind is being affected might appear or disappear at random.

-

Chaos wrote:
Name: Sen
God of War, Strategy and Fortune.
Dislikes: Lack of creativity , weakness.
Champion: [Vi][Human female thief]

Vi stands at 5 feet, 9 inches. Her stiletto heels give her a swaying gait. Her skin is light brown. She is approximately 19 earth years old. Her straight, dark hair reaches down to her hips. Her arms and legs have lean muscle, and she wears a jacket, miniskirt and tights that are easy to manoeuvre in. Her c-size breasts are covered by a leather corset armor. She wears a dark cloth hood in the shape of a fox's profile on her head. She has been serving Sen as an assistant of sorts since he defeated her in a huge gamble.

While not exactly a fighter, her high speed and agility makes her a dangerous opponent as she could step in, slash open a vital artery and leap back, and watch as her foe dies due to loss of blood. Wielding a Boon Dagger makes her even more dangerous as her natural skill with the knife is compounded by how absurdly sharp the weapon is.
Her most notable trait is how she her ability to stay well informed in almost any situation, offering vital information borne from her infiltration.

---------------------

Races [No slots open]
Race: Human
Dislikes: Elves, death, boredom.
Str+, Int-
Basic classes available: Warrior, berserker, thief, archer.
Advanced classes available: Assassin, healer, samurai.

Race: Elf
Dislikes: Fire, savagery, carpentry
Int+, Def-
Classes available: Archer, mage, healer.
Advanced classes available: Battlemage, sniper, bladesman.

Race: Dwarf
Dislikes: Alcohol-free drinks, boredom, death.
Def+, Spd-
Classes available: Miner, Warrior, Peasant.
Advanced classes available: Wrestler, Battlemage, healer.

Race: Cat
Dislikes: Swimming, hunger, humans.
Atk--, Def---, Spd+++, Int-
Classes available: Cat.
Advanced classes available: Nekomata.

-------------------------

Classes
Spoiler: show
Warrior
The Warrior is your everyday hero, out to seek fame and glory. Fights best with a short sword and shield, and wears almost any armor very well. Strong and skilled with the blade, the warrior receives 2 points of strength.

Berserker
A wild human from uncharted lands. Their fighting style befits more of the wild beast than of man. Extremely savage and instinctual, they receive 3 points of strength. However, their focus on physical power drains their intelligence by one point.

Thief
A nimble expert in hit-and-run attacks, the thief uses daggers and knives instead of swords and shields. Lightly armored and fast on
their feet, the thief receives a 3 point bonus on their speed. However, their focus on light armor leaves them vulnerable to heavy, precise attacks - draining their defense by one point.

Assassin (Needs 3 boons to unlock)
The thief, on steroids. Very skilled with daggers, and faster than the average thief. Has a 20% chance to carry out a certain kill when
aiming for weak points. The Assassin receives 4 points to attack and speed, and as always, their focus on lightweight armor built for agility and speed causes them to lose 1 defense point.

Healer (Needs 2 boons to unlock)
A shaman. A lifetime of studying herbs and natural curealls have made the healer a deadly opponent; the healer can fix their injuries, while poisoning the opponent. Their study of self-defense and herbs give them a point in defense and intelligence.

Samurai. (Needs 4 boons to unlock)
An extremely skilled swordsman, who has studied the way of the warrior for many years. Wielding a sword that they forged by themselves, they pride themselves for their swift swordsmanship. The samurai receives 2 points for attack and three points in speed.

Archer
Equipped with a bow and a quiver of arrows, the archer can aim for an enemy's weak points from a distance. Light and nimble on their feet, but weak on melee attack, the archer gains 1 point in speed and defense.

Mage
Eschewing blade and force, these adepts in the art of magic use the mind as a weapon. From projecting fireballs to magical healing, these masters of mystery gain 2 points of intelligence, and as all wizards are squishy, suffers from one minus point in defense.

Battlemage (Needs 3 boons to unlock)
The battlemage is a master of the arcane, having learned to focus the mystical forces of the astral plane in the heat of battle. Their extended learning gives them 5 points of intelligence, but their advanced age causes them to lose 2 points of defense.

Sniper (Needs 6 boons to unlock)
Wielding a massive greatbow, and following the sniper's creed, this class is deadly against large beasts. Skilled in camoflage and using whatever cover they can to attack from a range. Like the archer, they're weak at melee attacks, and work best when working with others. The sniper gains 6 points of attack, and due to the sheer weight of the greatbow, loses 1 speed point.

Bladesman.(Needs 4 boons to unlock)
See samurai.

Miner
Most dwarves are miners - hardy, stout workers who can endure high temperatures and work with many materials. Able to create weapons from almost any materials, these tough peoples of the deep can be a deadly opponent. Due to their rough work and life, they gain 2 points of attack and defense.

Peasant.
Don't be surprised at the tenacity of these scythe-wielding jack of all trades. The peasant gains no bonuses whatsoever, but starts off with a single boon, because he or she has impressed the gods by entering a tournament for great warriors.

Wrestler (Needs 4 boons to unlock)
A master of melee combat, deadly chokeholds, bone-breaking attacks and throws. The wrestler has no ranged attacks except for throwing what he or she can find. The wrestler's dedication to attack training adds 5 points of attack, and 2 points of speed.

Cat.
A harmless domesticated cat. No bonuses whatsoever, but starts off with two boons from the gods. Because cats are cute as fuck.

Nekomata. (Needs 10 boons to unlock)
A powerful cat shaman. Once a cat who has lived and seen many things. The Nekomata gains 10 points in speed and 2 points in attack, intelligence and speed. Attacks with a combination of claws, magic and mystical energy.

Boons.
A weapon, to strike down your enemies?
Armor, to protect your body from harm?
Food, to sate your hunger?
Healing, upon your mortal bodies?
Resurrection, to bring back a fallen comrade?
All boons, except for resurrection, are dependent on a god's favor.
The higher a god's favor to their champion, the stronger the effects of the boon.

4 pcs.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:45 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Registered users
Post Re: ASCII Arena
Whoa, i mean WOW, humans really don't like death, and all these champions, NO SPOTS for new classes, TOO MUCH ALREADY... I'm hyperventilating myself to death just thinking about it, and I am not a fan of death so ... That contingency plan.

Elves, they don't like elves. And I thought why don't they like elves? And then next to like I"m looking at this and I'm seeing GARDENING next to elves. GARDENING!!?!$ It's like that must be the reason, cuz humans hate gardening! It's like really tough and stuff, and they're more likely to like it if it's virtual and in a game or something, Something simple like growing a rose or something makes them happy, but it's so stressful being out there doing that, so they must not like that elves can do it for real!

Why? And look at the cat's likes and stuff. This is all I just need to calm down, not think of all this garden envy, like i mean seriously, people take it really serious, and like.. People in the city claim they wanna do it so they actually have to buy plots, like little areas where they grow their biz.... I don't know if it's barb wired or whatnot, but it's like "man, if i wasn't in this city big city i'd just have me a little piece of land and grow like a shrimp cocktail lookin rose that the guys at the bar would be like "damn, that looks like it belongs in the sea" or some biz, but WOW that wouldn't make sense cuz you'd live elsewhere, in the deep desert valley where they have taverns instead, wait desert you ghro w cacti, see it's just too complex.. You could build like a green room or something, but then the ants would come and eemolish it, and you'd be sitting in traffic just to get to the plot and madmaryanne margarine abuser will get the better flower because she's got friend in pointy places. I guess that's why humans and elves don't necessarily get along!

Wwait, back to the story and not the plot, I'll have to go back and REALLY study it because I got lost when I saw gardening and I'm not brave enough to click the spoiler in classes but after clicking send and calming down i'll click on it and check it out just give me some time and you might have to remind me okay done SEND

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:00 am
Profile E-mail
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Special Access

I like Learning, but hate close mindedness. My Champion is the young and Knowledgeable Mi'lieen. An elf mage. Thy loli may be small, but she has much knowledge, and willing to grow.

She is 4 feet tall flat, blonde hair, green eyes. Since she was born, she asked questions, and learned about the world. She always had her nose in the book, and developed her magic when she was only 4. Over the years, she knew more then most of the adults. Eventually learning powerful magic, that matched the arch-wizards. Being gifted and knowledgeable, she did however lack much on the way of Strength. Save from lifting books she never really bothered doing anything phsyical. She does know Telekinesis though, good for lifting anything around 10 pounds with relative easy, up to 50 with difficulty. Besides that, she knows mostly fire spells, with a mix of general. She isn't too well against cold, and finds herself to cold. She is pretty fast, but lacks strength. She is smart, but lacks much defense.

She is the equivalent to a 13 year old, and has a tight fitting blue dress that goes down to her thighs. She wears black stockings, and long boots. She has a knife strapped to her thigh in emergices, and carries scrolls in her stockings. Her robes give her slight defense in deflection, and her shoes are for speed. (If she can have that)

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
who149 wrote:

Accepted! Please describe your Champion.

4 pcs.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:15 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: 1991
Name: Sini Cmok
God of insanity, illusion
Dislikes: Humanity, Cats, imprisonment
Champion: Nojipmeč Chlusni, Dwarf male peasant.

Sini Cmok is a genderless deity of insanity that requires their followers to be completely devout. But for one to gaze upon Cmok means either death or loss of control of their minds. Most minds cannot handle the sight of the creature, who has been reduced to a physical form on the planet since their own god was trapped eons ago. Elves and Dwarves, the ancient races, mostly think of Cmok as evil and vile, even the evil subraces of those do not accept worship of Cmok. But a very few, outcasts of their respective societies, chose the path into madness. Sini Cmok accepts them as congregation if they survive being in the presence of their new master. Humans have an even lower survival rate and are considered by Cmok to be a blight on they're master's once beautiful planet. Laying dormant for periods of 78 years, most humans do not even survive from one awakening to the next. Cmok has again awoken after last being seen awake in 1936. And woke up angry.

Sini Cmok's champion, a Dwarven peasant named Nojipmeč Chlusni, has been a cultist for the past three awakenings. He showed himself as above the rest and quickly won Cmok's favor. In return, Cmok gave him a boon. The ability to influence minds. Weaker minds may go insane, though normal minds would see the world like a bad trip, verging on insanity like an inescapable dream. Stronger minds would still see the world as it is supposed to be, but objects or people no bigger than the person who's mind is being affected might appear or disappear at random.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:50 pm
Level 4
Level 4

Cash on hand:
Group: Їи$aиїту
Name: Sen
God of War, Strategy and Fortune.
Dislikes: Lack of creativity , weakness.
Champion: [Vi][Human female thief]

Vi stands at 5 feet, 9 inches. Her stiletto heels give her a swaying gait. Her skin is light brown. She is approximately 19 earth years old. Her straight, dark hair reaches down to her hips. Her arms and legs have lean muscle, and she wears a jacket, miniskirt and tights that are easy to manoeuvre in. Her c-size breasts are covered by a leather corset armor. She wears a dark cloth hood in the shape of a fox's profile on her head. She has been serving Sen as an assistant of sorts since he defeated her in a huge gamble.

While not exactly a fighter, her high speed and agility makes her a dangerous opponent as she could step in, slash open a vital artery and leap back, and watch as her foe dies due to loss of blood. Wielding a Boon Dagger makes her even more dangerous as her natural skill with the knife is compounded by how absurdly sharp the weapon is.
Her most notable trait is how she her ability to stay well informed in almost any situation, offering vital information borne from her infiltration.

1 pcs.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:28 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
The appointed day dawns, and as the sun's rays touch the peaks of the foreboding mountain!

The peak is sundered into four realms!

A field of lava, for the followers of Rin'zin. These masters of wizardry are skilled enough to float over the boiling conflagration.

A deep abyss, for the followers of Yhl'yooumu. Most of them are spectral beings, mostly death reapers, life-seeders and such strange beings.

A maelstromic sea for the followers of Sini Cmok. The sea is a beguiling challenge for anyone to stay afloat in - the sort of home preferred by the cultists of the God of Trickery.

A stone floor, marked by tiling squares. The floor is brown stone, and the black obsidian linings decorate the surface. It is clearly a nod to Sen's favourite game, Baduk.

In the middle, upon a platform raised about 1 meter from the ground, the champions emerge from the pit!.

With the salutatory gladiatorial cheers over, the champions stand in line... and face down Bout 1: The Ice Wolf!

A fell beast from the far northlands, larger than the average wolf, magicked with foul energy that drives it to bloodshed. It's breath is cold winter, and its claws bitter ice.

4 pcs.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 4
Level 4

Cash on hand:
Group: Їи$aиїту
*Sen stands over the arena watching with a face of complete focus, mouth pulled into a smirk*
"Vi, Get up on a pillar, observe the creatures movements from above and get one of your allies to act as bait."
The last part of them message, of course, was sent telepathically.
He saw her nod. Hardly a movement but clear as day.

so, the battle had begun.

1 pcs.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Special Access
I shout my adorable Loli Mage distinct Orders! She is of Fire, while the wolf is of Ice! She shall move forward and cast a powerful spell of fire against the dreaded wolf! Showing all she is above them!

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: 1991
Chlusni looked as his competitors, sizing them up. They didn't look to be much, no other Dwarves, which surprised him. He sighed, knowing that looks could be deceiving and just leaned on his scythe and watched as the others went to work. The medium sized one talked with their master. Chlusni knew his master's will without needing to talk to them. It's part of the point of the heavy worship. Cmok down in the pool, swam pleasantly happy with the conditions of the water, their acceptance shown through them breaking through the water and making indescribably noises. Chlusni heard high pitched yelling and noted the young mage taking an aggressive stance. "At last, something interesting might happen."

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]