Reply to topic  [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 39  Next
 Chronicles of Jungalore: Rise of Dragons 
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Arcade Corps
Post Re: Chronicles of Jungalore Main RP Thread
"Ah, Mikkael. Mikkael Altans is my name." The meridian spellsword responded, sitting down. He signaled for one of the waitresses to bring him a tankard of mead and was quick to down it when he had finally arrived. The taste was different than that of the beverages served in Vex Vinas and back at home in the ocean caverns.

"You are...?" Mikkael asked, his voice trailing off as he noticed a familiar figure eying the party from a corner. The man in the dark grey coat quickly disappeared with a smile and he turned his attention back to the three humans in front of him. The gentleman who greeted him was clearly gazing at his different features. Perhaps he hadn't seen a meridian before. Though, this was unsurprising since even in Vex Vinas there was some form of disgust towards his race.

He took another drink of the mead, awaiting their responses.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
"Yemhelch's the name". he replied. "I was supposed to visit Vex Vinas and look up some books, but due to some unfortunate incidents, I've been sidetracked and I'm going with her to Selk for what she says is a scientific expedition. Hey, I need the money."

Noticing that the newcomer had noticed his cursory visual inspection, he bowed slightly. "Ah yeah, I'm sorry for the starin', but I've never really seen one of you before. Sure, there's rumors and books, but that's really nothing compared to actually talking to on- whoa, you downed that mead pretty fast..."

"I can do better than that!" Chika challenged Mikkael. "Waiter! Large tankard of mead!"

Natsuki seemed to groan at this.

4 pcs.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:13 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Mikkael chuckled a little, "Well, it's nothing to worry about, seems most people don't really associate with us due to our connections. I'm here on personal business though, getting away from the scholars up north for a while to do some actual exploring. I've actually been to Selk once before, the place can be pretty dangerous, but it's worth the visit."

He noted the girl drinking the large mug of mead, but decided to not compete. Too much booze would restrict his senses, plus he didn't really consider himself much of a drinker.

"In any case, who're the other two?" Mikkael asked, turning to the girl with the light blue hair groaning at the display in front of her and the other girl chugging down entire mugs of ale in mere seconds.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"A WINNER ISH MEE!" Chika yelled, pointing an accusatory finger at Mikkael's face."And I'll marry into money. Chika ish *hic* so luckyyyy."

With that, she slumped down - quite dead drunk.

"Not again..." Yemhelch facepalmed as he managed to pull her to him. Carefully balancing her with his shoulders, he stood up and left the money for the drinks.

"I need to get her back to her dorm room." he said. "Could you two wait for me? I think we can start our trip first thing tomorrow morning."

4 pcs.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
"It's no worry. There's always someone like that in every Level." Natsuki sighed as she watched the two walk out of the tavern.

"Well, I'll explain - we're going to the bay, south of Selk to study, and take samples of an annual jellyfish migration. This is an official scientific expedition backed by the Magus guild - so rest assured that you will be paid fairly for your efforts, along with an accredited quest clearance."

"As we're going right into bandit/pirate territory, I expect you to be able to put up a fight, when it comes to that."

"Any questions so far?"

Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:37 pm
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Mikkael shook his head. "Seems straightforward to me, but I'm not around for the money. Just the adventure." He then remembers to mention, "If you don't mind, another meridian will be joining us. She's kind of special in her own way, but is mostly following due to our partnership back at Vex Vinas. No combat will be done on her part, merely observance and scribe-work."

With that he motions his head to the giant blade strapped to his back, "That said, I've got this and a whole lot of willpower, we'll do fine."

((Side note: Philena will probably be the most useless member in terms of combat. lololol))

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
A member of a rival mage-faction, she thought to herself as Mikkael mentioned his travelling companion. This trip is proving to be more and more interesting. It'd cause some trouble farther out, but between herself as support, the spellsword on defense, and that bottle-fairy woman and her drinkaholic boyfriend would do quite well in defense.

"After all, even bandits can burn, don't you think?" she finished with a knowing smile. As she finished her drink and put her notes away in her sachel, she noticed Yemhelch coming back - now in a different outfit. Gone was his large, billowy robe. Now he was dressed in a simple cloak, linen shirt and hewn trousers.

A peasant, she thought to herself. Gotta admit, few ever become more than farmworkers and help - but there were always exceptions to the rule, especially so that he had seemingly gone through several lessons with his teacher.

"Huh, so where's the loudmouth?" she asked Yemhelch as he sat back down.

Tue May 03, 2016 8:42 am
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"You do realize that downing 6 tankards of bumblebrush mead is sufficient to cause dead-drunk level inebriation, yes?" he replied.

"Well, that happened. And yeah, I don't want to look like I'm a kidnapper or anything, what with me carrying someone dead-drunk like that."

He finished and reached for the remaining bit of ale, to fill his nearly-empty ale waterskin.

"So, I slipped back to my regular clothes and came back. I do have a question on our little adventure... How much are we getting paid?"

4 pcs.

Mon May 09, 2016 12:25 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
"20,000 legens for each of you when we return, along with some extras up front for weapons and supplies." she replied as she appraised his new gear. Lightly armored, and he looked fast on his feet, and able to carry heavy loads despite looking older than most adventurers.

"So, you intending to be a scout or an archer?"

Sun May 15, 2016 4:42 pm
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
((Jungalore v1.14 has been uploaded. DOWNLOAD IT YOU.

In this update, I've added the apple merchant Gloria. If you are feeling a bit hungry, be it for something nutritious or for some levels, Gloria will sell you an apple once per real week. Apples are rare and considered a delicacy, so they not only have a buying limit, but are expensive, at 100k Legens per apple. Gloria herself can also only be found in certain towns on certain days. She does not travel to some towns for reasons involving either the unknown existence of locations (Demeter), or just being unable to due to her race as a human (New Meridia). Regardless, her schedule is as follows...

Sunday: Cyndar
Monday: Wynd Bay
Tuesday: Cita Den
Wednesday: Vel Da Ir
Thursday: Vex Vinas
Friday: Selk
Saturday: Frenga Farms

The main addition that I want to address, though, is the addition of various new skills. These were all inspired by various skills from Ragnarok Online since I've been playing a lot of that recently (hence why it took over a month to get this update out, woops). Assassins will enjoy the addition of Rolling Cutter Rotation Blades, as well as Cross Ripper Slasher Spinning Cutter. There's also a lot of new skills for Priests to make their support role a lot easier, but the best addition in my opinion is the new ultimate spells for Warlocks, Sages, Bishops, and Demonologists. Other skills have also been introduced for other classes, so be sure to check out the class guide for more of an idea on who gets what.

That's it for this update. Happy adventuring!))

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat May 28, 2016 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
((For the sake of ease, I'm distinguishing my characters by text colour as well from now on. Eiryk will be something of a blue, while Mikkael will be something like purple.))

Mikkael shrugged, "Whatever you're planning, I'm ready to head out. I'll meet you both outside." Upon saying that, he exited the tavern and met up with Philena once more. Giving her a slight wave, she took a skip over to him where he smiled with a nod.

"We have ourselves a party. We're heading to Selk, should be pretty easy if I do say so myself."

"Mikkael, don't be too over-confident." The meridian girl giggled, "By the way, I managed to beat up some morpho and other creatures while you were away. Have some Legens for your birthday.~"

"Oh, you're too kind." Mikkael replied, taking the 1000 Legens from her. He felt a little stronger as well, knowing he had a supportive member of the group cheering him on. He then simply sat on a bench with the girl awaiting his party members.

--------------------------------------------------

Link

The church bell echoed signifying the beginning of another hour. Inside were many believers of the God of Light, Lumbra, praying to the lord with total faith. Among them sat a scholar, Eiryk Advento. Though he studied the ways of knowledge, he had an unwavering faith in the God which birthed Jungalore from his very flesh.

As the song came to an end, a bishop walked up to the altar. Smiling, he spread his arms and spoke unto the audience.

"Oh children of Lumbra, let us remember this day as the day of awakening for many of you. So many these days walk a twisted path, but it is you chosen persons who shall bring about the salvation of the world when the time comes to eventually rebuild from the destruction." The bishop pauses and looks up through the stained glass windows. "As many of you know, dark times are ahead. Prophecies of unknown consequence are being uttered in the streets. Through your loyalty, it shall be that Lumbra will not only makes his presence known to the world again, but all of your sins shall be forgiven as well."

"All of my sins..." Eiryk thought. The idea continued to work through his mind. He had always found safety with the Lumbraic church, and was always working to help them. On this day, he felt particularly inclined to look more into the matter regarding the prophecy. Yet he knew not where to begin. He knew only that he'd be attempting to secure a brighter future for himself and others in Jungalore.

Nevertheless, it was on this day that he decided to step out of town for the first time in forever.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue May 31, 2016 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Getting new gear for the expedition, Yemhelch looked over the items he'd bought. 4 sets of knives - a scout bow with a counterweight stabilizer, dried beef, a bag of corned corn, a brown/sand tanned leather hooded cloak and finally, a pair of proper fitted boots.

The map he'd gotten from the library (and fortunately not burnt) indicated that Selk was a sandy region. As he entered the city plaza, he lowered his hood over his eyes - mimicking the crowds as they set out into the morning.

He smiled to himself as he passed by a militia patrol. As he turned the corner, he heard a loud bell ring in the distance. Was it some sort of alarm?

He didn't have much time to investigate - the tavern was just up ahead. As he approached, he saw the spellsword they had talked to earlier with another mage. This must've been the woman he had mentioned. He waved at them as he stepped up.

"So, trip all planned out?"

4 pcs.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:12 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
"Getting away from scholars, huh?" Natsuki smiled to herself as she watched Mikkael stride out of the taven to meet his friend.

"I'm afraid it won't be so easy."

-

She inspected her gear before stepping out of the tavern - a gnarled oak staff with a ring foci, cloth armguards, a simple tunic that fit snugly in her billowing cloak and a few rations - proper poultry and grain instead of what those peasants back in Frenga Farms were eating.

Content with her selection, she wore the armguards and adjusted the straps of her tunic under her robe as she stepped outside. She spotted the spellsword - and as she had suspected, a member of a rival House! She would have to be careful around that one...

As the bell rang, she also spotted Yemhelch walking over, a curved reflex bow in hand, and what seemed to be a slung bag of supplies. Her eyes were drawn to the hewn boots he was wearing and she smiled to himself.

"Someone's done their research."

-

They finally met together, and she explained the route they would take. With all explanations and plans done, she wiped her brow.

Philena was her name. And she asked why they couldn't take a carriage.

"For one, it'd attract attention. If one group of bandits knows that a trio of travelers are on a carriage, they'll warn their compatriots. This isn't a RPG game with random monsters, in case you noticed."

"Second, a vehicle would be harder to defend - especially what with the sandy terrain in Selk. We get our wheels stuck - that's that. We're sitting ducks with a good deal of money going to repairing that cart. No further questions?"

Everyone nodded and she continued. "We meet at the city gates by sunrise tomorrow. Agreed? Everyone just get a good night of sleep - we'll be hiking hard tomorrow morning."

Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:00 pm
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Mikkael nodded in agreement, and with those plans in mind, he decided to rest until the departure time.

--------------------------------------------------

The beaten rod had new footprints, and the grass had become sufficiently weathered from the magic being cast by Eiryk. Few people actually knew Eiryk in his time living in Cyndar, but what the people who do know him say is that he is on a path of redemption. Cold in his demeanor, but strong willed, he continued to set an example for new initiates, despite being that himself.

"Eiryk, why are you so strict in your proceedings?" They would ask.

"Because even without the titles indicative of a high position, I find that I must live up to the same standards as such persons." He would answer.

After turning in requests for blue gems, he decided to spend some time reading in the cathedral's library on magic crafting.

((New update coming soon.))

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Dawn broke clear, with a few wispy clouds in the north melting away as the first rays of the sun illuminated the sky. Natsuki had finished her morning meditation exercises, and was walking to the grand gates south of the city.

"Much as I'd like to go alone..." she thought to herself as she watched several adventuring parties band and rendezvous here before heading out. "I really should have studied offensive magic instead of alchemy and potion-making."

She arrived at the gates, and walking past a Knights Patrol, she sat at a plaza bench and watched the gates. They would be coming. They'd better be coming.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 39  Next