Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 How to make a 'Lens of Truth' like in zelda 
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post How to make a 'Lens of Truth' like in zelda
ok developers, check this shit out, I made a file for youse so j00 bett4r appreciate it!

this actually bugged the fuck out of me while I was going through features in old games and trying to replicate them in blender.

I thought it would be an overlay scene or another layer, I was wrong.

what you'll need: 2 copies of your game scenes separated by skyboxes (those things we past sky and distance images on all panorama view like). they should be complete copies including a camera, coding and such etc. EXCEPT one should have the hidden stuff's graphics and collision geometry in it and lack the graphics of things which are supposed to be "not there", and the other skybox should have the graphics for the stuff that's "fake" or "not really there" but no collision geometry, and have ONLY collision geometry for the hidden stuff.

then in the "Truth" skybox; place a mesh plane/panel in front of the camera with an image with transparent shape(S) and all the rest should be Opaque (not transparent) this causes the camera in that skybox to only render things through your self made hole(s).

in the next skybox do the same but make the texture completely blank (you following? the image should be fully alpha transparent you monkeyhippo fucker!) now set the material of that plane to transparent and set the material's Alpha to around 75%, enter edit mode and unwrap the fucker to fill the image zone!.

now teh magic j00 fuckhead!

As I made here: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/38930

notice everything has unique names and shit? yeah, that's important. the UV texture should have a unique name, the materials should have unique names and the camera you're rendering the "truth" from should have a unique name, and you better remember that shit cause you need to enter it in the game logic editor as shown in the file you see there.

OH, if the textures I used are missing you'll need these;

http://i66.tinypic.com/330se9l.png

http://i65.tinypic.com/fkwky1.png

from the description above you should know where they go.

then you will also need the fucking python script shown there in the main file.

after that you be cruisin teh truth yo!!

also if you want to runt he game file press 'p' in object mode. to activate/deactivate the lens of truth press the C-button muthashmucker.

hint your dumb ass can move with teh arrow keys as per usual. I mean for fucks sake do I really need to explain that?.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.

Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:29 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]