Katawa Shoujo. (Playthrough 1) 
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post Re: Katawa Shoujo. (Playthrough 1)
Obligatory BGM
Her enthusiastic statement of the obvious makes people around us stare, but Misha doesn't seem to care so we proceed to the line.

Image: (chuckles)Well, she's nuts.

Shizune, on the other hand, seems indifferent.

Maybe it's one of those advantages of being completely deaf?

There is a rather long list of menu options, which seems great until I realize that many of them are to accommodate students who need special diets.

How nice. It almost feels like I'm back at the hospital, eating portions measured with scientific precision to meet the needs of the patients.

I pick something at random and follow Shizune to a table, sitting opposite of her.

As I nibble indifferently at the food I'd rather not eat, Misha pokes me in the side to get my attention and points to Shizune.

Image: "..."

I don't understand sign, so the point escapes me.

Maybe looking at a person who "talks" to you is proper and polite?

Image: Do you want to know something?

Image: What?

Image: About anything! We're your guides so you should ask if there is something~!

Image: Oh great, I can hear her Wahahaha~ ing in my head now... :confused

Image: Hmm, I wonder...

Image: Oh, yeah. Is there a library in the school? Lately I've gotten into reading a lot so I'd like to check it out.

Misha gives the kind of frown that makes it clear she doesn't consider reading a healthy hobby, but then picks up her smile again.

Image: There is~! It's in the second floor, we can show it to you sometime!

Image: Thanks.

I return to my food while the girls talk between themselves.

Misha and Shizune sign back and forth very animatedly, throwing sideway glances at me but Misha refrains from translating.

Maybe they are talking about feminist secret girl stuff or something.

I quickly notice a conversation in sign is not enough to fill a silence.

BGM - Daylight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzCJASxRdTQ

We arrive in the classroom early, but we're not the first.

She jumps a little when Misha crashes into the room with the elegance of a rhino.

Actual footage of said event

She shrinks deeper into her seat. I can feel her tension all the way from here, as if she were slowly turning into stone just from our presence.

Image: (mumble) If she does, she's definitely Stone Kirby.

Misha and Shizune either don't notice or don't mind it, as they walk directly past her to their seats and begin to converse.

I'm left wondering about her, even when the classroom slowly fills with other students and finally, the teacher.

Getting into the rhythm of school feels strange; it's as if my brain remembers how this is done, but my body doesn't.

Towards the end of the class I start yawning and counting the minutes left.

I shouldn't be this tired on my first day of school.

Maybe it's the long time I spent in the hospital that made me like this. I'm even feeling physically weak and lifeless.

Before long, the final bell rings.

School is finally over for the day.

Beside me, Misha and Shizune are having a short conversation. After a bit of deliberation, Misha turns to me.

Image: LONG LIVE JJLEHTO!

Image: Huh?

Image:...Nothing. :P

Image: Unfortunately we can't stay and show you around today, Hicchan. We've got to hurry already, since there is a lot of work for us to do.

Image: You'll find your way around here, I'm sure of it.

Image: Ah, wait! The teacher said I'd have to see the nurse. Where do I have to go?

Image: Is that so? We can at least show you that much~!

Image: Come on, the nurses have their own building, so we have to go outside.

We join the flow of students making their way down the stairwell and outside, with the girls pointing out other senior classrooms in the same hallway as ours.

When we get outside, the girls make their way to the smaller building right next to the school.

It's built in the same style, so it looks like it's actually a part of the main building.

Image: ...

Image: This is the auxiliary building here. There's a lot of official and important stuff inside, like the Yamaku Foundation office and all the nurses' offices. They even have a swimming pool!

I close my eyes and imagine Shizune and Misha in school swimsuits. Maybe coming here wasn't such a bad idea...

Image: How is that official?

Image: Don't be silly, Hicchan! It's for physical therapy of course.

Image: Anyway, all the nursing staff facilities are in there too. The head nurse's office is on the first floor.

Image: You'll be fine from here, right~? We'll be going, then! See you tomorrow!

Image: Yeah, thanks. Bye.

A whole building for stuff that has nothing to do with the actual education?

I guess it's necessary for a place like this.

Phew. I somehow managed not to get taken for a ride.

I walk in, hoping that this really will be only a quick visit like the teacher said.

On a white door on the left is a green cross with the text "Head Nurse" and a nameplate.

A voice from the inside responds to my knock almost immediately, but I can't quite make it out.

It sounded a bit like an invitation to open the door, so I invite myself further in.

The room is not large and it smells strange. A friendly-looking man turns around on his office chair to face me as I enter.

His desk is neat and tidy, but the bin under the table is overflowing with used medical utensils and there are at least a dozen coffee-cup rings lingering on the desk.

BGM - Ah Eh I Oh You

Smiling man: "Hello there. What can I do for you today?"

He is young-looking and sort of rugged, but the dimples in his cheeks wash that impression away when he smiles. His face appears to be completely, memetically replaced with a strange pixel photograph that tugged at my memories.

Image: "Erm, are you the nurse?"

He smiles like a person who has heard this very same question hundreds of times.

Smiling man: Why yes, I am. It says so on the door, no?

Image: Actually, no. I was confused because of your face...

Suddenly realizing that he was wearing a Laughing Man mask, he pulls it off, then grins wryly.

Image: You can call me by my name or just 'the nurse' like everyone else.

Of course. I shake off my confusion, realizing I probably should grab his extended hand. His handshake is rather firm and friendly.

Image: Right... err, I'm a new student and my homeroom teacher told me to come and meet you. My name is Hisao Nakai.

His eyes light up with revelation and he snaps his fingers.

Image: Oh you're THAT Nakai. I was just reading your file in the morning.

Image: Some kind of chronic arrhythmia and related congenital heart muscle deficiency, right?

He gestures me to sit down in a vacant armchair in front of his desk.

Image: Eh, yes.

Image: Good. Well, you've probably been briefed about the school enough, so I'll just go over this quickly.

Image: We have all kinds of facilities available, mostly physical therapy and such.

Image: There's always someone from my staff around, even at night, so never hesitate to call us if there is a problem.

The famous twenty-four-hour nursing staff.

Image: Wow, this is like a hospital.

Image: Well, not exactly. For instance, we don't do brain surgery here.

His joke feels so out of place that I'm left thinking why he even said it.

Link

Image: Yeah... just that it's really weird to have so many medical people at a school.

Image: You'll get used to it.

I'm not so sure of that myself but I don't let the nurse know it.

Image: Now, let me just find your file again...

While he searches for something from his computer and shuffles stacks of papers around, I let my gaze wander around the room.

It's the epitome of generic, I'd like to say.

Beige walls and ceiling, dark gray laminate flooring, and all the equipment you'd expect from a school nurse's office.

Even the ridiculous educational posters are hanging on all four walls, reminding me to eat properly - three times a day and from all the food groups.

Smiling, the nurse draws a thick file from a stack of smiliarly thick files and opens it.

Image: So, you already have medication for the arrhythmia, just remember to take your pills every morning and evening or it won't be much help.

Image: Apart from that... do you do any sports? Rash stuff like... I don't know, boxing?

He grins to his own joke but I don't.

Image: Eh, well. I played soccer occasionally with some classmates.

Image: All right, I'm afraid I'm going to have to recommend you refrain from doing that. At least, for the time being.

Image: Oh.

My lack of reaction makes him raise an eyebrow, but really, I'm not too bothered by him forbidding me to kick a ball around.

I guess I never did it out of burning passion for the sport. Just to have something to do.

Image: Any kind of concussion might be very dangerous to your heart and risking another attack is not a good idea.

Image: Was the previous one caused by a sudden concussion to the chest area? There is no mention of the cause in your papers.

Image: The lesser you know, the better.

Image: Huh?

Image: Err... not exactly.

I sidestep the question acceptably, and he glances at me over his papers, with a more serious expression on his face.

Image: Still, you need to keep your body healthy so some exercise would do you good.

Image: We have physical therapy and such available as I said, but I don't think you really need such heavy measures.

Image: Just get some light exercise regularly.

Image: Brisk walks or even light jogging, jumping rope, that sort of thing. Swimming, maybe? There's a pool here.

Image: You heard that, Loffy? Brisk walks.

Image: So I was told.

Image: You were? Very good.

Image: At any rate, and I'm sure you've been told this before, you just need to take care not to overexert yourself.

He wags his finger to emphasize the point. No need really, I've heard this a thousand times already.

Image: Absolutely no unnecessary risks. Take care of yourself.

Image: Okay.

He goes over my papers one more time and sets them on the desk, obviously content.

Image: Good. That's it, then. Come meet me if you ever need something.

I'm ushered out before I even realize it. A quick visit, indeed.

BGM - Stride

I end up standing in front of the main building and the auxiliary building, although to my eyes, they still look one and the same.

It's the first real look I get at the other students, so I watch people coming out of the school, going towards the gate or the dorms.

Everyone seems to know where they are going.

And I still keep thinking that most of them don't look too special for being students at a special school. Then again, neither do I.

Does that make me one of them? One of us?

I should go somewhere too, to prevent me from getting lost.

It's around dinnertime, but I feel tired instead of hungry.

The weariness in me only grows as I trudge towards the dorms, set a little way apart from the main building complex.

There is a garden of sorts between the school and the dorms; shrubbery, flowers, and that overbearing smell of fresh cut grass that fills the atmosphere.

It dawns on my tired mind that the smell feels novel because I haven't been outside at all for so long.

The dorm building is big and made of red brick. Like the others, it feels way too pompous for what it is, so I push forward, going inside.

It takes more time than necessary to fish out the key I was given from my pocket.

Image: Room one-one-nine...

Despite the ornate exterior, the inside of the dorm is fairly new, functional, and boring.

Just like in the main building, the halls and doors are wide to accommodate wheelchairs. The same goes for the elevators and the ends of the hallways.

I poke my head around the corner of the common room door.

Inside a few students are watching the television.

One nods and gives a quick "hello" before turning back to the TV.

Seems that only the girls around here are sociable. I suppose that's perfectly fine with me.

Image: Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Image: Maybe it's because... heh...

I climb the stairs to the upper floor.

Here, small corridors branch off from the main hallway.

Each of these minor halls seems to have a toilet and shower, as well as four rooms.

About halfway down the hall, I spy room 119.

The name plates on the rooms adjacent to mine are blank. I guess there are just two of us here.

Light shines from below the door of room 117, so I knock lightly.

Image: Hello, is anyone home?

From inside, I hear a few movements, then the clicking of way more locks than I thought these doors had. After a moment the door squeaks open.

BGM - Out of the loop

A bespectacled boy is standing in the doorway. He is looking at me very intently through his extremely thick eyeglasses.

???: Who is it?

Blind? No, at least not completely, why would he have eyeglasses if he was?

He leans closer to me until our noses are almost touching. His breath stinks of garlic.

Image: Hisao Nakai... I'm moving into the next room. I thought I should introduce my...

His face suddenly brightens in realization, and he stands back upright, thrusting his hand out in a smiling greeting, almost straight to my diaphragm.

???: Oh, 'sup dude? The name's Kenji.

Kenji. A man born to inherit the legendary Shaman Eyes - the man that would someday battle destiny itself for the fate of the world...

My memories and knowledge of alternate dimensions gave me flashbacks and flashforwards of this living legend...

Image: Ah, hi.

I take Kenji's sweaty hand and shake it, still a little rattled by the sudden change of attitude and vehement welcome.

4 pcs.

Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:59 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
Group: Gurren Doujin Brigade
Ah, good, good! Now keep en rolling! :)

Also, about brisk walks, you should remember our now ancient covenant..... little less than one month left..... the plans are going smootly so far.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA! :REESE

Since i know how you feel about him :) the Kenji moments is going to be funny! Looking forward to it.

Spoiler: show

1 pcs.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:03 am
Profile E-mail
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
DUDE! LOF! WHATS UP MAN!

Get skype or something man. or at least msn. it's been yeeeeaarrrs...

Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Also, Kenji pushed me off the school roof.

I died, happy in the knowledge that the pain would be over. I did't touch much boob though. Maybe that's something for the next lifetime.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Josh_Josh wrote:
DUDE! LOF! WHATS UP MAN!

Get skype or something man. or at least msn. it's been yeeeeaarrrs...

I has a skype. Want it?

4 pcs.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:26 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
ch'yeah mang

Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
I have a skype, hit up yom or send me a pm for access you old government bastard :REESE

1 pcs.

Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:54 am
Profile E-mail
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
LordofFlames wrote:
I have a skype, hit up yom or send me a pm for access you old government bastard :REESE

I still have you in my skype address book from yeeeeeers ago.

Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:20 pm
Profile E-mail
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
Josh_Josh wrote:
LordofFlames wrote:

Typed to you on skype and you didnt even type back. BOOOOO! :whysosrs

1 pcs.

Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:22 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
LordofFlames wrote:
Josh_Josh wrote:
LordofFlames wrote:

Shall I go kick him in the head?

4 pcs.

Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:51 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
YomToxic wrote:
LordofFlames wrote:
Josh_Josh wrote:
LordofFlames wrote:

Shall I go kick him in the head?

I replied totally! you havent replied to me now!

Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
I take Kenji's sweaty hand and shake it, still a little rattled by the sudden change of attitude and vehement welcome.

Image: There were some suspicious-looking people going in and out of your room earlier.

Image: It was probably my parents.

Image: Your parents? You sure? 'Cause they could've been some other people, too. You can't judge a book by its cover.

His out-of-place proverb is left hanging between us awkwardly as I try to think of some way to respond.

Image: I'd say the chances are high enough.

He shudders and makes some exaggerated hand gestures.

Image: You're a brave man, Hisao.

Image: Me, I don't think I could trust the chances.

Image: The only one I trust is myself.

Image: Does that mean I shouldn't get to know you, either?

He thinks about this for a while.

Image: A wise decision.

Image: (mumble)Damn, you are smarter than you look.

Image: ...Probably.

Image: What do you look like? I hope not smart.

He squints his eyes and leans closer again, but I lean backwards to dodge it.

Image: Never mind, it doesn't matter.

With that, he turns, fumbles around for a moment in search of the door handle, and shuts the door behind him.

I slide the key into the lock of the door marked 119.

BGM - Nocturne

Bleak beige walls, white linen, a desk made of some type of light wood. Ugly curtains.

It's no one's room; impersonal, like my hospital room was.

My bags are sitting at the foot of my bed, looking a lot emptier than they did this morning.

The closet is sitting open, stocked with my clothes.

Also, it seems that there are a number of school uniforms hanging there as well.

A note is pinned to the sleeve of one of the shirts.

"Hi Hicchan. We've unpacked your things and made your bed. They said that if these don't fit then you should go to the office tomorrow. If you have any problems, you can always call us.

Love, Mom and Dad"

Image: ... wait just a second. Did that note from "Mom and Dad" just call me "Hicchan?!"

I think back to what Kenji said about strange people in my room, and realize he may have been right.

Image: ...Misha, if you're going to pretend to be my parents, at least get my name right...

Instead of being annoyed, I'm amused by the fact she'd be like this to a complete stranger.

I also make a mental note to pay more attention to Kenji's ramblings. He may be off the rocker, but he seems to know his shit.

Well, at least I don't have to worry about unpacking.

I kind of hoped I would have, then there would be something to do.

It's still too early.

I put the note down on the desktop and lie down on the bed, feeling drained.

Lying there makes me want to read something, but I have nothing with me.

I wonder if the hospital conditioned me for wanting to read whenever I have nothing to do.

The restless urge just keeps growing until I have to stand up.

Maybe it's stress or something.

I was pretty nervous about it before coming and for the entire day today too. I still am, I think.

Damn, I have to distract myself somehow, so I won't be this unnatural all the time.

Tomorrow, I'll go borrow some books from the library.

Yeah, I'll do that.

But for now...

The bottles of medications neatly arranged on my night table catch my eye.

I pick up one and shake it just to hear the contents rattle inside, and then read the glued-on pharmacy label.

Label - "Hisao Nakai. Two tablets daily to stay alive"

It doesn't really say that, but it could just as well.

It's kinda twisted, having your life depend on chemicals like this. I resent it a little, but what choice do I have?

With a sigh, I begin my new daily ritual of taking the right number of pills from each bottle, being careful to check the correct dosages.

I lie down again, feeling hollow and uncertain, and after that I keep staring at the blank, unfamiliar ceiling for a long time.

It doesn't start looking any more familiar, not even after darkness falls and long shadows draw across my room like fingers.

The sheets feel slightly more comfortable, warm and nest-like against the chill that passes for room temperature here.

Soon the lighter shade of darkness that is the ceiling looks like every ceiling does at night, and it becomes the only thing I recognize any more.

The night beckons me to sleep, and I feel the coldness of unfamiliarity and fear creeping up my spine once again.

I keep drifting further away from the world I knew.

----

Silence.

I wake up in a strange room.

Solid morning light shimmers against the light gray ceiling. I had forgotten to draw the curtains closed last night.

!?

And the first thought that comes to mind is...

This is my room, isn't it?

My room...

BGM - Raindrops and Puddles

This is the third room this year that I'm supposed to call "mine."

Various things around here remind me that indeed, it's me who is supposed to be the one living here.

My bags on the floor, my new school books on the desk.

My numerous medications on the night table.

I stare at the bottles for a moment, deliberating, until I open a bottle, shake out a pill and pop out a tablet from a foil sheet.

I down them with a chaser of water without thinking about the chemistry.

My uniforms are in the closet.

I slink out from under the sheets and stretch my back before dressing up.

Putting on a new school uniform feels like dressing in someone else's clothes.

The artificial smell of generic detergent invades my nose, but the feeling of fresh cloth against my back is a good one, a natural one.

It feels like a school uniform, as it should. It's not much different from what I used to wear before.

That goes for other things too. So far, this place seems more or less like a normal school.

Except for the people.

I think back to my talk with Kenji yesterday, Misha's constant laughter, and Shizune's sweeping sign language gestures.

Well, I've only met three students so far. Maybe they aren't that normal, but I'm sure others are.

Or, perhaps, people like them are what passes for normal around here?

Yeah, what does pass for normal around here? What do people do?

I didn't see a lot of kids hanging around after classes yesterday, so maybe there are clubs. If so, I wonder if I should join one.

All through class, the question remains on my mind, so I decide to ask Shizune about it when we split into groups.

Image: I'd praise jjlehto, but the pill I took earlier are making me feel wonky.

Shizune looks concerned, or annoyed. I can never tell.

... yeap, Annoyed.

Image: (mumble)Sometimes, I think Misha tends to get Shizune into things she really doesn't want to...

... maybe that's why Misha annoys her so much. That look is to die for.

BGM - Fripperies

Image: Ahaha~! Sorry, sorry, Shicchan~! Is there something you wanted from me?

Image: Oh~... I see! Hm... That's a good question, Hicchan.

My first thought is that means she doesn't know, which is worrying. Maybe I'm being too negative. Well, anyway, Misha, please don't prove me right.

Image: Oh, that's right! Everyone is encouraged to join a club. A lot of people do so because there really isn't anything else to do.

Image: There are also school events, like the festival coming up in a few days. Almost every student in the school tends to help out with it, doing whatever.

Image: So~! You actually transferred in at a busy time... maybe you can help out, too~!

Image: Sure.

Image: So, what's the festival about?

Misha freezes.

Image: ...Wahahaha~! I don't know, Hicchan, the truth is it's a local event, and I'm not from this area, so...

She starts signing desperately to Shizune, asking her to bail her out. Shizune adjusts her glasses at the end of an oddly grandiose flourish and starts signing hard and heavy.

Image: I've watched enough hentai to know where this is goi-

Image: Huh? Oh.

Image: Who cares?

Misha puffs out her chest as she shouts Shizune's words out at me with a disproportionate amount of pride.

Image: Not so loud...

Image: Human beings evolve with each new generation! The ideals and beliefs behind a festival will inevitably change with time!

Image: ...!

Image: Now, it's about delicious fried food and amusing little games that you play to win prizes~! Hahahaha~!

The teacher clears his throat very loudly, batting his long wooden pointer against his other palm like a baton. He shoots a pointed gaze at us.

Finally noticing where we are, Misha stifles a yelp and quickly quiets down. Shizune doesn't seem embarrassed at all, though, brushing it off without a care.

Image: We are in the middle of class, and should start working.

Image: That's right, Shicchan~!

Image: What? That's right~! Hicchan, are you asking because you're interested in joining a club?

It could have been my eyes playing tricks on me, but I think I saw a suspicious glance exchanged between them. Misha's tone has also changed, although it does that every other word, anyway.

Image: Yeah, I was thinking about it.

Misha and Shizune look at each other again.

I'm about to ask what they have in mind when something dark flutters in my peripheral vision, catching my attention.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see the girl with long, dark hair get up from her desk and slip silently towards the door.

It doesn't seem like she was working in any group, and no one seems to notice her but me.

I glance at the teacher, who's also looking at the dark-haired girl go.

Why doesn't he say anything?

Image: Hicchan? Is something wrong?

Do I look as uneasy as I feel?

Or was Misha just looking at me looking after the girl who left?

I really should write a creepypasta about this once I get on FH.

Image: No, nothing.

Image: Okay~! Well, like we were asking, you don't have any plans for lunch today, do you?

I thought I would go to the library and pick up some books.

Image: ...Not really.

Image: Do you want to have lunch together then?

Image: Sure.

Image: Yay~! Wahahaha~! Okay, Hicchan~! Perfect!

The rest of class passes uneventfully. The girl with the long hair never came back.

Before I have the time to put any more thought into where she could have gone, the teacher informs us that it's time to stop working. I really wanted to write a creepypasta about her.

Shizune looks more than a little annoyed that we only just barely managed to finish our work on time. I'm just glad we finished at all; it's not a contest or anything.

BGM - Generic Happy Music

Image: Yes it is, Hicchan!

Image: Impossible.

Image: Really?

Image: Really.

I've noticed this before, but it's kind of funny how Misha is always moving her hands and signing not only everything she says, but what anyone else is saying at any given time.

Obviously, it must be so Shizune can understand it. Her eyes dart back and forth between Misha's hands and me.

I don't know who I'm supposed to be looking at. I'm talking to Misha, but that might be wrong; maybe I should face Shizune. I'm used to looking in the direction of the person whose voice I'm hearing, but really...

Shizune can't hear me, but it would be disrespectful to talk to her only through Misha. Then again, isn't that what she's doing? No, she's at least looking at me. This is all very confusing and will take some time to get used to.

Image: It's not a contest, because contests are competitions over a prize. If there's no prize on the line, it's not really a contest.

Shizune's eyes flash dangerously with a competitive glare. She stares at me, as if surprised that I'm challenging her. I think maybe this is a contest to her.

I never noticed before how dark and blue her eyes are; it's truly an alluring gaze.

Image: Are you sure, Hicchan?

Image: Very sure.

Image: Hahaha! You're wrong, Hicchan. Because~! I don't want to be the slowest one in the class. Therefore, what's on the line is my confidence in my abilities, and the prize is the satisfaction of proving them.

Image: Wahahahaha~!

Michan's outburst reminds me so much of Cirno.

Shizune pushes her glasses up the bridge of her nose in a very matter-of-fact way.

I'd argue more, but the bell rings, and she quickly gets up and picks up her bag, looking at me expectantly.

I had almost forgotten that I was supposed to have lunch with them.

Image: Where do you want to eat?

Image: The cafeteria?

Image: Hahaha~! That's so plain... Okay~! Let's go!

Plain? Well I guess...

At my old school, I liked to eat outside, near the back of the building. It was a good spot, but I didn't find it until near the end of my freshman year.

I wonder if there is a similar place to eat here. Misha seems to imply as much.

Shizune and Misha pull me towards the cafeteria, which is surprisingly not packed. Maybe some students favor eating in classroom or outdoors. I saw some of my classmates had boxed lunches.

After we finish eating, Misha picks up where we left off earlier.

BGM - The Student Council

Image: So, Hicchan, you wanted to know about clubs and stuff, right?, right~?

Image: Right, Shicchan! Okay, I guess it makes sense to ask first.

Exchanging little nods of confirmation, they turn to face me again and Misha straightens her posture as if she is about to deliver a speech.

Image: Hicchan, do you have anything you're really interested in?

[yom]: I never did join any clubs. Way too much of a social outcast.

Image: I used to play soccer, but I'm not really into it. I don't follow the teams and players or anything like that.

Image: As of late, I usually just read a lot.

Image: Hm... There is a book club, right, Shicchan? Right! But~! It seems like they have all the members they can possibly have right now. Sorry, Hicchan... It's a really popular club.

Image: Ah, okay! But, more to the point, does this mean that you don't have anything already in mind?

Image: Not really.

Image: Good! Great~! That's great, Hicchan! Really great! Hahaha~! Wahahahaha~!

Image: Why's it so great?

Image: No reason.

I've lived on the internet. That ain't gonna fool me, lady!

Image: Well, Hicchan, other than clubs and the upcoming festival, there is one other thing...

Image: Student Council!

I see. I didn't know this school had a Student Council. That was a very melodramatic setup, though, just to tell me that.

I'm pretty sure the two of them know this, because Shizune looks a little embarrassed about it, and Misha is laughing.

Shizune quickly retakes control of this discussion, in a manner of speaking. After all, it's still Misha who has to voice whatever she says.

Image: Hahaha~! Hm? Right, right... Hicchan, maybe you should join the Student Council! They could use more people~. Yes! Definitely! You should definitely join!

Image: Why?

Image: Well, for one, we could hang out every day, Hicchan~! Shicchan and I are both in the Student Council.

Image: Actually, Shicchan is the president.

Hm...

I'm starting to get the suspicion that Shizune and Misha might not exactly be the most unbiased people to talk about this with.

As if reading my mind, Shizune quickly adjusts her glasses and signs something to Misha.

Image: Hahaha~! Of course, we're not trying to get you to join just because we would obviously benefit from you joining the Student Council and therefore have an incentive to try and get you to--

Image: So, you're admitting that--

Image: Ahaha~! No! We admit nothing~! I mean, Hicchan, of course it would be nice if you joined, and we'd appreciate it.

Image: But even without all that, joining the Student Council shows a healthy interest in the workings of one's school.

Image: Yup~! It's true, Hicchan. Besides, don't you want to spend time with us after school, Hicchan?

I can't tell if she is being genuine or if this is just really good acting. Both of them seem to be trying hard to look their cutest, although they are already pretty cute to begin with.

Image: Well...

Image: So it's settled, then. Welcome to the Student Council, Hicchan~!

Image: What? No. No!

Image: Aww... See, Shicchan? Of course it wouldn't go so easily.

Image: Yup! That's right, though, it would be boring if it went that smoothly. Oh well~! Shicchan owes me candy now!

Image: You were betting on it? Hey, my life is not a game here!

Shizune seems very intrigued by this when Misha signs it to her. The aggressive glint returns to her eyes.

Image: Wahaha~! That's interesting, Hicchan. Let's play a game!

Image: Oh fuck...

Image: That's not what I said.

Image: How about Rich Man, Poor Man, Hicchan? If you lose, you have to join the Student Council.

Image: No, absolutely not.

Image: Aw~, why not?

Image: Well, because you two both have the same incentive, and therefore the same goal, which is to get me to join the Student Council, right?

Image: Yup!

Image: Yeah, that isn't my goal. But what this means is that both of you can team up and I'll be at a clear disadvantage. So, I will have to decline.

Image: Hicchan! I'm very offended! Are you saying you don't trust us, and that we would pull something so d--dis--in--gen--u--ous...? That makes me sad...

Image: Sorry?

It's a real challenge to keep a straight face around her.

It's hard to tell where Shizune's influence ends and Misha's thoughts begin.

Image: In order to atone for hurting a young girl's feelings, you should definitely join the Student Council!

Image: No!

Image: How about a game of paper football, instead of Rich Man, Poor Man?

Image: Paper football?

Image: Yeah~! It's a game they play in America~! You make a paper triangle, and then you try to shoot it past goalposts that the other player makes with their fingers!

Image: Isn't it cool~? It's the ultimate form of competition between two people, Hicchan~!

Image: ...And it's also played by elementary and middle school children, Shicchan? Wahaha! That means it's a game that really separates the boys from the men!

Image: More like the boys from the slightly older boys. Anyway, I'm not going to play that either. Just the fact that you know about it means you're probably surprisingly good at it.

Image: Hahaha~! Yeah yeah~, that's true! How did you know, Hicchan?

Shizune frowns at Misha, telling me that she probably wasn't supposed to admit that so readily.

I wouldn't say that I'm happy with their attempts to get me into the Student Council but I'm a little curious about what the Student Council does here.

I've never been on one before, or even know anybody who was a member, so it interests me. I also kind of like Shizune and Misha, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Image: Okay, Hicchan, how about Risk? The game of world domination!

Image: I don't know what that is.

Internally, I berate myself.

Image: Shoulda paid more attention to /vg/...

Image: It's really fun, Hicchan. You fight for control of the world, with armies and everything.

Sounds like Shizune would be good at it.

Image: If you want to play, we can after school.

Image: Ah, really, Shicchan? We can just play for fun, Hicchan. Shicchan hasn't played in a long time, so if you want to, there are no strings attached~!

Image: Well, okay...

Image: Okay! Okay, okay~! Perfect~! We'll see you after school in the student council room, then, Hicchan!

Image: Wait, why there?

Image: Because~! That's where we keep the game.

Image: Wahahahaha~!

*sigh*
I grimace to tell them how much I do not like this, but it's more for show than anything.

So in the end I agree, but only after getting Shizune to acknowledge that I don't mean anything concrete just by accepting to take a look around a play a game with her.

Lunch ends, and we go back to class.

During afternoon classes, the long haired girl comes back and sits down in her seat without a word.

Again, no one seems to notice, or if they do, no one says anything. I want to ask Misha about it, but I don't want to be nosy.

Darn, there goes my chance to write a creepypasta about the Mystery of the Vanishing Schoolgirl...

4 pcs.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:57 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
Keep 'em going :REESE I want to see where you end you with your blind playthrough!

1 pcs.

Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:05 am
Profile E-mail
Glitchy
Glitchy

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: פlᴉʇɔɥʎ¿¡Crime Squad
Obviously Hanzo will become president.

Oh fuck off

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Remon wrote:
Obviously Hanzo will become president.

I'm actually thinking about making a route.

4 pcs.

Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:31 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next