Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:48 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
Group: Gurren Doujin Brigade
Post Re: Katawa Shoujo. (Playthrough 1)
KingGMY wrote:
Why have I not heard of this game until now! This is absolute bullshit that I haven't heard of this game.

If you like VNs, especially the classics, I'm your pervert. :P

Also, adding the themesong of pokemon there was expected :) If it hadn't been there, I would've been dissapointed in you Yom.

Spoiler: show

1 pcs.

Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:31 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
BGM

This heavenly panorama fills my vision as I slowly open my eyes.

I am floating across a starlit wonderland so beautiful that even simple thought of 'where am I?' was silenced. For what seemed like days, weeks, perhaps months, I floated along, content and peaceful. I couldn't sleep. Who'd want to? I wouldn't miss out on this scenery for even a second.

That's when a chorus of tender, gentle voices began to fill my head. I was overawed by the sereneness - and didn't quite realize that they were talking to me.

Image: Hisao. You must wake up, Hisao.

Image: A... ah...

Image: You cannot die just yet, Hisao.

Image: Life is far to valuable, but more than that, think of the effects that your death will have upon the fundamental balance of the universe...

I barely managed to squeeze out these words.

Image: Who... are you?

Image: I am the Great Will of the Macrocosm.

Two hands, with soft fair skin, each immaculately manicured and fingernails painted red, reaches towards me. I cannot move as I see a brilliant white light in the distance. Or was it close? I couldn't tell.

Image: Now, with my great powers, I will restore the story line.

The light becomes bigger, like the light of a train in a tunnel. As it washes over me, I feel myself falling...

Image: Hnnaah?

BGM - Generic Happy Music

This time, I know she's there, so instead of getting a HNNNNNNGH, I step back.

Still, she had gotten to jumping distance of me without making a sound. Creepy, it briefly reminds me of Kenji's nutty theory about a global feminist conspiracy, but I push that thought aside.

Shizune, standing slightly behind Misha, looks aloof as she couldn't have heard the remark that drew Misha's attention, but Misha is visibly excited.

Image: No wait, more importantly, who is in there? There's no club meetings today.

She tries to curiously peek past me, even though the door prevents her from seeing anyway.

Image: What are you doing here?

Image: You took so long that we had to come check what's wrong. That's no good, Hicchan~

She wags her finger at me scoldingly.

Image: I found plywood, but everything else is still missing because you are tardy.

Image: Oh, sorry. Err... I got the things here, was just going to bring them.

Image: I think you were up to some mischief, Hicchan~! Who was in there with you, I wonder...

Misha signs something quickly to Shizune, pointing at her own ear a couple of times.

Shizune immediately pushes her way past me and opens the door into the classroom I just left.

I can only imagine the shock she is experiencing.

With Shizune's diligence and attitude, the insolence of daring to deface school property by sleeping on top of it must be too much to bear.

And indeed, she stares at Rin, frozen in place apart from the slight but noticeable trembling of her shoulders, from suppressed rage I'm sure.

Instead of blowing up, Shizune just takes a few deep breaths, adjusts her glasses and slams the door shut, turning to sign furiously at Misha.

Maybe she did blow up but I can't understand it.

She shoots a very loaded stare at me too, as if it was somehow my fault that Rin is sleeping on one of the tables.

I hope she's not getting any funny ideas about the reason of my tardiness.

Image: Good grief, I know that look... You perverts are all the same. Just because I talked to her doesn't mean that we had sex already. That's what you prude types are. All depraved perverts on the inside!.

Image: Hello.

Rin's voice comes from the other side of the door and it takes a few eyeblinks to realize she might have trouble opening it.

I open the door to find Rin directly behind it, looking at us with a half-interested, half-sleepy face.

Image: Hello.

Image: ...

Image: Miss Tezuka, what do you think you were doing? You absolutely are not permitted to use school property for such... err, disgraceful? activity!

Image: It sure is suddenly very crowded in here. I didn't know I was this popular.

It's hard to say whether she's happy or unhappy about this turn of events.

At any rate she ignores Shizune/Misha's scolding so they have no choice but to drop the issue.

Shizune taps Misha's shoulder, points at Rin and makes some quick signs.

Image: Popularity aside, please don't do that any more.

Image: Anyway, how is your project going? Will it be done for the festival?

Rin looks at them blankly, apparently at ease under the pressure Shizune's cold stare is putting on her.

Image: I keep wondering about that myself too.

Image: And...?

Image: Will think about it harder.

As Misha signs her reply to Shizune her face turns into an unsatisfied frown.

Image: Miss Tezuka, please try to take this seriously. It'll be a disaster if the wall looks like someone threw up their lunch onto it.

Rin nods assertively.

Image: Will think more seriously.

Misha actually giggles at that, but Shizune doesn't, not even after translation.

She just shakes her head, takes the materials from me and takes off with Misha in tow.

Rin frowns thoughtfully as she looks after the retreating student council duo.

Image: How rude.

Image: It's true though, I must finish my project before the weekend. There will be dire consequences if I don't.

Image: The end of the world as we know it. Like weekends usually are, but more dire.

Image: Much more dire.

Image: Maybe I'll postpone my nap. To unforeseen future.

I am about to ask what project she has and what are these apocalyptic consequences, but she walks back into the art classroom.

Image: Since you have nothing to do, would you give me a hand?

We return to the room.

She kicks lightly at a huge can of paint that's lying on the floor next to the table she was sitting and sleeping on.

It lets out a dull clang.

Being the gentleman I am, I naturally pick it up.

Heavy.

Image: Yeah, sure. Where do you need to take it?

Image: Away.

Image: I'm gonna hum the themesong now.

Link

And with that, she takes off to the hallway, me and the paint can following since there's little choice for either of us.

The hallway is quiet and empty now with Shizune and Misha gone, so we too leave towards the stairwell at the other end.

Every ten or fifteen or twenty steps I have to change the can from one hand to another because the thin handle cuts into my palm. At least it keeps my arms from tiring too fast.

Rin strolls on beside me with an uneven pace that I have trouble matching, or maybe I am walking weird because of the extra weight.

It seems one of us is constantly walking too slow or too fast, and I can't figure out which.

Two flights of stairs below, trouble appears in the form of the head nurse and his fox-like grin.

BGM - Ah eh i oh you

Image: Ah, Mr. Nakai, what a happy coincidence! Tezuka too, of course.

He nods courteously to Rin who does not acknowledge him back, then turns to me because obviously it's me who he had some business with.

Image: There is something I forgot to mention on Monday.

I nod and wait impassively because I can't even begin to guess what he forgot. The feeling of the handle delving deeper into my skin doesn't make me feel enthusiastic about this interruption, either.

Image: It's about your medications. Since you haven't been that long on your current medications there might be some unexpected side effects, which might require adjusting dosages or even changing to another kind of medication.

Image: So we will do a few tests regularly, but what I'd want is for you to keep an eye on everything in your condition that feels off, if you get what I mean.

Image: Nausea, headache, anything. And come see me if something happens.

Image: All right.

Image: So how are you? Everything fine?

I give up and drop the can to the floor before answering him. Apparently this takes longer than my biceps can handle.

I'm about to say something generic as an answer, but then I realize how often I've done that lately.

Other people have asked me that too. Teachers and students here. My parents, visitors, nurses, doctors at the hospital.

Everyone seems to be concerned about that. It's natural for a hospital, not so much for a school. Except this school.

This is a small school, and both the student base and the faculty seem to be very tightly knit.

At least that's the feeling I'm getting.

And this is not the kind of school that gets transfer students too often.

The thought sends shivers up my spine, but I give a generic answer, anyway.

Image: That's great. Also, one other thing.

Image: My sources tell me that you've been at neither the school track nor even the pool, so I'd like to know if you have taken up exercising as I asked.

Of course I haven't, but his way of inquiring gives me the feeling that I should've been running my ass off on the track since the very first day.

Image: You have people spying on me?

Image: Not as such. I just happen to know a few people. But that's not the issue here, so don't try to slip out of it.

Image: Well, I was actually just doing some improvised weight lifting, as an exercise.

I pick up and lift the can up and down a few times like some sad imitation of a bodybuilder, even though it's weighing down on my arms painfully.

The stupid grin disappears from his face for a second, then comes back like it was never gone.

Image: Tezuka, would you give us a second?

The nurse grabs me by the shoulder without waiting for Rin's permission which he didn't need in the first place and drags me aside.

Image: When I told you to exercise I wasn't joking.

Image: I understand that you are still on your first week and all, but please don't ignore the importance of this.

Image: The reason I'm coming down this hard on you is that habits are not easy to form.

Image: The more you slip and postpone, the harder it'll be. It's the same with everything, like dieting.

Image: Can you promise me to be more serious about this from now on?

Another memory. This time, of me - as someone else, telling a friend to exercise. Honoring his memory, I nod.

Image: Yeah, I promise. Definitely.

He studies me for a moment and then shrugs, smiling again.

Image: Okay. That's more like it.

Image: If you go to the school track tomorrow morning, you'll meet my 'spy,' who probably has no qualms offering consultation to you if you want to jog a bit.

Image: Consultation?

Image: See you around.

He leaves with a wave of his hand and no answer, and I walk to Rin who has been waiting, idly leaning against the hallway wall and staring at the pale lighting fixtures in the ceiling.

Even when I approach, she doesn't move her eyes off them.

Image: Are you getting medications for your heart thingy?

Image: Were you listening?

It comes out more accusatory than I intended, accidentally lashing out on her.

But even so, I don't really want to start talking about it. I just met her, I don't know her. It's not her business.

The nurse seems to be happily ignorant about confidentiality too, talking about that kind of thing in public.

But it's not Rin's fault, is it?

I look up at her, suddenly feeling a bit guilty, but Rin is just staring past my shoulder quizzically, her head tilted like a bird's.

Sigh.

I don't know why this is so hard for me. It feels like there is some inexplicable lock that prevents me from being more upfront about this.

Image: ...yeah. They're for my heart.

Image: Will they make you better?

Image: ...no, not really.

Image: They just make me a little less worse.

Rin keeps looking at me for a while longer, and she neither says anything further, nor displays any kind of emotion I could discern.

I'm thankful that she doesn't. I think I'm still not quite used to all this.

At the hospital it was easy, but I still haven't sorted my feelings about having to live a normal life with this disability.

BGM - Air Guitar

We leave the main building, and Rin leads us onwards towards the dorm.

We stop at the small patch of greenery in front of the dorm building.

The dorm is built on a slightly elevated ground, with a wall and a few trees that everyone has to circle around every time they come or go. It's probably the only inconvenient design in the school.

The entire wall, made of the same kind of bricks as the building itself, has been covered with some sort of a painting.

Most of it is still mere sketches, quick lines drawn with black and white against the gray plastering that covers almost the entire length of the wall, but some places look a bit more finished.

There are human faces and legs and hands, I can't quite say what the painting as a whole might portray. Without warning, the painting explodes into color, the fleshless lips singing dire utterances in eldtritch tongues as reality shatters.

Image: Welcome to your doom!

4 pcs.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:12 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Arcade Corps
Loving the originality in this. Course, I kind of wonder which route will happen now... I won't spoil anything, but I have general ideas as to what you can do...

tfw You know what happens and how to get there but don't wanna spoil. :'D

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
SomebodyElse wrote:
Loving the originality in this. Course, I kind of wonder which route will happen now... I won't spoil anything, but I have general ideas as to what you can do...

tfw You know what happens and how to get there but don't wanna spoil. :'D

Link

It is written that Hanzo will become the president of Yamaku High.

Playing blind is hard and scary.

4 pcs.

Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:57 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Special Access
Bitch please! Walkthroughs are for pussies!

I'm back.... as a zombie lol

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
BGM Boss Battle

The creature towers over me, a horror of mishmashed parts, almost-human faces and cruel arms crookedly pointing out of its trunk-like body. The flesh gave off a horrific stench of decay and I could see it quiver and wriggle - as if a thousand maggots squirmed under the leathery, necrotic skin.

Without hesitation, I take a few steps back and fiery energy glows in my fists. Casting forth balls of fire, I attack the monster with a battle cry! The monstrosity only grins, then - it starts ripping off its own face, and hurling them at me! The creature's face grew back rapidly, sneering at the futility of my weak attack. I knew what I had to do. Raising an elbow, I rush into it, its flesh crumpling under the sheer force of my attack...

BGM - Air guitar

Image: See, the left side is hardly off the ground yet.

Image: Eh? What?

Image: It's because I couldn't get in the mood yesterday so I gave up and went to meditate instead. Then it was suddenly morning. Also, stop jamming your elbow into the canvas.

Image: Oh.

I quietly pull back my arm and grin awkwardly. Rin stares at me for a moment, one eyebrow raised. She drops the subject, though.

Image: I have to work on it, but the guys from art class are helping with the negative spaces and base surfaces whenever, which is a problem.

Image: It's easier to paint big areas if there are a lot of people, with hands.

Image: The reach is better, and it's faster too.

The white cotton of her sleeve flaps around, and it makes me think it could look sadder than it does.

But it makes me feel out of place, like almost every tangible reminder of the student base's... special properties has in the past few days.

This girl doesn't notice my dreary feelings of course, or the fact that she lost me a while ago already... and just keeps on blabbering.

Image: ...so that's why I'm trying to figure out if there is something I need to figure out and then figure that out before it's too late and all hope is lost.

Image: Why would the hope be lost?

Image: Because paint has to be painted and then it has to dry and then it has to be painted over with another kind of paint.

Image: It takes time.

She finally stops, apparently thinking she made some kind of a statement that makes sense.

I think it's best to start from the top.

Image: So, this is your project? You did... this?

Image: Yes. Yes.

Image: All of it?

Image: Yes.

Image: Nice. But...

I stumble with my words, suddenly feeling like I've walked straight into the mine field of political incorrectness.

Image: It's ok, you can say it. I probably won't get mad.

I blush really hard. I don't really know what would be the right thing to say, if any. It feels that I'm way more sensitive than Rin is, though.

This is really awkward.

Image: Don't you want to ask?

Image: ...How do you paint without hands?

Image: See, I'm an easy person to talk to, right? With my feet.

D'aaww.

Image: I almost guessed that already, but isn't that hard to do?

Image: You're good at guessing. Anyway, I don't think it is. But maybe I'm used to it by now.

I can't get my mind around the fact that she could be an artist, but seeing how adept she was using her feet to eat I figure painting might not be a problem either.

Neither of us had anything more to add to the subject.

Image: The afternoon light works pretty well. I was afraid it would look too flat but it's not like that after all.

Image: I think it's actually pretty interesting. I wanted to see what it looks like in dim light. Do you think it's flat?

Image: Eeeh well, paintings tend to be flat.

Image: Not like that flat. You know, flat. Like some people are, no substance, no meat where there should be some.

Image: I know a few girls who--

Image: Okay I get it. But I couldn't really tell, I'm not that good with art. I can't name many artists or artistic terms.

Image: So I don't really have anything to say.

Rin shrugs her shoulders at that, saying suit yourself without saying it and looks up at the sky as if trying to look for something up there.

Image: I didn't think I'd get any actual work done but if you give me a hand with the paints I could do a little before it's too dark.

Image: I wanted to get a halogen lamp like the ones they have at the sports track but there aren't any.

Rin sure is quick to recruit my help, as was Shizune. It really makes me feel that the festival is such a big project that every pair of hands is needed.

Image: Why not? I'm not really sure if I can be of any help, though.

Image: It's just mixing some paints, you can do that. Probably. Do you have motor control problems, like you know, those people who have some?

Image: Cerebral palsy, maybe?

Image: :confused Not that I know of.

Image: I get it. Heart thingy has nothing to do with that.

She gives me a sly look for no reason.

Image: No, it doesn't. Stop looking at me like that. I won't evolve.

Image: Let's do it then.

So she sits on an empty wooden box and very naturally picks up a wide brush between the toes of her bare right foot.

I open a few of the cans and pour some of the contents into shallow bowls for mixing.

The thick paints flow lazily from the can to the bowl, like syrup.

I mix them, creating funny, hypnotic looking swirl patterns that melt quickly into each other to form a new monotone hue.

Rin sets to work, every now and then asking me for a hand with something or the other.

Finding different brushes is easy enough, but mixing the paints to be the exact tone this girl is apparently seeing in her head is a frustrating ordeal.

She wants precision down to the last milliliter before she is satisfied, but her instructions are obscure at best.

BGM - Everyday Fantasy

Image: Add half a splash of green.

I crouch down to pick up the can of bright green.

Image: The other green. This green.

I carefully pour some of the other green paint into the mixing bowl.

Image: No, that's almost a whole splash. More white.

Image: Is green a good color to add?

Image: No idea. You're the artist here.

A hint of smile appears in the corners of her mouth.

Image: Do you lack an opinion?

Image: :confused No, it's just that I have no idea.

Image: It's OK, because I just got an idea. Add more white.

With this exclamation I pour a minuscule amount of white into the bowl and mix it. It looks slightly... whiter.

Image: That's not good. It has to be like... like the color when you wake up and you know that you saw the meaning of life in your dream but can't remember it.

Image: Maybe it's yellow...

I groan.

Despite the impossibility of mixing a color like the change of seasons or any other nonsense that's being imposed on me, I find myself enjoying it more than I thought I would.

Seeing a painting being born on the plastered wall feels like magic.

Image: Is this some sort of christian magic?!

Rin smiles.

I spend the moments I have between mixing paints crouching down on the paving and just looking at her work.

It feels slightly intrusive at first, like breaking some imaginary intimacy, but Rin doesn't seem to mind the least bit. Maybe it's just in my head.

She apparently left behind a Dr.Robotnik in the painting too, complete with SNOOPINGAS USUAL I SEE?! caption.

Her entire presence emits a completely different air as she patiently works the details, adding layers of paint on top of other layers of paint, steadily moving her foot across the wall to add new shapes.

When I manage to produce a passable mixture of paint, the rare smile on her face is oddly rewarding.

Apart from the few words when discussing paint mixes, neither of us says a word for the longest time.

And even those short discussions soon evolve into a shorthand, both of us developing and using weird impromptu code words for various paints and hues.

Image: Shinybutt

Image: Don-patch Hammer.

Image: Invincible Fortress Zigas.

Image: Naruhodo A Righto.

Image: Poopybutts.

Image: Mudkips.

As if there was some need to conserve words and breath and sound.

We stay there late into the evening until it becomes too dark to paint properly.

Then, this thing happens.
It hasn't happened in a while, and I panic. Only mildly, though.

BGM - Passing of Time.

Image: The cruelest enemy I have ever faced... is the passage of time.

The roar of the souped-up, high endurance engine is what shakes me to wakefulness.

The leather of the steering wheel feels like a worn bullwhip as I shift the gear higher. The man at the passenger seat turns and glares at me for a moment, as he gathered his thoughts.

I nod, and hit the pedal to the metal.

Just then, I hear a massive roar. Turning my glance back, I see this thing pursuing us.

Image: BWAAHHH!!!

Before I could react, the monster plucks me from the driver's seat, and dangles me over her gaping mouth.

Image: WAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

Image: DIE, MONSTER!

Kenji, jumping from the jeep - pulls out a heavy rocket launcher, and calibrates its targeting mechanisms with a cool, practiced hand. It beeps, signifying that it has locked onto the target.

Image: Wait, is that my alarm clock?

BGM - Raindrops and Puddles

The sound of an alarm pulls me out of a fitful slumber and into the unpleasant state of wakefulness.

I linger under the blanket for a few minutes, gathering energy to rise up while making excuses as for why I already haven't.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind staying here for all day. School is surprisingly exhausting after a long pause, and the culture shock still has not faded, I think.

Still, despite getting an impression that skipping class is easy here, I don't think they are going to let me get away that easily.

And the nurse is bound to keep breathing down my neck with the talk of exercising as well.

So eventually I do rise up, swallow the morning medications and put on my old soccer clothing.

Thanks to my condition, I was exempted from taking part in gym classes at Yamaku, so I didn't get issued with a gym outfit.

I'd order some to cover such a contingency, but wearing my old soccer clothes is kind of nostalgic.

I can't use them for that any more, so maybe they can get a new life this way. A bit like me.

After all, if I'm going to start taking care of myself, I can't afford to slack around. I'll start from the basics.

Basics which include keeping the rest of my body in shape along with what little I can do to strengthen my heart.

Maybe then I can go back to something approaching a normal life; or at least something where I'm less likely to fall over dead at any minute.

I'm surprised to discover that I'm not the only one present at the track.

Not just that, but it's a face I've seen before.

The prosthetic-legged girl who bowled me over in the hallway yesterday is running on the track lithely, like a half-mechanical gazelle.

What was her name again? It was a short one, but I can't remember.

She seems to be running laps at a somewhat easy lope, her prosthetic legs clacking rhythmically on the hard track surface.

I wonder what reason she has for running this early in the morning. Maybe it's something akin to mine, and the nurse is oppressing the poor girl to jog just like he is oppressing me.

I certainly wouldn't be here if it weren't for my health, and his prompting me to do so.

And even with things being like they are, it's only because I wanted to get it out of the way early.

The fact that I wold be less likely to encounter someone who would witness my pitiful attempts to get in shape was merely a happy accident.

I'd leave, but it seems that my former assailant noticed me on her last lap.

She waves at me cheerfully and jogs over.

Image: Good morning! Your name is Hisao, right?

BGM - Standing Tall

She grins, seemingly pleased that she'd remembered my name.

Image: You may not remember me.

Image: Emi? I knocked you over in the hall yesterday.

Image: "Miss Ibaraki~"

She mimicks Misha near-perfectly. Its just the coiled, high-tension laugh voice that's missing. And the drills.

Image: *snort* How could I forget such a blunt introduction?

Emi has the decency to look vaguely apologetic for a moment before giggling.

Image: Yeah, sorry about that. Again.

Image: Hmm, well, so long as you don't make a habit of it, I suppose I'll be fine.

Image: Great!

I'm not sure she realized I was joking.

Image: So the 'spy-consultant' the nurse was talking about... is that actually you?

Image: That's right!

Image: Oh.

Image: I was expecting someone from the nursing staff, to be honest.

Image: What, are you saying I don't look like I could be a spy?

Image: No, this is more like a relief. I was afraid he would have someone to watch my every move.

Image: Unless you are here to do exactly that.

Image: No, I'm here for my own reasons, the nurse just asked me if I had seen 'a messy-haired transfer student who looks like he's kinda lost' around the track.

Image: So why are you down here?

Emi strikes a dramatic pose.

Image: For what?

Image: Track!

Image: Ah, I see. You're on the track team, then?

Emi nods enthusiastically.

Image: Yep! I'm one of the better runners, too!

And modest about it, too.

Image: Hey, you should join up!

Image: It's good exercise, you know.

I think that much activity is probably out of the question for me.

Image: Nah, I'm not even sure that I really like running all that much.

Image: Plus I'm just not into organized sports, you know?

It's true. I never even really got that much into soccer.

I mean I'd run around with my friends and all, but that was really the only reason I ever played.

It wasn't for the glory to be found on the field, that's for sure.

Emi seems to understand my meaning.

Image: I see, I see. Not into that whole organization thing.

Image: But now that you're here, I guess we're going to run together, huh?

Image: What? Er, sure, I guess.

Emi seems pleased.

Image: Are you going to warm up?

Image: Real men don't warm up.

Image: Oh no, you always should warm up! Bad Hisao!

She scolds me enthusiastically, but then smiles and leans closer.

Image: I hate warming up too.

She laughs suddenly.

Image: Heck, and I don't even have to stretch my legs!

As if to confirm her statement she bounces up and down a couple of times, giving a passing impression of standing on a pair of springs. Her legblades seem to be quite elastic.

Image: Let's go!

So we both take off around the track, and I can immediately see that she wasn't lying about being good at running.

Emi moves fluidly, throwing herself into the run with a sort of wild abandon.

I find myself concentrating more on running properly.

Hands spread, right?

And something about hitting on the balls of your feet, rather than the heels...

I try to match my stride to Emi's, but it's pretty difficult.

Apparently I'm not very good at it.

Maybe Emi could help me with that sometime.

I'm really not feeling up to more than a couple of laps today, and slow to a walk pretty quickly.

Emi keeps running, and doesn't seem to notice I've stopped until she passes me a second time.

She quickly skids to a halt, breathing steadily in contrast to my own somewhat gasping demeanor.

Image: Finished already?

I hang my head ruefully.

Image: Heh, yeah.

Image: I'm not in very good shape right now.

Emi nods, and then grins at me again.

Image: ChubbyHisao...

She seems to do a lot of smiling.

Image: Well, the important thing is you started, right?

Image: Next time, you just have to try to hold out longer, and then longer, and longer, and eventually you'll be great!

Image: I'll keep that in mind.

Image: But I think right now I'm going to go get ready for class.

Image: Shouldn't you?

Emi shrugs unconcernedly.

Image: Nah, I've got plenty of time.

I notice that she's not wearing a watch.

Image: Are you sure?

Another careless shrug.

Image: Not really... but I've got to finish my routine! Take this before you go!

She gives me a rolled up sheet.

Image: See you later, Hisao!

Image: Er, yeah. See ya.

I'm not sure whether this morning's experiment was a success or a failure, but I'll admit that I do feel slightly good about getting out there this morning.

And like Emi said, I just need to keep at it in order to get better, right?

Practice makes perfect, or something like that.

It's nice at least to feel like I've taken some semblance of control over my own health.

I'll have to try to keep this up.

Then, I take a look at the leaflet she gave me.

Image: ... thanks, Emi. :)

4 pcs.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:41 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
I don't know why, but Emis personality rubs me the wrong way. <.<

1 pcs.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:47 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
LordofFlames wrote:
I don't know why, but Emis personality rubs me the wrong way. <.<

That's not it. Her chest size is too small and doesn't interface with your preferences properly. :dement :REESE

-

I head back to the dorms to wash and change into my uniform, trying to resist the urge to take a really long and hot shower.

I'm tired from all the running, so I just want to unwind, but I don't want to break my slowly building routine of getting to school before the morning rush.

After taking a long shower anyway, I dry myself off and get out of the stall to put on my clothes.

Out of nowhere, a shadow appears within the mist, looming and radiating malicious intent. It bursts through the fog.

BGM - Out of the Loop

Link

Image: What are you doing here? What the hell, you scared me! What's your problem?!

Image: I should be asking you that. I've been looking for you all over the place, man.

Image: What do you mean 'all over the place'?

I want to ask if he's been looking for me like that, stark naked, but hold my tongue back.

I finally realize I'm still naked too and quickly hold up my shirt in front of me, but Kenji doesn't seem to notice a thing.

His glasses are fogged up. But then, why doesn't he wipe them off? Is his vision so bad it's like he's perpetually seeing through fog?

Image: You know, your room, and... Yeah, that's it. Hey, I mean, I still I had to get up, though. Whatever. It's not important. Can I borrow some money?

He puts on an innocent face and looks away, trying very hard to look very casual. It doesn't work; he's as transparent as his windowpane-sized glasses.

Talking neutrally like this, wearing nothing, feels awkward.

Actually, somehow it's even more awkward to be naked in front of someone when they can't see me being naked. To say nothing of the fact that he's naked as well.

I try to brush the feeling off, with little success.

Image: Money? Sure.

Image: Awesome.

Image: Wait, why do you need it?

Image: Ehhhh...

Image: Can't you just give it to me because I had the good will not to run through your pockets while you were in the shower? I could have, but I exercised restraint. And in the end, isn't it the thought that counts? Come on, be a pal.

This makes no sense. If it's the thought that counts, I should withhold payment, since his thoughts were so clearly impure and his intentions are probably even more sinister since he can't tell me what they are. I say as much to him.

Image: I'm offended man, but if that is your game, then fine, I guess I have no choice. I want to order a pizza, and I already have most of the cost of the pizza. I need your help for the rest.

Image: You big ol' SJW, you! :errg

Image: Uuu~ Hisao-chan hidoiii! >_<

Image: I get some of that pizza too, right?

Image: No.

Image: Are you serious?

Image: Yeah. I would give you some, but you have class, you don't have time to eat a pizza.

Image: What about you?!

Image: I'm not going to class, I have to wait for the pizza and pay the guy. And then eat it. It's not easy. You have to obtain the pizza stealthily. If you don't, everyone will see you. And the pizza. And they will ask for a slice.

Image: It's a hard world out there. Everyone wants a piece. Then you're left pizzaless in an unforgiving world. It's happened before, that's how I know.

Image: Every day, I plan my vengeance, so that when the people who wronged me order a pizza, I will be there. Ever vigilant!

Kenji strikes a dramatic pose, completely without irony.

Image: But yeah, I only need like 400 yen. Please! You're my only hope! I can't go outside and buy my own pizza, it's too far!

Image: I try not to go out unless it's absolutely necessary. Let me tell you what happened the last time I went out without carefully planning it out in advance.

Image: I was outside. I can't remember what I was doing. Something. Standing? Maybe wondering how I got there.

Image: And then, out of nowhere, it happened.

Image: Like a flash of lightning, splitting the sky, like how you split a sandwich into two equal pieces to make it more manageable to hold and eat, a bird crapped on my head.

Image: It was the second most shocking moment of my life.

Image: What was the first?

He ignores me and keeps going. I want to grab him and shake him. Is he just trying to keep momentum? I'll go with that, even if it's more likely he just didn't hear me.

Image: It was like in the openings to some kind of anime show, you know how there is always a part where the main dude is fighting his rival, and they fly at each other and clash swords and there's like, big dramatic colored auras and zoom?

Image: It was like that, but with poo.

Image: Okay.

Image: So yeah, I need some money. Please? Don't leave me hanging, man. I only need like 1000 yen.

Image: I thought it was 400.

Image: Okay.

Image: What?

Image: I'll pay you back, I swear.

Image: You better, that's what it means to borrow stuff.

Image: I don't know when I'll be able to pay you back.

Image: You have one week.

Image: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggghhhhhhhh......

Kenji winces and makes a noise like a dying cow, a particularly disturbing fact given that his baton is conducting freely.

Image: NO MY COW IS DEAD!

;_;

BGM - Prayer for the Dead.

Link

Later...

Image: You're not supposed to be so tight assed about money between brothers in arms, man. Men have it bad enough as it is. Did you know that male porn stars only make about half of what female porn stars make?

Image: That doesn't mean anything unless you're a porn star.

Image: So maybe I am a porn star, on the side, struggling to make ends meet as I fight the feminist agenda, and you can't even spot me your crumbs, you bastard. Nobody understands. Nobody.

Wouldn't feminists be against pornography in the first place?

Image: This feminist agenda stuff again?

Image: This stuff is important. I can see that you don't give a shit, but this is serious here. Feminists... are a dangerous enemy, make no mistake. You take them lightly, and you'll wake up in the morning with a knife in your back, bam! Out of nowhere!

Image: How do you wake up in the morning if someone stabbed you in your sleep?

Image: Women are terrible at stabbing things.

Image: I thought you just said don't take them lightly.

Image: Well, I mean don't take them lightly for the big things. Individually they're not a threat, but if there were some kind of war, like a big war, with men on one side, and the feminist forces on the other side, it would be pretty ugly.

Image: And that day will come, when the feminists come out of their central top secret worldwide feminist headquarters, and say 'It's on now, motherfuckers!'

Image: You're being ridiculous, there's no big worldwide feminist headquarters building, where would they even hide that? I mean, it'd have to be massive, you couldn't hide that on Earth, someone would notice a big fortress with women only in it.

Image: Who said it was on Earth?

I turn away from Kenji and start practicing frowning faces in a mirror so that I can figure out what kind of frown will best express my emotions. He can't see me from this distance anyway.

Which, unfortunately, means that he just keeps on ranting without any regard to sense or sensibility.

Image: Yeah, there is a war going on. A war not many know about, but it's a great one that will one day boil over, and encompass all of the known world. Then, we will have to pick sides. We will have to make a stand. In fact, it's happening right now.

Image: Imagine it, the bloody battlefield. A vicious conflict without end.

Image: I almost gave up, when I thought this cause was silly... When I grew tired of the bleakness of our fight... When I mistook the time the power went out for a feminist raid and thought the end was near...

Image: But then I realized that if I gave up, it would all be over, and I was like, 'whoa' and knew I had to get serious. Because I am the last sane man in an insane world. It's about duty.

Image: Must be a pretty crappy movement if it all hinges on one naked guy, ranting in a bathroom at another naked guy.

Image: So can I have the money?

He's blocking the way out, it's getting cold because I'm still naked, and I want to go to class, so I agree to spot him the money.

Image: Awesome. Thanks, dude. We should go bowling later on.

Image: Bowling?

Image: Yeah, it's the ultimate sport. There are almost no women bowlers either, making it also the manliest sport.

Image: Heh.

Excel is the world champion in bowling.

Image: Should I wear my pink bowling shirt with matching shoes or the pastel green with flower accents?

Image: There are bowling clothes?

Image: Maybe.

Image: Anyway, you had better pay me back.

Image: I can pay you back in stuff, right?

I don't have the time to ask him to elaborate on what that means.

Image: I don't know. I have to get to class, you're kind of in the way.

Image: Oh. Sorry. Yeah, I don't want to hold you up, and I have some stuff to do myself. The time has come.

Image: The time for what?

Image: I just like saying that.

Image: Okay, now the time has really come.

Image: For what?

Image: I have to use the bathroom. Get out of it.

Image: I was just going to! And what does that mean? It's a big bathroom.

Image: So? I have to be alone or I can't go. The pressure...

Image: Okay. What if someone else comes in?

Image: I'll think of something.

I give him my practiced frown and it looks kind of silly reflected in his glasses. He either doesn't notice or doesn't see, anyway, so I get dressed and run back to my room, feeling as though an eternity has passed since I woke up.

That is time I will never get back. I'll get him for this somehow.

But right now, I have to get to class.

*BGM* - School Days

Link

I'm the first person in class today, although I think I'm a little too early. Then again, sitting here alone for twenty minutes sure beats having to suffer that time with Kenji.

The combination of fatigue, frustration and boredom starts making me feel very tired.

I black out for a second, waking up when my head hits the surface of my desk. Rubbing my forehead, I realize this is as good a reason as any to stay up for now and stop coming to class so early later.

Eventually, I hear a tapping noise outside in the hallway, and Lilly's tall figure appears in the doorway. She's not in this class, so she must have some other business. Maybe she's looking for Hanako.

Lilly stops at the door, looking hesitant as if she was a vampire who can't come in unless invited. I consider doing so because she looks rather lonesome standing there.

She steps in on her own accord though, after straightening her skirt and shirt collar as if it was of importance to look prim when entering our classroom.

Image: Excuse me.

She calls into the quiet classroom with a probing, delicate voice. I realize the silence might unnerve her because of her blindness so I break it.

Image: Good morning, Lilly.

Image: Hisao? Good morning. I didn't hear you come in.

I wonder if she thinks it's suspicious I didn't say anything to her before. It's likely. If I were to tell too big a lie now, it would sink me.

Image: Well, I was already here, just asleep until now.

Image: Oh. Have you seen Hanako today, by any chance?

Image: No, she seems to come in only just before the bells ring... or after that. Do you want me to tell her something for you?

Image: No, it's fine. It's strange, but I think we're the only two people in the school right now. I didn't hear anyone else on my way here.

Image: I shouldn't have gotten up so early today, I guess.

Image: You're chastising yourself for doing something that other people should? Punctuality is a good thing. I think so, anyway.

Image: It's a very busy morning today. The festival is coming up soon, and today is the deadline for event registration, budget reports, and any other official paperwork.

Image: It could be that everyone is trying to complete the necessary forms at the last minute. Maybe that is why it's so quiet today.

Image: Hi~ hi~!

Misha pops into the room with Shizune as if on cue, shouting with a loudness that makes Lilly visibly flinch.

Image: Hi, Hicchan~!

Image: Hi.

Image: Look, it's the class representative~! Hello~!

Lilly smiles, probably amused by Misha's - or Shizune's - use of the word look.

Image: Good morning.

Image: Of course, you're not the representative of this class, right, right~?

Image: I'm not.

Lilly seems a little more guarded in her answers to Shizune than she was with me the other day. I guess they really don't get along at all.

Then I realize that Lilly might actually not know Shizune is present and she's trying to detect whether or not she is, to know who she is talking to.

For all she knows, she's talking to Misha, but knowing that she and Shizune are practically inseparable, she might expect Shizune being the one that actually talks.

Damn, how complicated. I decide to help Lilly out, for my own peace of mind more than anything else.

Image: You're here early, Shizune.

Image: You were here even earlier than us!

Misha puffs out her cheeks angrily. Why is she getting angry? Does she feel emotions on Shizune's behalf, too?

It's not that weird, though, that Shizune didn't like my little comment. It's true, I was here earlier than them, so me saying something like that could definitely be misinterpreted as anything.

Especially to Shizune, who doesn't have the benefit of hearing tone to gauge intent.

Before I can start weighing whether or not I should apologize, Shizune has already moved on.

Image: ...ALL HAIL JJLEHTO

Image: Class rep~! It's a good thing you're here~! We have to talk.

Image: The festival is coming up in three days, right? Every other class has already handed in their projected budget reports for their events! Even the first-years! Except you~!

Image: Wahaha~!

Image: There is still time to hand it in, isn't there?

Image: Today! The deadline is today! You're certainly taking your time, aren't you? If I had it my way, I'd have had all of the necessary paperwork days ago, but someone~! had to say 'the deadline, please extend it~!'

Image: Yes, that was me. Planning something on this scale is not a small task, and a week is too small a time frame to expect a whole class to work out such a complex issue completely.

Image: Do you want to know what's harder than distributing the funds for one class' event? Handling the same matter for every class in the school and then some~! The one who does that is me!

Misha puts her hands on her hips and stands up straight. Wow, she is really getting into the role. Lilly doesn't look like she's very amused, though.

Image: Hey, Shizune, aren't you being a little too hard on her? There's still a whole day left.

Image: Please, Hisao. It's all right.

Lilly seems happy I'm taking her side, but a bit conflicted that I might not think she can take care of herself.

Image: If this is about the budget, then I'm disappointed you think I have forgotten about it. I understand how important it is.

Image: Then~! Can I have it, please?

Image: Shizune, she might not have it on her at this exact second.

Image: It's not here right now. I asked two students to take care of it for me. Students from my class.

She emphasizes the last sentence much to my surprise. She knows about Shizune and Misha's efforts to rope me into the Student Council?

I guess word must've gotten around, so now she's using me as ammo against Shizune. This just gets better and better...

Image: It was your responsibility~! A budget report isn't something you should just be delegating away; as class rep, it's your job to be on top of things! This kind of disregard for proper procedure is really just terrible~!

Image: They completed it, being capable of doing so, but the students have been sick recently, so they could not come to school and give it back to me. If you want, I will apologize on their behalf for getting sick.

Image: Okay~!

Although Misha misses Lilly's little jab entirely, Shizune doesn't, and she seems torn between being offended by Lilly's daring and jumping for joy at the prospect of a challenge.

Image: Lilly, don't they live here at the school? That's a five minute walk, you know~.

Image: What could they possibly have that prevents them from taking five minutes out of their busy lives... to drop off something that will affect the enjoyment of their entire class?

Lilly opens her mouth to say something, but Shizune closes the gap between them and starts signing furiously, waving her hands around like an orchestra conductor.

Misha tries her best to convey the same passion, but can't seem to lose her normal cheerful tone. The result is interesting and somewhat surreal.

Image: And what's with that attitude~? I said that it's not something you should be delegating away; are you the class representative or aren't you?

Image: Tell me the names of those two students, they should have your job if you can't even handle something this simple yourself.

Image: One form isn't the full extent of what I am supposed to take care of.

Lilly's tone is growing slightly impatient, but she is doing a good job of not letting Shizune she how unsettled she is becoming. She's playing her cards close to her chest.

Shizune, on the other hand, wraps her fingers cheerfully along the edge of her glasses, knowing Lilly can neither hear nor see how excited she is.

Image: Of course, you do so much, class rep~! It must be so difficult being you~!

Lilly tightens her lips at Misha's words, clearly understanding the intent behind them even though Misha delivers them without even a hint of the sarcasm which they were meant to have.

Shizune and Lilly don't like each other, that much is clear, but this seems a little much. It seems like Lilly has had enough and is ready to push back.

BGM - DEATH BATTLE

4 pcs.

Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:04 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
Nu~ ;—; Cow is dead dot tiff~

I'm gripped by the gripping grip this has on my grip! I'm glad you're playing through this because I can't be bothered: I already have the CG set.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Noice music choice in final battle.

I'm back.... as a zombie lol

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun May 01, 2016 5:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
Lel, boobs and personality. What a classic :P I liked the cow!

1 pcs.

Mon May 09, 2016 5:46 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 4
Level 4

Cash on hand:
Group: Їи$aиїту
D-d-d-d-d-DEATH BATTLE?!?!?
Well lets have it then!!! :fireeye :fireeye :fireeye

1 pcs.

Sat May 21, 2016 1:05 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
*BGM*
The battle was reaching well over 3 months and a half, yet Shizune and Lilly did not concede a single inch. Yamaku High school was a smoldering pile of ash and rubble, along with the shattered remains of the nearby town. In fact, the entire countryside was a mishmash of glassed soil, craters still red-hot and smoldering. Despite their battle wrecking more than half the world and knocking earth off its polar alignment, neither fighters appeared to be backing down.

Shizune, with a sneer, began her next salvo - a massive ki energy beam. Lilly, frowning back, countered with a lock beam with equal gusto. The sparks flew as the massive energy blasts met, each spark blasting massive holes in the ground as I ran for my very life, narrowly avoiding the massive explosions that rocked the earth like a rolling assault of earthquakes. The nearby wall, shattered as it was, gave way. I jumped back before I was buried under the bricks, and my leg caught on some steel rebar and I stumbled backwards-

*BGM* High Tension

I inhaled sharply as my eyes adjusted to the sight as I slipped through this reality to another - back to one that seemed more... normal.

Image: I was actually just discussing the budget report before you came by. You must be very talented to have finished all your student council duties so quickly that you can track me down to make sure I don't forget my own.

Image: Are you accusing me of slacking off? It seems like you're confusing me with yourself~!

Image: I don't think so. That would be a very difficult thing for me to do; comparing myself to you.

Image: You're right, the difference between us is like heaven and hell.

Image: And it's not hard to guess which one you might represent.

The air between them ripples with the heat of their enmity. Well, not really. They can't disguise it any more, though. Even Misha looks like she's beginning to understand the real nature of this conversation.

Image: Hicchan~! Don't you slack off either~!

Image: ....What are you talking about?

Image: Aren't you taking part in the festival, Hicchan? You are, aren't you? Then~! I hope you're going to do a lot more to make sure it goes smoothly than this person~!

I don't understand why Shizune is suddenly getting mad at me.

Its time to make a choice. I've been helping Shizune all this time, but if I want to get to Misha, I need to draw some lines. Now.

Image: Hey, I'm the new guy, remember?

Image: It's not like I could've done much, even if I wanted.

Image: That's right, you shouldn't expect a transfer student to jump right into it on his first week.

Lilly taking my side feels oddly comforting so I decide to back her up too.

Image: Yeah you're being unreasonable with us both.

Image: Excuses, excuses. Miss Class Rep has had plenty of time to deal with her report.

Image: And we repeatedly offered you a position to help with the student council work, but you refused to commit yourself to making the festival a success.

Image: Yeah, but as I said back then, I'm not sure if...

I don't have time for this right now; no matter what I do, it will mean being drawn into a confrontation with Shizune, and that is what she wants.

Image: Whatever. Forget it.

I turn my back at them.

I get back to my seat and shut my ears from the finale of the argument between Lilly and Shizune.

Eventually, Lilly leaves our classroom and Shizune and Misha seat themselves, without talking to me.

Without talking to me.

[BGM]- HEAVEN HELP THE MAN, I'M FREE!

Image: I'm free!

Image: wat

Image: Nothin', n0th1n... :)

Image: If you say so, Hisao. Lets start the class.

I can feel Shizune's eyes burning into my back. She is probably angry with me, but I am just as angry with her.

I don't get why she had to drag me into the argument.

Image: At least you understand... Chen... :P

-

BGM - Afternoon

Hanako doesn't come to the morning class at all, leaving her seat looking empty and lonely in the back of the classroom.

I have to tell her that Lilly was looking for her if I see her later.

After the events of this morning, class is pretty boring in comparison. I turn the pages of my textbook lazily.

We've been covering the same amount of pages each day, so reading ahead is more or less giving myself a preview of what tomorrow's lesson will be about.

The clock at the front of the room sounds unbearably loud. The teacher hasn't said anything in over seven minutes, instead opting to cover the board in rows and rows of equations taken directly from the book.

The rhythmic clashing of chalk on blackboard seems to synchronize perfectly with the ticking of the clock.

When the bell rings, I'm not in a hurry, so I stay for a while, reviewing what we covered in class today. I prefer to leave last anyway, so I don't have to deal with crowding in the hallways.

I notice Shizune and Misha have also stayed behind, talking to someone from another class.

Shizune's signing so fast that her hands make noises like swords cutting through the air.

Misha is trying desperately to keep up, but it's clear she can barely manage to even understand her.

I put my head down. Whatever they're discussing, it looks like serious business. Probably way over my head. Not just that, but Shizune also seems angry, although it could just be her normal severity making it appear so.

Shizune signs to the point where her wrists crackle, and Misha struggles to spit it out in word form.

Sometimes she trips over herself like she's dealing with tongue twisters. And then on top of that, she has to sign back anything the other girl says.

Seems like a rough job.

Misha looks tired, like she's about to faint.

Luckily for her, their business is soon finished and the girls sit down on their seats again.

Image: Uwaaah! I'm so tired!

She's hanging her head limply on her desk, looking exhausted.

Image: Festival preparations must be tough for you.

Indeed, the people in this school seem to be taking the festival very seriously. Whenever I see people idling around before and after classes they're always talking about their plans for it.

It's kind of neat to see everyone being so enthusiastic about it.

I'm probably the only one who doesn't have something to do.

Shizune starts signing at me and Misha perks up, looking at her hands with slightly unfocused eyes.

She signs with harsh, heavy, dramatic strokes.

Misha translates her signing into speech for me.

She does it so well it's almost like Shizune is actually speaking, transmitting her thoughts directly through Misha.

Image: Well, we're in the Student Council, you know, so we're pretty busy.

Image: It's an important duty of ours, to ensure the success of the festival with all our strength!

Image: We would shame ourselves in front of the past student council generations if the festival were to fail!

Shizune nods solemnly as she reads Misha's signage, as she sticks out her pointer fingers and runs one across her stomach and another across her neck.

Seppuku, huh?

Image: ...Really?

Image: What?

Seems like Misha completely missed the seppuku reenactment.

Image: Nothing.

Nodding, Misha continues.

Image: That's why there must be no flaws, no.... eeeeerrr I think that was 'incumbrances', no nothing that might make the festival short of perfect.

Shizune's passionate speech and Misha's enacting are really oddly fitting of them.

Image: Oh? Hello~!

I look over my shoulder and see... nothing. No one there. As I look away, my peripheral vision catches something moving... the door?

No... it's someone, wearing clothes that so perfectly fit the color and texture of the wall and door that my eyes had simply passed over. As it flickered off into an everyday school uniform, I recognized her. It was Hanako, peering timidly into the classroom, most of her body now hidden behind the door.

Suddenly, the earpiece in my ear canal beeped - an incoming call.

Image: OctoCamo is a newly developed camouflage technology that's capable of almost exactly mimicking the appearance of objects and surfaces.

Image: Its easy to use, too. All you have to do is press against a wall or object, or lie flat on the ground, while wearing the suit. It can be a powerful tool if you use it right. So tell me, how was it?

Image: Gave me a jumpscare. Almost.

Image: That suit can mimic the color, pattern, and even the surface texture of walls and floors. Kind of like procuring your own camo on sight, right?

Image: I see. Thanks for the info, Otacon.

Image: You're welcome. *CLICK*

Image: Hey! Playing delinquent again?

Hanako blushes hard at Misha's straightforward jab, even if it was only in jest.

Shizune stares at her probingly, causing Hanako to look down and start backing away to the point where only her fingers can be seen wrapped nervously around the edge of the door.

Maybe she is showing her dislike of Hanako by association of her dislike of Lilly.

It appears so, and Hanako probably knows it as well.

They seem to have momentarily forgotten about trying to get me to stay for the rest of the day.

Image: What is it, Hanako?

Image: H... has Lilly been here?

Image: Sorry, Satou is not here. She, eh, came by in the morning though.

Hanako keeps looking uneasily at Shizune, who stares back at her with her usual studying gaze. What is she trying to do?

Of course Shizune isn't going to look away, and she is intimidating enough as it is, so I can only imagine how terrified Hanako would be.

It is a little funny though, watching Hanako's reaction to Shizune's normal behavior. This is what happens when two people of two different extremes meet, it seems.

Image: Do... do you know where she is?

Image: If she has any sense in her head, she's in her classroom, working on their festival project. But who knows where that woman is loitering at.

Hanako nods and retreats with haste, flicking on her camouflaged suit. Before my eyes, her shape flows into the wall, and her soft footfalls slowly fade away.

Image: ... that is some tech. I want a suit like that.

Image: What were we talking about? Oh yeah, we are really working hard to make the festival happen!

Image: And driving other people insane along the way. :errg

I don't know sign language, but everyone knows what WHATDIDYOUSAAYY, NIQQAA!!! is. In any language.

I don't answer, and stand up to leave before either of them can berate me any more for slacking off.

The halls are somewhat quiet, as expected. Everyone must be in club meetings or at festival preparations. Or both.

Shizune's words about being a slacker echo in my head.

I feel a bit guilty about not contributing, but I seem to lack the resolve to do something concrete about the matter.

For the festival, it's too late already unless I count helping Shizune and Misha which I naturally don't. And clubs... I don't know.

Maybe I'm not a club type of a person.

BGM - Air guitar

Halfway through the way from the school building to the dorms I spot a figure in front of the dorms.

It's Rin.

It looks like she is working on her mural today too.

I walk over to her, but she doesn't seem to notice me approaching.

She's sitting on an upturned box, looking intently at the wall she is painting with a brush held between her toes.

The mural has progressed considerably since yesterday but it's still only half-done as far as I can tell.

Before I could open my mouth to greet her, the painting shifted - as if someone was messing with the hue sliders, then several of the twisted figures leapt out to attack!

*BOSS BATTLE BGM*
A HUNDRED UNBORN HORRORS!

Image: RIN!

That's when I realized that the person I thought was Rin, was actually a very well-shaded painting. Her cold, lifeless eyes seemed to judge me as the twisted abominations shambled closer.

It's a boss fight!

4 pcs.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:48 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
No replies? Must be the Evening Calm season in FH... :errg

-

Tentacles! Arms! Eyes! Legs! The mass of flesh overwhelmed me before I could even take a step back - let alone scream. My heart thudded painfully in my head as I felt the cold dread of the palpitations go out of control. Screaming, I managed to land a good punch in one of the leering eyeballs as the monstrous, shambling forms as the searing, familiar pain started in my ribs - growing out like a nightmarish maelstrom of agony in my body as I ran out of breath.

My lungs could no longer draw in air - the monstrous limbs crushing my ribs, choking the life out of me made sure of that. I heard a sickening crack in my chest as one of my ribs splintered under the massive crushing force.

Unable to withstand the combined agony of arrhythmic heart failure, fracture and suffocation, I screamed in agony.

Link

-

Silence. My vision no longer makes sense. I watch the sky as it undulates with color. I have to say, the style is quite eye-catching and very unique. Not that I would be knowledgeable about art by any measurable scale, but it's very nice-looking, nevertheless. The wind roars hard in my ears for a while, and then I realize I'm breathing.

Art?

That's right...

I shake my head and get up, and my perspective rights itself.

Link

BGM - Air Guitar.

I clear my throat to get her attention, but not startle her so that her concentration won't break.

Image: Wait.

She doesn't even turn to check who it is.

I'll wait.

AT LEAST 100 YEARS LATER...

Fifteen minutes later I decide that her concentration is indeed unbroken, and also that I have waited long enough to warrant poking her gently on the shoulder to remind her of my presence.

Rin turns her head mechanically to my direction, ending up staring at my crotch level.

Image: :confused

Image: Oh, it's Hisao.

Link

BGM - Parity

She can tell just by looking at my pingas? I would feel a lot less uncomfortable if she would look at my face.

Image: An astute observation, Dr. Rin. Hard at work, I see.

The conversation starts as if I hadn't been here for a quarter of an hour already, but it's not a concern. At least it starts.

Image: Looking good.

It does, the layers of paint hiding other layers of paint, mixing and shaping the human figures really create an impressive look. But Rin looks miffed.

Image: You shouldn't comment on works in progress. Seven years of bad luck.

Image: Sounds terrible. I guess I'll take it back then.

Still, it looks good. I wonder if I get fourteen years of bad luck for thinking that.

Rin turns back to look at her painting and pokes it with a big toe.

Image: Could you mix some of this color? I am running out of it.

She looks down at a half-empty bowl with the remains of the same pinkish paint in it.

I didn't really intend to stay and help her with this project though... I guess I didn't intend to do anything much.

I look at Rin, she looks emptily back at me.

Image: Just this once.

Rin picks up another brush and drenches it in another tone of pale red. There are dozens of similar bowls all around her working area. From the looks of this scene she could have been sitting there for hours.

I wonder if she has. That would mean she'd have been skipping school though, which I of course wouldn't put beyond someone like Rin.

I pour a little bit of white and red into the bowl, trying to match the color with the one already on the wall.

I can't seem to get it right.

It's really inconvenient of her to not mix enough in the first place. Getting it to be exactly the same tone will be impossible, but at least I can try to get as close as I can.

Image: Speaking of hard work, isn't that a huge workload for you too? It's such a big painting and all.

Image: Oh, I'm not old and bitter enough yet to think like that.

Image: I guess you aren't.

Image: You guessed right.

Image: Legs hurt though. They feel like slugs. Slugs made of sea slugs.

Image: Ow.

Image: Because of the position?

Image: Yeah, I like doing it in a horizontal position more, if you know what I'm talking about.

Image: But it can't be helped. Can't ask the wall to lay down.

Saying that, she stretches herself a little, bending her legs and back far more than a human should flex. It's astonishing how effortlessly she manages her body around.

There is a small flinch in her otherwise blank expression - a hint of pain maybe - as she stretches out her calves.

Rin must have stamina and dexterity far above a normal person to be able to live like she does, but she's wearing out working on this.

Image: Why push yourself so much? Take a break or something at least. Continue tomorrow if it's bad.

This gives her a pause.

A long one too, feeling like a mental yawn.

Image: I don't think so, Hisao.

Image: I'm not pushing myself.

Image: Sure looks like you are.

Image: No. It's not about pushing or pulling or anything related to that kind of thing.

Image: There is this boy.

Image: A boy?

Image: Yes.

Image: Where?

Image: At the art club.

Image: Err... and?

Image: He is blind.

Image: ... Kenji...? ...Naah...

Image: Oh. How can you paint if you are blind?

Image: No idea.

Image: So why is he there?

Image: That's the point. He is there.

She really should speak more than one word at a time to make this feel more like a discussion and less like an interrogation.

Image: He can't really do anything that you'd call art, right? But he comes there anyway. And paints.

Image: Why?

Image: I don't know. Why?

Image: I don't know. That's why I asked.

Image: So?

Image: He doesn't paint often but I think his paintings are very interesting.

Image: I'm sure they are.

Image: I once tried that. Painting with my eyes closed.

Image: Wasn't too interesting. And cleaning up the floor took ages. Didn't try again.

Image: But he is becoming better at sculpting.

Image: I see.

Maybe she was trying to make a point with this. Maybe she forgot she had one.

Image: Seems like the art club is full of interesting people.

Image: Not really.

Pretty blunt statement, and she totally missed the sarcasm.

Image: No?

Image: Just like I said. They are not very interesting. I usually don't have much interest in people who are not interesting.

Image: Maybe you have.

Image: Maybe.

Image: But that boy is interesting.

Image: Maybe I am like that boy, or maybe you are. Maybe everyone is.

Image: Doing things you can't do, just because you can.

That's pretty deep I think, and tell that to her.

Image: You're a deep one.

Image: Nah. I'm a really shallow and thoughtless person. People say that to me all the time.

Image: You great big ol' tsundere, you... :mrgreen

Image: Did you know I can only think of four things at the same time?

Image: No, but now I do.

Image: Right now I'm thinking of the second floor's girls' toilet, ice-cream-flavored ice cream, the middle toe, and a haircut.

Image: I'm going to need a haircut.

She shakes her head around vigorously, letting her short and messy hair ruffle wildly around. I can see that doing it is something she likes to do.

We fall silent as Rin treads around absentmindedly, poking some brushes around. The thought about the art club sticks in my head for a while longer.

I'm feeling like I'm treading on very unknown territory with art. The way these meetings with Rin go, it's as though I'm starting a smoking habit or something. I should probably stop talking with her.

It's not like I dislike her, despite the confusion her being herself causes, and I don't dislike art either. I've even drawn for fun sometimes. I just don't have a real creative drive, or any technical skill.

So usually, if I were to draw something, I get white paper syndrome and just freeze completely.

That, or I manage to draw something disfigured and promptly get frustrated at my inability to put the picture in my head down on the paper, then call it quits without really even trying to make an effort.

Rin clearly doesn't have this problem... but she frustrates me in another way. Being with her is like looking into a mirror that doesn't reflect anything.

It makes one question the sanity of the act.

Rin sits down on her box, swaying from side to side, apparently comfortable with the uncomfortable silence. She is staring at me again, or maybe over my shoulder. I can't quite figure out where her eyes are focused on.

I'm thinking of leaving so she can carry on working undistracted and that I can do whatever I'm going to do alone. It's not like I have anything that must be done today...

Image: Oh, shoot.

Image: Who? :errg

Image: Nobody, I just forgot to tell Hanako that Lilly was looking for her.

Image: Do you know her? From my class?

Image: Oh, her. The Mystery Toilet Girl.

Image: That person is funny. I saw her going to the toilet five times during one recess three weeks ago. I'm sure it's the world record.

Image: It was very mysterious.

Image: That's why you call her Mystery Toilet Girl?

Image: What other reason could there possibly be? Well, if there is, it's an eternal mystery. I didn't follow her in there.

Image: Maybe it was the week before that? Could have been.

Image: Looking at her makes me hungry.

She licks her lips and grins.

Image: Don't say that.

Image: At least, not around her.

Rin turns to look at me blankly, as if she's not sure why I reproved her.

But she doesn't acknowledge understanding any more than before, so I give up at this point.

Image: So do you want to go eat dinner then?

Image: No. Not yet.

Rin has turned her hungry gaze back to the wall, looking slightly more energetic, or at least slightly less lethargic than she did before.

It's as if the wall is an opponent she has to vanquish, something she must overcome before she can indulge in dinner.

This is the feeling I get. A weird sense of empathy overcomes me and makes me smile a little to myself.

For all her oddity, Rin is pretty cool after all.

Image: I'll be going anyway.

Image: Have fun.

Rin has already grasped a brush and is dipping it into fresh paint, so of course she can't hear me any more or doesn't answer anything even if she does.

-

Later that day...

Adhering to the nurse's nagging voice in the back of my head, I set my alarm clock to wake me up early enough to go jogging again.

I made a promise and I'm going to keep it. Besides, Emi is bound to rat on me if I don't show up.

Image: Goddamn MIB spooks...

But it's not all that bad.

Link

I'm getting used to the passing of time. There's some nice music at the back, too.

My morning alarm goes off, and I flail about uselessly for a while until I remember that I'd decided to give morning runs another shot.

I don't know if this was my greatest idea, but I'm determined to keep going.

This is about my health, after all.

Sure, things haven't been great lately for me, but that hasn't made existence so intolerable that I'm not going to try everything I can to stay healthy.

Besides, it's all about asserting some kind of control over this thing, right?

If I can manage that, well, I can manage anything.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Once again, it would appear that I'm not alone in my run.

Emi has apparently been here for some time.

It looks like she's already worked up a good sweat.

Just when the hell does she come here, anyway? 2AM?

Link

Suddenly, the music cuts...

Link

Image: How are you, gentlemen?

Image: All your carbs are belong to us.

Image: You are on the way to fitness.

Image: What you say?!

Image: You have no chance to be fat, make your size...

Image: Hahaha...

Image: ... captain?

Image: ... Take off every run!

Image: You know what you doing...

Image: Move, legs! For great justice!

With the power of the Old Ones, I sped off the track before she could offer a rebuttal.

4 pcs.

Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:43 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next