Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Energy Drinks 
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Energy Drinks
I'm somewhat of a conisuar of energy drinks, I've tried many brands and flavors. Some are actually very good, some are terrible, most will give you a decent kick of energy unless you grow a tolerances to them.
Talk about, suggest, rate various energy drinks here.
I'll start with some of my favorites:

Full Throttle: Made by Coca-Cola company, I honestly think these are the best tasting, and my favorite, energy drinks. They tend to be heavier on the caffeine then on lots of other vitamins in comparison to many other energy drinks. Red, Blue, Black can't go wrong for the most part. The "natural" kind is pretty disgusting though.

Amp: By Pepsi/mountain dew. The regular kind tastes exactly like mountain dew. The various berry kinds and others are usually pretty good.

Sobe: Not as great as the above, but decent flavor, similar to full throttle in taste but more vitamins. Stay away from "natural" if you want to be able to finish it.

Rockstar: a bit of an acquired taste. Tastes like a mixture of liquid childrens vitamins (a common taste I've found with some energy drinks) and Vaseline. The vaseline, to me, actually helps the taste, as I've had other drinks which have a similar combination, but weaker on the vaseline, which were undrinkable to me. Takes a bit to get used to the taste but it gets a bit better as it goes on.

Rip it: New brand I've been trying lately. Some have the strong vitamin flavor which I am not a huge fan of. However, their Citrus flavor tastes exactly like Orange soda (a good orange soda at that). This also has the plus of being only 99 cents as opposed to the 2.50+ of most other energy drinks.

My dishonorable mention:

Mad Croc: I couldn't stand even the small shots of this stuff. Super concentrated liquid vitamin flavor, with a slight hint of the Vaseline which didn't help anything here.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:58 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:
Post Re: Energy Drinks
Energy drinks are VERY unhealthy for you.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:14 pm
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
I never saw the point in energy drinks. One time I bought a red bull for something to do. It didnt give me energy, it gave me a slight buzz. I felt ripped off. I wasted $5 on that shit. (not only that it tasted weird)

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:02 pm
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:
My energy drink is Pepsi MAX. Caffiene + Ginseng + Me = Me + Awareness x 100.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 pm
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
PepsiMAX I don't think is intense enough to be called an energy drink, but in that line I would say Volt is also a good drink.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:05 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
Well I think if you want energy, have a quick kitty nap. It's like four cups of coffee if you relax and clear your mind.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:05 pm
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:
But I'm not a cat...

I guess I'll have a quick human nap. :P

Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:01 pm
Tech Admin
Tech Admin

Cash on hand:
Group: Assist Admins
As if n0th1n would ever nap. Anyway, from what a friend told me (and she could be wrong, I don't know), the way energy drinks/caffeinated drinks in general work is by more or less sustaining your current energy level for longer. So if you're already feeling really tired at the time you drink it, it might not help you much because you're just retaining that level of tiredness for longer.

Quick naps are good though, if you know how long to sleep. 20 minute intervals are supposedly (again, don't know for sure) the best for naps; any more or less and it would actually make you more groggy, etc. Don't know the reason for it, if it's true. Possibly something to do with the sleep cycles that you go through (20 minutes might guarantee that you don't enter deep sleep, which will prevent you from waking up abruptly in the middle and disrupting your sleep).

But getting back to the main topic: I like the Sobe Green Tea energy drinks, though I like the rest of Sobe stuff too (haven't tried black tea yet...). Amp and full throttle's good too. I think it was Monster that I absolutely hated when you (n0th1n) gave me some to try last year when we first met. Whatever that shit was, it was disgusting. And no, again, it was not Sobe. C-store changes what it stocks all the time.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:02 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Ok, honestly this was not about how effective or logical energy drinks are, or whats the best way to stay awake/have energy. It was a comparison of specifically Energy Drinks. Personally I was comparing them on flavor rather than much of anything else anyway, although we could discuss effectiveness of between energy drinks.

And I do take naps, all the time, you often like to wake me up from them.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:10 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]