Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Forkheads needs more content 
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Forkheads needs more content
The orginal Forkheads, most of the users where attracted from Newgrounds off of Klacid's Flash cartoons and games. Since Klacid has stopped making those cartoons, most of the new users have been coming in through the users of Forkheads asking their friends to join (Examples that come to mind are Toast and Rosie). There's only a few that were attracted in through Lime's game. Most of those people left. Most of the content on here is pretty stale. That's why most of the time the userbase is stable with just the regulars and their friends invited through. And well, sorry to say, most of the content sucks. Pretty much where it's at is the spam forum, though that's just not enough to keep people here. My friend posts once and awhile, though she ussually gets quickly bored (She posted under the usernames glaria and tuna_kitten)
I guess one thing that would help is to make the content more visible. Instead of having that opening sequence on the front page re-direct to a forum, make a actual website that has games, animations and art. Since the majority of people who never been here before will see that open sequence and be greeted by all this clutter and quickly click out. If there was something to look at like cartoons and games, they might want to click over to the forum. Though most of the time people dont want to come to a forum they never been to without anything else to entice them.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
Post Re: Forkheads needs more content
I did. What I just said is you should have a website where that opening animation is. The way things are layed out people are going to miss the animations and games. They're just going to be greeted by clutter. A lot of people will get bored and click out. You have to catch their attention.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:32 pm
Tech Admin
Tech Admin

Cash on hand:
Group: Assist Admins
^That was something he was working on long before you posted about it. His priorities have been the forums instead of getting that up because people won't give him time to rest otherwise.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:57 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Not Quite Left-Winged
Not Quite Left-Winged

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
Oh hey, CF, if you look on the top of the page, at the Header, you'll notice a glaringly obvious button, it's blue and it has yellow writing on it. It says "Game" You can spot it a thousand pixels away. :)

Oh and thanks for the uptake, we totally didn't declare we needed more content... what two years ago? three? Hell, at one time Hanzo and I were supposed to try to learn Flash

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:23 am
Profile E-mail
Shocksock
Shocksock

Cash on hand:
pinkturbokitty wrote:
The orginal Forkheads, most of the users where attracted from Newgrounds off of Klacid's Flash cartoons and games. Since Klacid has stopped making those cartoons, most of the new users have been coming in through the users of Forkheads asking their friends to join (Examples that come to mind are Toast and Rosie). There's only a few that were attracted in through Lime's game. Most of those people left. Most of the content on here is pretty stale. That's why most of the time the userbase is stable with just the regulars and their friends invited through. And well, sorry to say, most of the content sucks. Pretty much where it's at is the spam forum, though that's just not enough to keep people here. My friend posts once and awhile, though she ussually gets quickly bored (She posted under the usernames glaria and tuna_kitten)
I guess one thing that would help is to make the content more visible. Instead of having that opening sequence on the front page re-direct to a forum, make a actual website that has games, animations and art. Since the majority of people who never been here before will see that open sequence and be greeted by all this clutter and quickly click out. If there was something to look at like cartoons and games, they might want to click over to the forum. Though most of the time people dont want to come to a forum they never been to without anything else to entice them.

tl;dr

Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]