Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Aw.. shit. 
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post Re: Aw.. shit.
I spent long time trying to find a way to make more ttf fonts to convert into images that blender can read. there is however one fatal glitch in all this.

the dynamic text has no character limit, that and it doesn't autowrap when it hit's the edge of it's "page"

because of that the plan is now to employ each glyph character image onto 1 plane each, then give each one a property of it's corresponding glyph then program the typing rules as well as program the text wrapper, then set character limits and insert holders inbetween each plane for a "cursor" then program the cursor to move with key presses and mouse clicks and movements from point to point and send the property data to the copy text buffer character by character such as selection=('(plane1 property)'+'(plane 2 property)' ETC.)

for now a break, the project will fall behind schedule a bit.

Side project to free my mind, I need a high res pic of slutty Mcslut with clothes

Text problem fixed, color is scalable via IPO by changing the object color, spec and mir colors.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue May 13, 2014 10:09 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Update:

The mouse is bugging the F out. I successfully managed to divide the screen by the "game space" and got the cursor to appear in all 4 portions of the plane EXCEPT the center lines it avoids them like the plague. and some of the mouse directionals are backwards.

it is possible if I fix the directionals it will work seamlessly, it is also possible it may continue to avoid the center regions.

I tried scripting it to accept the center regions however 0 is less than half width so it ignored my counter script.

if all else fails I will kick the mouse off the screen and do it the old way.

Edit: I gave up on all else, so the OS's mouse got the boot off the screen and has been effectively replaced with a 3D cube.

Next to report, the project officially has a code name:

Project Bane

it is so called because my MMO is open source, which I realized is like the bane of the MMO industry because an open source MMO menas every slack jaw could edit it to make thier own.. and that would spread out the customer base and make MMOs largely unprofitable. the thought has come to me to use this to blackmail MMO companies.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue May 20, 2014 6:01 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Bugs, I ran into an overloading bug in the logic bricks, eventuallyh blender just ignores new bricks, I've encountered it before, and have taken measures to circumvent it, but it's still not finished circumvention will take a while.

meanwhile the chinese government has seen fit to start blocking search engines, and if they can't block the search engine they block redirect page results. they have also put a new script into The Great FireWall of China that automatically kills connectivity to "strange" unknown websites before it's server has botted every page of the site and parsed the content to make sure there is nothing objectionable. Further more aparently any sort of online login page login triggers a disconnect during the next page's loading.

this has wreaked havoc on my webmail, I can log-in but it won't load the messages. I even had problems logging in to forkheads.

this may have somehting to do with the damn computer mechanic who installed my new speakers, he also tried to install a driver for the speakers with some chinese driver writer software, which completely obliterated my WinSock and WinSock2 installations, I had to reinstall them before I could get online again, which was not fun finding out how to do. My best guess is somewhere either by his software or me res=installing winsock I have either forgotten to install key networking components or picked up a chinavirus that forces my computer to comply with GFW rules.

not sure maybe fluffy or parpol or yom might have a good Idea how to solve this issue..

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:13 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Update;

I can type 2 characters with the cursor automatically going forward to the next spot, it should be 3 characters but the first one just auto forwards to the second spot for some unknown reason, it must be a faulty trigger, either way this is good news, cause if I can do 3 characters, then I can do 10, 25, 300, 1000 or however many I wish to allow in any given text box.

next is programming text interjection inbetween previously typed characters.

after that is text reading

next is text message sending to the server and a server response. then; Character designer.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Random generation of characters?

4 pcs.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:51 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
YomToxic wrote:
Random generation of characters?

Nope, by key press. whatever key you press is what you get, thats the way a text box should work lol.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:15 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Many thanks to parpol for hinting that people can go for a masters without a bachelor, I have finished my research proposal, the plan is to use The Game I'm making as "professional experience" naturally this means I can make the game AND get a masters degree for it which is like a double win for me.

I will continue the development process starting later today or tomorrow, not much left to do before we see some graphics.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:09 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
And they said FH wasn't educational. :P

4 pcs.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:11 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Update, no more bugs, I can type 3 characters or more and space and backspace work. There is still more to do for the writer but for now I need to focus on making a working reader.

Todo list: (Key; != important, $ = finished, @=currently on, -=notes, " " = not finished and not of immediate importance.)
Writer/Mover:
1:delete text characters on backspace
2:clickies for each character slot (they send a message to the cursor to tell it to goto that location)
3:text forwarding (makes characters after the current text slot move forwards to the next slot(s) when a character is typed between already present characters) AKA no double character writing.
4:text selector (for copy and delete functions)
5: set limitations to the mover (place) property, such as cannot be less than 0 and cannot be more than 25. !

Reader:
1: make each letter have a property containing it's character as a string. $
2: make a recorder to record all information in each text slot. $
3: make the recorder print said information as one output (and later send to a server program). ! -Updated; finished, bug text is being output as a list aka [], I need a string aka () not a problem I will fix this with "in ()" @

Stage = κ, λ was skipped and is bumped down the line to directly after kappa.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:36 am
Profile E-mail
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Dev Team
work hard, earn hard, be hard, but don't be hard near little girls, or you might get in trouble. Teachers sure have it tough...

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!

Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:26 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Updates:
Todo list: (Key; != important, $ = finished, @=currently on, -=notes, " " = not finished and not of immediate importance.)
Writer/Mover:
1:delete text characters on backspace
2:clickies for each character slot (they send a message to the cursor to tell it to goto that location)
3:text forwarding (makes characters after the current text slot move forwards to the next slot(s) when a character is typed between already present characters) AKA no double character writing.
4:text selector (for copy and delete functions)
5: set limitations to the mover (place) property, such as cannot be less than 0 and cannot be more than 25. !

Reader:
1: make each letter have a property containing it's character as a string. $
2: make a recorder to record all information in each text slot. $
3: make the recorder print said information as one output (and later send to a server program). !@-BUG, several problems left me unable to retrieve data from the text, but I solved it by making a series of property actuators and using their value fields as place holders it's convenient because the devs made set and get value commands so all I have to do is set the value and then read from it, I have yet to put this into the game, I have been testing it in another file for ease.

Stage = κ, λ was skipped and is bumped down the line to directly after kappa.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Break.

I am a worthless sack of shit, the game is broken, I bugged the text reader, objects that are imported from invisible layers are nameless or thier names change. eitherway the fact is I was using thier names to switch to printing a text character, so now the text is blank.

this leaves me with broken text in the game, aka the text field doesn't work.

there is a way to go around it, but it means redoing the writer and reader with hopes it will work.

sigh.. I need a few days to think about this, but time is of the essence, I really need to finish before the 20th of july.. time is running out.

Edit:
I have a new method, it involves a different set-up that passes the "touch sensing" to objects in the current layer.

The setup:
The mover will stay largely the same, a plane the size of one text character will be attached to it as a child object. the plane object will have a unique material name and be set to Static:Actor, so the "cursor position Empty Objects" can detect it's collision.

The Cursor Position Empties will become activated when the mover touches them. they will inherit the Typing script, the former Object called "Writer" will be done away with; leaving each Empty Object to do it's own character calling, Each keypress in said position will determine what character glyph is spawned and automatically output text to property actuator values for the specific position on the Recorder object.

The recorder will not change.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:31 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
:mario :seizure :rawr :scared cooki: :buttsecks :fireeye :shinjif :=(:

So...........

I redid the set-up as said above (maybe I didn't do it right, oh well will look at that), new bug (go figure) the bug causes all text slots to type at once BOOOSH thats not good.

I wilt tryeth to fixeth teh bugeth but eets not lookin goodz. :REESE

if all else fails I have a back up plan (which I will probably be doing, it's easier on memory anyways)

backup plan:
Leave the mover in control and recorder stay teh same ETC. the text slots will be blank and used as markers by name, when the writer (bring teh writer back) hits a cursor position it will use that position's name to determine which value field to fill in on teh recorder then fill it in with whatever key is pressed. BOOM :errg

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:21 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
UPDATE:

the final attempt was 1/3rd successful! that's right I was able to type text and have it print the text I typed!!!!! but.. only the last 1 of 3 characters. there must be a bug in my code, I will go over it.

at very worst I can save the info to a List and print from there.

You've been spinning for 13:16:41.

UPDATE:

I found out the problem, it's because I set this script to write entries based on collision with objectnames HOWEVER the script is being run on ONE object hence it's only printing one value, I can fix it by leaving the writer object as default and making a new PropWriter object with multiple touch instances that link to different scripts which get a different object name. the key is to separate the writing by script.

You've been spinning for 19:38:09.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:39 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
All I have to say right now is, hey yom and everyone look.

W00TANGO

w00t!

Anyways I am now adding text character slots upto 15 (16 technically though you can't type in the sixteenth slot), I've decided the account name limit should be 15 charaters long so the server isn't gummed up with 25 character long DIRs.

Character names will be 25 character maximum but I'm not there yet.

anyways we have a text writer and reader. it was a multi script bitch to make but it's made now.

Currently the login client software is around 600KB in size. At most I figure 7 MB for the finished product with pictures and such I really don't think it will get to 7MB though.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:33 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next