Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 I cured death 
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post I cured death
so, I came-up with a cure for death.

I remember Lister and Rimmer joked on Red dwarf that earth might have made great advances in the 3 million years they were gone, "they might have cured death" says lister to which Rimmer replies "yes I bet doctor's surgeries are packed with the dead, hello mrs. johnson, take one of these 3 times a day and you'll soon be living again, Carol!, next corpse please!"

seriously though, I'll let the cat out of the bag, my hypothesis about "curing death" is just that, death has symptoms: no breathing, no blood production, no blood circulation = no oxygen, no central nervous current, cold temperature.

Frankenstein is what people think when they think of reanimated people, in truth the novel might be 10% in line with the real way (no the book's way wont work on it's own, plus he did alot of surgery). truth be told I think mediporter technology could be developed in the future after all they can teleport a banana.

but lets get to the cure for death, yes I'll let it out here but I claim all ownership rights to it of course.

to cure death we must cure all of it's symptoms simultaneously with an intact subject (wont work if the brain or vital organs are missing or if the body is pumped full of toxic chemicals such as embalming fluid)

no breathing: cure; A ventilator (brething aid in hospitals, it inflates and deflats the lungs with breathable air).

no blood production: protien enzymes (submerge protien in a vitamin C solution to get them), and a small quantity of air injection into the bone marrow, this will give the marrow energy to produce new blood.

blood + air from the lungs means a functioning and not stiff body.

next we need circulation of said blood;

no circulation: cure; using an electromagentrode (named myself) simulate the pulses of the heart's nerve onto the heart through the skin on the chest. Do the same with each artery to insure blood flow, a small electrical pulse through the electromagnetrode is necessary to achieve this.

No central nervous current: cure; line up a series of electromagnetrodes up the spinal collumn underneath the patient upto the bottom of his brain's stem and wrap an electromagnetrode helmet around the skull. Again only a small dose of electric current is necessary it will give the nervous system it's native energy allowing it to possibly induce control of the body agian and supply energy to the brain to let it begin functioning.

What is an electromagnetrode you ask? an electrode strapped to a magnet as it's only conductive medium, the output is not electricity or magnetism but electromagnetism the same kind of current we have in our nervous system.

why? electricity would fry the patient, magnetism will do next to nothing alone so the third force electromagnetism is necessary. Electromagnetism is a weak force but all we are doing is simulating life in the patient, sorta like jump-starting a car, once it has been simlated for long enough the body's cells and nuerons will begin functioning on thier own aka Life.

whether or not the patient will remember who they are is unknown.

cold body temperature: cure; the patient should be given a body temperature bath gradually raising the temperature from room temp to avoid shock to the cells, then once up to temperature place the patient in a body temperature room and apply vitamin water to the skin if dry until conciousness is regained.

well? what do people think? it solve all the symptoms of death. immagine if we could give suiciders a second chance, I think they'd value life more.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:19 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post Re: I cured death
Well, the point of the human body is the memories of the self they retain. We can mass-produce a thousand soldiers, but creating memories takes a lifetime.

If you were able to transplant the memory into a functional body, that'd be a better system of immortality, right?

4 pcs.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:22 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: 1991
People have tried curing all known symptoms of death at once on an intact person. Even people who have died only seconds before can sometimes not be revived with no known cause for the sudden demise being so permanent. There's something to biology and the very nature of life we have yet to understand. Most believe we will never completely understand it. Curing the symptoms does not always mean a cure, death is the easiest and most obvious example of this or it would have been done repeatedly, again and again.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:15 pm
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Awwe I thought for sure I'd have more support here on FH lol.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:34 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop