Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 where the fuck is it? 
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post where the fuck is it?
I lost my thread I used to chronicle the shit that happens in my life.

oh well, serious moment;

my contract with my current employer says quite clearly I am not to teach more than 22 hours a month and at no point more than 22 hours in a given 5 day week.

However a short version which was unedited says 26 hours. so they have been over working me. that wasn't the only problem I was supposed to be transferred to an office nearer to my house starting this fall, but the interim manager claims ignorance, and the main manager claims the other location has enough teachers. and they are saying that I need to use my office time (which was dev time) to develop class materials and games for classes to attract more students and be competitive with other schools in the area. (this last part is not in my contract).

this comes on the heels of a new 'policy change' which is attempting to isolate each location as a separate entity and taking away the foreign teacher manager (who was a foreigner) and giving us a chinese manager. prior to this our contracts were very lax, though we had maximums we were only called upon to work to those maximums on rare occasions in event of emergencies (like when you have to work extra hours to cover for someone who had to leave cause a family member died), now with the chinese managers they want us to work the maximum all the time.

On the 10nth of october I will get flight reimbursement covering some of the expenses to get here. I have decided to quit in definitely. because of this horsing around, but have decided to wait to quit until I get the flight reimbursement. however they require that I give them 3 months notice otherwise they will take the entire next months pay, and it probably wont go well on my resume.

In the meetings with the manager I asked that if I talked to corporate would they know about this policy change, the question was deflected, several times using generalizations and comparisons to other schools. this has told me that corporate does not indeed know of this policy change, which confirms my speculations that it's an inside deal of a hostile take over. the party doing the takeover is a school that was bought by the school I work for, they are trying to isolate and take full control of the local schools. I have the right of mind to contact corporate and tell them whats going on, but I'm currently working under the table due to them prolonging my visa application for nearly half a year because they thought they could get someone to authenticate my degree for me but they in fact couldn't and hadn't really tried. without that I couldn't apply for the work visa but they insisted I work here in the meanwhile.

that's the current shit I'm dealing with.

so should I contact corporate or not?

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:12 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post Re: where the fuck is it?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15726

Is it weird that I remember where it is?

4 pcs.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:54 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
no not that one. I made it not long after I came to fh before I started the MMO.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
and now I'm a super spy. yet again.

back in 2003 I worked off the record for Nintendo of Japan without direct compensation (however they do their part in silence when I make requests (such as the chaos that is Pokemon Go). I successfully infiltrated Sony Computer Entertainment, I talked with an insider after becoming a friend, he told me sony was planning something big to blow nintendo out of the handheld market, I coaxed him into telling me, it was a 3D handheld system.

so I contacted my peeps at nintendo and relayed the information advising them to forgo another 2D gameboy and develop a 3D system and get it on the market first.

they did. Sony cried. EoS.

Until now. what started as intuition has been confirmed, this is a hostile takeover of the company I currently work in. and even more accusations have been given to me by others on the inside. I now have a bombshell to drop to corporate which will result in severe repercussions for the current regional directors.

1: the contract they are getting foreign teachers to sign is not the official contract for this company, they are using another company's contract with the current company's logo superimposed over the original company's logo.

2: the books are fake. the books are part of corporate's profits. but the local director of my region is having them printed locally and fucking over corporate by pocketing the profits themselves.

3:the regional director has decided that her job title means that she 100% owns the company locations underneath her, so much in fact that she has sold them to a competitor. - hostile takeover.

4: the person she sold it too is the owner of 2 other competing schools which do not have a license to hire foreign teachers. hence the contract being their contract but with the the company I work for's logo on it, because my company has the ability to hire foreigners.

5: they are forcing foriegn staff to teach competitors material for another company's profits.

6.1: both the regional director and the owner of the other companies have gone around telling everyone that my company is owned by their company in this city. on top of this they demoted all the managers from the company I work for under them into normal worker positions as part of a new 'policy change' which upon questioning them on, they have have refused to say whether corporate knows about this change or not (meaning corporate does not know)

6.2: Isolation and lock-down of facilities, Staff are no longer allowed to go to speak to, transfer to or bring concerns between any other branches of the company.

7: the managers that were instated over us are not working for our company, they are working for and have their office in the competing company's school.

8: contracts have a minimum and maximum, the maximum was only supposed to be worked under rare conditions which require it, however the new policy change tells us that we are to work our maximum all the time permanently, and if needed extra time above our contractual obligations without extra pay.

9: All materials are developed by corporate, staff can make thier own materials if they personally think it will help them in class, but they are in no way to replace or be forced to make new materials as per the contract and company initiative. The regional director has decided that we are now demanded to develop new materials to compete with other schools during our office time.

I am so going to enjoy reporting them.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:48 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
I officially quit that hole. I am not jobless though, but only have part-time stuff at the moment. I'm down from making close to 3k a month to 2 k. really it isn't that much a difference really, and it's a lot less stressful.

work is now a 15 minute bike ride from home, it's at a university, so all I have to do is be funny and I can keep the student's attention.

gf's family came to visit and just makes me do chores all day, so I moved out to another location that I stay some days but not all days. I'm not going to let my GF guilt me to leave my computer behind again. she said it would just be for a day and I'd be back at night, here it is 3 days.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:11 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]