Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Discord is officially dead. 
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post Discord is officially dead.
it whitescreened on me today. this is a sign like many other "chrome only" sites which don't even show up unless you have a chromium based browser. I will not be using it unless forced to to contact people.

debugger messages, firefox 51.0 doesn't support WebRTC. Style Sheet could not be loaded.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Group: Registered users
Post Re: Discord is officially dead.
Good, it needs to die off. No mo premium plans and shit like that, especially on the hard times.

IRC strikes back, now bigger than ever. Now, people will finally be mo techie, like nard. Mo nards? Yes, go innovative, my friends, go.

Computurd? Techie smart?
RECALIBRATING, RECALIBRATING!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChoSh.jpg, resident alien generation? Wow!
_
Regurgitator monster to be resumed
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
Spoiler: show
Fraud Alert Renewal Month: 03, 06, 09, and 12
My ZDoom mods
Viva Le Resistance! (threat: see ☠Image☠ below...)
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
I reported it yesterday and expected them to be like "update your browser to one that doesn't support flashplayer to use our site". but instead they fixed the issues. For now...

but, given the fact they are possibly being bought out by microsoftie aka microflacidcock, and no doubt microcock will ruin it and shut it down and discontinue support for it; I suggest we make a new chat ourselves.

it'd be a lot of work, I would need one dedicated member here to run the server software, someone whose computer is almost always on and never gets nagged to turn it off.

The general idea is to use the server software to record groups/channels in the chat and list members of each channel by name and IP address, then when a client needs to send a message to another user, the server merely sends that chat client the IP address(es) of the users or list of users in that channel. in this way there will be no online chat log and no server storage space, It'd just be a router. Individual clients would store chat logs on user's machines. these chat logs can be updated from other users.

the goal here is to have very little solid hosting. in otherwords no server host company and no website registration etc. The only thing we might have trouble with is screensharing if it's done in flash in example because as far as I know Flash .swf programs stop responding the moment you switch tabs/windows away from them. another goal would be to have it tied into the site here, thats already somewhat theoretically possible.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:09 am
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Don't we have a chat box thing already? Well, it's not so innovative and tried as a irc. Both choices may require no registration.

To make one is quite the memory stick. If there is irc memory recording service, well, there's irccloud. Of course, we would never know how those records go down. Way back, when i was young, I had to go copy before closing off. I had to ask what's up when I didn't get to leave the irc client active. I admit that the 'what im messing' moment gives the old irc noobie way, its charm.

However, the more experienced irc idlers may have their own dedicated machines to keep constant record logging for nearly 24/7. On how to constantly copy the record logs into a memorable saved file, is beyond me. With the irccloud's premium service, a (virtual?) machine is dedicated to take place when you log off your account. It will record and save logs for the inactive user. Active logging is saved. Of course, there is a option to save logs into a text file, regardless of subscription. Should I promote this costly service? I wouldn't know. It would probably be worth it should you find something of value to keep record while absent. Most of the time, you wouldn't have to. No, on a grand scale, I would say I wouldn't recommended this plan.

Yeah, I think a chatroom server would do, especially for the ease of users. Still, I like irc because of the technical tech stuff you get after learning the irc ropes. Different world, you know?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChoSh.jpg, resident alien generation? Wow!
_
Regurgitator monster to be resumed
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
Fraud Alert Renewal Month: 03, 06, 09, and 12
My ZDoom mods
Viva Le Resistance! (threat: see ☠Image☠ below...)
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:

Bank:
well, up until this point, discord works well for me, and i've been using it since 2015, i think?
either way, if you guys will form a new chat on IRC, or if you will make a new chat program on your own, please let me join you, for i want to stay in touch with your wonderful group!

i know im a silent lurker, but i love this group and all of your epic games.

1 pcs.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
BB10-clock wrote:
well, up until this point, discord works well for me, and i've been using it since 2015, i think?
either way, if you guys will form a new chat on IRC, or if you will make a new chat program on your own, please let me join you, for i want to stay in touch with your wonderful group!

i know im a silent lurker, but i love this group and all of your epic games.

yes everyone will be invited either way.

maybe this coming week i'll mess with it. no promises. I'll probably be snooping as usual. that and I need a job. if I do make something expect source code as per usual. I might be able to make an installer, I've been reading up on python's tkinter and Tk. seems fairly straight forwards to make a basic text program. best part is the text area supports word wrap and in-line images. so we can have a slew of Forkmotes and also do image sharing.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:25 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]