Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Israeli elections 
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Special Access
Post The Israeli elections
So for all curious minds out there, I will try to summarize the Israeli elections.

Introduction:
The Israeli parliament has 120 members who come from different parties. Every four years(or less, like this time) we have elections to vote for one party, and based on number of votes, the party gets delegations. one must get at least 3.5% of votes to have the minimal delegations(4), otherwise, they are out of the game. after the elections, the winning party must build a coalition of at least 61 delegation.

The current prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu(Bibi, for short) is the prime minister since 2009 and he is the head of the leading party - Halikud. In recent years, Bibi was allegedly involved in some illegal activities, such as bribery, fraud and more. Furthermore, his wife is considered a controlling maniac, got caught on type screaming at people, and his son get caught going to a strip club and the list goes on.

a few month ago, the minister of defense, Liberman, decided that his party is leaving the coalition, because Bibi did not react enough against the terror attacks from Hamas terror organisation from Gaza. The minister of education, Benett, asked Bibi to make him the minister of defense and Bibi refused, so he also left the coalition, and the elections begun.

Key parties:

Halikud("The Unity")- right wing, Bibi is the leader, and many other assholes that shame us in different ways.

Kahol-Lavan("Blue-White") - center wing, Beni Gantz(former Chief of the General Staff) and Yair Lapid are the leaders, a new party and the leading rival in the elections. they planed to create a center- left wing coalition.

Shass, yahadot atora(Judaism of the Tora) - two religious parties, considered right wing.

Ha'havoda("The labor")- left wing, was a strong rival to HaLikud until now, but now lost most of it's power to Kahol-Lavan.

Meretz("Vigor") - extreme left wing.

Zehot("Identity")- a party centered around legalizing marijuana, and economic reforms, lead by Feiglin, considered right wing.

Elections day:
There are accusations that the HaLikud was trying to sabotage the elections, yet the elections went well after all. not many has voted, only about 61% of possible voters have voted. around 10 PM, the elections sampling aired on TV, they asked people what they vote, and try to predict the results. they predicted that Kahol-Lavan would win, Gantz had his winning speech and evreyone was happy for sometime. after all votes were counted on the morning. it turns out that HaLikud won again, and the right wing is leading after all. Many people still support Bibi because they believe only he can lead us, and all illegal accusations are false and political pursuit. I myself has voted Kahol-Lavan and I'm somewhat depressed right now. Zehot failed to reach minimal votes, so marijuana will stay illegal.

Aftermath:
The final results will be only tomorrow, after the soldiers votes will be counted, although they probably won't change much.
delegation results are(for now):
Halikud - 35
Kahol Lavan - 35
Religious parties- 16
Labor- 6
arab parties - 10
Meretz - 4
other are not that interesting.

Things are going to stay as they are, the religious parties will keep demanding money for their unemployed Tora students and there will be religious coercion for more years. Cities are going to keep bombed by terrorist organisations, and no peace between ourselves or neighbors will come.

Bibi will probably stand trial for accusations mentioned. so this is my only hope for now.

You may ask me any question you have about Israel and I will try to answer as good as I can.

Edit:
Why Israel re-elected Bibi?
Spoiler: show

Link

Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post Re: The Israeli elections
Sounds like y'all are having a rough time of it. What would you say are the factors that caused the people to vote like this?

Shaggboy wrote:
party centered around legalizing marijuana, and economic reforms, lead by Feiglin, considered right wing.

Forget CERN, THIS is what's gonna break reality.

4 pcs.

Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:08 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:

Bank:
YomToxic wrote:
Sounds like y'all are having a rough time of it. What would you say are the factors that caused the people to vote like this?

I can think of two factors.

one, is the origin of the voters. it seems Jews who came from European countries tend to be more left wing, while Jews from arabic countries(Morroco, Iraq,Iran and more) seems to be more right wing.

second, is the social-economic state of voters. people who live in wealthy cities or neighborhoods tend to be more left wing than people who live in less developed cities.

both of my parents, one has Turkish origins and one Egypt origins voted for Bibi. but me and all my brothers voted Kahol-Lavan. Age might also be a factor.

YomToxic wrote:
Forget CERN, THIS is what's gonna break reality.

I really hoped they succeed, too bad they did not. I'm sure you will appreciate the look of their "presenter", a comedian who fights to free the herb.

The music box is broken, or is it? It starts to play and a haunting tune fills the air. I awake suddenly from my dream, there is no music box and yet there it is, a tiny one, nestled in my hand and I awake from the dream again as if I were peeling an onion. It’s a dream no matter how far I go; I can never reach reality, trapped in an endless nightmare.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:46 am
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Update:
Since the prime minister failed to build a coalition, it was decided to go to election once again, in about two month probably.

ITS REWIND TIME!

The music box is broken, or is it? It starts to play and a haunting tune fills the air. I awake suddenly from my dream, there is no music box and yet there it is, a tiny one, nestled in my hand and I awake from the dream again as if I were peeling an onion. It’s a dream no matter how far I go; I can never reach reality, trapped in an endless nightmare.

Wed May 29, 2019 4:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]