Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Morality of Homosexuality 
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
Group: Wam Bam Klan
Post Re: Morality of Homosexuality
Xpgamer7 wrote:
alright, from the way you responded to me I thought you were talking shit without interpreting my words. I agree with your sentiments on the thread, but bull will exist can't help it. I would never create a topic like this and even if I'm not sure gays are born that way(though I'm not not sure), I wouldn't ask whether it's wrong.

On that note if you were replying to me(which I know you weren't now), your argument had no depth.

On the actual topic though you were right.

Understandable. I wasn't trying to provide depth or make a nice tl;dr post. Threads like these are not worth wasting words on. There should be no questioning morality. I suppose I'm overestimating human intelligence here; I usually go to a personal forum to discuss politics and such and I'm surrounded by incredibly intelligent people that would laugh at the making of such a thread, me being one of those said people. Fact is, intelligence exists, and dumbing ourselves down for arbitrary discussions is just plain silly.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
Group: Catgirl Saviours Club
I try to see everyone's opinions. I don't need an intelligent discussion but it can be interesting. Also again, thread hopping.

In the end people will always question everything questionable or new. We live with that and try our best to help everyone see sense.

And seriously, between posting kittens and getting pissed off that a homosexuality morality discussion exists? Dumbing down has limits. that's why I watch both Michael bay movies and Period Pieces on Beethoven.

Also Morality itself is questionable if not morality of certain subjects. Every person is morally different and on top of that Morals of something like killing a bad person come into question.

but that's for later.

Storytelling is my true love.
I Thought of all of these statements in an instant.
I improv so well not improving is like retarding myself.
BLAH BLAH BLAH Pretentious crap, references, jokes, and contrary statements.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:19 pm
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
I am not going into morality. I'm more of a nihilist than most people and I'm sure people don't appreciate my opinions at all.

As for the cat, uh, it's called humor. It's not "dumbing down". There was nothing dumb about it. I didn't say anything undereducated, I didn't say anything bigoted, I didn't make a fool of myself. I was simply having fun. There is nothing wrong with that. To be smart, a person does not have to be a boring humorless robot. I can be silly when I want to and spout all my intellectualism when I want to. You are no one to judge me.

Also, I was not raging out at the existence of the thread itself. I was simply bitching about the sentiment of the topic itself. There is a difference.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
:) I love that you took my comment about cats and dissected it. I'm not judging you I'm just commenting on the type of humour you used. More that you consider this dumbing down for being simplistic and don't see the simplicity of cats in refrence to that.

Also I'll probably respect your nihilism, because you seem intelligent about it.

And on your comment quoting me...
If you comment unthinking about me again, saying you know what Im thinking, and then go further to insult me?

I will fucking rip your eyes out and forcefeed them to you as I gut you, k? ::D

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:38 pm
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Keep your sexuality. I'll keep mine. Fuck with my lolis, and I'll gut you alive, capiche?

4 pcs.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:40 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
You, sir, literally make no sense. I didn't quote you anywhere, I didn't try to pretend I knew what you were thinking for a moment. In fact, I have no idea what you're thinking. I don't think there's any thought going in that head.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Sicko
Sicko

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Їи$aиїту
Sick, you dickless bastard, what have you done?

Fuck you, im FH Royal Perverted Reaper.

I AM WALKING MADNESS. I AM NEVER ENDING CHAOS. I AM THE SICK CREATION.
WITH INSANITY AS MY BEING I SHALL DROWN THE WORLD INTO HAVOC AND ENGULF IT IN DARKNESS.
MY NAME IS YOSHIMOTO. THE END HAS COME!

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
96 pcs.
19 pcs.
8 pcs.
292 pcs.
11 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
7 pcs.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
look back in the thread. You quoted me and then proceeded to talk about how I was wrong and not even intellectual in my comments. At the end you classified the thread, but before you quoted me.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:44 pm
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
You fucking twat. First you misunderstood the subject of my claims, or insults may you have it, then after I clarify it, you bring it back up. Are you trying to take us in circles or just running out of things to say?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:48 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
After you clarified it you still quoted me, and on top of that said and I quote

No I know exactly what you were talking about. And it was a stupid stance. There are two levels of intellect: Real intellect where you tell it like it is. And pseudointellectualism where you throw pointless debates and try to sound smart. This thread falls into the latter.

in the end you talked about the thread, but you insulted my stance, my intellect, and called bull on a belief rather than an opinion. You ended it well, but until that You had some notion of attacking my words. Even clarifying there was no other way you could have put it that would include me rather than the thread.

regardless of what you say you quoted and commented on my statement. Even your clarification ignores that.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:55 pm
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
I didn't insult your words simply because I have not seen your words. This thread is not an "opinion", it's a question. I cannot disagree with your opinions simply because you have not given any. Unless your opinion is that homosexuality IS immoral, I have no reason to disagree.

Now to assume, and yes I'm assuming, so shoot me. You're pushing too much on subjection. "Oh well, it's only our opinion that homosexuality is moral/immoral" etc. etc.

In that case, yes, I have a problem with you. It's called common sense. Develop your own personality. Develop your own fucking opinions.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
I don't believe in a need to have opinions. If the time comes where I have to make a descision I make it then.
I believe in facts and how they shape things.

I understand you disagreeing with the thread itself, but that's not what we're arguing about and if you think it is then you're more Dense than anyone I know.

Also if you hadn't seen my words then why did you insult my stance and say you knew what I was talking about? You're contradicting yourself right there.

also your having a problem with me lies more on a need to fit others into forms. I don't think I have to, as I live by what I know not what I believe.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:10 pm
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
Xpgamer7 wrote:
I don't believe in a need to have opinions. If the time comes where I have to make a descision I make it then.

-

Everyone has opinions. You're not some sort of special snowflake. It's called common sense, it's called humanity. When you look at something that is obviously wrong, you should think: "Well, this is obviously wrong", not: "It's all subjective. Herp. Derp."

Xpgamer7 wrote:
I understand you disagreeing with the thread itself, but that's not what we're arguing about and if you think it is then you're more Dense than anyone I know.

-

What is our disagreement about? The only disagreement I see here is: You think you're smart, I think you're a dumb shit.

Xpgamer7 wrote:
Also if you hadn't seen my words then why did you insult my stance and say you knew what I was talking about? You're contradicting yourself right there.

-

I didn't. I said, I assumed. I made it very obvious I was assuming. And the beginning of your last post has confirmed my assumption.

Xpgamer7 wrote:
also your having a problem with me lies more on a need to fit others into forms. I don't think I have to, as I live by what I know not what I believe.

-

What you know is a form of what you believe. There is a such thing as being misinformed. What you know is not always 100% correct. And when something you know is incorrect, it is a belief.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Sicko
Sicko

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Їи$aиїту
Oh shit dude, I need weed, NOW.

Fuck you, im FH Royal Perverted Reaper.

I AM WALKING MADNESS. I AM NEVER ENDING CHAOS. I AM THE SICK CREATION.
WITH INSANITY AS MY BEING I SHALL DROWN THE WORLD INTO HAVOC AND ENGULF IT IN DARKNESS.
MY NAME IS YOSHIMOTO. THE END HAS COME!

1 pcs.
96 pcs.
19 pcs.
8 pcs.
292 pcs.
11 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
7 pcs.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:48 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
Wammy wrote:
Xpgamer7 wrote:

-

Everyone has opinions. You're not some sort of special snowflake. It's called common sense, it's called humanity. When you look at something that is obviously wrong, you should think: "Well, this is obviously wrong", not: "It's all subjective. Herp. Derp."

I don't believe I'm special. I have my beliefs and I have my standards I keep them good and seperate. If I see something wrong with my standards I see it as wrong. If I see something wrong with my beliefs I consider it in rewriting my beliefs.

Xpgamer7 wrote:

-

What is our disagreement about? The only disagreement I see here is: You think you're smart, I think you're a dumb shit.

Our disagreement is you Insulted me, assuming you knew my stance on a matter of which I had none, then proceeded to clarify your entire statement, ignored that you had quoted me and even insulted me over straight facts, before eventually calling it an assumption which you had never mentioned before, and continued to state that you were right and that my non existent stance was in fact idiotic.

Also the fact that you went out of your way to call me an idiot is absurd. I think I'm reasonably smart but that's in no way indicative of me being highly smart. The fact that you don't agree with the way I hold beliefs does not immediately indicate you are right and I am a dunce.

Xpgamer7 wrote:

-

I didn't. I said, I assumed. I made it very obvious I was assuming. And the beginning of your last post has confirmed my assumption.

How? Are you saying the fact that I made no stand on the matter means my stance is stupid? Not having a stance may be considered one and sure you can consider it stupid. But that reflects on how you see me, not how I see the issue. Although you call it stupid it's a choice, and it's your opinion that it's stupid.

Xpgamer7 wrote:

-

What you know is a form of what you believe. There is a such thing as being misinformed. What you know is not always 100% correct. And when something you know is incorrect, it is a belief.

A belief is something you hold, not incorrect knowledge. If it was, so much of our daily lives would be different. Beliefs are things you trust in. Things you take to heart. Whether it's the ground you stand on or the religions we stand by.

I live by what I know not what I believe because I don't believe in what I know. It's a simplified way of saying I live by what life has laid out for me. Technically Knowing is things that you know to be true, and I don't. I know them to be true to points and so I tell people
"I live by what I know not what I believe". I don't believe in what I know anyway, but I have to live somehow so I stick to it.

On another note your entire conversation seems to be dismissing me. From the first insult that you later said was an assumption to forgetting you quoted me and calling me a dumb twat. Eventually ignoring that and Dismissing me repeatedly from my beliefs to my statements.

For some reason you always excuse your own statements as something other than how they're originally written if proved broken in original style. You've conviently kept yourself in the right while repeatedly insulting and degrading me. You've taken everything I've said and shit on it while fixing your mistakes. Awfully Convienient don't you think? :mrgreen

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next