Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 [ZDoom_Mod/WIP/SFW] Quarantine Vehicle Items ACS Enter Scv04 
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Group: Registered users
Post [ZDoom_Mod/WIP/SFW] Quarantine Vehicle Items ACS Enter Scv04
I haven't got (more like prepare, but will come back and spruce up) anything for announcement, but a mention about a Quarantine-based vehicle experiment. It's only the vehicle parts in its most basic layout so nothing much to gawk at. You can either be the marine to start up the vehicle item, which puts a vehicle for you to take cover or start driving. Car comes up a contemporary fast blazing drive-by gun (you'll need it if you want to fight against my custom monsters, lol) and kamikaze/9-11/low rider hit-n-run code. There's also a ThingHate code going on so your vehicle acts like it makes putt putt noise loud enough for applicable monsters to take notice. This project will eventually evolve into something else if not more. It would either be a vehicle combat game (where vehicles are the player classes [larger proportion in scale and size [height and radius]) or a gta-like simulation of all kinds of riots (if only the ThingHate can hate multiple identification values! [vehicles also in larger proportion in scale and size {height and radius}]).

Alright, here you go. Have fun, I guess.
https://archive.org/download/quarantine ... iptv04.wad

YES, I WILL PUT IMAGES! YES, I WILL DO THIS DAMN PROJECT WHEN I IDLE UP ON MY MAIN CURRENT ONE (SIDE PROJECT, ENOUGH SAID)! ACTUALLY, THIS COULD BE A SHITTY FAILURE OF A PROJECT B/C IT SEEMED INTERESTING TO DRIVE CARS, BUT NOT WITHOUT A CAR COMBAT CHALLENGE! THIS, I REALIZED. I LOVE DA MONSTERS CATEGORY! THIS TIME, QUARANTINE STYLE! MAYBE WITH FLOATING LIKE VIGILANTE 8 SERIES! CARS AND (DEFAULT) PLAYER WILL BE SMALLER THOUGH (PLAYER WILL HAVE TO MORPH INTO A MUCH SMALLER PLAYER, THEN [PERCENTAGE CALCULATION REQUIRED]).

OKAY, I AM SORT OF ON SCRATCH BACK ON START. I HADN'T THOUGHT OF MONSTERS BEFORE. BOY, DO I REGRETTED THAT DECISION NOT TO. TRYING TO GET SOME DYNAMIC MODDING GOING ON, FOLKS! IT'S HARD! FLYING CARS? I'M DEMOTIVATED TO SHOOT A BUNCH OF FLYING CARS DOWN. GENERIC!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChoSh.jpg, resident alien generation? Wow!
_
Regurgitator monster to be resumed
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
Spoiler: show
Fraud Alert Renewal Month: 03, 06, 09, and 12
My ZDoom mods
Viva Le Resistance! (threat: see ☠Image☠ below...)
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:22 pm
Profile WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Post Re: [ZDoom_Mod/WIP/SFW] Quarantine Vehicle Items ACS Enter S
Anything new here? Nope, it would be quite a project based on the size dimensions, where you total cars.

I will put in some happy fun music in the upcoming ally car? (maybe, just radio) item project like good oldies based on cars, Twisted Metal 2, and the Vigilante 8 series. The themes be upbeat blues, funk, and hippy stuff.

Fuck, after hearing some vehicular combat game music, I really want to start mapping and copying some of the Twisted Metal 2 and Vigilante 8 series maps. Quarantine? I might have to play that one again.

Okay, okay, maybe I can't copy it. Maybe I can take some parts of its inspiration and make something creative. Although, don't get me started on deathmatch maps! I hadn't figured out the multiplayer part yet, and do forget about the vehicular player classes. That's not a priority.

EDIT (31/05/2017):
-GG Allin too. :D

EDIT (03/01/2018):
-Well, I found a really good piece from the NecroDoom player/weapon/item combo. It's a script to enter and exit vehicles! I won't use the item button as there's too many item possibilities in the first place. A use button will do to initiate ACS script of a bunch of things I will need to figure out and test. Will do when I tire of the main project's progress. NO, THERE'S NO GETTING THE PLAYER INTO THE CAR!
Code:
// Enter/exit suit:
script "NecroExitSuit" (int ent) {
   int pNum = PlayerNumber();
   int suitTID = SUIT_TID+pNum;
   int stam = GetActorProperty(0,APROP_STAMINA);
   if(!ent) {
      // Exit suit. Spawn the suit actor in the current player's spot, change
      // its health accordingly, and morph the player to the 'Runner' class.
      if(Spawn("EmptySuit", GetActorX(0), GetActorY(0), GetActorZ(0), suitTID, GetActorAngle(0) >> 8 ) > 0) {
         SetActorProperty(suitTID, APROP_HEALTH, GetActorProperty(0, APROP_HEALTH) * 5);
         ThingSound(suitTID, "misc/exitsuit", 255);
         Thing_SetTranslation(suitTID, -1);

suitArmor [pNum] = CheckInventory("Armor");
         suitHealth[pNum] = GetActorProperty(0, APROP_HEALTH);

MorphActor(0, "NecroRunner", "", 0xFFFFFF, 194, "NoFog", "NoFog");
         SetActorProperty(0, APROP_HEALTH, runnerHealth[pNum]);
         SetActorProperty(0, APROP_STAMINA, stam);
         GiveInventory("OnFoot",1);
         GiveInventory("KillSuit",1);
         if(playerHasFlight[pNum])
            GiveInventory("BoosterFly",1);

playerOnFoot[pNum] = 1;

// manually transfer the player translation since this gets
         // lost upon morph. morphing is the worst thing in the engine. D:
         int playerTID = ActivatorTID();
         int tempTID = UniqueTID(0);
         Thing_ChangeTID(0, tempTID);
         SetActivator(suitTID);
         Thing_SetTranslation(tempTID, -1);
         Thing_ChangeTID(tempTID, playerTID);
         // [XA] i am so glad zscript exists now; zandronum hurry up! O:
      }

} else {
      // Can't enter the suit if the suit is gone. ;)
      if(ThingCount(0, suitTID) > 0) {
         // Enter suit. Check if the player is close enough to the suit then
         // remove the temp. suit actor and morph the player back.
         int x = (GetActorX(suitTID) - GetActorX(0)) >> 16;
         int y = (GetActorY(suitTID) - GetActorY(0)) >> 16;
         int z = (GetActorZ(suitTID) - GetActorZ(0)) >> 16;      
         if(z < 0) z = 0-z; // get abs of Z

if(sqrt(x*x + y*y) <= 128 && z <= 128) {
            // Player is close enough. Enter suit.
            ThingSound(suitTID, "misc/entersuit", 255);
            Thing_Remove(suitTID);

runnerHealth[pNum] = GetActorProperty(0, APROP_HEALTH);

UnmorphActor(0, 1);
            GiveInventory("NecroShield",suitArmor[pNum]);
            SetActorProperty(0, APROP_HEALTH, suitHealth[pNum]);
            SetActorProperty(0, APROP_STAMINA, stam);

TakeInventory("OnFoot",1);
            TakeInventory("KillSuit",1);
            TakeInventory("PowerFlight",1);
            playerOnFoot[pNum] = 0;
         }
      }
   }
}
Well, fuck this shit! I can't really easily make the health transfer/change between the driver and vehicle. I hate that GTA part anyways, it's all realistic like. The project idea is hovering ass cars blasting each other (with one or more arsenals) like motherfuckers. Then, might make maps and shit. It would be my first serious player class combo project. Might have trouble changing weapons and items. Monster part is just easier.

So yeah, fuck the driver part! Switching everywhere and shit! Haven't gotten thinking there yet so no!!

_
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
My ZDoom mods
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Tue May 30, 2017 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Post Re: [ZDoom_Mod/WIP/SFW] Quarantine Vehicle Items ACS Enter S
I probably should put this idea as a video game topic, but for research, it's good material.

I saw Vigilante 8 for Gameboy Color. It's basically the same as its large console colleagues, but from a bird's eye view. Heck, if I wanted to rip the sprites, I could! The perspective would be a bit weird for a 2.5D perspective game though. Plus, the aesthetics are a bit too simple, but it would work if I wanted a mass produced squad like it was SpringRTS. Still, it's a good idea to study up about vehicular combat anyways so yeah. I would probably still go for the Quarantine series, but arcade testing is there for the Vigilante 8, Interstate, and Twisted Metal series.

One of the tests would be driver class or allies. Maybe even monsters!
Of course, there are more questions to ask.

_
nsfw
My ZDoom mods
Metal tracking mods
sfw

Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]