Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 [ZDoom_Mod/Release/NSFW] RV-007 Map Sector Experiments 
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Group: Registered users
Post Re: [ZDoom_Mod/Release/NSFW] RV-007 Map Sector Experiments
Instead of text alignment fine tuning, I went astray. I went with the tic timer as it could be quite the hazardous interruption to rpg gameplay experience.

I was testing the timer, and I placed a log command to read the tic timer variable as it ticks by delay towards its ticking goal. Well, the more tic timer scripts I repeat, the more humstrung the tic timer countdown speeds up. I decided to slow it down to a few hard starts (they have hard ends). The rest of the scripts just set the variable value, no mo tic_timer_variable++^infinity. What the hell was I thinking? I wasn't! I still haven't figured out the best timing to completely comprehend the entire dialogue loop (and its transitional states). 5 seconds isn't going to cut it. I can't make it too long. I hope that a minute or two will suffice per script/block.

As for the text alignment, it's a fucking loosely goosely graph point! It's a string text spaghetti code! Finally, I get somewhere by pinpointing graph points on what is the space point to start text filling. It's still a shit ton of work so get your typewriter skills on! Still, if you're going to persist in making some storyline or dialogues, it should be a secondary skill to you.
|
I'll get to the typewriter alignment, it's going to be those oldie things, but hey, lots are oldie things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChoSh.jpg, resident alien generation? Wow!
_
Regurgitator monster to be resumed
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
Spoiler: show
Fraud Alert Renewal Month: 03, 06, 09, and 12
My ZDoom mods
Viva Le Resistance! (threat: see ☠Image☠ below...)
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:56 pm
Profile WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Yes! My graphical points coordination standard works well enough! It's a bit of trial and error, but it happens. Oh, I also extended the wait time of the tic timer timeout so you can take your leisurely time reading the text. It's currently 1200 counts and 2 tics delay, which rounds off to 1 minute and 10 seconds estimate. If it isn't long enough, I'll extend the time to 2400 counts and 2 tics delay, which rounds off to 2 minute and 10/20 seconds estimate.

Basically, I'm done with basic dialogue stuff. Now, I'm getting into the slideshows and all kind of crazy image manipulation jazz. It will take a while before the analysis is done though. I'm sure I'm missing something else, but it's kind of a blur since I am reaching beyond common dialogue logic.

_
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
My ZDoom mods
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:47 pm
Profile WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
So I ran into the animated slideshow movie magic tryout. It certainly have some conflicts! Here's the lowdown of my futile efforts.

-Tic timer extended from 1200 to 2400 and 2 tic delay. Read there slow readers out there, even secondary english speakers!
-Fixed and spruced up some user## input readings missed out before. Major cleaning of messy code!
-dialogue_interface_tic_duration = #; solid fixes/cleaning integrated in scripts by proper timing condition. ACS_NamedExecuteWithResult ("Dialogue_-_?_Dialogue_Tic_Duration_Check_Script",0,0,0,0);, the command to initiate the timer countdown script, admitted for +USESPECIAL trigger activations. Major cleaning of messy code!
-Updated restart/shutdown/other script's hudmessage parameters to suit their visible script counterparts in alignment and design (as well as generic usage). This is true for logging tests. Major cleaning of messy code!
-Fixed decorate and acs sequential order of conversation source, direction, and target. Major cleaning of messy code!
-Yes, updated the notes too. Mind you that I didn't include the exact instructions in setting up the custom dialogue (interface) system just yet.

WARNING! ERROR!
The animated slideshow, which I am working on now, in terms of movie ass bells and whistles magic, is kind of fighting the overall instant flow of the dialogue system design. I'm gonna have some problems! :O AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!I think I would have to resort to static slideshows for the best performance out there. At least the multiplayer accommodation should work, should work.

After I get the two static slideshows done (because I can't have intermission slideshows, which signalizes an map teleport/exit action), I'll probably add in another npc, a lifeguard dude in the showers. He will speak some random conversations. One about dropping the soap or something like that. Then, finally, I will write up the custom dialogue system instructions. It will be very detailed.

---

I decided to make an interjection to try a challenging Dean Yeagle's Mandy work. He's been sketching this for quite a while. He's like the Norman Rockwell of pin-ups or detailed cartoons, near artisan level. I can't say there must be a push. It is very very hard to get animation, even if stop-motion to engine. There's a lot of quality, care, and consideration, not to mention time, just to perfect and polish the craft. It's been in the dust for years like in the past. It's like getting some artifacts back to modern use or something like that. Not to also mention that it will be difficult given the corporate media cats (I'm looking at you, yall shell outs, that goes for the manga anime biz/group as well).

_
nsfw
My ZDoom mods
Metal tracking mods
sfw

Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2