Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Best DOSBox Games? 
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Group: Registered users
Post Best DOSBox Games?
DOS and MS-DOS, have some old ass games. Some of them are pretty good in the standard of old processor cycle rates. Yeah, the games could be slow, but plays pretty well nevertheless.

What is best DOSBox games, does not have to be the popular. We get that there's the Doom series, The Elder Scroll series, Bubble Bobble, Tetris, Blood 3D, Duke Nukem 3D, Rampage, Master of Magic, and so on.

DOSBox games tend to gravitate towards the rpg, arcade, and puzzle designs. Machines back then could process simple fast games and complicated slow games. As long the design is in these works, the support platform is a-okay.

I decided to revisit the old eras. It's something that is supposedly familiar, but who knows what has been lost in time? I recently found out about StoneKeep, and it's a pretty good action rpg in a first person view. It's not too rpg extensive as Elder Scrolls or Ultima, but this unique set of work is pretty damn good production for one without named reputation. None of the labeling without the tests.

I just combed for best dosbox games online. Turns out that after markets are posting up titles that I probably missed out on.
I see Subwar 2050, Shadoworlds, and Shattered Steel.
Also Battle Command,

Subwar is obviously a sub simultaion games, still, looks like Archimeden Dynasty (a Atlantis sub fps like Twisted Metal). Shouldn't forget about AquaNox series though. Amok is a different one.

Shadoworlds is a squad tactics game that got some good sci-fi sprites I want to rip!

Shattered Steel looks like a old fps mech game that I happened to miss!

Battle Command is like the old Battle Zone, but maybe with more details. Maybe.
There's also Amok, looks pretty good. Like Archimeden Dynasty, but as a mech. I think there are errors? We will have to see later on.

---

More numbers to come and more details to come.
Organization (of the good stuff) required. To be posted on opening post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChoSh.jpg, resident alien generation? Wow!
_
Regurgitator monster to be resumed
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
Spoiler: show
Fraud Alert Renewal Month: 03, 06, 09, and 12
My ZDoom mods
Viva Le Resistance! (threat: see ☠Image☠ below...)
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Wed May 24, 2023 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Group: Registered users
Post Re: Best DOSBox Games?
Man, I like Archimeden Dynasty. It's a sci-fi sub simulation. It's not simulating a real sub, where torpedo ammunition needs to be accounted for.

I played a bit of Shattered Steel. Definitely a mech game. Missions may require adjusting the chassis type and equipment catered to the assignment. I wouldn't say it's too bad, but for sure, you will not have side strafing so get your wheels skillz ready. Also, the mission will limit your loadout supplies by pickups so keep in mind. It's not a bad game, but you will have to work with the limitations. Multiplayer is limited, but possible.

I played Amok. It's basically a 3d voxel shoot 'em up with you as a aqua sub/mech. Fairly easy comprehension. I say pretty good game. Good sprite sets too. I don't think it's voxel.

I played Shadow Keep. It's your first person action rpg. For a dungeon crawler map set, it rocks. Sorry, no open world maps/hubs. I wished I could use the sprites of the monsters, props, and other objects. I already have plenty of sprite assets to work with anyways. Oh well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChoSh.jpg, resident alien generation? Wow!
_
Regurgitator monster to be resumed
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
Fraud Alert Renewal Month: 03, 06, 09, and 12
My ZDoom mods
Viva Le Resistance! (threat: see ☠Image☠ below...)
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Sat May 27, 2023 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]