Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 "The Colony" (1987) FPS for Macintosh OS Platform 
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Group: Registered users
Post "The Colony" (1987) FPS for Macintosh OS Platform
I heard of Space Wars! (space combat), Bertie the Brain (gaming platform of tic-tac-toe), and 3D Monster Maze (maze survival horror).

Okay, it wasn't really what you would call the ultimate innovative breakthrough. It isn't the grandur doom series, nor is it the first fps ever, even on the arcade machines (can we mention Battlezone [1980]?). Still, it does have its place in video game history, no matter how peculiar. Title is "The Colony", by David Alan Smith. It is a true real-time FPS, supported on the Macintosh OS platform. With themes of being stranded in space and aliens, genre is technically space horror, almost like Corridor 7: Alien Invasion, but with lesser stupid designs by omitting aliens that are able to morph into items as disguise.

What I really like about this old school thing, even though I never really played it enough, is the wire-frame aesthetics taken into the world, nevermind the actors/objects. I am not sure what is exactly wire-frame, but I am sure that it is similar to the vector graphics of the much older FPS titles (e.g. Battlezone [1980]). I hope that I can use this technique to further compress the file size and complexities of doom modding. It is also like a old school VN in 3D/2.5D perspective! I really can't explain in words. See for yourselves.

The Colony (part 1) 1987

Link

The Colony (part 2) 1987

Link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChoSh.jpg, resident alien generation? Wow!
_
Regurgitator monster to be resumed
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
Spoiler: show
Fraud Alert Renewal Month: 03, 06, 09, and 12
My ZDoom mods
Viva Le Resistance! (threat: see ☠Image☠ below...)
Metal tracking mods
sfw
Spoiler: show
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]