Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Are there any good MMORPGs out there? 
FH Doujin King
FH Doujin King

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Are there any good MMORPGs out there?
Recently I've considered trying an MMORPG however with so many different ones out there and so little free time on my hands, I'd really rather not have to try them all just to find one I like. So I'm wondering does anyone here have any reccomendations? I would prefer not to have to pay for it although if it's a small one time only payment and not one of those accounts you have to re-purchase all the time like World of Warcraft then I would consider it.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:54 am
Profile E-mail
FH Doujin King
FH Doujin King

Cash on hand:
Post Re: Are there any good MMORPGs out there?
Too popular, a number of those nerds have taken it so far that they've put their gaming life before their real lives. I remember for Diablo II there were a number of people pouring out hundreds of dollars to buy online equipment to give to their characters and spending almost every waking hour playing the game. A few I think even went without sleep, probably running off of caffeine or something. I've heard Wow is even worse though, so I'd rather not take the chance there. Also like I said I don't want to have to regularly pay a fee just to play the game online.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:22 am
Profile E-mail
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:
runescape

Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:55 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
the answer is NO, there are none.

you can play WoW, but the problem with WoW is that it's Runescape with better graphics and you need to pay 15$ a month, which, no, it's not worth it.

i guess the only RPG i'm excited about is Fallout 3, but it ain't MMO.

Left 4 Dead is probably closest to what you want, but it's Co-Op, not MMORPG. Survival Horror, Zombies, FPS, Realistic as fuck, NOT point A-B missions.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:24 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
I'm gonna agree and say no, since most MMORPGs are linear to me. Mabinogi has it's idea of there are no classes, giving you more freedom, and music composition is kick ass, too. So I think that one is the best.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:39 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 26
Level 26

Cash on hand:
Granado Espada (Asian server) or Sword Of The New World (US)

Graphics are sweet, gameplay kinda hard at first (you get to control 3 chars), but overall, great game.

But this might take an awful lot of space in your HD, 4.5gig...

Well, for any more info, try asking CBP. He tried it.

Subliminal message... You suck.

Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:36 pm
Profile E-mail
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
Group: Gurren Doujin Brigade
As a nerd who play WoW occasionaly, i can say that either you play WoW every now and then, or you make it your second job or your entire life.

And if you dont whanna pay, play Guild Wars <.< its free, and i heard its popular among many people just like WoW. And theres Cabal Online, and silk road to name a few. but still MMO's are grinder games to the core mostly. your better of getting a good RPG, even go back to old PS1 and SNES. Todays gaming is more graphics, and less content, than back in the day.

I rather play good ol chrono trigger than lets say Fallout 3, even though Fallout 3 was good.

Spoiler: show

1 pcs.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:53 am
Profile E-mail
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
Diablo II is classic MMORPG. What else? Urban Dead. It's text based and can consume your time without consuming too much of your life :P

Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:40 am
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
Kingdom of Loathing. It's not your traditional "use the keyboard to run around, etc" type of MMO. Instead, it's browser-based. But it's freaking hilarious. Classes like Disco Bandit and Turtle Tamer, and weapons ranging from a saucepan, to an automatic catapult, to a projectile icemaker, to even a bag of candy o_O (bonus sleaze damage, seriously.) Plus, references to everything from a ton of pop culture, to even art. Yes, there's a haunted gallery, with references to art. You don't have to be a know-it-all to play, but it's funnier if you get the references. Got a slab of sponge and a pants kit? Make square pants, lol. If you do sign up, after you prove yourself literate (basically a spelling/grammar test to prove you're not gonna be a total moron in chat), send jimfromtx a kmail (in-game message). Just mention you're from here, and who knows, I might hook you up with a few starter items :P

Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:05 am
Profile E-mail
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
Group: Gurren Doujin Brigade
Another somewhat of a time filling browser based MMORPG is Adventurequest at battleon.com.

Sure, being a free member can suck, since when alot of players are on you cant get on, but after paying this fee just once ever, you can log in whenever. its fun, ive been playing it on and of for about 5 years now xD

Spoiler: show

1 pcs.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:33 am
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
a rating of MMO's that MIGHT be good
Adventure Quest, 7/10 - Good RPG action alot of goals to achieve but you need to have membership to acess the Full length of the game(For people who like straight up RPG's)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MechQuest(Yes Made by the Creators of AQ), 7/10 - Overally good RPG for Mecha-lovers but unlike its Brother game it doesn't have all of the unique features of AQ but it does have some of its own....once again you need to pay for a membership to get these perks.....but i think if you have account on AQ already you can register it on there.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AQworlds(Basically the same thing as AQ only different in a few ways), 5/10 - meh..... it sucks ballz if you dont have a membership, if you get one the game rating may go to about a 6 or 7.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DiabloII, 8/10 - Pretty awesome i guess but you do have to buy it or somethin this game doesn't have as addicting effects as WoW but its as good but if you are one of those peeps you will get addicted.This game will occupy your time till Diablo III which will have much better graphics and be much better......i hope....when your finished quest the only thing to do is to level up, Duel, Get better, then wait for diablo III and while your waiting join a clan to past the time...if you can, which i have yet to find out for myself, make your own clan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Master Bate Shon, 10/10 - best MMO Eva though i'd advise you to do it in the dark and alone....being in a group will get you uncomfortable not unless your into being in "Groups" but it does help to have a girl in the group they get things goin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well thats all i can think of that are worth while... if you want a full list of all the MMO's i've played/Playing ask me later :P

Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:59 am
Profile E-mail
Level 28
Level 28

Cash on hand:
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Darkfall

Allor wrote:
BLACKONESAREBIGGERANDBETTER

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
http://megaten.aeriagames.com/playnow?utm_source=ad4game&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=ad4game Shin Megami Tensai MMO. :P

Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:38 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 6
Level 6

Cash on hand:
Mabinogi is pretty good.
I've got that one.
You can spend some money to rebirth your charrie or to get pets, but, its not required.
It doesnt take up that much space, and there is a story line sorta.
But all in all its an exceleent game.
I started as a warrior, and two days later, i started useing magic. As has been said, there really arent any classes, so you can pretty much do whatever you want, whenever you want.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:17 pm
Profile YIM
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:
learned about a brand new mmo today, called EarthEternal, its not released yet, but its 3d and browser based, but apparently it will be available for download too, its free, and the FAQ says that players will be able to spend money to get some items or something, but anything that you can buy will money you can get in game for free too, the downsides are since its new it will probably be pretty buggy, and since its browser based the graphics might be kinda bad, but from what i read and saw they are better than runescape...

http://www.eartheternal.com/

Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:23 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]