Group: Їи$aиїту
Post The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Developer(s) Nintendo EAD
Publisher(s) Nintendo
Designer(s) Eiji Aonuma
Release date 2011
Platform(s) Wii

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a game currently in development for the Wii. It is the first Legend of Zelda game created specifically with the Wii in mind, and will require the Wii Motion Plus accessory. Miyamoto revealed that the title will continue development through the end of 2010, in preparation for what Eiji Aonuma said they hope to be an early 2011 release. In terms of the Zelda timeline, it has been confirmed by Aonuma himself that Skyward Sword will come before Ocarina of Time.

Early Development

When Eiji Aonuma was asked in a 2007 interview if Twilight Princess would be the Nintendo Wii's only Zelda title, he replied, "I can't say, but I guess for now, maybe, yeah [laughs]. Not to say that it's going to be the final game
. There's still a lot of potential with the Wii so there's still a possibility that there could be another Zelda for it. We do have some ideas in the works, but I can't say for sure because none of them have been approved and we're still very much in the planning process, so I hope you look forward to whatever comes out."

In a private meeting at E3 2007, Eiji Aonuma began to give details about the then-soon-to-be-released Zelda title, Phantom Hourglass. He then began speaking about the upcoming game, Skyward Sword. In his excitement, he began to reveal more details about the game, but was withheld from divulging too much information by Shigeru Miyamoto. He indicated that he would like to have a whole new control system for the game, and that it was possible that one-to-one swordplay could be implemented. He also said that he would like to make the game to appeal both to the casual and the hardcore gamer, a sentiment echoed by Miyamoto in a later interview.

It was stated by Shigeru Miyamoto that Twilight Princess is "without a doubt, the last Zelda game as you know it in its present form." However, the meaning of this quote leaves quite a bit to interpretation. In that same vein, Eiji Aonuma more recently revealed that he is looking to alter the "traditional flow" of Zelda games, which usually consists of exploring a field, entering a dungeon, conquering the dungeon, and then returning to the field.

At E3 2008, Miyamoto confirmed that Skyward Sword was not the only new Zelda game in development at the time. Spirit Tracks was produced alongside Skyward Sword by a separate team and released before the end of the following year.

At a round-table at the E3 2009 Convention, Shigeru Miyamoto disclosed that Skyward Sword would be announced at E3 in 2010. Artwork shown at the roundtable was leaked shortly after, depicting a swordless, adult, right-handed Link, as well as a mysterious female figure, bearing resemblance to both the Fairy Queen and the Master Sword. Miyamoto admitted that Skyward Sword's version of Link is older than those of past titles, and placed an emphasis on Link's lack of a sword in the leaked artwork, particuarly when questioned about the girl.
E3 2010 Previews

Plot

Link has lived his entire life on a floating island above the clouds known as Skyloft; however, his everyday life is interrupted by an event involving the Skyward Sword that reveals that there is a land below Skyloft, which is actually Hyrule. It is then discovered that Hyrule is being overrun by evil forces, forcing Link to go there. As the story progresses, it was revealed in a Gamespot interview with Eiji Aonuma that Link will be searching for a "lost or valuable friend" in the process. Throughout the game, Link must spend his journey traveling back and forth between Hyrule and Skyloft with the use of the Skyward Sword.

The Skyward Sword, which is the figure shown on the poster on E3 2009, possesses intelligence and will assume the semi-human form in the teaser poster. Eventually, the Skyward Sword will become the Master Sword. The Skyward Sword is also the driving force behind Link's traveling between the two lands and the sword will focus "heavily on the reason why there are two lands divided by a bank of clouds."

Gameplay and Controls

At the E3 2010, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was revealed during the Nintendo Press Conference, introduced by Reggie Fils-Aime and Shigeru Miyamoto. Miyamoto discussed that the use of the sword and shield will incorporate the motion capabilities of the Wii Motion Plus and use of the Nunchuk accessory. The sword can also be charged up by holding the Wii remote straight up in the air, and, once it's charged up, the remote must be swung downwards to release the beam as a projectile attack.

Since the Wii Remote serves as the sword, the nunchuk becomes the shield: quickly shaking the nunchuk will cause Link to raise his shield. The way to control it is to hold it up in front as if it were a real shield. Miyamoto demonstrated this by blocking attacks from Octoroks and even using the shield to send the projectile back at the enemy. Weapons such as Bombs, Slingshot, and Bow, the return of Sword Beams, and new items such as the Beetle and Whip were all showcased, all using the natural aiming and directional applications of the Wii Motion Plus.

The way to access the inventory is by pressing the B button, which will bring up a "radial menu" on the screen. To choose the item that Link will equip, the Wii remote must simply be used to select said item. The HUD can also be easily turned off if players find that it takes up too much space. One of the major changes in choosing items from the item screen or while drinking potions is that there is no pause in the action, so items are chosen in real time.

Previous rumors of a flying element were pushed further in an interview with Eiji Aonuma and Shigeru Miyamoto preceding the Nintendo E3 press conference on the Nintendo E3 Network with Aonuma saying that "the sky plays a key element." He also mentioned that the new Zelda isn't as big as Twilight Princess (as far as physical places go), but rather more dense and in-depth.

Aonuma also mentioned that Wii Motion Plus was not originally intended for Skyward Sword, because the controls weren't working well. But when Wii Sports Resort came out, it worked perfectly for that game, so they re-implemented it. Miyamoto has furthermore stated that the Wii Motion Plus will not be used for every item in the game, saying that item and weapon controls "will be carefully weighed to see how Motion Plus/sensor bar [...] can make for the optimal control scheme."

Skyward Sword will feature a new map that is "a lot easier to follow than previous attempts." According to Aonuma and Miyamoto, this should "cut down on the amount of time you spend lost." Moreover, since recent Zelda games have been focusing on things like story and dungeons, this title will focus more on "fun."

In the September 2010 issue of Nintendo Power, Eiji Aonuma once again spoke of trying to alter the "traditional flow" of Zelda games. He mentions that the development team is trying to take some elements of a dungeon and "actually move it out of those small connected rooms" into an area that is usually considered a field, with there not always being a boss at the end of that area.[30]

Graphics

Graphically, the title incorporates a mixture between The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess: cel-shading and realistic elements, the former in relation to the overworld, and the latter in respect to Link's appearance and weaponry. However, in the September 2010 issue of Nintendo Power, Aonuma mentioned that neither style contributed to the choice of art styles, and that they simply chose it since the developers are focusing on "swordplay", meaning that they wanted to make the swordplay accessible and clear to the user.

Cel-shaded versions of enemies such as Octoroks, Deku Babas, and Bokoblins were apparent during the gameplay at the Conference in order to further explain the motion capabilities of the sword with Wii Motion Plus and the weapons during combat. In terms of the overworld, an open forest-like area was shown, that housed a large, central tree and a multitude of colorful attributes such as mushrooms, foliage, and even temple-like entrances along the area's walls.

Skyward Sword's unique visual style was inspired by Miyamoto's love of impressionism, and the skies in the game are a tribute to Cézanne. Plenty of visual cues to identify enemy attacks and weaknesses will be given, and since "full realism" wouldn't work for these kinds of cues, the game developers decided that the best way to do so was to overexaggerate the character designs.

Music

Skyward Sword has been confirmed to be fully orchestrated, with Miyamoto saying that "Nintendo couldn't do what it did with Galaxy 2 and not do the same with the next Zelda." However, an IGN interview with Aonuma states that the question whether to use orchestrated music had still not been answered by the time E3 came up. Moreover, Aonuma said that he was actually surprised at Miyamoto's response during the roundtable, saying that he hasn't had a chance to talk to Miyamoto for his approval and that he might tell Aonuma that "he was just joking around."

Confirmed List

Items

* Bomb
* Slingshot
* Bow
* Whip
* Beetle
* Skyward Sword

Enemies

* Bokoblin
* Octorok
* Deku Babas
* Stalfos
* Keese
* Zol
* Fire Toadpoli
* Walltula

Bosses

* Scorpion

Places

* Hyrule
* Skyloft

Spoiler: show

Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 14
Level 14

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
Post Re: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Ah... while I don't know how it'll turn out to be, once it gets released and rule34 takes place, the term Xtreme blading will be quite redefined.

@game: Tbh I've always liked zelda games... the thing is I'm more interested about how the one on the 3ds will be, or maybe it's just I keep thinking about star wars' holograms when I try to imagine the actual console and that makes me go all wtfwut.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:04 am
Profile E-mail
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
True, ture... controls are so gonna be a pain in the ass.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:21 am
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
So if this is going to be set before OOT the hyrule field might be easy to recognize. There where certain parts on TP that you could make out the old map referances but it was all in pieces and scattered around. One thing i know ill be looking forward to the tradition that the LOZ designers seem to be keeping up quite well, and that being: the water temples/dungeons will be hard as FUCK lol

Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 14
Level 14

Cash on hand:
Unrelated, but whatever. The other day I got an email from SE saying that some new FF for the DS was out, it contained about 3 lines of text, one saying "Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light is out, buy it now!" and the other two being "A new game by the makers of one of the best epic fantasy rpg sagas of all time, with a new perspective of the classic battle system that has made the Final Fantasy saga what it is!"

Yes, they've gone from faking some improvements, changes and innovations to blatantly gloat over stagnation. From the title to the description you get the feeling of this being yet another FF, with the same battle centered gameplay and the same glaring flaws it had when they first started using it more than a decade ago; now I don't dislike the genre, in fact I've played rpgs for ridiculous amounts of time and I enjoyed them, but everything has a limit.

What's happening with SE and the whole FF thing is the same bullshit nintendo has been pulling off with mario games for 15 years, it's the same game over and over again and either people are stupider than I can imagine or I must be somehow blind to the innovations the thinking minds at big N have dropped in them, 'cause I can't see them at fucking all.
I mean, super mario 64 was fun because it was like any other mario game, but in 3d and not only that but you could punch and kick shit dead, coming from nintendo that was hardcore enough; but then after a relatively long time without any mario platformer ('cause he's all over the place and likes to go karting with bowser every now and then) it came sunshine.
And sunshine was sm64 again, nothing really new but the option of weeing on people, fair enough. Then there was galaxy which suddenly catapulted you into space and really added nothing worth mention and galaxy 2, which did nothing but expanding the original, only apparently sequel is nintendo's term for expansion pack. So basically they've been exploiting sm64 and adding OLDER ideas when they felt like refreshing the games.
Now I'm not saying they're not fun, because they are, and I understand that your reaction might be "why fixing something that ain't broken?"... well my answer would be that monkeys were sure not broken, but evolution still was great. Then again, I'd rather seeing things evolving in ways that aren't stupid, the wiimote is a good idea with a lot of polishing waiting to do, and I mean a fuckton of polishing, right now it's just erratically swinging the thing around hoping for shit to happen.

And tbh they've been exploiting Zelda OoT a tad too much too, but in a neat and less obvious way, so I'm cool with that. Well, not really, but Link is much more charismatic than some fat italian plumber who kills stuff by jumping on it.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
NexX, youre fuckin stupid. If you wanted to post about FF or Mario then make a new topic, dont just post in a completely unrelated board. If i knew how to work this site the way i used to (thanks for banning me 3 years ago...ass holes lol) i would have marked your post as spam. And just because neither of them belong on this board i wouldnt be surprised if your post and this one get deleted by the mods. Again a say: NexX, you're fuckin stupid

Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:24 am
Profile E-mail
Level 14
Level 14

Cash on hand:
Thanks for your enlightening reply, good forumite fellow.

Btw, complete this sentence, my truly oldfagish friend: "A website where the rules are limited..."

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:36 am
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
i like zelda i always playing in my emulator gba

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
While I should be deleting both of your posts, I think it's more constructive to leave them here.

Oh by the way NexX complete this sentence "Lulz, the reason I'll ban you on the site of..."

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 14
Level 14

Cash on hand:
Googled it, no results. Clearly nothing like that has ever existed, full stop

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Oh well it will just have to remain a mystery.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:56 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
NexX wrote:
Thanks for your enlightening reply, good forumite fellow.

Btw, complete this sentence, my truly oldfagish friend: "A website where the rules are limited..."

if i remember correctly that ends with "and intelligence in scarce"

then again there's probly a few hundred thousand websites with slogans very similar to that, so i could have that wrong, and wouldn't be surprised if i do

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:14 am
Profile E-mail
Level 14
Level 14

Cash on hand:
:)

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:08 am
Profile E-mail
Level 35
Level 35

Cash on hand:

Bank:
to continue within the context of the conversation I think that He brought up a very valid point about video games in modern day and related it to the zelda series just fine.

LOZ while re-dun about a million times has obviously used more creativity in creating the games and been more successful in my opinion. This is of course gauging success on the quality of the product created, not the quantity of product sold. This game specifically sounds interesting, but I guarantee I won't get it simply due to the fact that I have not beaten the other zelda games I have wanted to play, and there are too many other good games coming out.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun May 22, 2011 11:35 pm
Profile E-mail
ℱᒪ૪ᓰﬡᘐ ᖘ⋒ᖇᖰᒪᙓ ᖘᙓﬡᓮᔕ
ℱᒪ૪ᓰﬡᘐ ᖘ⋒ᖇᖰᒪᙓ ᖘᙓﬡᓮᔕ

Cash on hand:

Bank:
im simply not getting it because i hate the wii remote

Їи$aиїту Group! | Ultimate Fh Tribute!
© 2010 -2099 Odin Anarkis. All Rights Reserved.

Quotes
who149 wrote:
I'm trying i'm trying~ i'm making I'll try too slowly up my posting. At least once a day for a bit. Then I'll up that too twice, then four, then 8 and so on.
Until eventually I wake up one morning and find out that I am actually an Idiot hero.
On some quest too cheat on his gf or raise affection of 5 women who conveniently live in my the same dorm as me.
In which I only have 100 days to seduce them all.

Remon wrote:
Now we can dominate the porn industry, camera industry, AND the world!
YomToxic wrote:
YOU BETTER STAY ALIVE OR ELSE I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND RAPE YOU DEAD.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.