Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 "The Battle for Wesnoth" Game Music Pack (Original Score) 
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Group: Registered users
Post "The Battle for Wesnoth" Game Music Pack (Original Score)
DISCLAIMER:
This is not about the game itself. Sure, music can entail a bunch of literature and etc, but I am strictly focusing on the music itself. It's enough that it is already old classical than put the olde board game of intellect and refined sophistry. While back in the old days when there's nothing much to do, yeah, you can be the men of gentry lulling about the meadows, pondering about the mysteries of life. I wouldn't say the game is too boring, it does have a addictive/replayability value to it. Just remember that this is a strategy/board game. It's going to take some fucking time! If you don't have the fucking time, it's really best to refrain playing at free time, and at a minimum. When I'm saying minimum, I'm saying like just feed the goldfish time minimum. The only time you be wasting away is if idling serves the best interests at that given moment. BUT IF YOU SEE YOURSELF WASTING TIME LIKE IT PASSES BY TOO FUCKING FAST, REFRAIN AS BEST AS YOU CAN! YOU NEED A DIFFERENT GAME TO SUIT/ACCOMPANY YOUR LIFESTYLE, FAST!!!

Anyways, back to the topic context!

---

I don't know why the main development staff didn't wrap the songs into a package just yet. Had to download one by one, testing each one not by checksums, but quality.

Anyways, I did an archive of it for ease of online access. Music in game directories are not always easily found and I don't want to waste any time getting the downloads rolling. link 145.9mbs total est, sorry about the large file size, it's media, what can I say?

I could put this topic into the downloads section, but this is wesnoth, "The Battle for Wesnoth" as full title. It is a (quiet?) thriving development, not some legacy software just yet! Besides, it's popular enough and I wanted to discuss some of the songs and how they get references from Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. In fact, I believe that some of the songs are referenced from Carl Orff's "Carmina Burana", Richard Wagner's "Der Ring des Nibelungen", and maybe some imperial Japan gusto (although probably not deemed official in dissemination) albums. As bad as it is by standard, they still make up references to the Lord of the Rings stories. There are also other folklore inspired genres like Celtic, Russian, and maybe some ancient (imperial) Chinese songs. I believe that nonfolk songs with historical significance, still take place. Les Feuilles mortes is one example. It's not exactly WW2 in that sense, but rather a matter of lore heralding back to the olden days of grand epics. Examples might be medieval, feudal, Dark Ages, Crusades, Reformation, and Renaissance. The songs isn't consider the grand masterpiece of all time just yet. There are some cut ins and seemingly cut paste as transition and interruptions/abruptions. Even DHLore 8 21 21 from the Lore Skunkworks Mod Team sports somewhat more aligned, attuned, and transitive musical composition than wesnoth.

Some of my (absolutely? relatively is good enough [it's a different take on current styles]) favorites may include:
Return to Wesnoth
return_to_wesnoth.ogg
Siege of Laurelmor
siege_of_laurelmor.ogg
Elvish theme
data_core_music_elvish-theme.ogg
The Dangerous Symphony
the_dangerous_symphony.ogg
I said this is the best due to the higher clarity and presentation value of the emotive distraught monologue/dilemma as you see in those play shows
Heroes Rite
data_core_music_heroes_rite.ogg
Casualties of War
casualties_of_war.ogg
Still Another Wanderer
data_core_music_wanderer.ogg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChoSh.jpg, resident alien generation? Wow!
_
Regurgitator monster to be resumed
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
Spoiler: show
Fraud Alert Renewal Month: 03, 06, 09, and 12
My ZDoom mods
Viva Le Resistance! (threat: see ☠Image☠ below...)
Metal tracking mods
sfw
Spoiler: show
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]