* EU September 28, 2010 (PC)

Genre(s) Survival horror, Action-RPG, Beat 'em up
Mode(s) Single-player, online co-op, multiplayer
Rating(s)

* ACB: MA15+
* BBFC: 18
* ESRB: M
* PEGI: 18

Dead Rising 2 is an action/survival horror video game. It is being developed in partnership with Dead Rising developer Capcom by Blue Castle Games, and will be distributed by Capcom. The original Dead Rising team members have returned to create the game, including Keiji Inafune, head of Research & Development at Capcom. Originally set to be released in the beginning of 2010, the game's release was pushed back to September 28, 2010 in North America. The European and Australian releases are scheduled for September 24, 2010 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and 28 September for PC.

Gameplay

The player controls protagonist Chuck Greene as he fights off hordes of zombies while accomplishing specific missions. The game will include several new objects that can be used to attack the zombies. Over 7,000 zombies can be seen onscreen at any one time.

Dead Rising 2 allows players to manufacture their own custom weapons at various points in the game. The player will also be able to purchase cards that will reveal item combinations that could prove deadly after being built. Such combinations include the "Hail Mary," a hand grenade duct taped to a football, "Dynameat," a stick of dynamite duct taped to a piece of meat, the "Paddlesaw," two chainsaws duct taped to a kayak paddle, and "Freedom bear," which is a giant stuffed bear with a Rambo-style headband and a machine gun that acts as a sentry.

It was confirmed during Captivate '10 that cooperative gameplay for the story campaign will be available and according to Blue Castle Games there will be an online co-op mode. Both players will play as the main character, Chuck Greene, and will be able to earn experience and keep the items they collected throughout the game—but only the host player will be able to save the game's progress. A host can invite a friend to join the current game by sending out an invitation; if the friend accepts, a confirmation icon will be displayed and the host can allow the player to join in. Non-host players can drop in/out of a co-op game anytime they like. When the players become separated, a tiny animated Chuck Greene icon will appear at the bottom of the game screen. The icon will show what the other player is up to—attacking, being assaulted by zombies, etc. If a player is taken down by zombies, he will be able to call the other for help to revive them. The player will use food to revive the dying partner before his health runs out.

Multiplayer

During the 2009 Tokyo Game Show, Capcom revealed that the multiplayer of Dead Rising 2 takes the form of a reality TV show called "Terror Is Reality" in which players will act as contestants in a fictional gameshow. Up to four players can participate in multiplayer, competing against each other for the most kills inside an arena full of undead. Players will be able to use weapons and vehicles including human-sized hamster balls and chainsaw-equipped motorcycles. They also will be able to prevent other players from scoring by using various forms of "dirty" tactics.

Plot

The game is set five years after the events of the original Dead Rising. The zombie parasite that originated in Santa Cabeza and caused the Willamette outbreak has spread all over the United States. This is due to the 50 orphans scattered throughout the United States who had been injected with the parasite; subjecting them to zombification and infecting the rest of the US. The game takes place in the fictional Fortune City. The game's protagonist, Chuck Greene, is a former national motocross champion. Chuck will face a number of zombie hordes as well as surviving psychopaths and civilians whom he may choose to save. Among the survivors in Fortune City is Chuck's own daughter, Katey Greene, who was infected in an attack by her zombified mother. Katey serves as Chuck's primary motivation for battling the undead. He tries to earn money to keep his daughter on the infection suppressant "Zombrex".

The game begins as Chuck participates in the violent game show known as "Terror Is Reality", which celebrates the slaughtering of countless undead. The situation begins to deteriorate as the horde of zombies manage to break loose into the city, causing a wide-scale infection. Besides the need to find Zombrex for Katey, Chuck learns from a news report that he is accused of causing the outbreak in Fortune City and that the military will come to capture him in 72 hours. The player has that time to complete the game's story. Chuck decides to meet Rebecca Chang, the news reporter, in the Fortune City hotel to confront her about her source

Development

The sequel was announced on February 9, 2009, confirming earlier rumors of the game's existence, as well as a viral video for the game. The developers Blue Castle Games will be working with Keiji Inafune, the game's producer and Capcom's global head of research and development, along with other Dead Rising team members.

Marketing

Capcom created a variety of websites before the release of the game. These include TapeitorDie.Com, visitfortunecity.com, and deadrising-2.com.

In August 2010, Keiji Inafune released an eight part video series entitled Zombrex: Dead Rising Sun.

Capcom is set to sponsor a gathering of zombies at the London House of Parliament on August 30 - and the best dressed will win a games console. Attendees will also receive a limited edition, one-of-a-kind t-shirt. The inaugural General Election campaign will be attended by Citizens for Undead Rights and Equality (CURE), an equal rights group campaigning for the rights of zombies.

Retail copies

Dead Rising 2 was released in several retail versions. The standard edition includes the game and a manual and will be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. The Zombrex Edition in North America is only available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and includes a fake syringe of the Zombrex medicine featured in the game, along with an accompanying safety information card, a Zombrex-labeled steel case, a sales brochure, and a prescription pad. The Xbox 360 version comes with the Zombrex Dead Rising Sun movie whereas the PlayStation 3 version contains a voucher for a Dead Rising 2 XrossMediaBar dynamic theme and a behind the scenes featurette. The Outbreak Pack, available for any system, but exclusive to Europe, features a red box and contains a zombie figurine and some accessories for the figurine. A limited run of 700 copies was also announced for Australia. The Zombrex Edition will be also be released in Europe, containing the Zombrex steel case, fake syringe pen and a making-of DVD.

Case Zero

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero is an Xbox 360-exclusive download and is available on the Xbox Live Marketplace priced at 400 Microsoft Points. It helps to develop the plot towards the main game and acts as the prologue for Dead Rising 2. The story takes place three years before the events of Dead Rising 2 and involves Chuck and Katey's first large-scale adventure against the horde of zombies after escaping Las Vegas. The player can reach up to level five in Case Zero, which the player may carry over (along with the 80,000 PP required to achieve it as well as any combo cards earned) into Dead Rising 2.

Case Zero was released on August 31, 2010 in North America and Europe, and is one of the few games that is region locked and cannot be downloaded outside of those regions, Australia and New Zealand. Japan's release date of August 31, 2010 has been delayed as the game has content that is not appropriate for the trial version.

Case Zero in its first week sold over 300,000 copies making it the fastest selling game on Xbox Live Arcade. On September 15, Capcom announced that Case Zero has sold more than 500,000 copies. Reception for Case Zero has been generally favorable, receiving an average score of 79 on Metacritic.

Case West

On September 15, 2010, Capcom announced a second downloadable episode titled Case West. The Xbox 360 exclusive features the return of Frank West, the hero of the previous Dead Rising, in a new story that occurs shortly after the events of Dead Rising 2. Frank must team up with Chuck Greene, the protagonist of Dead Rising 2, in order to stop an unknown zombie threat and clear Chuck's name of any involvement. The episode includes a co-op feature allowing two players to complete the game as each character. Case West is expected to be released shortly after Dead Rising 2 on September 24 in Europe and September 28 in North America.

An interview with co-producer Shinsaku Ohara revealed that Case West will bring back the photography element from Dead Rising, explaining "It's part of Frank. So when Frank comes back, so does the photography."

All information acquired from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_rising_2

Spoiler: show

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 14
Level 14

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
Post Re: Dead Rising 2
Since I recently upgraded to XP SP3 (like a mother fucker, I may add) I could finally check it out. Eh, maybe it'll get boring after some time, but so far it's fun, ergo good; also I find the fact that one of the few "big" games that doesn't really take itself seriously DOESN'T have regenerating health hilarious.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Їи$aиїту
So you any good at it or are you getting raped by zombies?

Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:59 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 14
Level 14

Cash on hand:
Zombies are easy to smash and avoid as fuck, otoh my first psycho was some dude which used a piece of glass as a weapon... and holy fuck was it hard and ninja fast :|

Ever since whenever I smell psychos I get as many bulldozers as I can and a divinity to pray to.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Heh heh heh... Just wait until they get good weapons. And there's nary a helpful thing in sight.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 14
Level 14

Cash on hand:
I like trash cans, they've got edible shit in'em and stun people.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Lol, I find that quite hilarious. I can't help but think your daughter is soooooo gonna turn into a zombie.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 14
Level 14

Cash on hand:
Nah, I always pick up teh zombrex and shit.

The thing is, once I'm done with new vegas and beat DR2 I'm SO gonna try sum mods, like the one that make time go slower and moar weapons and whatever.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:04 am
Profile E-mail
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
That sounds pretty wicked. I may have to have you send me something fun.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:28 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 14
Level 14

Cash on hand:
Like a hamster dildo :?

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:37 am
Profile E-mail
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Links to the place where you got it. but... I've decided against it as I have POS Dial-up.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:49 am
Profile E-mail
Level 14
Level 14

Cash on hand:
I just checked the size of one of the big packs and it's like 11mb, so... yeah, you can actually dl that even with the shittiest internet ever.

http://deadrising2mods.proboards.com/index.cgi go nuts, haven't tried any yet, though.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:59 am
Profile E-mail
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
lol. I don't have the game for PC.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 14
Level 14

Cash on hand:
Then you are a terrible creature.

No breaking news, but wanted to clear that up.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
360 version is easier lulz.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:24 pm
Profile E-mail