Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Liberal Racism 
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
Group: Wam Bam Klan
Post Liberal Racism
Basically: modern liberal racism discussions are usually much like discussing sexism with a feminist. There are large differences in definitions and ideas between the two parties. The idea of privilege is often overplayed, yes, but the idea isn't necessarily (or shouldn't be, anyway) used to guilt someone; rather, it should be used to explain and show innate advantages that our white/straight/cis/male-centric society gives us over a minority, however much of an advantage that is--and in the case of white privilege, where little advantage is given to the poor, it just shows how unproductive it is for poor people to be racist. I find the concept has been twisted and misused much like the idea of patriarchy in feminism has to the point where it's near-useless when discussing with someone who's not versed in the idea, since to the people spouting this stuff these concepts are just vague ideas that they don't know anything of concerning their origin or purpose, making it almost impossible for someone else to understand what the fuck they're talking about since they don't understand it in the first place.

Also: Ignoring race when it comes to treating people might curb racism among local groups, but if you don't discuss and attack the root cores of racism itself--factors involving long-standing aspects of American culture (especially in certain areas of the country), fear of difference, encouragement at many stages in life to shun and even hate those that are different, the list goes on--it's just going to stay the way it is. Trying to ignore the problem will just leave it as is or give opportunities for people who support the problem to make it worse. CONSTANT VIGILANCE! against racists, and don't treat others you talk with differently based on their race, in other words. It would be great if people all ignored race on all levels, but they don't, so it's an issue.

Since overall what some people might see as "advantages" to racial minorities (affirmative action) has done little to nothing to raise the bar statistically for that group of people (as varied a group of people as that is) I don't really see it as much of an issue or really an advantage (and this is hearsay so take it with a grain of salt, please--I'd gladly change this position if someone were to present evidence against it).

As for women being favored in childhood custody cases: it's prejudice on the part of judges toward the back-assward "mothers are all-nurturing"/"everyone is a natural mother"/"children need to have a mother" bullshit. I personally know someone where courts decided time and time again to leave him with his abusive mother, and it wasn't until she drove a fucking car over his leg and broke it that they finally saw "Hey, maybe his mother actually is batshit" and took him away from her. Bias based on the gender of the parent shouldn't be taken into account. Hell, bias based on religion or political beliefs really shouldn't be taken into account either (except where the practice thereof could cause harm to the child, of course). The courts really need to decide what's best for the child and not base their decisions on an archaic view of people based on binary genders and gender roles.

The way I see it, white/male/etc privilege as a concept can help to illustrate the differences in society, but they do nothing to solve the problem, on top of reinforcing the idea that they're right and possibly harboring a resentment in the people that don't fall into that specific privilege. I don't wanna overblow that last point or make it sound like anybody who thinks one person receives a privilege over another automatically hates anybody in that group, but there're certainly examples of this happening to an extent.

And as far as ignoring race, it's something I think we should focus more on the youth with. Racism is mostly found in older age groups, and trying to get rid of it there won't find success in a great degree. But I think, like the episode of South Park with the flag, the younger the kids are increasingly open and accepting, and getting rid of the concept of 'us and them' shouldn't be discarded. To the contrary, the embracement of it at younger levels could be one of the best paths to eliminating racism, especially if coupled with empowering everyone, regardless of race, gender or sexuality, to success and higher achievement.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:17 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
Group: Catgirl Saviours Club
Post Re: Liberal Racism
Alright I will admit that I'm racist in the sense that I have innate dislike of certain races. Canadians(not a race but people. Don't argue) Black people kinda worry me. Anyway I treat them all with respect and kindness, but I'm innately racist. I wish I wasn't but I am. Not that I'm not friends with tons of those people.

Thought of Bioshock infinite when it got to american racism in culture.

Anyway ON TOPIC TIME.

I find a lot of youth more accepting. My friends eat up all the cancer victims and gays are criminalized stuff. I find there are too many problems in the world to focus on these strongly but that's my opinion. On dealing with this I didn't know the term until now but the meaning is clear. Prejudice and personal superiority. It's all ego feeding or discrimination crap. Honestly people need to be more accepting. We need to show both sides when teaching things. Not tout one or the other. And then let the kids argue points and figure out the best logic. Maybe give suggestions but that's it. There will always be people who are racist(liberally and literally). We can't ignore them, but arguing won't work either. We just have to stop them from doing actual harm.

Now on biases, I find everyone has them. I ignore mine when talking but I have them too. I said I was racist innately above. I probably side for logic more than belief too. Anyway off topic. We have to point out these biases. Ask questions about the perception of the facts. People are often broken and we need to help them see that.

On actual racism we can't stop it. It will exist as I stated earlier. I find we should track activists to stop crimes. And stop promoting one side or the other. Gay pride Parade? I think they'd fit into society better if they became a group. Minority programs? Guilt trips. We should accept these people and let them become integrated until we don't see the difference or if we do we don't see it as bad(majority I mean, there will be racists as I said). I would personally say right away, but these people deserve a celebration for all the hate they got over the years. Hell we still have martin luther king jr. day. Karma and all that.

Also just for fun. Louie CK on being white ladies and gentlemen. Not mean but funny. Also kinda real.

Link

Storytelling is my true love.
I Thought of all of these statements in an instant.
I improv so well not improving is like retarding myself.
BLAH BLAH BLAH Pretentious crap, references, jokes, and contrary statements.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:31 am
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Pandemonium
And here comes the devil's lawyer.

Where I live in, "acceptance" and "tolerance" are actually becoming serious problems. More specifically, this is 90% coming from muslims and 10% from jews. Those aren't races per say but discrimination is discrimination. I personally hate Islam and will continue to do so no matter what but that's because they aren't helping their case at all.

As I was saying, tolerance here is a problem because immigrants keep referring to our Charts of Rights and Liberties to try to justify things of their rleigiongs that are either legally or ethically wrong, such as muslim women wanting to take ID photos with their Niqab/Bruka/thingies on and keeping them on in state institution. This is completely absurd the ID is meant to be able to easily identify whether a person is who they really claim to be. What kind of identification do you want to make off someone who's face is entirely hidden on their papers? it defeats the purpose entirely. In the same vein, there's been cases about muslims insisting for their sons to be able to still carry some fort of ceremonial dagger at school on basis that it was an object of religion. A fucking dagger in a fucking school, this is a goddamn weapon those fucking retards... And then there's those that keep wanting to force christian people to remove crosses in buildings and shti because it supposedly offend them. Normally I dislike Christians but this time I have to side with them. Those damned muslims want to be able to show off their faith but they refuse at the same time to see other people's faith, talk about double standards.

I could go on, but you pretty much get the picture. tl;dr, here muslims are mostly hypocrite shit that want to force their home country's laws onto us and often win because of our stupidly lenient chart of "rights and liberties" and that is one of the reasons why I hate Islam.

1 pcs.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:29 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
Completely understandable. My point isn't to force religion but to allow it. Really if they want their kids to take blades to school, go to a muslim school. Not there? That means the community doesn't support it so make one. Not enough people? Homeschool or follow the rules. Really if you want an ID or passport follow the rules. You don't want to follow them you don't get the benefits. There's acceptability and then there's pushing it.

No one's stopping you from being religious but it's your choice whether to follow the system. my point is on acceptance in nature and psychologically. If you think the rules are interfering with you then avoid all the benefits you get with them. Society is built with these rules, and you make a choice by siding with or against them.

Crosses in school? Depends on the rules. Should it be taken down because of one complaint? No. If the majority hates it? Yes. Rules are made on the people for the people. If you have a problem with them stop using them and stay away from the help they provide. Rules are there for a reason.

In basis, you have a right to your beliefs, culture, sexuality and everything about you. But by doing things like console gaming, school, IDs, passports, Bank Accounts and other things you are agreeing to a set of rules. If you don't like em leave. We're not making you stay, you are. So don't complain if you're going to stay.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:37 am
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Pandemonium
That's exactly what's happening though, they come here trying to import their entire set of beliefs and legislation and slap it in our faces. The biggest problem with it is that our current chart of rights often allows them to achieve their goals under the excuse of acceptance of people's right of belief. Well, this could be worth a topic of its own so I'll just stop there with the muslims.

There's other examples of things minority do that really don't help themselves though. Here's an example with the black community; now don't take me wrong, the few black people I've known (I live in place with little diversity) were very respectable, but still. Anyways, this is about "Niggers" literally. black people will very often use that word between each other and it's all fun it's all good. But if a white person uses that same word - even if only because hat white person saw them use it in a friendly way - then the black people immediately start lashing out at them ,calling them racist and being widely offended. Here we go again double standards.

I see this in feminism too, sadly. Most modern feminists pretend to claim for equality, but they still want all the advantages: They want men to be gentlemen, to do all the physical and dirtier tasks, etc. This is just so ridiculous and they don't even realize it yet what they're asking for is not equality but rather superiority. And then they wonder why even other women like myself hate them.

There will always be senseless hate, but there is also a large part of the hate that minorities cause and bring on themselves by provoking other communities or by being hypocrite and/or greedy in their claims and/or action.

1 pcs.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:58 am
Profile E-mail
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
Yeah I see. And I've realized these points a long time ago. I live in a small and pretty good community. Our biggest problem is teen drinking. But whenever issues like this come up I try to stand out as a person who gives good respectable input. Eventually I'll become a staple if I keep at it long enough, and people will defer not about things but why things exist. I'm doing this as a partial experiment to see how I can slow or dissentigrate these problems in a community.

The double standards is something that I'm hoping is limited. I'm hoping it's a celebration of freedom and acceptance in modern culture, almost a way to get back for the shit they went through. I'm hoping it'll end when people grow some brains and realize things like eqaulity means being EQUAL. You can't expect something from others you wouldn't do. Or that things become jokes. I accidentally called a guy Jamal whose name is Lorenzo the other day because I didn't know him well enough. It's probably the most racist thing I've ever said but we all shrugged it off as a joke and laughed hard. The word Nigger should either become forgotten or a common joke. I'm not saying it has to be immediate, I just hope it won't last forever.

Back to the standard practice though, Religion or belief is often used in a broken sense. We have to look out for that and counter it when it comes up. Right now people aren't realizing how they set themselves up for problems or exceptions that should not exist. I'm all for acceptance, but that doesn't mean we have to bend over backwards for it. And right now a lot are simply because they can't think of a better way to deal with the problem.

Anyway people do abuse but often unknowingly. We have to educate the masses in understanding.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:37 am
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
Group: Wam Bam Klan
Well first of all, innate racism is still a bit silly. To hate a group for the actions of a minority, or even a majority is incredibly immature. It's called turning a blind eye to race, origin, gender, etc. I'm not sure about where you live, but crime among African Americans has diminished and behavior distinction is becoming progressively neutral. I'd say, the majority of black people are no longer rowdy or undereducated. And why were they rowdy/undereducated in the first place? They were raised in the fucking ghetto with much less opportunity given than whites. Segregation was only made illegal in 1950.

As for Islam, there's a huge difference between hating Islam and hating all Muslims. A lot of people have trouble drawing this distinction. Those people cannot help it, they've been brainwashed. Instead of hating them and making them feel misunderstood and underrepresented, thus giving them reason to rule out Liberal supremacy over others is kind of counterproductive. I personally, cannot stand Islam. As an anti-theist, I want it burned to the ground. If I could have my way, I'd go and clear Islam from the minds of every human being in existence. It makes me want to break shit every time I think of what would have happened to me if I was born in the Middle East, as a female. Islam is one of the living examples of why certain feminist movements are truly needed. (Will make a thread on feminism eventually)
However, racism is hating a people or race, not a religion. A religion is an objective thing whereas race technically doesn't exist. So Kristina, you're good. Your disdain is credited for. I simply don’t condone the idea of spouting hate for all Muslims; they’re simply blind, mislead followers. Now the enforcers of Islam and the Taliban and such, they can do with some hate.
And to go back and feign ignorance for a moment, even if race did exist, it's again, silly to draw a bubble. Complete ignorance of particular races is difficult but it can be done. It's like the gamer girl scenario: "Since most girls don't play video games, it is okay to assume all gamers are male."

For my part, I recognize prejudice and racism as a "bi-product" of an expression of distaste for said people due to whatever context you came across them in. A highly irrational but actual behavior, it's not enough that you dislike the person, you just "know" there's plenty of others, just like "that" person or "those" people, but to some people it never really specifies what it is and continues on to linger on as bitterness. Due to context, we grow to find pattern in said behaviors, and we apply them to groups, though the same could be applied to anybody or anyone in general. It's (to me) "just" an inconvenient conditioned response. Though I wish it almost had any decent purpose behind it, it's a reaction each individual has to explain to themselves.

Race has never really been a prejudicial factor for me; I end up judging people or groups of people by other means when I do. If I pass two Mexicans in a dark alley at night, and they're young guys with saggy pants, yelling and being rowdy, I get defensive, not because they're Mexican, but because they fit the description of trouble maker.

Obligatory video:

Link

Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:38 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Kristina wrote:
And here comes the devil's lawyer.

Where I live in, "acceptance" and "tolerance" are actually becoming serious problems. More specifically, this is 90% coming from muslims and 10% from jews. Those aren't races per say but discrimination is discrimination. I personally hate Islam and will continue to do so no matter what but that's because they aren't helping their case at all.

Actually, most Muslims are completely peaceful and hate the extremists. They even condemn the violence that extremists do, however nothing changes because moderate and extremist Muslims listen to different imams.

Quote:
As I was saying, tolerance here is a problem because immigrants keep referring to our Charts of Rights and Liberties to try to justify things of their rleigiongs that are either legally or ethically wrong, such as muslim women wanting to take ID photos with their Niqab/Bruka/thingies on and keeping them on in state institution.

I don't see what the problem is. As long as one can clearly see their faces, there seems to be nothing wrong with Muslim women wearing the Niqab. In addition to this, what is the problem with them wearing the Niqab in a state institution?

Quote:
In the same vein, there's been cases about muslims insisting for their sons to be able to still carry some fort of ceremonial dagger at school on basis that it was an object of religion. A fucking dagger in a fucking school, this is a goddamn weapon those fucking retards...

You are not talking about Islam, but rather Sikhs. They are the ones that carry ceremonial daggers, called the Kirpan. (http://www.sikhs.org/art12.htm)

Quote:
I could go on, but you pretty much get the picture. tl;dr, here muslims are mostly hypocrite shit that want to force their home country's laws onto us and often win because of our stupidly lenient chart of "rights and liberties" and that is one of the reasons why I hate Islam.

That's quite hypocritical of you as you say that you hate Islam for Muslims wanting to force their laws onto Canada, however, I am sure that there are just as many if not more evangelical Christians who want to force their religious views onto Canada.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:22 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
mangaman wrote:
That's quite hypocritical of you as you say that you hate Islam for Muslims wanting to force their laws onto Canada, however, I am sure that there are just as many if not more evangelical Christians who want to force their religious views onto Canada.

I hate all organized religions equally.

1. Christianity - wants to keep the US in the European equivalent of the dark ages.
2. Scientology - scams people harder than the 419 gang.
3. Islam - uses drug and oil money to prop itself up.

I could go on - but I'll just say I hate any religion that tries to mess with people's rights to live. Especially christianiy and islam nowadays.

4 pcs.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:31 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Shocksock
Shocksock

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Be a Rastafarian you get to smoke weed and listen to Bob Marley songs.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:01 pm
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Shocksock wrote:
Be a Rastafarian you get to smoke weed and listen to Bob Marley songs.

At least they don't jam their leaves down your throat.

4 pcs.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:43 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
[quote="Nomed"]
I despise all of the desert religions for their 'God/s' demand a slave mentality from their followers and the killing of those who oppose them.
I've always found the idea of 'affirmative action' to be insulting to those it supposedly protects. In that system they are telling people just because the happen to look a certain way, believe in something specific, be a certain gender, or be a homosexual that they are too stupid to accomplish what the 'privileged white heterosexual christian man' can. I've talked at great lengths about this with people of many different races, genders, and religion and most agree with my view point. I happen to be a straight white male that isn't a drug user and when I'm unemployed or injured the government just looks at me and tells me to pay for my own shit. Which is fine because I don't believe in handouts. To reward people for being born a certain way or believing in certain things while punishing those that fall outside of the protected groups totally fucked up. When I go to get groceries and the person in front of me is dressed in a new leather jacket, wearing designer jeans and shoes (the guys toddler son was too) and pays for a shopping cart full of steaks with food stamps and gets into a brand new Cadillac I have plenty of reason to say fuck the handout system!

The whole 'politically correct' nonsense makes the same people that are protected under 'affirmative action' the further shield of being protected by words. Specific ideals, gender, and races are coddled to and are allowed to act in the most degrading and ignorant manner while their self-made 'liberal/progressive' protectors looks on lovingly at the class warfare that is working to their advantage. The unprotected groups are turning into scapegoats for all of 'societies' problems and are ridiculed, insulted, and attacked while the media looks upon this all and says nothing about it.

All of this serious talk has got me too worked up so here is something we think you all will enjoy: [youtubeqNYNMC68kq4[/youtube]

cooki:

4 pcs.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:09 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 26
Level 26

Cash on hand:
Group: ORANGE?!?
Seika wrote:
That's exactly what's happening though, they come here trying to import their entire set of beliefs and legislation and slap it in our faces. the biggest problem with it is that our current chart of rights often allows them to achieve their goals under the excuse of acceptance of people's right of belief. Well, this could be worth a topic of its own so I'll just stop there with the muslims.

There's other examples of things minority do that really don't help themselves though. Here's an example with the black community; now don't take me wrong, the few black people I've known (I live in place with little diversity) were very respectable, but still. Anyways, this is about "Niggers" literally. black people will very often use that word between each other and it's all fun it's all good. But if a white person uses that same word - even if only because hat white person saw them use it in a friendly way - then the black people immediately start lashing out at them ,calling them racist and being widely offended. Here we go again double standards.

I see this in feminism too, sadly. Most modern feminists pretend to claim for equality, but they still want all the advantages: They want men to be gentlemen, to do all the physical and dirtier tasks, etc. This is just so ridiculous and they don't even realize it yet what they're asking for is not equality but rather superiority. And then they wonder why even other women like myself hate them.

There will always be senseless hate, but there is also a large part of the hate that minorities cause and bring on themselves by provoking other communities or by being hypocrite and/or greedy in their claims and/or action.

I thought I would post something serious for once here it goes
Well really it is not a double standard you don't really get the complexities of the word Nigger it has been used for a very long time in order to demean and disgrace black people when they used to call someone that it was essentially saying that they were less than human saying that they were violent animals and I guess it made it easier for the kkk to carry out their brutal attacks
Anyway I am not sure exactly where it came about but a movement was started by black people to take that word and make it their own...It came to be a word of brotherhood they wanted to take away that weapon (and words can be used as weapons)
But it takes a very long time for words to loose there meaning even if there exists a concentrated effort to do so and because of this the word Nigger if used by a white man(or really any race) can still mean that you are calling them subhuman even though that might not be your intention
So it is a best bet just not to say that word ( and I mean is it that hard to come up with another word that displays commendatory with a person?)

Secondly Feminism is not really what you are claiming it is feminism
Firstly men should try to act like gentlemen and women should act like ladies but that is in the manner and edicate department matter to begin with
Secondly a big part of the feminist moment involves trying to get into the so called dirtier jobs such as the military
Women have fought for a long time to and try and serve in the front lines

In any case I think it is important not to lump people into categories but instead judge them on a case by case basis
Why? Because it shows some level of intelligence it is fucking easy as hell and requires no thought at all to jam people into groups whether it is a racial, ethnic, political, religious group

Anyway now it is time for something stupid

Link

Beelzebub, Asmodeus, Bapholada, Lucifer, Loki, Satan,

Cthulhu, Lilith, Della! Blood, to you all!

I'm the wolf, yeah!
I am the wolf! It's close, it's coming. You have come.
The witness to the end, of time. It's now! I will rise to
her side! I don't need the words!
I'm beyond the words!

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.