Reply to topic  [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next
 Chronicles of Jungalore: Rise of Dragons 
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Arcade Corps
Post Re: Chronicles of Jungalore Main RP Thread
((I noticed I made an error in my profile with the new system. This is only temporary and I have fixed it. However, to prevent issues with the job points I've made a table. See the spoiler for more info. This will also be available in the next update.

Spoiler: show
LEVELS POINTS
0 0
2 1.5
4 3
6 4.5
8 6
10 7.5
12 9
14 10.5
16 12
18 13.5
20 15
22 16.5
24 18
26 19.5
28 21
30 22.5
32 24
34 25.5
36 27
38 28.5
40 30
42 31.5
44 33
46 34.5
48 36
50 37.5
52 39
54 40.5
56 42
58 43.5
60 45
62 46.5
64 48
66 49.5
68 51
70 52.5
72 54
74 55.5
76 57
78 58.5
80 60
82 61.5
84 63
86 64.5
88 66
90 67.5
92 69
94 70.5
96 72
98 73.5
100 75

That said, next post.~))

His reputation building slowly, Mikkael decided to look at the quest board once again. Another delivery quest for iron was acceptable, since a good amount of time had passed. Avoiding battles for the time being, he set out to the Lumen Mines and returned with a decent haul.

ROLL: 28 - 46 - 76 - 1 - 20 - 94 - 36 - 58 - 98 - 51 - 25 - 25
Iron x20
Gold x2

He turned both stacks in and took his 1300 Legen reward. Now certain of his potential, he decided to finally go out and clear the first floor of the Lumen Mines. In his endeavors, he first encountered three Aqua Morpho, which were cleared with ease utilizing his Pickaxe. He found no loot, but pocketed the 15 legens from their remains. (3/10 Enemies Cleared)

Going down a new path, he noticed a slight overgrowth, and upon stepping forward, it was as if the plants came to life. Shining plants with sharp teeth, capable of cutting into bone. These creatures, he knew, were Lumen Plant Traps. He decided to take a defensive approach against the five, knowing he could block out most of the damage. Even knowing he was put to sleep by one for most of the battle, he still managed to slice his way through and go deeper into the dungeon. (8/10 Enemies Cleared)

LOOT ROLL
Shiny Leaf: 3 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 1
Wood: 4 - 4 - 2 - 7 - 4
Charred Wood: 3 - 3 - 2 - 4 - 3

His final two enemies were some fairly bats which were easily taken care of and without much effort. He never found any items from them, but was content knowing he would soon be done with the cavern.

Entering the large area ahead, he found himself in a sort of "room" with a couple overturned mine carts. He saw the exit up above, and a set of tracks leading deeper into the dungeon, as well as a chest near the exit. Deciding to check out the chest, he took a few steps forward before the tunnels were suddenly blocked by falling rocks. Looking directly above himself, he saw a giant blue slimy creature clinging to the ceiling. The great morpho dropped below, with Mikkael barely managing to dodge out of the way! The boss battle was beginning!

Link

BOSS: GREAT MORPHO APPROACHES!
CONDITION: UNABLE TO FLEE
SPECIAL: GREAT MORPHO IS ATTUNED TO WATER

Mikkael decides to use his Pickaxe to open, and is Slow Speed!
Great Morpho is Average speed and gets the upper hand!

The great morpho conjures up water and blasts it at Mikkael with fast speed!
(25 * 2) - 9 = 41 Damage!
Mikkael is pushed into the rocky walls and takes damage, he gets back up nonetheless.

Mikkael Life: 1259
Mikkael Will: 120

Great Morpho Life: 500
Great Morpho Will: 185

Mikkael spins his Pickaxe in his hand and SLICES through the Great Morpho with incredible strength!
2(106 * 2) = 2 * 212 = 424 Damage!
IT DEALS TREMENDOUS DAMAGE! THE GREAT MORPHO IS CRITICALLY INJURED!

Mikkael Life: 1259
Mikkael Will: 105

Great Morpho Life: 76
Great Morpho Will: 185

The Great Morpho cowers in pain but attacks! It fails to deal damage and fails to paralyze!
Mikkael lets out a battle roar and drives the pickaxe into its core! The Great Morpho explodes!
Great Morpho Defeated!
Mikkael earns 105 Legens!

Drying himself off, Mikkael smiled at his success and moved towards the exit, he opened the chest and claimed the 1000 Legens waiting for him. He gazed out of the cave and made his way back to Cyndar to report the quest's completion and get some food.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Emerging from the cavern, Mikkael gazed around the surrounding area. Nothing much was to be done now. He could go back into the mines and do some mining, or he could see what else is around the mainlands. As of right now, the Cyndar region was complete to him. Selk would be to the north-west, and in the journey, he'd run into Oasis Canyon. Alternatively, he could take another path and end up traversing the Bandit Isles.

"But is that a risk I'm willing to take?" He contemplated. He also questioned a feeling like he had done this once before. Something was all too familiar about these occurrences. Like out of a dream or out of another time. Among his people, though, he was far too young to have had such experiences and this was his first time coming to the mainland in the first place.

As he continued to think about this, walking along the path back to Cyndar, he nearly bumped into a girl, a human barely older than him.

"W-Woah, sorry ma'am."

The woman looked back at him. "What is a Meridian doing over here?" She asked in a harsh manner.

"I... I'm having my first adventure." Mikkael responded, scratching his cheek.

"Tch... Still the same, just like the rest of them." She remarked. The woman stepped up to him and pushed a finger into his chest. "Look buddy, you ought to go back to your home, as far as we're concerned, you're nothing but a monster like the rest."

"E-Excuse me!?" Mikkael questioned, becoming mildly angered.

"You heard me, we Humans have spent ages building our home here, and will not let your ki-!"

"HEY, REIZEI, ARE YOU FIGHTING THE BLOODY FOREIGNERS AGAIN!?" A heavily built reptal soldier called out, seemingly to the woman.

"So what if I am?" She responded.

"Look, you know damn well that these people are welcome in the kingdom. They're not idiots like you, and won't cause trouble. Why do you have to assume they're here to do just that?" The man asked in a demanding tone, poking her in the chest as she did to Mikkael.

"Gawayne, these people are from the same land as the enemy!"

"You're from a totally different land from Cyndar yourself! Lay off, be on your way. Don't let me catch you doing this again."

Letting out a sigh, she nodded, "You got lucky this time, meridian, if you cause any trouble I'll show you no mercy."

As Reizei walked away, Mikkael turned to the Reptal, "Thank you sir, I was afraid I was going to punch her. I've been told such is impolite among human society."

The giant of a warrior smiled, "Think nothing of it. Reizei is a thorny woman... Although, saying that would undermine her positive qualities. Tell me, what's your name."

"Mikkael. Yours?"

"Gawayne Armosa. I'm a warrior for the Church of Lumbra. I'm simply doing the rounds and training along the way."

Mikkael nodded, "I see... So you're a templar then?"

"Aye. Well, a paladin to be precise. It's a life I've dedicated myself wholly to. Tell me, you seem outfitted as a soldier, what are you looking to become?"

Mikkael, puzzled, asked, "What I look to become?"

"Oh? You never learned of the mechanics behind class changing?" Gawayne asked, "Well, I suppose I can teach you. Come, join me at the tavern."

Back in Cyndar, Gawayne began his explanation.

"As a soldier, once you've completed enough quests, you can go out to advance into one of three classes, the warrior, the ashigaru, or the spellsword. We templars are warriors who chose this life instead of that of a knight."

Taking a drink, Mikkael nodded, "So what do the other two become?"

"Ashigaru become ninjas or samurai. Those people tend to hang around Vel Da Ir, a town directly north. The spellsword becomes a magic knight or a loathsome dark knight." Gawayne clenched the handle of his mug at the mention of dark knights. "In any case, I'd advise you to think carefully about your choice. You abilities will improve with every change, but the abilities vary."

Mikkael nodded, taking another drink, "I see. Thank you for the info."

"Think nothing of it. That said, I must be off now, take care."

With Gawayne gone, and more on Mikkael's mind, he finished his drink and finally decided to head for Oasis Canyon.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
((I've now taken a look at the level up speed. So far I think the character growth seems okay. I could repeat quests, but for the most part I'm finding growth to be alright as is. By all means, people can repeat quests and probably level up faster, but where's the fun in that, right? In any case, the early levels are easy, even solo, but later on the quests are indeed harder, and unless you have some mad gear, you may have difficulty. Especially since every quest has a level cap for which it can be accepted. In any case, this next post will give people more of a general sense of the lands to the north-east and north of Cyndar.))

"That'll be 2500 Legens"

Mikkael gave the shopkeeper the money and traded out his simple bag for a sturdy backpack.

"That should increase your carrying capacity. You can get three more potential upgrades." The man said with a smile.

With a nod, Mikkael thanked the man and set out for the stables just outside Cyndar.

"Hail, Meridian, you need a ride?" The carriage driver asked. Mikkael looked at the travel fees.

"I'd like a ride up to the Sunshriek Cliffs."

"Alrighty, pay up and hop in back." The driver said. Passing the 1000 Legens to the driver, Mikkael stepped in and took a seat. After a few other passengers stepped in, they set out.

Moving east, Mikkael got a good look at the surrounding area of Cyndar. Mostly forests and plains, and moving north, this trend continued. Still, it was a sight to behold. He never saw plains that weren't littered with the skeletal remains of people before coming to the mainland, or waters that had not a drop of blood polluting them. Indeed, he could enjoy these lands, especially the peace. It was nothing like New Meridia, where warriors were constantly on the edge, afraid that an attack was imminent. Instead, the city of Cyndar and the surrounding lands were simply conducting what seemed like business as usual.

Mikkael dozed off for some time as the carriage continued ever onward to the north-east. He woke up noticing something that appeared to be a mansion off in the distance, although they began moving away from it when he finally took notice. Once more the feeling of familiarity struck him, and gave him a slight pain in his right arm. As it disappeared over the horizon, though, the pain subsided and snow began to slowly drift down from the skies. The plains turned to snowfields as a complex appeared before them as they traveled up a series of cliffs. They were finally at his destination.

Mikkael got off the carriage with everyone else as the driver set off back to Cyndar. Looking at his map once more, he would have to travel west now, and cross the great bridge built long before his time. When he arrived there he was able to get a good look at the sea, and could see both Vex Vinas and Vel Da Ir. It was truly a marvel to behold. Yet he could not remain there gazing at his surroundings. He had a quest to perform. Thus, Mikkael continued moving west...

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:37 am
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Traveling along the northern part was indeed a lot more difficult for Mikkael. It was colder, and if not for the roads, he'd be facing some rather difficult cliffs. Perhaps there was a reason that the carriages didn't take him right to Selk, or Oasis Canyon after all. Still, he got a chance to actually fight some spiders. They were fairly easy, and the encounter left him with minimal wounds. From the three he faced, he gathered one antidote and placed it in his inventory. He didn't take any detours whatsoever, he merely pressed on and finally made it to the bridge that would lead him into Selk.

It was said that during its discovery, Selk was a land of treasure, with many artifacts and mountains of gold buried under the sand. The original home of the Reptal and thus where the dragons were originally born. However, it is also called a cursed land based on many theories, and the presence of the dark queen's corpse. Still, it was all the better for Mikkael as a result. He stepped onto the island and went along the road until he found the opening to the dungeon he had come all this way for.

Oasis Canyon truly was a beautiful place as the quest described. If it weren't for the emerging monsters, Mikkael would have stopped entirely to merely look at the surroundings. He avoided them for now and took it upon himself to gather, although all he found was iron. Still, it was a good three stacks.

The first few enemies he fought were two snakes, which he took out through a single bash and a few regular attacks. The same thing occurred for the three scorpions. He also got into one fight with a bandit underling.

The last four enemies he fought were new to him. They were morpho, but red. He decided to simply handle them with his pickaxe and found that they were lava instead of water. Realizing this would be a problem, Mikkael decided to simply take on the Great Morpho here the same way he did his first Great Morpho. He was down on will, but he had at the very least finished the quest and earned a decent profit.

Will: 40
Legens: 1735
Loot: Antidote x3, Leather x1

Walking back, Mikkael decided to follow the road south and rest in Selk. It was a long walk, and he found that his chain mantle would soon no longer be enough to withstand the treacherous lands. Thus, he made haste on his way to Selk. It took a few hours, but he finally made it.

Link

Stepping into the equipment shop, he gave the owner all his iron for some extra coin. He then looked at the armor placed around and decided on a breastplate, selling his chain mantle in the process. He also purchased a guard's hood just so that he had a little extra defense in case the breastplate didn't fully cut it. He also turned in his completed dungeon quest and got a bite to eat. He noticed more reptal nekor, and lightly armored figures were more prevalent than in Cyndar. Cyndar seemed more diverse, and there seemed to be no lean towards scholars, scouts, or soldiers. He realized the truth fairly quickly looking at the tattoos of some of the people and even the bartender. Selk was a town of thieves. He even thought that upon entering the town that the guards were sizing him up. He nearly jumped when a male nekor spoke to him.

"Pardon me, sir Meridian, myow...~" The man dressed in a robe with crosses decorating it stated. Was this an acolyte?

"We rarely see adventurers in Selk dressed as finely as yourself y'knyow... Perhaps you'd like to make a donation?" The man suggested. Mikkael didn't say anything but noticed out of the corner of his eye a table of similarly dressed folk looking his way. This was clearly a scam.

"Well, you see, I'm not exactly sure-" Mikkael began to speak, but the Nekor continued.

"It's fine, a small donation of... Let's say... Twenty thousand legens shound be fine, nyes?"

"Tw-TWENTY TH- No!" Mikkael stood up. "This is clearly a scam and you know it!"

"Nyow nyow..." The priest backed up slightly, "You shouldn't raise your voice... I don't like it when people do that." The six other priests at the table stood up and surrounded Mikkael, each of them drawing a dagger.

"What'll it be? Won't you support the people of Selk?" One of the male reptal requested.

Seven against one wasn't exactly the best odds. Sure, he was healed, and he had it in him to fight, but there would be no way that he could take out seven enemies at once. Perhaps he could barter with them? He did have gold on hand and a small portion of legens. While it would not equate to twenty thousand, he could still technically barter, giving each of them one piece and the leader a larger portion of legens. Maybe he could at least take out the leader and scare the others off...

No. It was impossible. He'd have to turn something over.

"Wait! I can't just give up!" A voice in his head resonated. "I can perhaps pull the same thing on them!"

It was a small chance, an incredibly small chance, maybe a 1/10 chance for each, but perhaps he could give them all some less valuable materials, claiming them to be greater than they really are. It was the only chance he had.

"W-Well, okay... You got me fellas." Mikkael smiled as best he could. "I myself don't have that kind of money, but I do have goods... Goods that are worth far more than that. Perhaps you'd be willing to trade?"

"Oh? Tell us then, merchant, what do you have?" One of the bandits inquired.

"Ah, let me just open my bag and present the goods then. Just a moment.~" Mikkael opened his bag and tried to think up a good story. "See, over at my home, you can find fantastic goods, and wonders beyond your imagination! You've probably heard that Meridian smiths are the best in the world, yes?"

"Nyes, I have heard of such."

"Well," Mikkael presented one piece of regular iron to the first. "This here, is genuine Meridian Iron. It is treated at a very high temperature to create a much stronger material than normal. This sort of stuff you can't get in Cyndar or anywhere unless the smith somehow knows the technique. By the name of oblivion, I don't even know the technique! However, one of you can have this piece of exquisite material!"

Each of them look at it.
ROLL: 1 - 9 - 1 - 4 - 8 - 9 - 9
"Nyah, not interested bud."

Mikkael's face went blank for a second, but he put his smile back on.

"Alrighty, not for everyone. But maybe this next piece will be better." Mikkael pulled out a regular small potion next. "See, most people would think this a Small Potion. In actuality, I was given this potion by an alchemist with some incredible powers. Even beyond what the best can create! A drop can not only heal you completely, but improve your looks as well!"

The bandits looked at him angrily.

"Ah... Not that any of you need it...! Y-Yet think how much another person would want it!"

Each of them look at it.
ROLL: 9 - 8 - 3 - 8 - 4 - 10 - 3
One of the bandits reach out for it. "Hmm, y'know what, I think I'll take it. Let me try it first." He drinks but a single portion.

"Hmm, I do feel healthier... But do I look any better?"

Mikkael quickly responded, "It takes three weeks to improve your looks is the only catch. For best effects... Wash yourself regularly and put on your best look! It'll make you shine above the rest!"

"Alrighty then." He says, backing off.

"Phew, okay! One down..."

Mikkael searches through his bag for another item. He pulls out an antidote.

"What's that?" One of the bandits asks. "Is that an antidote? Be real!"

"Ah, so it seems... However, this is no ordinary antidote! This is the Supreme Panacea! The same alchemist gave me a small portion of it and said that it has the effects of eternal youth."

Each of them look at it.
ROLL: 8 - 8 - 1 - 5 - 5 - 1
"Looks like a regular antidote to me, I'll pass."

Mikkael next pulled out a piece of charred wood. "Recall my mention of the Meridian Iron. They say that this special Charred Meridian Ironwood found deep in the trenches of my town is used to make it. It can also be used to make finer steel!~"

Each of them look at it.
ROLL: 6 - 10 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 1

"Hmmm, yes, I'll take that." One bandit says. "Let's never have any encounters again."

"Yes, please. If we do I'm afraid my guts will be ripped out." Mikkael thought to himself.

"Now, hear me out on this piece of leather. You may think it's normal. However, this is what you'd call Ludroth Leather. It's more absorbent of water attacks, and will apply such effects when used in crafting armor. What do ya say?"

Each of them look at it.
ROLL: 3 - 9 - 7 - 5 - 4

"Remind us why we're not simply splitting your guts open, myow?"

"I-I have more to offer!"

Mikkael hastily pulled out a shiny leaf. "I have these leaves. They are special in that they can be used in fine cuisine to add a minty freshness to the breath of those who consume them."

Each of them look at it.
ROLL: 10 - 4 - 10 - 1 - 8
Two bandits took interest. "Hey, that would be perfect for my cooking!"

"No no, give it to me! I must see how well this works."

"I have two, so it should work out... Right?" Mikkael smiles weakly.

Both bandits look at each other and nod.

"Perfect.~" Mikkael happily says, handing the items over.

Now down to three, he pulls out a crystal of life. "See this crystal? It's a special gem found deep in the caves under New Meridia. It's the perfect object to give to your sweetheart."

Each of them look at it.
ROLL: 6 - 10 - 8
One bandit snatches it and without so much of a thanks, runs off with it.

"Good. I'm down to two. I can take em' both on... However, let's keep trying..."

Mikkael pulls out a piece of gold. "This gold is Meridian Gold. Like Meridian Iron, it is much stronger and can create golden swords without needing mixing with a hundred other metals."

Both of them look at it.
ROLL: 7 - 2
"Nah, we're not into flashy weapons."

Mikkael looked into his bag and took out his last item, the gladius he made earlier.

"See this sword? It's made out of Meridian Iron. It's a special sword which can cut flesh like parchment. Should prove useful to folks like you, yes?"

Both of them look at it.
ROLL: 3 - 6
"Nope, not interested, looks like a regular sword to me."

Mikkael placed it back in his bag. He had two bandits in front of him, ready to beat him up for all of the items in his possession. He was screwed and he knew it, though it would still be a fairly even match.

"Well pal, looks like you have little to barter. How many legens will you offer me to spare your life, myow?"

Mikkael began to sweat, but a smile came across his face. He began to actually laugh. He laughed right in the face of the Nekor.

"W-What's so funny!?"

"Y-Y'know what... Eheheh... ALL THOSE ITEMS WERE FAKE. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

"WHAT!?" The nekor became extremely pissed.

"Y-Yeah... And... Hah... I'M GONNA KILL BOTH OF YOU NOW!"

"Yeah fucking ri-!" The nekor shouted but was cut off by the sound of one of the bandits Mikkael had "bartered" with earlier being thrown through the tavern window and his skull breaking on the bricks. The one who took the crystal of life ran in to try and warn his boss but was impaled by what seemed like a set of katar weapons. The wielder pulled their blades out and pointed them at the Nekor.

"Damn... It's the Assassin's Guild... LISTEN UP MERIDIAN, I'LL HAVE YOU KILLED! For now though... Farewell! Take care of him!" The Nekor jumped through the window and the assassin gave chase. Mikkael pulled out his rapier and shield, ready to fight the remaining bandit.

Link

BANDIT WANTS TO FIGHT!
Condition: NO RUNNING!

Bandit is average speed, Mikkael is fast speed! Mikkael attacks first!
Mikkael, with a smile, charges his blade right into the bandit and simultaneously kicks him in the chin! (BASH)
Damage: 2(85.75 * 2) = 171.5 * 2 = 343 Damage!
The Bandit shrinks back but grins.

Mikkael Life: 1600
Mikkael Will: 135
Bandit Life: 507
Bandit Will: 45 ((It has bash but no will. lolwut? This is a fix.))

The bandit charges up and deals a heavy kick to the head! (BASH)
2(55*2) - 57.5 = (110 *2) - 57.5 = 220 - 57.5 = 163 Damage!
Mikkael is wounded but his new helmet seems to do the trick!

Mikkael Life: 1437
Bandit Life: 507
Bandit Will: 30

Mikkael attacks his opponent once again! The attacks are quick as he maneuvers around the overturned tables. The bandit takes 172 damage! He even severs an artery and the bandit begins bleeding!

Mikkael Life: 1437
Bandit Life: 335 [BLEED]

The bandit attacks Mikkael with wild abandon!
Damage = 110 - 57.5 = 53 Damage!
Mikkael only suffers minor wounds.
The bandit takes 100 damage from blood loss!

Mikkael Life: 1384
Bandit Life: 235 [BLEED]

Mikkael swaps out his weapons for his pickaxe! He uses all his strength and hurls the pickaxe into his opponent's head! (BASH)
The blood is splattering everywhere as he rips the weapon out! Mikkael is victorious!
Legens: 200
Loot: Cloth x1, Iron x1

Putting his weapons away and stepping outside, Mikkael noticed the assassin from earlier pull their weapon out from one of the multiple corpses laying in the streets. The assassin turned to look at Mikkael as he tensed up. The assassin tilted their head and brushed their long hair back behind them.

"A-Ah, hey. Thanks for earlier! I was being extorted by those guys..." Mikkael said as he was approached by the brown-haired katar wielder. The assassin pulled their hood back.

Link

"No problem!~" The girl exclaimed with a smile, getting close to Mikkael's face.

"W-Woah...She's a cutie for a human..." It was the only thing Mikkael thought while seeing this girl in front of him. He nearly missed what she was asking.

"What's yer name, fishy?~"

"A-Ah... M-Mikkael. Mikkael Altans." He was totally blowing it. She didn't seem to mind though.

"I seeeeeee~ I'm Feli- I mean... You can call me Shade, fishy.~" She responded in an incredibly bright smile.

Mikkael only stood there, and uttered, "Um, so... Why the closeness?"

"Hm? Oh. Woops.~" She backed up a bit from Mikkael. "Sorry fishy.~ It's a habit."

"Like calling me fishy?"

"Hmmm~ maybe. I call all of you that, though."

"Aha... Well, I suppose it's no big deal." He scratched the back of his head. "So... You killed all these guys?"

"Yep!" She responded, not breaking her mood. "It's my job. We assassins are kind of the guards of this town.~ I dunno why those pirates were standing guard when I got back from hunting some overly-active rogues, so they were the first targets.~" She pointed behind her with her thumb at the corpses of the two guards who sized Mikkael up earlier, their spines still attached to their heads which seemed to simply have been pulled off. Mikkael turned pale at the sight.

"I-I see."

"YEP!~ Then I saw all these pirate guys walking out of the tavern with items and figured they were extorting as usual, so I ripped out their vocal cords, ate them, and sliced open their stomachs while shoving shards of glass down their throats.~" Shade described, still not breaking her smile. Mikkael only became more and more pale.

"R-Right... Well, again, thanks Miss Shade..."

"Oh.~ No Miss. I'm not married. Just Shade.~"

Another voice spoke up. "Indeed, it's code for us assassins." Mikkael looked behind Shade at another assassin standing behind her. "Greetings Meridian, my name is Scorpio, I'm head of the Assassin's Guild. I see you've already met my daughter. Tell me what happened."
Mikkael went into detail about his travels to Oasis Canyon, his arrival in Selk, and how he was extorted by the nekor, including his own scamming in order to get them off his case, and ending with him meeting Shade.

"I see. Yes, this will all be taken care of, no need to worry." Scorpio assured Mikkael, "However, Shade, you must remember, we want to capture these people alive."

"But father~ we're assassins! We~ kill~ things!~"

Scorpio sighed, "Even so, you must display a certain level a discipline. I mean, now we have to clean everything up... Again." Shade looked up to her father with a downcast look. He simply sighed once more.

"I suppose it's alright though... Just handle things more appropriately next time."

"Okay, thanks daddy.~" She responded, once again in her usual tone.

"Mikkael, can I treat you to a drink in our personal tavern? I'll make an exception for you." Scorpio offered. Mikkael was uncertain until Shade turned to him.

"Yeah, yeah!~ You must, Mikkael.~" She pleaded happily while grabbing his hand.

"O-Okay."

He was then lead to the Assassin's Guild by the happy assassin girl and her father.

"So, you're a soldier, what do you want to be when you get stronger?" Scorpio asked.

"I... Really haven't thought of it."

"Welllllll~ what do you believe in?~"

"Huh? Believe in?"

"Class changing isn't just about becoming stronger, the class you become shows what you believe in." Scorpio explained. "For instance, a dark knight is often one who follows a hedonistic mindset. The samurai believe that nobility obliges, and it is their duty as nobles to act nobly. Same with knights and the art of chivalry."

"Well, I'm still not sure..." Mikkael answered, taking another drink... Until Shade gave him a powerful slap on the back.

"Ah well.~ You'll figure it out! Just like me!~"

"Just like you, huh?" Mikkael responded with a grim smile.

"Mhm.~ There's nothing wrong with not knowing what to do. Just follow what you think is right and your heart will shape who you are.~"
Mikkael listened and then smiled with a nod.

Was this the beginning of a new partnership?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
((Looking over what quests I should take up this time around. I'm pretty much deciding on easy ones so that I can hit Mikkael's next class quicker. I may do class balancing in terms of what can be equipped as well as add another skill, but with that said, I've introduced characters for two parts of the first story. Shade and Gawayne are both arena champions and Scorpio plus the previously mentioned Nekor are for the Scepter of Selk quest. I decided to cut out all the calculations and rolls from this one, but the boss of BI-F1 is a pain in the ass at the moment to say the least...))

With some new quests decided on, Mikkael left Selk to pursue new frontiers. He had enough supplies still, but the likelihood of meeting friendly faces on his travels was hindered greatly. He decided on the following quests...

1. IRON MINING
    2. LIZARD OUTBREAK
    3. BANDIT UNDERLING HUNT
    4. ROGUE BANDIT BOSS
    5. RAIDING THE BANDIT ISLES

In order for everything to work, he'd have to do things in a specific order. He would start around Selk by dealing with the lizard outbreak. Then, he would go through the Bandit Isles for three of four quests. Finally, he'd take a swim to Vel Da Ir and deal with the fourth quest on the list. A simple enough task list.

The first quest was over and done with in a matter of moments. The people of Selk were happy to see that while Mikkael not only offered the pelts of the lizards to the people, he turned down the monetary reward simply because there was far too much in terms of expenses from the earlier brawl. The only thing Mikkael kept was the loot from the ten he had slain.

LOOT:
Leather x5
Infernal Leather x3
Horn x4

1. IRON MINING
    2. LIZARD OUTBREAK
    3. BANDIT UNDERLING HUNT
    4. ROGUE BANDIT BOSS

The next portion required an ample degree of finesse. Mikkael decided to infiltrate the Bandit Isles by water and mine the underwater resources. In it, he found 60 pieces of iron, which would do good in his return to Cyndar, or anywhere with a blacksmith. While it did weigh him down a little, he would be able to take greater care in his sneaking and target only Bandit Underlings using his rapier, fighting two at a time for five encounters. The fact that the forestry was so dense worked to his favour, and he was off to fight the last set of enemies in no time.

OVERALL LOOT:
4900 Legens
Leather x1
Cloth x1

Passing the Frenga Farms and simply taking a detour through the water, Mikkael returned to Cyndar and finished three quests at once. Only one would be left once he was finished his rest at the tavern. A well deserved rest considering the fact that he was covered in the marks of battle.

1. IRON MINING
    2. LIZARD OUTBREAK
    3. BANDIT UNDERLING HUNT
    4. ROGUE BANDIT BOSS

Deciding to stay for the rest of the day, he booked a room above and set his things inside. He counted out his small fortune. He had about half the required amount to buy a small house within the various towns, he figured. Then he began to actually consider such. Yet he found Cyndar to be too large, too busy. Perhaps Vel Da Ir? He had yet to see it, but he figured that it would be the best bet due to the isolation yet "openness". It was definitely not as isolated as Vex Vinas apparently.

Link

Looking into the mirror in his room, he finally began to sit down and think about the various signs of familiarity he had faced so far. The familiar nature of the woman, the weird dream he had, the strange feeling he got from gazing at the mansion to the north-east... He only saw an incoherent puzzle. It was as if he had experienced these places before, but... Not now.

"Just what is it?"

He continued to stare into the mirror, hoping for some form of answer, but all that happened was his head feeling weary and ready to fall asleep. Before doing so, he requested some medical aid and some food. After locking the door, Mikkael slowly drifted off to sleep in the bed, without so much of a care as to the time...

"It was wrong to kill them." The familiar knight told Mikkael.

"He had no choice. He would have been killed otherwise. Or worse." Another voice spoke, this one belonging to an odd human with pointed ears in a black robe and white tunic. A sage? "If not for the ingenuity, he did save most of their lives... If only for a brief while."
"Still, he's not ready yet." The knight talked back.

"He'll be fine, let him explore opportunity. Remember, this isn't like last time. He has nothing to lose."

The knight looked down at the sage's statement. "If only his mother and father kept him in... He would probably have a better worldview and more of a personality."

"That's only speculation."

"But it could be the case."

The sage looked towards Mikkael, "He's alright though, he'll figure things out."

"Are you certain?"

"No," The sage scratched his head, "yet there's nothing concerning me and I think he'll be okay. If he wants, in the end, he can always accept Umbraria and return to nothing."

With a nod from the knight, everything went black and Mikkael entered a more peaceful slumber.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:44 am
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
The forest ended up being more of an old friend to Yemhelch as he traversed it at a greatly reduced speed. Quietly, soundlessly creeping by grazing deer, sidestepping a few badly-hidden bandits - he moved at a cautious pace.

He had his fun with them, once starting a comical fistfight by cleverly throwing some bark resin at the biggest lout, and watching the chain reaction of brawling eventually attract the attention of a patrol. But on the other hand, it had been peaceful. This time, he had practiced avoiding the patrols as well, playfully living out a fantasy or another.

It had taken him 6 days - his rations were out and his waterskins were on its last when the forest finally cleared out and he found himself walking into a vast plain. The morning dew had provided a means to barely slake his thirst and the bounty of nature had sustained him through his long trip. The dried meat jerky was a bygone memory - now replaced with succulent fruits, berries and the occasional arboreal rodent.

Wrapping his tattered cloak closer to himself, he quickly walked back to the path so as not to appear as a skulking thief, he stepped out into the plain. It was pretty vast - and from the distant mountains southeast, he saw the telltale column of smoke rising from beyond the peaks - a mine, perhaps? From the animal-skin maps he saw back on Frenga, there were no forests or volcanoes there.

To the south, a crossed path led to the horizon, slightly tinted thicker. Water vapor - perhaps a lake? Or perhaps an ocean? And at last, to the north, was a splendid wall. Well maintained, with nary a crack, vine or weakness showing. Here and there, pennants flew the red and gold standard of Cyndar, the winds giving form and movement to the white pegasus.

The guards seemed tense here. Was there an attack? Perhaps an invasion by another country? As he walked to the grand gates, a crowd of humans wearing leather-plate armor stood in his way.

"Halt, you." their leader shouts. "Stand and identify yourself!"

"Huh, you bandits seem to be in the wrong area. Did you realize that you're right in the gate of Cyndar?"

"BANDIT?"

At this, several of the men draw their swords.

"There's been a rash of crime, done by you strange ne'er-do-wells, you foreigners coming in from dragon land or those pirates!" the large man replies angrily as he points an accusing finger at Yemhelch's face. "We, the Cyndar Militia, will not let our glorious city be stained by dishonorable foreign scum like you! Now yield and you'll be taken to a court of law for judgement!"

"Strange bunch of bandits you are." Yemhelch smirks.

One of the men in armor, lets loose a war-cry and charges, sword drawn!. Yemhelch, not quite ready for a fight, simply sidesteps and lets inertia finish the job. With a loud clatter, the man falls, unable to defeat the momentum of his own armor. Before the group can react, Yemhelch quickly leaps over the downed man and runs to the gate's side gantry and leaps in, giving a gate guard quite a shock.

The militia gives chase, but the gantry gives way to the residential backalleys. The narrow, winding passageways serve as a natural forest of buildings, refuse, old plots and gardens which end up with his pursuers quickly losing his trail.

Escaped successfully!

"... I guess I need a change of clothes." he mumbles to himself.

4 pcs.

Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:45 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
((This is a post from a different perspective in order to give people ideas on where to go in Jungalore. Yeah, I know, it's shorter than my usual, but I just want to see a few more posts before I let Mikkael get up from his little nap. That said, I think I'll have the final major V1 update done soon. We shouldn't need any further updates besides minor ones. We may have one more, but that depends on if books get released and if we have anyone clearing the second floor of Oasis Canyon. Which is more than likely.))

As Mikkael lay in his bed, things were happening in Cyndar. One such event startling the majority of townsfolk going about their day. A wooden carriage came in, being transported by an army of no less than twenty soldiers. Upon it sat a steel cage, with a rampaging creature, with skin like stone and glaring red eyes, its long pointed ears drooping with twisted horns above either. No one had identified such a creature before on the mainland, but the soldiers decided it would be best to capture such a specimen to see what the other guards would consider the appropriate action.

--------------------

Meanwhile, over in the slums of Cyndar, a girl with golden hair and eyes falls to the ground from a punch to the face. Cornered, she gazes up at the general who looks down at her with scorn.

"W-Why can't you believe my words..." The girl asks with a cough. The captain kicks her in the gut and spits on her broken and beaten body.

"Girl, the Altena bloodline is dead, what you are doing is committing a crime by claiming you're of royal blood. No rat like you could ever be of royalty!"

The girl shudders in pain and merely wimpers, saying, "But it's true... I-I am rela-"

"Shut UP!" The guard captain shouts, pulling out a knife and slicing out her tongue. She echoes a cry of agony as her blood paints the ground beneath her.

"Take her to the prison, let her never see the light of this world ever again."

--------------------

Shadows lurk around every corner of Jungalore. The two suns shining above, one red, one blue, symbols of light and darkness, bring to Jungalore a vibrant landscape none can truly describe. Yet the shadows are still there, and deep within a forbidden and forgotten realm lurks the Goddess of Darkness and Shadows. Umbraria.

"It seems the time has finally come. Soon my child shall hatch within the world, and my order will be established as it should have." Her shadowy hands caress a crystalline orb, within it being a projection of the world she yearns to control. Her glowing red eyes look up to the blood red skies with black clouds rolling about her castle.

"Should I fail... My other children shall grant my desire."

Her gaze turns to the lands below. Giants walk the shadow realm, each with large weapons in either hand. One sounds a war horn, as they take on the invading forces of light beings... Angels.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
((Just a notification that I made an oops and forgot to include Rem in the credits for classes. I've corrected this. I also finally put down the normal speed for bare hands. To quote, "For bare-handed attacks, the speed is set to fast by default. However, later on Monk characters will be able to utilize bare-handed combat better."

Also, at this time I'm also taking in suggestions for anime crossovers. In the second iteration, one that we had was Soul Eater. If enough people suggest a particular anime, I'll try to work it into the RP. For Soul Eater, we'd have characters who could forfeit their class to become weapons, with their own means of combat. They would evolve as weapons with every kishin egg consumed, and upon devouring a witch's soul, they'd become a death weapon on par with a legendary. Meister characters, who wield these characters, also gain quests for taking them out to gather kishin eggs, and you could potentially get all 100 quests this way.

Just an idea, and again, it can be any anime. If there's nothing I can play with or work in it's just not going in. If it's just one small aspect like a single skill I can add it as just that, but it's not getting a whole crossover. However, I am open to major content, as I said, so feel free to PM me or put it in an OOC post.))

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:02 am
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Mikkael awakened at a knock at the door.

"Delivery service!~" A voice rang out from the other end. He never remembered ordering anything.

"What's the delivery?" Mikkael asked, on guard.

"Why, it's Yuleday of course! The day celebrating the season of giving!"

Mikkael lowered his guard with a sigh and opened the door. The delivery girl presented him with a parcel before running off shouting "Happy Yuleday!"

Opening the packaging, he found a coupon for one free house component. Smiling, he slipped it into his bag. It was about time for him to go ahead and head for Vel Da Ir. The swim would be quite difficult, but nonetheless, he knew that being fully prepared he wouldn't need to worry much. Without wasting any more time, he waltzed out of the tower ready to take on his next quest.

((Short, but wanted to get the Christmas Gift in the RP. :>))

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
There had been rumors floating around for a while that the Magus Guild was to be drafted to the Cyndarian Army in response to the increased rumors of magical beasts appearing from the West. Natsuki was one of the scholars drafted into what would very well be described as 'magical hound dogs' - those with heightened magical sense talents.

They had started with the best, of course - but as the rumors became ever-more warped; twisted yarns of bloodthirsty serpent-men willing to kill for sport, of beasts that defied the mind, of fell wraiths who moved as silently as a creeping shadow, the more demands were placed. Now, with rumors of dragons of old rising from the East, Natsuki - a student scholar - was also drafted into a newly-formed Mage-Knight militia to serve as an investigator - to sense into the magical realms where those untrained were blind to.

She wasn't quite ready for all-out magic combat, but she had been chosen for her exceptional insight into the workings of magical beings and her skill in sensing magic energies.

So now she sat in the Cyndar Magus Guildhall, along with several of her magekind;- the latest incident was that one of the 'shadow wraiths' had broken into the City of Cyndar. As she listened to the Speaker as he detailed the situation, it became clear that the witnesses were very, VERY confused. She should be researching her magnus opum "The Art and Craft of Skysoaring" - not scratching around in the filthy alleyways of mundanes, looking for imaginary creatures!

Right then and there, she picked up the words "This will be considered a sanctioned Quest - and you will be rewarded for your trouble."

"Insult to injury, eh?" she mumbled to herself. "Traveling into the Divinity Peaks with a full exploration Group's a Quest. Not picking around in the garbage areas to sate the drunken ravings of mundanes!"

Giving a small sigh as she resigned to a long day of work, she settled back and tuned the drone out.

With the explanations and introductions over, Natsuki walked over to her assigned squad. To her delight, she noted that the knights gave her a wide berth - nodding seriously as she covered her head with the hood, she followed the squad to the City Gates - the hunt for the alleged "ghost man" was on.

------------------------------
Character info:
Details
----------
Name: Natsuki
Titles: Student Questiar
Race: Human
Tattoos: None
Scars: None
Class: Scholar
Alignment: Neutral
Order: Lawful Good
Associations: Cyndar Magus Guild (Student)
Quests Completed: 0/100

Appearance
----------
Weight: [She'd rather not say.]
Height: 5ft 9inches
Muscle: Untrained.
Hair: Light, soft blue.
Eyes: Green
Skin: Fair
Special: She has a series of small magical burns on her left arm caused by an accident during her early training. They're healing well.
Current Clothing: Magus Guild Student Robes and Hood. Medicated bandages covering burn marks. Wears a cloth belt and pouch. Wooden rod with Chargestone and Foci.

Equipment
----------
Life: 200 (+50 Per Quest)
Will: 150 (+50 Per Quest)
Attack: 6/5 (+.25 Per Quest)
Defense: 8/8 (+.25 Per Quest)
M. Attack: 26/20 (+.5 Per Quest)
M. Defense: 12/12 (+.5 Per Quest)
Speed: Average/Fast
Statuses: None
Elements: Fire, Air/None
Weaknesses: None
Resistances: None
Enchant Effects: None

Head: None
Body: Shawl
Arm: None
R Hand: Rod
L Hand: None
Off R Hand: None
Off L Hand: None

Inventory
----------
Bag Level: 1
Legens: 1000
GCs: 0
2/10
-3/10 Small Potion
-2 Foci

Skills
----------
-Adaptability: Human only. Gain 25% elemental resistance based on the current dungeon.
-Campfire (60): Set up camp and heal all life. Uses three wood. If Fire is known, use 40 will and one wood. Cannot be used in combat.
-Airshot (Air, 15, Fast): A sharp burst of pressurized air.
-Fire (15, Fast)
-Water (15, Fast)
-Earth (15, Fast)

Job Skills
----------
Current Points: 0
Allocated Points: 0
Points From Levels: 0
Points From Items: 0
Total Points: 0

House
----------
Stories: TBD
Cellar: No.
Components: Bed, bookshelf, table, chair.
Limit: 0/0

Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:21 pm
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
((ALRIGHTY! After a long time and seeing to a couple things, I'm making another post. Unfortunately it seems the place I usually get my MP3s from isn't working. Not sure if it's just my end or what, but I'll make do.

That said, you'll notice that when I did the math I didn't use the regular formula of 2atk - def for lack of specific calculations, but just atk - def instead. This is because I used this to trial the old system for a moment to determine whether I should keep the new damage formulas or not. By the looks of it, we'll be keeping the new ones because battles do in fact drag on longer otherwise. If anyone else wants to try it out for a post, feel free, but we're still going to use the regular formula of (2 * a.atk) - b.defense = damage to determine things.))

Mikkael opened his eyes, wiping away the sleep and letting out a yawn. He took no time waiting and got his items together before setting off. Considering the potential dangers, he bought three First Aid Kits. He also noted the presence of a new organization in Cyndar, the Magus Guild.

"Huh, but I thought mages generally stuck around Vex Vinas... What brings them here?" He thought to himself. He simply grinned and turned towards the front gate. He pulled his visor down and set out for Vel Da Ir, quest in hand.

The journey would be short and simple. He simply made his way out of the city and headed north through the forest. Not bothering with petty fights, he simply made a quick dash for the coastline. It would take some time, but eventually, upon reaching it, he took a dive into the waters and continued his course northward, eventually heading down the river and arriving in the gambling city.

Link

The city itself is divided into three sections. The first of which being a residential section. It boasts a very ornate feel, and the housing seems to come with a fair amount of farmland, but not with the traditional crops seen at the Frenga Farms such as corn and wheat, but instead rice and even orange trees. Every house in the area is fairly large, and if it doesn't have a farm of small or large size, it has a hot spring, likely heated by the magma flow inside the Velian mountain range.

The second section is what many would consider the upper class area. This is where the samurai, monks, and ninjas train. It mainly consists of temples up on the mountain slopes, but one could also make out similar housing to that of the common folk below. Guardsmen do their rounds up and down the steps, probably to ensure that the three temples are kept safe.

Mikkael, however, was headed for the third area, a sort of red light district. This area was opened to all who happen to have money on their person, as many stands were set out for people to buy all sorts of goods. Perhaps it is true then that there is a festival for every day of the year in Vel Da Ir. Beyond the stands was what gives the area its reputation though. Various night clubs, taverns, and the Velian Casino. One could easily pick out an escort outside any of these buildings, and thieves could pick out the people with the most money on hand after a gambling session. This would make Mikkael's job easier. He need only to spot a Bandit Boss and hopefully take him in alive.

Mikkael searched the outside, but was only propositioned by a couple people. He picked out a caramel apple from one of the stands, paying the Nekor a small amount of Legens, and ate at it as he watched the various people go in and out from the taverns and the casino. Double checking the paper for reference, he still noticed nothing out of the ordinary. No lowly thieves or even the people who acted like big shot mob members were making a move. He reasoned for a moment that perhaps it was his presence, but then noted it to not likely be the case, as there were no other guards to back him up in the area. Perhaps though, he was considering things from the wrong angle. So he started looking at the people who were dressed well and seemed to mean no harm. Yet as he did so, he suddenly began to feel relaxed. Very relaxed. That was when he noticed the shopkeeper who sold him the apple had been looking his way for some time. Then it him him. He had his bandit boss. Strengthening his resolve and trying not to wobble, he made his way to the river again, drinking deeply. Yet the sensation didn't wear off. So he forced himself to vomit the toxins up, throwing the apple to the side. Afterwards, he ran to the stand, pushed the customer off to the side and tore off the fake nekor ears and facial hair the bandit boss was wearing, pointing his rapier at the bandit's throat.

"Found you."

The people around took steps back and began making wagers as to who would win. Others shouted that a fight was beginning, gathering more people. It would only be a matter of time before the samurai and ninjas would take notice. Indeed, Mikkael had an upper hand here.

Link

"First of all, let me congratulate you in your deduction. However, let me point out that the sleep toxins are still in your body, Meridian. In five minutes, you'll be in one of my cages."

"Five minutes is plenty of time." Mikkael grinned, pulling out his pickaxe.

BANDIT BOSS
Life: 2500
Will: 300
Slow Speed

MIKKAEL
Life: 2100
Will: 200
Slow Speed

Mikkael gets the first attack!
"I only need to break into your defenses!" Mikkael twirls his pickaxe in his hand and breaks through the under armor of the bandit boss! [Bash]
Mikkael deals 216 damage!

BANDIT BOSS
Life: 2284
Will: 300

MIKKAEL
Life: 2100
Will: 185

"Hmph, fool." The Bandit Boss grins and jams a knife in the cracks in Mikkael's Armor! He slices open a major artery! [Critical Hit]
210 - 52 = 158

BANDIT BOSS
Life: 2284
Will: 275

MIKKAEL
{AMP}
Life: 1942

"Guh... Damn..." Mikkael pulled out some of the bandages from the first aid kit and quickly wrapped himself up. "I had JUST bought these... You think you could be a bit more patient!?"

Mikkael launches an attack! It deals 108 damage!

BANDIT BOSS
Life: 2176
Will: 275

MIKKAEL
Life: 1942

Bandit Boss laughs and retaliates with a bash!
140 - 52 = 88

BANDIT BOSS
Life: 2176
Will: 260

MIKKAEL
Life: 1854

Switching from Pickaxe to Rapier and Shield, Mikkael bashes the Bandit Boss! (174 Damage)

BANDIT BOSS
Life: 2002
Will: 260
Slow Speed

MIKKAEL
Life: 1854
Will: 170
Fast Speed

The Bandit Boss takes aim and attempts to attack through Mikkael's defense with Poison! The poison seeps into the wound and takes effect!

BANDIT BOSS
Will: 240

MIKKAEL
{PSN}
Life: 1844

Mikkael quickly downs an antidote and sets up to block. The Bandit Boss attempts to Critical Hit, but is blocked!
210 - (60 * 4) = -30
NO DAMAGE!
STATUSES BLOCKED!

BANDIT BOSS
Will: 215

MIKKAEL

Mikkael spins and deals a shield bash to the head of the Bandit Boss! The hit connects!

BANDIT BOSS
Life: 1828
Will: 215

MIKKAEL
Will: 155

The Bandit Boss bashes right back!

BANDIT BOSS
Will: 200

MIKKAEL
Life: 1764

Mikkael sets up to block once again! Bandit Boss uses Multi Attack! It hits three times but deals no damage!

BANDIT BOSS
Will: 165

MIKKAEL

Mikkael attempts to stun the Bandit Boss by shield bashing once more! The shield bash succeeds, Bandit Boss is stunned!

BANDIT BOSS
{STN}
Life: 1654
Will: 165

MIKKAEL
Will: 140

Mikkael deliberates for a moment and then decides to attack with his pickaxe, and enter a block stance once again on the next turn with his regular weapons! Bandit Boss, in a daze, uses Critical Hit but deals no damage! Mikkael uses Bash to subdue his opponent once more! He feels the effects of the toxin, but continues into another attack with the pickaxe, and goes back into block stance with his shield.

BANDIT BOSS
Life: 1264
Will: 140

MIKKAEL
{BLK}
Will: 125

"You think you can just use the same damn strategy over and over!?" The bandit boss taunts, throwing a bash at Mikkael to no avail.

BANDIT BOSS
Life: 1264

MIKKAEL
{BLK}

"It's working, isn't it?" Mikkael grins, dealing another bash and stun. "As long as I can keep you stunned, there's no way I can lose!" He switches once more, attacks with pickaxe, and blocks with shield, this time dealing a bleed! "Now I don't really need to do anything."

BANDIT BOSS
{BLD}
Life: 982

MIKKAEL
{BLK}
Will: 110

The bandit boss attacks with Critical Hit to no avail! Mikkael bashes once more, but it doesn't stun the boss!

BANDIT BOSS
{BLD}
Life: 783

MIKKAEL

"W-What!?"

"Hahaha! Th-That's right!-" The bandit laughs coughing up blood. "I-I've grown im-mune to your b-bashing now! Eheheh..."

"Damn... Well, nothing to worry over."

The bandit boss rushes forward with a heavy bash!

BANDIT BOSS
{BLD}
Life: 758

MIKKAEL
Life: 1684

Mikkael shakes off the damage and uses his pickaxe to bash!

BANDIT BOSS
{BLD}
Life: 542

MIKKAEL
Life: 1684
Will: 95

Bandit Boss uses Multi Attack!

The skill hits three times!

The second hit causes a major wound in one of Mikkael's fins!
18 * 3 = 54

BANDIT BOSS
{BLD}
Life: 517
Will: 75

MIKKAEL
{AMP}
Life: 1630
Will: 95

Mikkael grins with blood gushing from his open wound. The toxin is well in effect. It seems to almost nullify the pain. A glimmer enters his eye as he prepares another block! Bandit Boss attacks with a critical hit, but the attack once again does not fully connect. Mikkael counters with bash!

BANDIT BOSS
{BLD}
Life: 318
Will: 50

MIKKAEL
{AMP}
Life: 1430
Will: 80

The Bandit Boss attempts to bash, dealing fair damage!

BANDIT BOSS
{BLD}
Life: 293
Will: 35

MIKKAEL
{AMP}
Life: 1350
Will: 80

Mikkael prepares to block the oncoming attack, which happens to be a Multi Attack! No attacks connect. Mikkael quickly swaps out to pickaxe and deals one final bash!

BANDIT BOSS
{BLD}
Life: 52

MIKKAEL
{AMP}
Life: 1150
Will: 65

Being forced to only a single remaining attack, the bandit boss' wounds become to severe, and Mikkael quickly dives in to make the arrest, at the same time, various ninjas appear from the shadows and swoop in to question the Meridian.

"That was quite impressive, nyan. Haven't seen fighting like that for some time y'knyow." Mikkael heard from behind himself, he turned to see a blonde haired, green eyed nekor woman behind him.

"You are...?" Mikkael asked.

"Call me Kazeko, 99th Arena Champion, leader of the Ninja Clan of Vel Da Ir." She greeted with an outstretched hand. When Mikkael went to shake it, however, he collapsed to his knees. All he remembered was Kazeko calling for medical aid before blacking out.

----------

"... Mm..."

"Are you awake?"

Mikkael raised his head and turned to see Kazeko and two ninjas, likely her guards, to both sides of her.

"It's rude to pass out on a lady, Mikkael."

"Sorry... I tend to pass out a lo- Wait a sec..."

Kazeko giggled to herself, "I got your name from your bag, nya." She motioned to his pack set down on a nearby table. "I took the liberty of turning in that quest for you. Quite impressive of you to sacrifice your own well-being to fulfill a bonus requirement, just don't think that dying in battle is an honourable way to go, nya hear?"

Mikkael smiled at this, "I had no intention of dying."

Kazeko smiled back, "Even so, I believe it is better to run and live like a ninja than to die on the field like a samurai."

Taking a break from the subject at hand, Mikkael turned to look at his fin. Bandaged and bloodied.

"It'll heal." Kazeko noted. Mikkael let out a sigh at this.

"How can I repay your hospitality?"

"There is no need. You were in danger, and so I acted in accordance with my obligation, nyan."

Mikkael nodded and laid his head back down.

"Oh, and I even picked off his armor for you. You'll find it in your bag. There are matters for me to attend to now, if you don't mind, nyan." Kazeko mentioned, placing her hands together.

"Not at all." Mikkael said, letting her take her leave. "Quest completed... I wonder what should I become...?"

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
Walking astride the armored knight, she felt a bit of satisfaction as she sensed his discomfort in the heavy armor. She, on the other hand, had no such problems - dressed lightly in loose robes of her station, she held back her pace so as to keep up with the mundanes assigned to her. Of course, it was the other way round officially... but she felt better thinking that this was her personal guard.

Not that it'd help if they ran into whatever was the target of the investigation. She'd have felt better if she could swap the heavy steel bucklers for four Wardmasters - Magic Knights who had studied the way of perfect defense to the point they renounced the use of weapons to handle two shields... and gaining vast defenses against almost every threat in exchange.

At last, they arrived at the gate, and Natsuki did her best to look remotely interested as the drunkard (she smiled inwards as she totally called it) who saw the altercation between the city militias and the wraith who had attacked the city in broad daylight did his best to explain what happened.

"Twash a shadow! A man! All at once, swhooping and flying!" he cried out. "Ne'er more a bloodthirsty fiend, death in his fangs I saw!"

Of course, in better times, such drunkards were often ignored - but this time, there were the militias to corroborate his story. One of the knights inspected the wounded man, a roughshod man wincing with every breath.

"Blighted shadow-man, he punched me in the chest hard enough to break some ribs, he did!" the militia officer swore, between gasping breaths and gasps of pains as a young priest bound his fractured ribs. "Before I could bring him to justice, he ran like the skulking darkman he was into the city unders!"

The city unders - the local name for a series of old alleyways and homes pressed against the newly built main walls. No one wanted to live near the walls, so it had been abandoned - now the home of thieves and other dregs of society. Her worst fears had come true - now she had proof that someone strong enough to break a man's bones through armor was lurking in there... and she'd have to sniff him out.

Shaking her head, she followed the group of knights to start sensing her prey.

Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:10 pm
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Natsuki wrote:
Wardmasters - Magic Knights who had studied the way of perfect defense to the point they renounced the use of weapons to handle two shields... and gaining vast defenses against almost every threat in exchange.

((... Aaaaaaaand I just made this a thing. Magic Knights can now learn the skill "Ward Mastery" when they become Rune Lords. I also am adding a new title...

... Ended up making a whole other update. No worries, I'll have another post out soon though.

Edit: HOLY SHIT, over 1000 views and not even 50 posts or a single class change? Plz, we need more of you guys in here. Come join up!))

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:16 am
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
The hustler had nothing left. Not even his clothes were spared - Yemhelch walked away with 1000 legens a new suit of clothes. A mild upgrade from the tattered, makeshift cloak and wrappings he wore before. Now he wore a simple sheep wool shirt, tawny hemp trousers and a smart wooly cap. Any militia foolish enough to pursue would probably find the poor sucker who had pulled a sap on him when he had pointed out the little backdoor in the cup and ball game.

He smiled as he remembered the look of panic on his face as he had pointed out that the ball was in the bracer. Chuckling to himself, he adjusted his shirt and stepped away from the alleyways at last as he entered Cyndar proper... only to get almost run over by a group of militias in a panic over a 'giant shadow monster'. Quickly dodging back into the small line of people watching the group, he watched them pass. He had other things to do.

His first stop would be the library. First things first, he wanted to gain some clear maps to the world. So far, all he had was one route - and some rather generic directions to a town far to the northwest from here. His thirst for knowledge had been particularly piqued now that he had learned of this world.

Finding the library wasn't so hard, though. He looked sufficiently like one of those 'magic guild' rejects looking to study more for their next entry exam, so he had been directed to a large, imposing building up from the markets. Lowering the brimmed wool cap, he sauntered into the majestic hallway and the hustle and bustle of the markets finally, truly died.

"Medical Journals"... he mumbled quietly as he walked past the shelves.
"Basic magics..."
"Herbalism..."
"Mathematics..."
"Woodworking..."
His eyes narrowed as he turned a corner and spotted an entire case marked "Geology and Astronomy".

"Bingo".

-

Items
Bag Level: 1 [Rough cloth Rucksack with Bindle] (22/30 full)
1/10 Small Health Potion
5/10 small rags.
0.5/10 bone needle, wrapped in a rag.
1/10 stick of dried fish. [1 slot ](1 serving)
1 stick of smoked meat [5 slot]
Empty Ale Waterskin
Water Waterskin [2 slots] (3 servings)
1/10 stick of smoked huntmeat. [1 slot]
0.5/10 4 twines. (used one to tie the bindle to the rucksack)
Legens: 2160
GCs: 0

Equipment:
Head: Wool Cap
Body: Old white cotton shirt, tawny hemp trousers.
Arm: None.
R Hand: Walking staff.
L Hand: None
Off R Hand: Shoddy rope, tied to rucksack.
Off L Hand: Stone knife.
Feet: Wool socks and sandals.

4 pcs.

Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:21 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
((Uh oh, unsure of what to do. lololol Still, got a new post.~))

Mikkael eventually pulled himself out of the bed and left the room with his belongings. He was led through a literal maze which left him wondering if he was even being led outside. Sure enough, he was eventually led outside of the Ninja's guild where he joined up with Kazeko again.

"Feeling better nyow?" She smiled to Mikkael as the butler suddenly vanished.

"Er, yeah. Thanks for the assistance..."

"No problem."

Kazeko continued to look on over a railing over the farmlands. People busied themselves with their regular duties and were busy tending to the livestock and crops. She smiled and chuckled to herself.

"They'll definitely be great, nyan."

"Huh? What do you mean?" Mikkael asked, puzzled.

"Them." She motioned to the farmlands. "They're ashigaru. Ninjas and samurai in training."

"They... Look like ordinary farmers to me." Mikkael replied. Kazeko burst out laughing at his observation.

"Nyahahaha! That they do... That's what makes them so good. However, take a look closer." She motioned for Mikkael to come close and pointed over to a farmer doing some form of work with the pitchfork in his hands. "You see it, nyan? Do you think a farmer would do his work in such a manner?"

Mikkael looked at him, all he saw was the lifting of loose hay and fodder into larger deposits. "I don't... See anything out of the ordinary."

"Bah, look at his form!" She motioned again. The man continued his work, the upward swing, the turn, the drop. It was certainly swift in motion, but Mikkael didn't seem to grasp it. Yet he continued to look and began to understand. Each motion was like that of a cut or a stab. It became more and more apparent as his eyes wandered to the others doing work of their own.

"I... I see. It's like he's using it as a weapon." Mikkael responded. Kazeko smiled and let the meridian soldier loose.

"Do you knyow where the ashigaru originated?" She asked Mikkael. He shook his head in response, where she continued, "The ashigaru were farmers, as you see below. When Vel Da Ir was first settled, it was over run with monsters. Cyndar soldiers and scholars fought em, and the greatest of them formed the three clans and three advanced classes which watch over the town. The samurai, ninjas, and monks, nyan."

"So how do the ashigaru tie in?"

"Well, they were just regular farmers at first. However, those who wished to fight alongside the three great teachers were elevated to the rank of ashigaru. Though still farmers, they were now just as equally warriors. Those who trained as ashigaru long enough eventually became either ninja or samurai, nya."

"So what of those who followed the way of the monk?"

"They were scholars who assisted the ashigaru with support magics, nya. It was through the fusion of these three forces that they claimed this island."

"I see. So they're basically training to become protectors of this island."

"Yes. They have a passion unlike some soldiers I've met in the past. Those who have challenged the arena only seem to want the fame or money. Maybe there's some other reward they hope to claim, or maybe they do fight for something, but I just wonder why they don't embody that in the way they fight, ya knyow?"

"I suppose..."

They simply looked on over the fields before Mikkael eventually decided to leave. After all, he still had a duty to discover more things about the world.

"If you take a dragon, you can head over to some of the other places around the world." Kazeko told him.

"Right. Thank you again for your assistance miss Kazeko. I'll probably just walk to the coast and take to Cyndar by swimming."

"Kazeko is just fine." She smiled before waving.

"Right, see you later then."

Without waiting any longer, Mikkael waved and began to walk out of the town, selling his old armor on the way out and upgrading his bag twice more.

~~~~~~~~~~

Link

Meanwhile, at the edge of Selk, a man in a long coat walks in to the tavern. His presence ominous, yet he seems to neither be evil nor good. No one is certain of him, but a brave yet foolish thief tries to snag his money, only to be caught by a bullet half a second into his getaway.

Then an arrow.

Then a blast of fire and darkness.

The thief dies on the spot, a great red spear through his chest, and the man reclaims his goods.

"If anyone wishes to try the same, feel free, but I cannot guarantee your safety."

The thief's comrades burst out at this remark.

"How unfortunate that I have to baptize the floor with more blood." The man sighs and pulls out the blood-soaked bident, whirling and stabbing at each thief. None of them manage to get away.

"Know me as the eternal paragon. I shall be around, but shall not meddle in your affairs. That's for the chosen ones to do, and I have already done my part."

Without so much as another word, the man leaves. The only thing remaining of his presence is a mere echo and the blood of those who would've loved to see his death painting the ground. The bartender merely gets the mop once more as the Assassin's Guild arrives a moment too late for once.

"Whoever that man is, I would not dare to challenge him."

~~~~~~~~~~

Mikkael walked along the shore, now discarding his bandages. The definitive cut on his fin would be a constant reminder of his days as a soldier, but for now, it would be a good time to return to Cyndar. He navigated the forest swiftly as he did before, and before turning in, he went to the Lumen Mines to do some more mining for iron.

Tink! Tink! Tink!

He wiped his brow from his sweat and counted his findings.

"I did a little mining on the Siren's Path... Combined with this..."

Siren's Path Rolls: 41 - 67 - 90 - 25 - 52 - 57 - 6 - 30 - 28 - 14 - 23 - 93 - 47 - 74 - 52 - 43 - 49 - 26 - 61 - 80
Lumen Mines F1 Rolls: 50 - 28 - 17 - 15 - 57 - 66 - 20 - 19 - 57 - 71 - 68 - 55 - 48 - 35 - 73 - 47 - 9 - 3 - 4 - 37

Siren's Path Earnings: Iron x6, Gold x34, Shade Ingot x2
Lumen Mines Earnings: Iron x60
Total Earnings: Iron x66, Gold x34, Shade Ingot x2

"Yep, this will sell good... Now how will I carry this all back?"

Despite his worries, he managed to carry all of his mined goods back to Cyndar and turned them all in for another mining quest completion.

"Okay, so let me do some calculations here..." The blacksmith said, wiping his own sweat away.

-10/10 Iron
-10/10 Iron
-10/10 Iron
-10/10 Iron
-10/10 Iron
-10/10 Iron
-10/10 Iron
Seven Iron Stacks Total

-10/10 Gold
-10/10 Gold
-10/10 Gold
-10/10 Gold
Four Gold Stacks Total

(7 * 650) + (4 * 6500) = 4550 + 26000 = 30550

"... So I owe you..." The smithy nearly choked on his beverage as his finalized the calculation. "Th-Thirty thousand... Five hundred and f-fifty Legens..."

"Yep, that sounds about right." Mikkael nods, double checking the contract. The man pulled out three coins worth 10000 Legens, five coins worth 100 Legens, and five coins worth 10 Legens. After buying a hammer, Mikkael ran off to see where land was available for purchase, as the smithy sulked a little.

"I teach him to make things... He practically robs me after becoming a mining prodigy..."

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next