Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 A list of games you tell me what you like about them. 
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post A list of games you tell me what you like about them.
Ok simple thing, I'm gonna give you a list of games here (or in some cases game series) and you tell me what sort of things you like about them, be as specific as possible, give your opinion on as many aspects as you like of each game. t can be anything, like a certain gameplay aspect (in example; spinning platforms), a minigame, an enemy, an item/ability etc. you can also list what you hated.

list:
Mario bros. 1,2,3
Mario World
Yoshi's Island

LOZ Ocarina
Majora's
original
II
ALTTP

Donkey Kong Country

Metroid, 1(NES),
2(gameboy, return of),
3(SNES, super)

Castlevania adventure
II(belmont's revenge)
Legends

Ronin(an FH flash game)

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:28 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post Re: A list of games you tell me what you like about them.
Just for clarification, Ronin isnt really a FH flash project. We simply found it a long time ago, far in the distant reaches of the old internet.

-

I'll start with a classic - Super Mario World. I liked how it had branching hidden paths; makes for some more replayability, and a surprise extra zone straight outta a romhack.

4 pcs.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:50 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Registered users
my list
-dragon quest (dragon quest 9 is my fav)
-mr driller
-pokemon diamond and pearl
-minecrap
- Splatoon (I only have 2)

thats all i can think of rn

Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:52 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Arcade Corps
joshex wrote:
Ok simple thing, I'm gonna give you a list of games here (or in some cases game series) and you tell me what sort of things you like about them, be as specific as possible, give your opinion on as many aspects as you like of each game. t can be anything, like a certain gameplay aspect (in example; spinning platforms), a minigame, an enemy, an item/ability etc. you can also list what you hated.

Super Mario Bros. 1~3
Classic one right there. As a platform game, I like the secrets in each of the levels people can find. For the first two, it's a bit harder to do I find, but Super Mario Bros. 3 is probably the best of the three besides the first. Even if I were to include, say, Lost Levels, the third game is pretty much the most solid of them due to its art direction and the overall options you have as a player to progress through levels, while still maintaining a number of secrets in each.

Super Mario World
In the words of Vinesauce Joel, albeit changed for this game, playing Super Mario Bros. 3 is like eating a steak, but playing Super Mario World is like eating a steak with a bit of wine sauce. This is the case for a few games on the list, bear in mind. Essentially, this game I prefer over SMB3 because it feels more story driven. Less powerups overall, but I still enjoy it because it still maintains itself as a great game.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
It's a game... I like it. It presents a new challenge to players. I like the overall colour scheme and art direction in this one.

The Legend of Zelda
This is like eating a steak. It takes a couple plays to really get into I think, but it overall feels great. The sense of exploration, the open-world concept on limited hardware, the unique uses of each item, it all really ties itself together. The second quest is also an interesting concept, but I personally wouldn't play through this game twice.

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Shocker time, I actually really like this game. Yes, even more than the original. It is a fair amount more challenging, especially when you lose experience for being hit, but this one feels more fleshed out in terms of story. It serves as a great prequel to Breath of the Wild for certain. Before anyone asks why I think it's the prequel, it's because of what Princess Zelda tells you in the courtyard of Hyrule Castle in OoT and the ending of this game, plus the story shared by Impa in BotW. The magic system in this game is one of the better ones in the series, although, I think you could potentially compare it to the medallions in later games. This is number three on my list.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Best game in the series in my honest opinion. The story is very fulfilling in my eyes, and I love this game to death. Recently I started playing through it again and found myself entranced by the demo cutscenes alone. I also find it to be the best balanced of the 2D Zelda games pre-N64. It stands as a balance between the original and the second game. Not only is it like eating a steak with wine sauce, it's number one in my list due to a very captivating execution of its narrative, the addition of the spin attack, the puzzles throughout the world, and of course, the artwork! I could eat the artwork up for days, whether it's the original art or the redone art for the re-release.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
As an entry into the world of 3D, this is a strong title. It's not my number one Zelda game for a few reasons, namely that the world seems small, for the most part empty, and while it does add a lot of lore, it isn't the strongest in terms of lore. My problem with it is that it answers too many questions, and leaves no room for mystery. The ending also feels very... Ehhhh. Like, it's an ending, it does wrap up things, but then even if we consider the Hyrule Historia, its position as a branch makes absolutely no sense when every Zelda game could branch off into another game for any position pre-OoT in the timeline. Say that Link suffers a mortal wound in the final battle, still slaying Demise in the process. Would this not be a great way to transition into ALttP? Or even into this game? Say he dies in his first childhood (the one where he doesn't warn the princess but first meets her), wouldn't that be a transition into, say, Four Sword Adventures? OoT as a three-way timeline split is convoluted. Even without the meta, it serves as a decent game overall. New puzzles and new secrets make the adventure feel more refreshed. I don't think it deserves the title of "Best Zelda Game" but don't get me wrong, neither does Breath of the Wild, which I consider number two on the list, where this one I consider number six.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
This is number four on my list of top Zelda games because of four masks, the transformation masks. What I find infuriating is that once you get everything it has no replayability. The world of Termina is unique and interesting, but I really wish I had more options and more to do. For the time, however, it serves as a very strong entry, much stronger than Ocarina of Time in my opinion, but again, it seeks to illuminate the whole world with little room for mystery. Internally, it has many, but once you've completed every last item in the game, there's no room for mystery, and that feels kinda... Boring. But I still love the idea of the transformation masks, and I wish the team at Nintendo explored it way more. Like, "What if Link was x race?" We already got the character customization in BotW, granted not to the same level as in Pokemon S/M/US/UM, but it's nonetheless there. If they added this concept to a new game, I would be quite pleased, and if they included the same level of mystery as in ALttP with a fulfilling overall story and beautiful art direction as in that title, I'd have to rank such an entry as the new best Zelda game in my opinion.

Donkey Kong Country 1~3, Returns, Tropical Freeze
I LOVE DONKEY KONG GAMES. Donkey Kong Country is, in my opinion, WAY better than the Mario platformers. I feel that the Kongs don't require so much powerups, and the boss battles feel much better. Let me just say, Rare did AMAZING all the way up to the end of the N64. In fact, my favourite N64 games are Donkey Kong 64 and Diddy Kong Racing. I find DK64 to be much better than the Country Series in general. Everything looks beautiful, and it's all just about a Kong who wants to keep his banana hoard.

Metroid 1~3 & Castlevania 1~3
These two series are very similar. So I'll consider both as the same. I like to think of these like combining the platforming of Mario/DK, plus the exploration of Zelda. But I like the Prime series better overall. The different means of exploration and different attacks one can launch as Samus makes for a great series where you can deal with alien threats and puzzles in a number of different ways. Same with Castlevania with the different subweapons to deal with enemies.

Other games on the list I haven't played.

I guess I'll add my own list for people.
    -Fable 1~3 (Incl. Lost Chapters)
    -Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    -Mabinogi (MabiPro OR Official)
    -Metroid Prime 1~3
    -Ragnarok Online (First one only. By default EVERYONE hates or dislikes RO2.)
    -Sonic Adventure
    -Sonic Adventure 2
    -WarioWare Series

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Arcade Corps
Spoopz wrote:
my list

Dragon Quest Series
It's funny you mention DQIX. I love it as well! Though it was my first entry into the series. Oddly, I can't get into the other entries as easily. I love the exploration, the alchemy system, the character customization... It's a fun and beautiful game, with an amazing story. I've always wanted to do a tabletop game with the same concept of the Observatory and the Celestrians, in fact.

Minecraft AND Roblox
I did reviews of both games WAY back. Admittedly, I was being yet another AVGN clone. However, my honest opinion of both games is as follows; They're good. Minecraft offers exploration and creation to players. I love to do both these things. I like Minecraft for this very reason. Roblox offers a creative platform to make games with simple characters using a nice introductory scripting language, Lua. The only thing I don't like, in general is the community. Where Ragnarok Online has a great community, Minecraft and Roblox both have mixed communities of toxic folk and non-toxic folk. Granted, that can be literally any community, but they're so noticeable in these two it's hard to not pay attention to it.

Pokemon Series
I like it. Each mainstream game improves on the last in some way. However, I wish I could be something other than the good guys in this series. I really want to start a tabletop game of Pokemon, but in a world where Team Rocket has taken over AND has snag machines. Again, this would be really interesting to explore. I love the series and I love to collect Pokemon, regardless of any competitive aspects.

... aaaaaand I haven't played Mr. Driller or Splatoon 1 or 2.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:13 am
Profile WWW
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Well Running down the list

SMB 1: A classic really, not much more to say other than it stands the test of time still fun to play...until i get pissed off cuz i suck

SMB 2/Lost Levels : The same as SMB 1 but it's KAIZO..not as gun and is complete bullshit

SMB 2 USA/PAL /Doki Doki Panic!: An Infinitely better game than SMB 2; Tight controls amazing gameplay and classic soundtrack

SMB 3: A game I have very fond memories of, I used to play this game all the time with my Grandmother before she died of cancer when i was young.

SMW: Another amazing game and it showed what 2D Mario could DO, unfortunately Nintendo Hasn't created a true follow up to SMW that surpassed it as SMW did to SMB 3

SM64: A classic Mario game i still go back to play it sometimes, however i seem to have gotten worse...somehow.

SMS: Sunshine is amazing followup to SM64 it took all the amazing things from the platforming and made them better,faster, tighter. Mechanically it is the superior game it takes the good, fixes the bad and adds even more into the mix.

The Story is a bit...dumb, but the game play is fun there are very few parts of the game that are a chore; and those that are can typically just be skipped. The level design is very well done but not as memorable as SM64 is, albeit i have played SM64 since i was like 4 and I only bought SMS about 3-4 years ago

SMG: I got galaxy when i got my Wii so about 2009-ish maybe 2011. But this game is one of the best 3D Mario games ever, shame the soundtrack was ass though.

Paper Mario 64: The Paper Mario franchise is amazing, or atleast the first 2-3 games where. PM64 is fun to play, the music is also god and so is the story :V
I can't talk about the sequels that much i haven't played most of the that much.

LoZ: The original, the classic; arguably the worst 2D Zelda game(made by Nintendo). They gameplay is bland even for it's time the only real saving grace it has is that its Music and the fact that it is the First Zelda. I could not find the first dungeon (or any dungeon) when i first started playing the "map" is useless no context to it. WHile in Z2, a game with a reputation for never giving clues where to go, i beat the first continent at age 6-7 (which is about the same age as when I was playing LoZ)

Z2 AoL: Zelda 2 is honestly my favorite Zelda game (with MM coming in a very Close second) the reason is nostalgia I'll admit. but when i was 5-6 i got a GBA-SP for my birthday. With a copy of Z2 and LoZ (i had both on NES)
and Z2 cemented my love of ARPGs that lasts to this day.

LoZ-ALttP: I only had this game for the GBA, but it was fun to play a classic, and one of the best 2D Zelda

LoZ OoA: The Oracle games are amazing, I only own OoA but i've played OoS and their arguably some the best Zelda games in general.

LoZ OoT(64 and 3D): An all around amazing game. It rightfully deserves most of it's praise. The best game released in 1998 no doubt. It hasn't aged the best.

BUT that's where OoT3D comes in literally everything that made OoT amazing is present and they fixed the aiming as well (since every other port of OoT used joysticks with very different tolerances and shit it didn't feel smooth and was very janky and the original hardware is not like that).

OoT3D completely remade the game from the engine up IIRC making the game look and feel better, the definition of what a remake should be, honestly the only reason to go back to OoT is for speed running+ tricks (which OoT3D has it's own) and the pure nostalgia factor.

Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask: If Zelda 2 did not have so many memories attached to it MM would be my favorite game by FAR. The story is deep and amazing, The graphics look a bit better than OoT (less compression perhaps); The soundtrack is haunting and sad, it builds up and atmosphere like no Zelda game has ever done before.

I can play the game and never get anything done because just messing around is so much fun. The only real complaint is compared to the other games that came out around the same time the graphics are very dated, and they are. But you try to make a game as deep and complicated as MM in about 18 months or so :V

MM3D: OOOOH where do I start. The graphics are nice, the new Bombers not book features are a godsend... but they fucked up. The game is a slog now, character are less mobile. The atmosphere is diminished things are brighter than they should be, they changed the wrong things.

My complaints about MM aren't addressed. The stone tower climb is still shit, still have to equip a new mask every 5 seconds they could have gave us a button for mask swap (perhaps with a small arrow to switch between the three main masks) or better yet use the dpad as an additional set of c-buttons (for the 3 main masks).

Zora link barely swims faster than base link, and the fast swim takes up magic faster then literally any other item. Deku link no longer has momentum. and Goron Link speeds up slightly slower and doesn't go as fast.

BUT the map hasn't actually been changed, so there's parts where deku Link can get stuck where he wouldn't in the n64 version. Along side many other things this game is outweighed by the bad than the good it brought. Honestly The only thing this game brought was nice looking graphics and the redone music, both of which i can use a texture pack and a mod to add into the n64 version :V

I'm running out of steam here guys but I'll be running through some more games soon, who knows maybe I'll make a website to host some reviews and shit :V

Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
SomebodyElse wrote:
joshex wrote:

Super Mario Bros. 1~3
Classic one right there. As a platform game, I like the secrets in each of the levels people can find. For the first two, it's a bit harder to do I find, but Super Mario Bros. 3 is probably the best of the three besides the first. Even if I were to include, say, Lost Levels, the third game is pretty much the most solid of them due to its art direction and the overall options you have as a player to progress through levels, while still maintaining a number of secrets in each.

Super Mario World
In the words of Vinesauce Joel, albeit changed for this game, playing Super Mario Bros. 3 is like eating a steak, but playing Super Mario World is like eating a steak with a bit of wine sauce. This is the case for a few games on the list, bear in mind. Essentially, this game I prefer over SMB3 because it feels more story driven. Less powerups overall, but I still enjoy it because it still maintains itself as a great game.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
It's a game... I like it. It presents a new challenge to players. I like the overall colour scheme and art direction in this one.

The Legend of Zelda
This is like eating a steak. It takes a couple plays to really get into I think, but it overall feels great. The sense of exploration, the open-world concept on limited hardware, the unique uses of each item, it all really ties itself together. The second quest is also an interesting concept, but I personally wouldn't play through this game twice.

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Shocker time, I actually really like this game. Yes, even more than the original. It is a fair amount more challenging, especially when you lose experience for being hit, but this one feels more fleshed out in terms of story. It serves as a great prequel to Breath of the Wild for certain. Before anyone asks why I think it's the prequel, it's because of what Princess Zelda tells you in the courtyard of Hyrule Castle in OoT and the ending of this game, plus the story shared by Impa in BotW. The magic system in this game is one of the better ones in the series, although, I think you could potentially compare it to the medallions in later games. This is number three on my list.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Best game in the series in my honest opinion. The story is very fulfilling in my eyes, and I love this game to death. Recently I started playing through it again and found myself entranced by the demo cutscenes alone. I also find it to be the best balanced of the 2D Zelda games pre-N64. It stands as a balance between the original and the second game. Not only is it like eating a steak with wine sauce, it's number one in my list due to a very captivating execution of its narrative, the addition of the spin attack, the puzzles throughout the world, and of course, the artwork! I could eat the artwork up for days, whether it's the original art or the redone art for the re-release.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
As an entry into the world of 3D, this is a strong title. It's not my number one Zelda game for a few reasons, namely that the world seems small, for the most part empty, and while it does add a lot of lore, it isn't the strongest in terms of lore. My problem with it is that it answers too many questions, and leaves no room for mystery. The ending also feels very... Ehhhh. Like, it's an ending, it does wrap up things, but then even if we consider the Hyrule Historia, its position as a branch makes absolutely no sense when every Zelda game could branch off into another game for any position pre-OoT in the timeline. Say that Link suffers a mortal wound in the final battle, still slaying Demise in the process. Would this not be a great way to transition into ALttP? Or even into this game? Say he dies in his first childhood (the one where he doesn't warn the princess but first meets her), wouldn't that be a transition into, say, Four Sword Adventures? OoT as a three-way timeline split is convoluted. Even without the meta, it serves as a decent game overall. New puzzles and new secrets make the adventure feel more refreshed. I don't think it deserves the title of "Best Zelda Game" but don't get me wrong, neither does Breath of the Wild, which I consider number two on the list, where this one I consider number six.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
This is number four on my list of top Zelda games because of four masks, the transformation masks. What I find infuriating is that once you get everything it has no replayability. The world of Termina is unique and interesting, but I really wish I had more options and more to do. For the time, however, it serves as a very strong entry, much stronger than Ocarina of Time in my opinion, but again, it seeks to illuminate the whole world with little room for mystery. Internally, it has many, but once you've completed every last item in the game, there's no room for mystery, and that feels kinda... Boring. But I still love the idea of the transformation masks, and I wish the team at Nintendo explored it way more. Like, "What if Link was x race?" We already got the character customization in BotW, granted not to the same level as in Pokemon S/M/US/UM, but it's nonetheless there. If they added this concept to a new game, I would be quite pleased, and if they included the same level of mystery as in ALttP with a fulfilling overall story and beautiful art direction as in that title, I'd have to rank such an entry as the new best Zelda game in my opinion.

Donkey Kong Country 1~3, Returns, Tropical Freeze
I LOVE DONKEY KONG GAMES. Donkey Kong Country is, in my opinion, WAY better than the Mario platformers. I feel that the Kongs don't require so much powerups, and the boss battles feel much better. Let me just say, Rare did AMAZING all the way up to the end of the N64. In fact, my favourite N64 games are Donkey Kong 64 and Diddy Kong Racing. I find DK64 to be much better than the Country Series in general. Everything looks beautiful, and it's all just about a Kong who wants to keep his banana hoard.

Metroid 1~3 & Castlevania 1~3
These two series are very similar. So I'll consider both as the same. I like to think of these like combining the platforming of Mario/DK, plus the exploration of Zelda. But I like the Prime series better overall. The different means of exploration and different attacks one can launch as Samus makes for a great series where you can deal with alien threats and puzzles in a number of different ways. Same with Castlevania with the different subweapons to deal with enemies.

Other games on the list I haven't played.

I guess I'll add my own list for people.
    -Fable 1~3 (Incl. Lost Chapters)
    -Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    -Mabinogi (MabiPro OR Official)
    -Metroid Prime 1~3
    -Ragnarok Online (First one only. By default EVERYONE hates or dislikes RO2.)
    -Sonic Adventure
    -Sonic Adventure 2
    -WarioWare Series

just to be clear for castlevania, I was referencing the GameBoy(original) series not the NES one. I don't know if that changes any of your answers or not.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:04 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Epuslso wrote:

SMB 1: A classic really, not much more to say other than it stands the test of time still fun to play...until i get pissed off cuz i suck

SMB 2/Lost Levels : The same as SMB 1 but it's KAIZO..not as gun and is complete bullshit

SMB 2 USA/PAL /Doki Doki Panic!: An Infinitely better game than SMB 2; Tight controls amazing gameplay and classic soundtrack

SMB 3: A game I have very fond memories of, I used to play this game all the time with my Grandmother before she died of cancer when i was young.

SMW: Another amazing game and it showed what 2D Mario could DO, unfortunately Nintendo Hasn't created a true follow up to SMW that surpassed it as SMW did to SMB 3

SM64: A classic Mario game i still go back to play it sometimes, however i seem to have gotten worse...somehow.

SMS: Sunshine is amazing followup to SM64 it took all the amazing things from the platforming and made them better,faster, tighter. Mechanically it is the superior game it takes the good, fixes the bad and adds even more into the mix.

The Story is a bit...dumb, but the game play is fun there are very few parts of the game that are a chore; and those that are can typically just be skipped. The level design is very well done but not as memorable as SM64 is, albeit i have played SM64 since i was like 4 and I only bought SMS about 3-4 years ago

SMG: I got galaxy when i got my Wii so about 2009-ish maybe 2011. But this game is one of the best 3D Mario games ever, shame the soundtrack was ass though.

Paper Mario 64: The Paper Mario franchise is amazing, or atleast the first 2-3 games where. PM64 is fun to play, the music is also god and so is the story :V
I can't talk about the sequels that much i haven't played most of the that much.

LoZ: The original, the classic; arguably the worst 2D Zelda game(made by Nintendo). They gameplay is bland even for it's time the only real saving grace it has is that its Music and the fact that it is the First Zelda. I could not find the first dungeon (or any dungeon) when i first started playing the "map" is useless no context to it. WHile in Z2, a game with a reputation for never giving clues where to go, i beat the first continent at age 6-7 (which is about the same age as when I was playing LoZ)

Z2 AoL: Zelda 2 is honestly my favorite Zelda game (with MM coming in a very Close second) the reason is nostalgia I'll admit. but when i was 5-6 i got a GBA-SP for my birthday. With a copy of Z2 and LoZ (i had both on NES)

LoZ-ALttP: I only had this game for the GBA, but it was fun to play a classic, and one of the best 2D Zelda

LoZ OoA: The Oracle games are amazing, I only own OoA but i've played OoS and their arguably some the best Zelda games in general.

LoZ OoT(64 and 3D): An all around amazing game. It rightfully deserves most of it's praise. The best game released in 1998 no doubt. It hasn't aged the best.

BUT that's where OoT3D comes in literally everything that made OoT amazing is present and they fixed the aiming as well (since every other port of OoT used joysticks with very different tolerances and shit it didn't feel smooth and was very janky and the original hardware is not like that).

OoT3D completely remade the game from the engine up IIRC making the game look and feel better, the definition of what a remake should be, honestly the only reason to go back to OoT is for speed running+ tricks (which OoT3D has it's own) and the pure nostalgia factor.

Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask: If Zelda 2 did not have so many memories attached to it MM would be my favorite game by FAR. The story is deep and amazing, The graphics look a bit better than OoT (less compression perhaps); The soundtrack is haunting and sad, it builds up and atmosphere like no Zelda game has ever done before.

I can play the game and never get anything done because just messing around is so much fun. The only real complaint is compared to the other games that came out around the same time the graphics are very dated, and they are. But you try to make a game as deep and complicated as MM in about 18 months or so :V

MM3D: OOOOH where do I start. The graphics are nice, the new Bombers not book features are a godsend... but they fucked up. The game is a slog now, character are less mobile. The atmosphere is diminished things are brighter than they should be, they changed the wrong things.

My complaints about MM aren't addressed. The stone tower climb is still shit, still have to equip a new mask every 5 seconds they could have gave us a button for mask swap (perhaps with a small arrow to switch between the three main masks) or better yet use the dpad as an additional set of c-buttons (for the 3 main masks).

Zora link barely swims faster than base link, and the fast swim takes up magic faster then literally any other item. Deku link no longer has momentum. and Goron Link speeds up slightly slower and doesn't go as fast.

BUT the map hasn't actually been changed, so there's parts where deku Link can get stuck where he wouldn't in the n64 version. Along side many other things this game is outweighed by the bad than the good it brought. Honestly The only thing this game brought was nice looking graphics and the redone music, both of which i can use a texture pack and a mod to add into the n64 version :V

I'm running out of steam here guys but I'll be running through some more games soon, who knows maybe I'll make a website to host some reviews and shit :V

An interesting note to consider as the reason you like Zelda 2 and MM: Termina is the second continent (island) in zelda 2. I'm not sure if later in time they become connected (with termina as a peninsula), but yeah so Termina was in several games. I would like to see another visit to termina where Link is investigating the origins of the triforce and has to enter the grand temple.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
joshex wrote:
Epuslso wrote:

An interesting note to consider as the reason you like Zelda 2 and MM: Termina is the second continent (island) in zelda 2. I'm not sure if later in time they become connected (with termina as a peninsula), but yeah so Termina was in several games. I would like to see another visit to termina where Link is investigating the origins of the triforce and has to enter the grand temple.

As far as i can tell the eastern continent is just refereed to as East Hyrule or just the Eastern Continent. If you can give me a source to it being called Termina that would be neat. And as far as i'm aware NIntendo's stance on Termina is it being a parallel world Link got sucked into (Most likely the Dark world of ALttP before it got twisted by Ganon). Which is why most people are counterparts to OoT characters.
also Part 2 of the list

Loz WW: The legend of Zelda Wind Waker, is an amazing entry into the Zelda Franchise. With it's bright and beautiful graphics still holding up today, the gameplay and the music still stands the test of time as well. The dungeons are fun to play the characters and story stand out as one of the best Zelda has had in a long while. Overall, a very solid game that more people should play.

LoZ WWHD: Whatever problems you may have had with WW has most likely been fixed here. This is an amazing remake and damn near makes the original obsolete.

LoZ TP: It is an alright Zelda game, it was okay. It was nice...it wasn't shit :V

Metroid (entire series): These are nice, i suck at this so :V

Castlvania (Entire series): This are nice, kinda bullshit in alot of places but nice

Double Dragon: Just play the NES version, it's the best game in the series. it was the right level of hard and the Soundtrack was kicking.

Ninja Gaiden 1: Fun, but complete horse shit it has no fucking reason to be such a fucking piece of fucking shit i was fucking 6 fucking miles from the fucking hole what the fuckity fuck fuck :V

Ninja Gaiden 2: Everything you love about the first game but with even more bullshit what the fuck

Ninja Gaiden 3: A legitimate piece of ass it's buggy, and shit don't fucking play it.

Final Fantasy(in general): They're alright kinda bullshit but alright.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Location: Waiting around for like fucking hours on end somewhere.
Since I played mostly on the PC and the gameboys, I never actually experiencd the legend of zelda series. Now that I have a bit of a retro collection building Ive decided to play the entire series in order. The first one is a great challenge, Im almost finished it now. I dont play it much.

I have a specific sentimentality about the 3rd generation of pokemon games, most specifically the music. I love the pokemon GBA soundfont so much and the composition on the hoenn games is wicked.
i even used the soundfont to attempt to recreate the route 113 music.
https://soundcloud.com/9trap0recordings ... -113-cover

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
3 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:14 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Epuslso wrote:
joshex wrote:
Epuslso wrote:

As far as i can tell the eastern continent is just refereed to as East Hyrule or just the Eastern Continent. If you can give me a source to it being called Termina that would be neat. And as far as i'm aware NIntendo's stance on Termina is it being a parallel world Link got sucked into (Most likely the Dark world of ALttP before it got twisted by Ganon). Which is why most people are counterparts to OoT characters.
also Part 2 of the list

Loz WW: The legend of Zelda Wind Waker, is an amazing entry into the Zelda Franchise. With it's bright and beautiful graphics still holding up today, the gameplay and the music still stands the test of time as well. The dungeons are fun to play the characters and story stand out as one of the best Zelda has had in a long while. Overall, a very solid game that more people should play.

LoZ WWHD: Whatever problems you may have had with WW has most likely been fixed here. This is an amazing remake and damn near makes the original obsolete.

LoZ TP: It is an alright Zelda game, it was okay. It was nice...it wasn't shit :V

Metroid (entire series): These are nice, i suck at this so :V

Castlvania (Entire series): This are nice, kinda bullshit in alot of places but nice

Double Dragon: Just play the NES version, it's the best game in the series. it was the right level of hard and the Soundtrack was kicking.

Ninja Gaiden 1: Fun, but complete horse shit it has no fucking reason to be such a fucking piece of fucking shit i was fucking 6 fucking miles from the fucking hole what the fuckity fuck fuck :V

Ninja Gaiden 2: Everything you love about the first game but with even more bullshit what the fuck

Ninja Gaiden 3: A legitimate piece of ass it's buggy, and shit don't fucking play it.

Final Fantasy(in general): They're alright kinda bullshit but alright.

The landscape (map) of Termina and the eastern continent are almost identical, except in MM you aren't allowed to explore some regions of the second continent. also right smack in the center of the second continent right where clock town should be is a town. coincidence? I think not, so topography and the town tell me this is termina. specifically in MM they only give you a small window of the second continent to explore, the great bay (east side of the town), to the western canyons, tot he northern mountains to the southern swamp. the entire north of the island and south of the island and the lesser west bay are not featured.

Here, let me illustrate it: (I've outlined the Majora's Mask map) the Original LoZ NES map is also in this picture at the far bottom left of the pic.)

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:54 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]