The White One [OC][B][SFW] 
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Arcade Corps
Post The White One [OC][B][SFW]
Unit 1: Perceive
Who he was, what he was, it was still unknown. He knew so little, despite the passage of time leaving his grasp. Others would stare at him, others would seek to understand him, and yet they would only rarely get a word out of him.

"This is food. You eat it."
"Okay."

"Smell the flowers."
"Okay."

"This is a brush, you dip it in paint, and create art with it."
"I understand."

"This is an ocarina, you play it by breathing into this mouthpiece."
"I think I get it."

The monk was young in appearance, and seemingly came from nowhere. He wore loosely fitting robes at first, tattered and rotten barely keeping him covered. His body was cold to the touch has he walked up to the steps of the monastery on that snowy day. People had questioned how he managed to come to the temple from his unknown origins, as it was secluded high in the mountains with sheer cliffs to either side of the temple's foundation.

He had fair pale skin, smooth as freshly churned butter, white hair as the frost and ice that blanketed the mountaintops, and silvery eyes like the ore embedded in the caverns below the sanctuary. People were curious to find that he had no magical abilities despite his white locks upon his head, a signature feature of magicians across Accradis, the continent of holy pilgrims. Yet even more curious were his answers and how he spoke to others.

"Do you like to play music?"
"I think."

"Do you like the smell of the lavenders?"
"I think."

"Do you like to paint?"
"I don't know."

"Do you like the taste of apples?"
"I don't know."

Brief and non-specific. Yet his responses to new information were immediately understanding.

"This painting is good, but it doesn't have depth."
"What do you mean by depth?"

His first question ever in the three years he had spent thus far. Most were passive to his existence, and many were unsure of his motiviations, but to first hear a question, it was as if the Ki-rin itself had galloped down from the heavens to greet them and the monastery.

"It seems so plain, like it exists, but it has no feeling."
"Feeling?"

Another question, despite being short.

"You know... Emotion, resolve, meaning, purpose."
"Emotion..."

He didn't understand for once. This was troubling to him, being unable to understand something hurt him. At least, he would express such if he knew what it was he was feeling. He only closed his eyes painfully as he violently shook his head and expressed a response to the next question.

"What is wrong!?"
"I don't know."

Rest.

Quiet.

Emptiness.

As time passed, he came to understand more concepts. Ten years had passed before he knew it, and he was a regular player at the temple. He had been teaching others how to play alongside him, and was beginning to understand the social matters. A new acolyte had joined the temple in that time, her skin was as milk chocolate, perhaps a bit brighter, and her hair a curly black with deep brown eyes that sported flecks of red like the appearance of a wide-petaled flower made its nest upon each of her whites.

"You know, he has never aged in all the time he has been here, but he has shown great prowess in his skill with the Ocarina as he's lived here."

The female monk looked to the master and asked, "What is his name?"

"You know, we've always asked, but he has never given an answer." The master replied, stroking his beard in thought and unsure of if he'd be ready to share. The silver-headed monk then gave his instruction.

"Now we will do the same song, but an octave higher, ready?" He said in smooth, low tones.

The song echoed through the decorated chamber, and the lyrics could almost be heard mentally as the female monk listened in...

Freude, schöner Götterfunken,
Tochter aus Elysium,
Wir betreten feuertrunken,
Himmlischer, Dein Heiligtum!
Deine Zauber binden wieder,
Was die Mode streng geteilt;
Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
Wo Dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

He stopped playing and turned his gaze to the master and the young monk beside him. The master gave a smile and a wave as the white-haired monk in the blue and silvery clothes gave a smile and wave in return, his movements almost static as he had done so. He continued onto the next lesson.

"We will have you train with him, soon."

He was not a master in his own right, but was mysterious in so far as he had not told much of himself. People came to understand some things that he liked and didn't like. It was an odd way that he expressed this, so most only came to ask him yes or no questions. Does he like the smell of lavender? Yes. Does he like the taste of apples? Yes. Does he dislike the cacophony of bad playing? Yes. Does he like his visual artwork? No. But then he would occasionally answer in depth as his time went by in the monastery, and as people he seemed to care for came and went.

"I don't like my artwork. But I do. I like it when I can see myself in it." He explained one day, as he looked towards a black and white painting of the Ki-rin, the sacred animal of the temple. Its majesty depicted in the patterns he used for each scale.

The master looked at him with a smile, clutching a scroll in hand and patting him on the shoulder as he explained this. The white one began to comprehend something; gratitude.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:43 am
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Post Re: The White One [OC][B][SFW]
Unit 2: Reasons
The monastery, high in the mountains of Accradis, had experienced many winters and summers, as did the nameless teacher. Though he was a novice as well, and in no way fit to teach another. He found it highly illogical that his master, Cheng, would task him with helping to raise this girl. He tried to perceive the feelings going through his mind, but could not as he made his argument.

"Master, it is not a reasonable action to task me with such."

Cheng responded, "You are a gift." He placed a scroll in the white-haired man's hand, continuing, "Unlike any other pupil who has lived here, you seem to show no signs of wear, no signs of tiredness, and your sleep cycles are short. Despite having the silver locks of hair, you are not at all magically inclined. Exactly what you are, none of us can pinpoint, but you are definitely a human in our eyes. You try to express creation in your music. Painting may be a difficulty, and your calligraphy is lacking, but nonetheless, the power of harmony with your students gives way to something that invigorates the heart and soul."

"I do not understand what you mean by this, master." The white one responded.

"What I am saying is that you find power in your harmony, in your synchronized activity with your fellow students." The aged master clarified with a chuckle, "You are more than capable of teaching the purpose of our monastery to her, I hope. It is about time you were given a partner to work with. To be sure, tell me the purpose of our monastery again."

"Protect, safekeep, to embody the one we call the Ki-rin. We are protectors."

"Precisely, and should you forget, you need only refer to the scroll." The master motioned to him and depicted on the parchment was a Ki-rin, a cyan-scaled horse with a white mane and purple horn that could control the power of thunder and lightning. The master smiled, saying some parting words, "Remember and revere the Ki-rin, always."

"Always."

The monk proceeded into the main temple to meet his student, keeping the scroll in hand, and speaking with his fellow trainee. They would be training in combat this time around, and his sparring partner would be the girl of a clearly different origin, perhaps Vak-Ahlran, where the mages call home among the sand dunes and megalodonic skeletons, buildings of limestone being the foundations of their cities and gemstones of power keeping barriers against the threats that would swallow them whole.

"So, we are to train together."

"Yes," The girl responded, "I will do my best. May I know your name before we begin?"

"..." The silver-haired boy thought of his name, in truth, he didn't know what to call himself, he did remember a single word that Master Cheng would continually use with him, but found it quite mundane, unsure of what to say, he instead responded with, "My name is unimportant, but perhaps, you may refer to me as the others do, call me the white one."

"Nonsense, I should know the name of my sparring partner." The girl requested once again, sharing her own, "My name is Avirika."

As expected, a name of Vak-Ahlra. He shook his head though and instead entered a stance of combat, "Perhaps one day I will share a name with you, but for now, I can be known as the white one."

"Then so be it..."

The two of them fought on fairly equal grounds. The white one would utilize kicks more often then not, his body not moving, but flowing in the air as he would sweep, roundhouse, spin, and outright fly in his attacks. Prioritizing parries rather than blocks as his hands would form points at the fingertips, jabbing between bones and striking at pressure points when he could to increase the power.

Avirika would utilize her fists and kicks in balance, attempting to maintain her position on the ground, unlike the white one who would move from ground to air with each movement and action he could take. She found more safety keeping to the ground as she delivered punches and kicks in a flurry. Her position allowed the execution of grapples, though his movements were much like the drafts caused by the speed of each of their blows.

The clashing of limb against limb would cause outright reverberations in the floorboards beneath them, and his use of gravity to strike at his sparring partner increased his power doubly. Master Cheng eventually came to watch as many of the students formed a wide circle around them. Eventually, she tired out, and the white one, without showing a sign of fatigue finally stopped the match.

"This is enough for now. Are you alright?"

Avirika, gasping for her breath, managed to nod, opting to not talk, but a question kept striking her mind, "How is he not tired?"

Yet he had more important questions, "Do not worry, for tiredness is a temporary state for you and many like you, but know that in the heat of conflict, tiredness is not allowed. Here at the Temple of the Ki-rin, we embody that which the Ki-rin represents, the protection of others through swift resolutions to conflicts, be the resolution peaceful or otherwise. Never forget this."

"What... What is the reason you follow it?"

"Pardon?" The white one asked, having never been asked such.

"Why does... Someone... Like you... Follow it?" Avirika asked, finally managing to catch some of her breathing.

"I do so because it aligns with what I know to be right. People need protection provided by us when they cannot protect themselves." The white one responded, not fully sure of the answer, but perceiving it to be logically compatible with his views, "It is what I was tasked with, I suppose, long before I joined this place."

"Truly?" The master finally spoke up, "Who told you to come here?"

"My father. He directed me here. That's the earliest memory I have, that and walking through darkness with this purpose. I emerged from a cavern, and I had found my way up the mountain. That is all I remember."

"Hmmm... You so rarely share your memories, white one, that it is so interesting when you finally do share them... In any case... We have much more to do today."

Sparring, eating, drinking. Those were the common events of the day, the mundane passed by as the girl shared her memories with the white one, who listened to each word and seemed to record each phrase to memory as she described everything from her family.

"Treasure hunters, they loved to collect old pieces of art, ones that people thought were lost to time even!"

"I see..."

"Though... While it did appeal to me, I didn't really want that for myself." She added with a smile.

"So what did, or, rather, what do you want?"

The girl smiled, "Well, right now I just want to see and hear all forms of artistry! I want to see them all and understand the motivations behind them."

"I see..." The white one said again, recording this to memory.

"So," Avirika continued, switching the subject, "What about you?"

"Me?"

"Yeah, what about your family?"

"I barely have any memory of father." He says, "I don't think I have any siblings like the two you described."

"What about your mother?" She asked him. He was puzzled and couldn't recall anything about a female figure in his life.

"Something bad?" She wondered, asking the same thing.

"No. I just don't know."

"Hm... Sounds like you have a lot of things you don't know." She muses, taking a drink of the apple cider in a wooden cup.

More training would ensue for the girl, but not by him. He instead returned to his small room and sat on the bed, trying to process the information in his mind. He didn't have a lot of answers, certainly, he figured as much, but truly, he had no real ties to this world save for a few images placed in his head. Questions began to arise, why awaken where he did? Who was he really? What was his name?

These questions continued into the night as he sat on the edge of the bed. While he could very slightly connect answers to each question, one major question remained, "What is my true purpose?"

Minutes ticked by, hours ticked by, no answers arose, and he soon entered his slumber at the edge of the bed. Not even in his silent dreams could he perceive answers in that darkness, nor process a thought. What he could process, however, was sound. Ominous noises soon filled his head, and he could hear whispers outside the monastery. His head rang with alerts and hostility being detected outside the monastery walls as he perceived the nature of the slowly evolving situation.

An attack.

In the back of his mind, he felt something new that sank to the depths of his chest. He felt the burden of worry as he stood up and rushed out of the room.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Unit 3: Conflicts
It happened so suddenly. At first, nothing, and then, an explosion. The size of which was small, as to not damage the temple entirely, but the main entrance was completely devastated. Normally, the monastery would keep it locked to ward off attackers, sealed by a large, glimmering lock with one keyhole. The explosive, however, was strong enough to break not only the chains, but the lock itself. Within minutes, swarms of men and women donning dark, tight-fitting clothing filled the room, with a prominent one with a flowing red muffler and red goggles of some odd material taking the center. Master Cheng hurried his way to the main chamber with the highest rank of monks accompanying him.

"We've received signal that the executioner is here. Where is it?"

"Executioner...?" The monk master pondered this, "I know of no such person."

"Speak, monk, or face the destruction of this temple."

Master Cheng was puzzled by this question, yet stood firm, "I'm afraid you are mistaken, but I cannot let you ravage this sacred ground. Prepare yourself..."

In the rooms above, the white one had found Avirika and some other students.

"What's happening!?" Avirika asked, completely dumbfounded by the explosion, and the white one answered.

"Attackers. Hostile. They're coming for us. Prepare. They're sending small foot-soldiers this way."

Indeed, a group of three bandits of some smaller race appeared before them and brandished their weapons in the dark of the hallways.

"Avirika, save the younger ones alongside me. Let's get them somewhere safe. Eliminate any threats that come our way."

The girl readied herself alongside the white one, preparing for combat. The three bandits each had scimitars in hand and light crossbows strapped to their side. Two males, one female, all dressed identically in the full-body covers. Each of them clearly appearing hostile against the duo.

"Numbers are against us." The white one mused, "No matter. We strike now!"

Avirika would take the first strikes against the bandits. Her flurry of strikes hitting the first to encounter her, and clearly harming him, albeit only slightly. She was then struck by the first bandit with a scimitar, its blade digging deep into her side as her blood pooled in her clothes. The second made to strike her but her movements were swift as she reeled from the first's attack. She locked onto this opportunity and struck at the female. The third bandit engaged the white one, who was preparing for his attack. His awareness dropped for but a moment and he was struck by the third bandit with the scimitar, yet the blade did not draw blood, oddly enough.

The moment was now upon him as he made to attack the second bandit, his attacks connected and his kicks knocked out the woman as her head collided with a nearby wall. Avirika complimented the white one as he made the attack and as she began to elbow the first bandit behind her, with a rotation of her shoulder dealing a second blow against his face. He fell to the ground unconscious as the hit connected. The last of the assaulting bandits attempted to hit the white one as he made to attack, but his assault missed, and the white one began a three-hit strike upon the man. He fell to the ground unconscious as the victors did a quick celebration, though they took a fair amount of damage.

The white one made a motion of breath as his wounds naturally stitched themselves back up. Avirika watched as this occurred and asked, "How did you do that?"

"I guess... I just did." The white one stated. He then asked her, "Are you alright?"

"Not really... The bastard got me good..."

He looked around the dimly-lit hallway and opened doors as necessary to search rooms. In one room he happened to find a few herbs and ointments to help heal the damage Avirika sustained. The burning sensation was but temporary and gave way to a feeling of relief.

"Thank you... Let's look for our people..."

The white one and Avirika proceeded from one hallway to the next, searching for any semblance of a person. Most were fighting off their own bandits, and they lent themselves to helping in each fight along the way. All the fights ended with bandits being knocked out, and in some cases killed by the blows dealt by their comrades. Though they would forego any reward for fighting, save for some bare essentials for the trials ahead that they found on the corpses of fallen bandits. Despite most of it being stained with blood, the ropes and backpacks they found were still worth taking.

One monk approached them as they made their way down the final corridor leading to the main hall. Before he could speak, the main hall erupted with fire, the doors blowing into the back of the monk. While everyone else had taken roundabout ways of escape, the two of them saw the man before them, his eyes gleaming through the goggles and his mouth exposed in a grin.

"Is this everyone?" He asked, motioning to the duo, "You know... You are not at all supposed to be with these monks, executioner..."

"Executioner...?" The white one pondered, "You have no right calling me that after all you have done!"

For once, he felt it, he couldn't help but succumb to it. The white one felt anger welling inside of him as he focused upon the man ahead of him. He had to take out this man who dare attack his home. It was for not just the protection of the monks who had fled, but to avenge.

Avirika stood at the white one's side, at the ready and with her fists clenched. She gave him a nod, "I think I know what you were trying to say today, about protection and the Ki-rin..."

"We proceed to eliminate this target, and then we find Master Cheng."

"Feh..." The man's grin widened as he chuckled, "Well, you won't be able to do a damn thing when I'm through with both of you."

Before they could continue the white one was immediately in the air and delivering a series of kicks to the man, trying to find a weakpoint in that black leather armor he wore. Sure enough, he found a key weakness and delivered a powerful kick to the groin area of his foe! He struck once more with a second attack only to have it swatted away! A spin left him on both his feet and Avirika ran in with her fists ready to pummel the man, and the hit connected, but the second attack like the white one's didn't connect.

The man groaned from the blow to his sensitive areas and he rushed forward, attempting to strike the white one who was seething with hostility. While he had swung and dug his blade into the firm body of the white one, his second attack was swatted away by the monk's arm as he brought back his fist and proceeded to punch the darkness-clad man until his face was no longer recognizable. The blood dripped from the tatters of his mask and the white one knocked over his limp and lifeless body with a kick. Finally, his anger subsided as he stood victorious over the man.

Avirika looked at the wound, and rather than bleeding blood, it seemed to glisten with silver under his pale skin, the white one looked to the girl who eyed the wound.

"... You're not human."

"... I guess not..." He agreed, but turned towards the blasted doorway and burning gathering hall, the pews overturned and the roof mostly collapsed. Laying in the hall was the barely living body of Master Cheng, calling out to the two monks. Too concerned for the well-being of his master, the white one ran to him and began to speak loudly.

"Master! Do not worry! I'll... I'll get you out!"

Yet the weight of the beams upon the master's body were too heavy, even for the white one. Eventually, the master motioned for him to sit among the flames and beams.

"It... It's quite alright... It seems my time as master of the monastery is over... Hah..."

"Master Cheng!" Avirika voiced as she held his hand still, "You mustn't say such! The priests told me I would be safe here, you told me so! You cannot die...!"

"It is... Quite alright... White one... There is so much I must tell you, but perhaps you should figure it for yourself..."

The white one looked at the man quizzically, unsure of his future, but the master smiled and laughed.

"It's a shame... I wasn't able to tell you of it, the truth of the world. The truth of your birth..." The master coughed up blood as hot beams pierced his body, "Y-You... Will have to learn it for yourself... See for yourself what you must prevent..."

The white one could only gaze in silence as new feelings frustrated him as he tried to comprehend them with the time remaining. Before him his father would die, and leave him with only the vague answers he needed. Yet the Master kept smiling and spoke once more.

"Go to my chambers, take the robes... Become the guardian of the ancient wisdom of the Ki-rin... You are... A gift... Not a curse... You are a godsend..."

As the master continued to speak, more beams came crashing down around them as he coughed up blood more and more, being crushed beneath the weight of the floors above.

"Y... o... u... a... r... e..."

"T... a... b... h... a... r... t... a... s..."

The master closed his eyes and gently rested his head upon the wooden floorboards. He drew his last breath as the white one repeated his newly-given name. Not a name he was assigned, but a name gifted, a name, in his mind, that meant exactly as he said. Tabhartas, a gift, a godsend. The guardian of ancient wisdom.

Tabhartas stood up and invoked a small prayer, before walking with Avirika to the master's chambers through the fire and the ruination of the monastery. They reached the room and opened it. There Tabhartas took what he could. A few gold pieces, a small set of rations, a few backpacks for the two of them, and of course, the white and gold robes of the monk entrusted to him. In one packet was a key, the likes of which Tabhartas could recall seeing similar designs of. It was made of dark metal and had designs etched into it. He placed it back into the pocket of the robes as he reunited with Avirika who made her escape with him.

As the remains of the temple collapsed behind them, Tabhartas and Avirika could not even begin to fathom what had happened, nor who was truly behind all this. All they knew was that Tabhartas had to take the key to the place where he awoke. He had to find the truth of it all, what was he? Why was he called executioner by that man?

He had begun to feel confusion, anger, and above all else, sorrow.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Unit 4: Revelations
With no time to spare, the two monks decided it best to heed the advice of Master Cheng. The snow-covered mountaintop made way for rocky cliffs as they began to pass the cloud layer. As they made their way down the mountainside, greenery began to show itself, at first like tiny drops of paint upon the mountains, but soon grass gave way below. That was when they found the cavern where Tabhartas had awakened. The cavern opened in the mountainside like a gaping maw of some beast, the light frost melting from above and forming icicles over the shadowy cavern.

"So, this is where you awoke?" Avirika confirmed with him. He gave a nod.

"Yes. Ten years ago... I still don't have all the answers I seek regarding it. But perhaps..." He pulled out the key and gazed at its black lustre, "Perhaps now I can learn more."

He knelt down and grabbed the tinderbox from his backpack, lighting a torch. The light shed by it would make for travel through the cavern easier, he figured, as he didn't want to spend too much time wandering through the darkness. Even with his ability to see it fairly clearly, having it appear as bright as possible was a necessity for the sake of caution, as he remembered the location, but not the overall layout.

The cover went straight ahead for a distance of two hundred feet, but soon came to a drop and a turn, the overall scenery was empty for now, and didn't give way to much else, but soon, the two monks made their way to a door, cold to the touch, and Tabhartas recalled this being what he had opened a few years ago. He proceeded onward, and the floor made way to black metal plates, like the material of the key in his other hand. He clutched it and looked at the walls, also made of the material. It had tiny blue lights dotting the corridor, and he followed them with Avirika close behind. They soon came to a large chamber with blue light markings, the two of them directly beneath the ruined monastery by now.

"What in the name of the upper planes is that...?" Avirika voiced aloud, "It's like one of the ancient forges."

"Ancient forges?" Tabhartas asked.

"Long ago, it is said that ancients once worked in these underground forges to create tools to aid in their daily lives."

Tabhartas looked ahead and figured to himself, "Could I be from one of these?"

He stepped ahead and the large door opened to his presence automatically. The lights were now bright enough that he no longer needed the torch. So he doused the flame quickly to preserve the torch for future use. He walked through yet even more thin corridors and finally arrived in a main chamber. There was an empty capsule with tubes attached to it, about the size of a human.

"That is where I am from." He told Avirika, "That was where I awoke."

The two looked around the room, and Avirika noted the door to the side of the capsule's mechanism. It was locked, and so the two of them used the key on the door. It made way to an office, brightly lit, with a functional mechanism that sported a screen. It displayed text in a language they could for the most part comprehend. It had experimentation logs, different wordings that made little sense, and much more that made little sense to the two of them. All of them were signed by a "Dr. E" who seemed to be trying to replicate life in his experiments.

"Does this mean... You aren't a living being?" Avirika wondered, turning to Tabhartas. He looked down and scratched his head in frustration, unsure of how to process this information before him.

"An... Android? That's the term this doctor used, right?"

"Yes... What does this mean?" She asked again, trying to look through the notes and the words.

"... Does it say why I was made?"

"No. Nothing. It only notes abilities regarding 'enhanced physical capability to-'"

Her voice trailed off. She shook her head and turned away from the computer before her. She walked out of the room as Tabhartas took a moment to comprehend everything he could. All of a sudden, he felt different from everyone else who was there. Already, he felt he acted differently, and though he had the answers, he didn't like them. He didn't like how they made him feel inside. He felt infuriated that he couldn't find purpose here, even when he found the origin of who he was -- of what he was.

He left the room and joined Avirika. She looked at Tabhartas and smiled, "Even if you are an android, we are the only survivors of the Ki-rin Monastery. So let's make it our purpose to travel and show what it means to follow the tenets of the Ki-rin."

"Is it so easy?" The white one questioned, looking at the capsule.

"It won't be, but it's better than giving in, I feel."

He nodded and the two of them made it out of the cavern, still not entirely certain in their heads what to make of what they had found.

When the two of them finally passed below the cloudline, they gazed upon the lands below. Nearby was a village, small. Tabhartas figured it probably had about fifty people living inside. Its buildings were styled to be in shades of grey. Nothing too particularly notable about the overall features. They made their way down from the mountain and into this village. Overall, it was a quiet town where people paid them little mind, too busy wallowing in boredom and in lack of anything happening. Not a single thing of visual note stood out. Even the clothes of the villagers were plain white clothes, if not grey or black.

The sign was made of wood at the village entrance, detailing in plain text the name, "Woodgrove."

"Seems a little plain here..." Avirika noted.

A man popped up behind her, saying in a raspy voice, "Believe me, Woodgrove didn't be so plain back when it was first founded."

He introduced himself as Yorvas, a citizen of town, with connections to the local general store as one of its attendants. He walked the two monks through town as he explained, "Woodgrove is a small lumber community. We provide wood for buildings and furniture throughout Accradis. Though, this is the only remaining notable feature."

"What happened to it?" Tabhartas asked, "No town just foregoes colouring its buildings, even our monastery was rife with paintings upon the mountain."

"Ah, yes, I used to take treks up to the monastery in my youth to provide food for the monks there. But the younger generation is doing that now." He began, "Yes, you are right. But lately, the bandits have been forcing us to give all our paints and supplies to them. We aren't allowed expression. This is true even in the capital, Star Haven."

"Star Haven is like this? Why?" Avirika asked, but Yorvas only shook his head.

"It pains me to say but the high priestess, daughter of the Gold Dragonborn Yomuta, is being held against her will in the main camp. They've threatened her life as a means to make demands to the Dragonborn Master."

"Cowardly..." Avirika commented, shaking her head, "Is there any way we can help this town and others in Accradis? Any way we can infiltrate their camp and perhaps save her majesty?"

Yorvas laughed a little, if cynically, "Seriously? You intend to infiltrate the main camp as you are?"

Tabhartas spoke this time, stating, "Our temple was attacked by those bandits, we need to do what we can to help those in need, such is our tenets. We don't want what happened to us to happen to others, and we need to prevent this from spreading."

"Hm... You have a strong will in you both, I like that." He turned his gaze to a mountain range north, "In the hills, mountains, and forests, for each village their is a camp overseeing it. If you were to take care of the camps, why, we would be most grateful. It should also make infiltrating the main camp, wherever it is, much easier."

"Then it's settled!" Avirika exclaimed happily ready to help, "We'll take care of the camps."

"That's not all." Yorvas stated, "See, many of us haven't been able to properly teach our means of expression. Accradis used to be a great place of learning for visual artwork, but without our tools, we can't even teach our teachers."

"It's no problem, we can begin teaching them, too!" Avirika enthusiastically volunteered.

"I'm only good with the Ocarina..." Tabhartas added. Avirika stopped him and gave a smile.

"I can paint and do calligraphy. I'll show you how when Tabhartas and I take care of the bandits."

Yorvas nodded with a smile, "Why thank you..."

Tabhartas said nothing, for he was busy comprehending something in his mind, a feeling known as obligation.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Unit 5: Fish out of Water
As they made their way towards the camp, Avirika looked through the trees in the forest. Luckily for them, the paths were clearly marked as to where these Bandits were, and Yorvas gave them an idea as to their motives and methods. They had nearly lost their way in the heavy forest, but every few moments they would find another flag that dotted the greenery.

"What do you think they are trying to achieve?" Tabhartas pondered.

"Well, clearly they don't want the people expressing themselves."

"But to what end?" Tabhartas began to question further, "It makes no sense. Why remove the paints? Why stifle creativity? Why not take gold or resources?"

"Actually, that is a fair question..." Avirika admitted, not too sure herself. If the bandits would want anything, it would be a want to take gold. Such was common in the lands.

"Could it be a means of some ransom? Like, the townsfolk being painters makes sense, and if they're good at it, it takes a source of income away."

"Could be... But they seem well off in terms of food..."

Avirika spotted the camp shortly thereafter and commented, "Well, perhaps we'll get an answer in there."

Thecamp was quite large, with sharpened wooden logs lining the outside. The inside could be seen from the vantage point with light foliage covering their approach. Avirika was crouched next to Tabhartas as they looked in on the camp. Dozens of bandits, all dressed the same way, black leather and red goggles. All under a single banner.

As they gazed at this, a scruffy tiefling with black hair and a black beard approached them from behind.

"Don't even think about it."

This startled the two wandering monks as they jumped up and readied themselves for combat. The man jumped back at the same time and rolled down the slope of land, bumping the back of his head against a tree.

"Geeeeeeeeez..." The scruffy man groaned. Avirika looked to Tabhartas who tilted his head slightly.

"He doesn't appear to be hostile."

"Ugh... I ain't..." He grumbled audibly.

Avirika went down the slope and helped him up, he thanked her and as he apologized, Tabhartas looked over his attire. He appeared to be some sort of man of the wilds, a wandering individual with a strength of body, his curled black hair and silver-white skin indicated he was likely hailing from the south-west, and likely a descendant from the sea-faring tieflings who would wield large scimitars and do sea-battles.

"Again, I apologize... I just kinda have this habit of doing that..." He said in his slow rugged tones, "Name's Zoff."

"Avirika." The female monk introduced herself, "This is Tabhartas. We come from the Temple of the Ki-Rin and hope to assist Woodgrove."

"Oh! I know them..." His voice stated with familiarity, "Woodgrove, that is... They always give a good price for any game I bring in..."

"What do you do?" Tabhartas asked, "Your occupation."

"I guess I'm a wanderer, a man who does manual labour here and there..."

"So you're a Barbarian!" Avirika figured right away, Zoff shook his hands in front of her, embarrassed.

"N-No! Nothing of the sort..." He responded, going into some thought, "Although... I mean... I guess you could say that... But only my wilds are the seas..."

Avirika shrugged her shoulders, "So, what brings... A labourer such as yourself to this camp?"

Zoff began his explanation of his chain of events.

"Well, I've been hunting these lands for some time, see, many years in fact. Accradis has some very good beef, see, and it's not every day you get to hunt the farm animals in the fields and grasslands. Anyways, I've been hunting these cows, and then this FUCKER comes over and starts saying I can't be wearing this necklace that I got on. So he and like, five other people, wrestle the fuck out of me and steal my heirloom! Been tracking these guys across the continent for a while, and Yomuta has since disappeared since his daughter's been gone... So I figure kill two birds with one stone; Nab the bandits who I have no doubt kidnapped the girl, and get my heirloom back from these fuckheads."

"Sounds like we have a fairly common goal." Tabhartas mused, "Would you like to join us in our adventure?"

"Heck, that'd be ballin'."

Avirika tilts her head, "Ballin'?"

"Nevermind, I'd be happy to join!" Zoff agreed with a smile and a nod. His teeth showed themselves, "I guess... I'd be more of a swashbuckler..."

"What?" Tabhartas asked.

"Don't worry..."

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Unit 6: Are you sure?

"That can't be right..." Zoff stated matter-of-factly. He had been talking with the group for a little while now, a ways away from the bandit's campsite, and was baffled by what Tabhartas had told him.

"It's true, I am a monk."

"But with such blows you seem too weak to be an actual monk is my point..." Zoff questioned further. Tabhartas was still confuded by this, but Avirika figured she'd add her two cents, brushing her hair back and strategizing how to get in.

"If he isn't a monk, he ought to be something else, right?" She asked, going over her plans wholly while absent-mindedly paying attention to the two men behind her.

"Let me tell ya... YOU sound and look like a monk... This guy just has a fancy set of clothes and an ocarina on him... He hits with his hands and feet not so great... but he does seem to have some ability to him... Can't exactly tell it, but I can perceive it... It's like it's in his words." Zoff responded.

Tabhartas thought about it further, "So... What am I, then?"

"Well... I can't answer that... Perhaps we can figure it out after we've worked everything out..."

"Okay..." Tabhartas argeed. Zoff kept thinking on it. He was acrobatic, he had skill with an instrument, and he could utilize feats of strength, but that could be due to the fact that he's a construct alone. The group had figured a way to enter the camp nonetheless, and Zoff took to the front. Avirika crouched behind him, and Tabhartas looked around the area as he crouched down as well. The camp was fairly big, and taking it down in one go was hardly a likely feat.

"We all jump in and behind the tent on three." Avirika instructed, "Once in, we take out the leader, raise the alarm, and get out. Sound good?"

"Seems like a plan to me..." Zoff uttered quietly. Tabhartas nodded in approval, perceiving all the enemies and the routes they were taking, what each one was attempting to do in the tent.

Avirika counted down, and the three of them jumped in from a ledge, attempting to land softly. Having done so, they listened in at the tent in front of them.

"In we go... We can use this one..." Zoff figured, cutting into the back end and quickly closing up the front. It was a storage tent with barrels of something or other. Upon Tabhartas inspecting them, he found a scent of wine.

"Wine barrels... Well, we can definitely throw a party afterwards..." The swashbuckler joked, "So now to figure out what route to take..."

"Tabhartas, did you pay attention to the routes?" Avirika asked.

"I did. The best route is one only one of us can take, as being grouped up like this we'll be easy to spot by my best calculations."

Zoff nodded, eager to take on the task.

"I'll do it... In the meanwhile, you guys should try and steal back some stuff, try and find my goods, that sort of thing."

Avirika shrugged, "Yeah, we can do that."

"If you guys get caught, just use this bell I have." He stated, giving Tabhartas a bell in his bag. Tabhartas secured it in his own to keep it from ringing, "If I hear it ring, I'll come running, and we'll get out of here. Meet back here in thirty, regardless."

"Sounds good! Come on Tabhartas. We'll get you some weapons and armor, and we'll keep a lookout for that necklace."

The group parted ways outside the back of the tent. Zoff grabbed a barrel of wine for later as Tabhartas stacked up some barrels to keep the tear in the tent from being noticed.

Tabhartas and Avirika took a route behind the tents rather than cutting to each area. They waited patiently behind each tent and found one in particular that emptied rather quick. Inside, they found a pair of leather boots that Tabhartas put on, swapping out his shoes. He felt the Monk attire was still suitable underneath, and that the leather gloves were a good touch to him.

They soon heard footprints outside the tent and hid to either side of the entryway. Avirika waited as the bandit entered and delivered the first blow to the back of his neck, as Tabhartas began to knee him multiple times in the head until he passed out on the ground.

"Well, could have gone worse..."

"I will say, I do kind of like the cape he's wearing."

"Take it." Avirika instructed, "The armor he has is rather nice, too."

Tabhartas put on the studded leather armor and cape. He did feel a bit flashy in the black studded leather, but still thought it suited him over the white and gold monk robes and black leather gloves and boots.

They proceeded to the next tent. In total, they found eighty gold pieces in this tent, and a broad black hat with a white feather. There was also something that caught Tabhartas' eye, an ocarina, like the one he used back at the monastery. Sorry began to enter his body, but he shook it off before the feelings welled up, taking the ocarina with him, and putting on the hat.

"I think... You should bring that into combat. I have a feeling this isn't mere coincidence, but you look the part of a bard." Avirika noted, looking over his attire and the ocarina now strapped to his neck. He nodded in compliance.

They began to sneak over to the next tent, looking for more treasures. Meanwhile, Zoff made his way along the route as instructed by Tabhartas, finding his way into the tent of the leader. The leader was lying in bed, passed out drunk on some ale, the scent of urine permeated throughout. He made his way over with his rapier and drove it through the man's heart. He tried to scream, but it was already too late.

"Don't take my shit..."

He took from his neck the necklace in question, and looked about the room for some treasure of his own. Nothing but a rapier. He grabbed it, figuring it to be important, and that's when he heard the bell ring...

"Damn, how did that not work!?" Avirika shouted, noticing the metal helmet on the man.

"Yeah... Metal kind of protects me, girl."

Tabhartas stopped ringing the bell and began to smell something in the air... Smoke? Zoff rushed in and surprise-attacked the man who stumbled back as he shoved the rapier into the boy's hands.

"Present for your troubles. Let's go!" Zoff barked out, running with Avirika and Tabhartas in tow.

As they exited, they saw exactly what Zoff did, multiple tents were on fire, and many of the bandits were running and screaming in a panic. Avirika spotted the supplies and rushed to grab them before continuing her escape, as Tabhartas noticed a rather large bandit blocking the path out.

"YOU!" He bellowed, "YOU CANNOT ESCAPE. YOU'VE ALREADY UPSET THE ONE ABOVE ALL, AND NOW YOU SHALL ANSWER TO ME!"

"One above all? A boss?" Tabhartas wondered, he drew his ocarina and looked to Avirika and Zoff. They were all clearly ready, it was a fight!

As Avirika struck at the man, overtly muscular and wielding a greataxe, he felt the force of her kick against his face, and then another following, and then yet another! Her strikes struck fiercely and clearly left some nasty marks. He gritted his teeth against these as he noticed Zoff approach with his rapier, striking the man in his unprotected thigh. He began to bleed as his blade twirled upwards and left a rather grisly gash.

The berserker was furious and shouted an angry roar at the party. He readied his axe and beat his chest before striking at Avirika! It dug deep into her arm as she attempted to misdirect the hit! Its cut was rather deep and she let out a wail as Tabhartas watched. That was when he felt it inside him, an urge to play...

His ocarina's tune began to howl through the air, as suddenly, the man's weapon glowed red hot! He screamed angrily as he felt his hands burn from contact with the weapon.

Tabhartas' eyes flashed as he saw the opportunity to strike! He drew the rapier and with a shriek of the blade cut at the man's neck! It rang through the air and the sound cast a bout of inspiration upon the party. Avirika suddenly realized it.

"He isn't a monk... He's a bard! Truly! A bard of swords!"

Tabhartas smiled his first smile as he saw the blood glimmer from the wound. That's when he pictured a flurry of attacks, enacting them in his mind and in body as the man was put down to his knees with the flames surrounding them. Avirika ran up and launched a series of blows upon the man, severely wounded, and clearly needing medical attention. He was knocked out cold from the fight and slumped over, though still breathing.

"Well, I'll be damned... A bard. Haven't seen one of those in years..."

"Truly, it's exciting!" Avirika sounded, agreeing with Zoff.

"I guess... I am."

The group looked to the man and decided it best to take him with them back to town, leaving the campsite to burn down behind them.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]