Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 (Least) Wait Time in (Online) Games? Good? Bad? 
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Group: Registered users
Post (Least) Wait Time in (Online) Games? Good? Bad?
I think I played too much doom online to the fact that once you die in survival coop, you basically sit out for the rest of the map. That accounts to wait time equaling watching the soap on tv. I do like to make some chat once in a while. In addition, some combo mods plus maps, make playing doom online much harder as in from the map start, not game start. There was no multiplayer role in mind, so death can come around a corner after a drop. That accounts to more tv time or what I used to do as called multi-tasking. It's basically the same as in irc as well, which is like listening to a live radio channel or something like that. Trust me, idling in irc as multi-tasking is much more productive as you can engage in urls, images, and audio within (as well as outside) irc. Talk about fair game here!

Sure, there's plenty of online games out there. If not considered wait time, those landscaping (mud to 3d) rpg walking moments is called scenic observation. Hey, that's cool. You getting keen right there. If that's your cup of tea, well it's more of a readers/writers/art/music club to me.

Sometimes there needs to be a focus in regards to what counts the most in a game. For people on a rl time crunch, we need to bust out as much as so little free time as a limited luxury. What concepts gets them going on and stuff, you know? The games are products to cater to certain tastes and appeals. The question is whether to cut off as much wait time to increase the leisure value, or to use the wait time as some other game module, where waiting/lurking/idling may have some reward.

---

I remember that fast or coffee break (I dunno the meaning so I apologize in advance) games are something to think about. I used to laugh at these java/shockwave/flash games when I was a kid! Well, fuck me, it went 360!

There are some web games like some zombie town game, but whatevers. Yes, call me weebie/cliche, but some of those Asian markets are encapturing the mobile devices as their next gaming platform. While I do hate the quality of the size/minimalism, I do appreciate the compatibility. As far as I can tell, the usual suspects are (mostly) rpg battle (it's rpg, doesn't have to be straight up battles) and card battle games (I don't really play this due to the fact that you can lose out valuable cards as ante/loot/prize cards [even if you kick the other nerd's ass, a single loss can be so grieving, so devastating {expect a series of rounds if there are disagreements over lost cards, with them being the prize in concern <victory conditions differ in burning out the decks or killing off all the upstaged units>; IN FUCKING SERIOUS CONCLUSION, card battle games are designed so you can lose out cards, thus requiring you to buy more copies as a collecting hobby if lady luck wasn't at the game; in physical format, no, but the virtual format may enforce the ante rules}]). Yes, I didn't forget Magic: The Gathering. As for (tabletop) D&D, I think that takes time. Roguelikes seem to work as a faster, if not more advanced alternative compared to the original design. I think that a gamebook or Choose Your Own Adventure design mixed into D&D would be a bit more interesting. However, that's another story. Game books seems to be a great quick and bookmarkable game. Still trying to figure out where the old series went.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChoSh.jpg, resident alien generation? Wow!
_
Regurgitator monster to be resumed
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
Spoiler: show
Fraud Alert Renewal Month: 03, 06, 09, and 12
My ZDoom mods
Viva Le Resistance! (threat: see ☠Image☠ below...)
Metal tracking mods
sfw
Spoiler: show
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]